Counting a date range

Hi.  I'm used to operating in Access, but need to do some analysis in Excel
because my users don't have Access.

I have a worksheet called "Master"  with a column called "Date of Referral".
 I've created a new worksheet called "Analysis" and want to count all the
records for the month of October.

Any ideas?
0
Julie (122)

Assuming REAL dates in column A. Do not use a:a

=sumproduct((month(a2:a22)=10)*1)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  I'm used to operating in Access, but need to do some analysis in
> Excel
> because my users don't have Access.
>
> I have a worksheet called "Master"  with a column called "Date of
> Referral".
> I've created a new worksheet called "Analysis" and want to count all the
> records for the month of October.
>
> Any ideas?

0
dguillett1 (2487)
10/16/2009 8:49:03 PM
One way, in Analysis:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Master!A2:A100,"mmmyy")="Oct09"))
assuming dates of referral are in A2:A100, and are all real dates
any good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Julie" wrote:
> Hi.  I'm used to operating in Access, but need to do some analysis in Excel
> because my users don't have Access.
>
> I have a worksheet called "Master"  with a column called "Date of Referral".
>  I've created a new worksheet called "Analysis" and want to count all the
> records for the month of October.
>
> Any ideas?
0
demechanik (4694)

Date construct with DatePart is kicking my.... well, you know.
Private Sub cmdCreatePath_Click() Dim strDateCons As String <bunch of my code that is (surprisingly) working like it should> strDateCons = DatePart(yyyy, Me.txtDateEntered) & "-" & DatePart(mm, Me.txtDateEntered) & _ "-" & DatePart(dd, Me.txtDateEntered) Debug.Print strDateCons End Sub When I click the magic button... nuffin'! I get an error message that states "Compile error: Variable not defined" and it highlights the 'yyyy' part of my first DatePart statement. What I actually wanted it to do was to take the date ...

Naming Ranges #4
Hi, When I name a Range on Sheet1, then make a Copy of Sheet1 to say Sheet2, then access the Define Names dialogbox, I can see the named Range listed twice. One is noted as belonging specifically to Sheet2 and the other appears without a sheet reference. When assiging a name to a Range, can I specify that it belongs to a certain sheet? Also, how would I change this code to assign the sheet name aswell? ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="myRange", RefersToR1C1:="=Sheet1!R1C1:R10C1" I am trying to assign a the name 'Column_Header_Range' to each sheet in my work...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

Count column difference
Hi Using MSExcel 97. I have two columns of data e.g. A1: A4, containing values 5,10, 3, 6 B1:B4, containing values 3, 8, 7, 4 I wish to perform a count (e.g. in C5) of the number of rows where the value in column A exceeds the respective value in column B (in this case count = 3, as A1>B1, A2>B2, and A4>B4). Just cannot get my formula right. Tried using an array (but difficult when comparing the difference between two columns), and COUNT. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Wizzy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.co...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

date #4
Hi All I live in South Africa, and I have an interesting problem that persists in Excel 2003 and 2007. =TEXT(NOW(),"dd mmm yyyy") returns 15 Dec 2006 =month(now()) returns 12 =text(month(now()),"MMMM") returns January =year(now()) returns 2006 =text(year(now()),"yyyy") returns 1905 Why would this be? Thanks Chris Chris, =text(month(now()),"MMMM") should be =text(now(),"MMMM") and =text(year(now()),"yyyy") should be =text(now(),"yyyy") or just =year(now()) Otherwise, you are calcing the month of the 12th day afte...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

How to show the month of the referenced cell (containing a date)
If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will give me the following result: "Feb - 08" I tried =Month(a2)......but I just get the number of the month. Thanks. =TEXT(A2,"mmm - yy") Or simply =A2 with the cell custom formatted mmm - yy HTH. Best wishes Harald "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> skrev i melding news:165b03da-19ba-40b8-b9fe-77b17ef045b5@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > If a cell holds the date "2/1/08", what formula can I use that will > give me the following result: > > "Feb - 08&...

GL Posting date is missing or invalid error message
Hello, When trying to post a Sales order through Sales transactions entry window, we get an error message 'General ledger posting date is invalid or missing' The dates seem correct. The fiscal periods are all set up correctly. This happens whether we try to post an individual transcation or a batch. The batch looks like it is posting, but all the posting reports have zero mamounts in them & the batch still sits there even after posting as if it has never been posted. We are running GP 8.00g34 What is causing this & how do we fix it? Thanks Did you recently change your pos...

named ranges in other workbooks
i have a range of cells whose values are validated from a list determined by a name the name is determined by a formula which references a range of cells in a different workbook (i'm on a office network...) the problem is: if the other workbook is open (on my desktop?) the name is o.k. and the validation is fine... but: if the other workbook is not open, the name results in an error i didn't think that this is the way it's suppose to work... AURGHH Mark, Do you use a full reference such as ='C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Book1.xls'!profit Bernar...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

Counting in a Report
I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header text box on my report: =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) Now in the footer of my report I want to add the result of those text boxes in another text box. What should I enter for the Control Source of that text box? Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message <evr8e50dpb@enews1.newsguy.com>: > I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header > text box on my report: > > =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) > > Now in the footer of my report I want to add the re...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

calculating quantity on hand based on date-time stamp
Hello: I am always unclear on the proper syntax for pulling date-related data. I need to pull a field in my query, below, based on the field called "IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I". This is the date in which an end user changed the cost of an item. To give you some background, the IV00102 table in my query below is the Item Quantity Master table, while the IV00118 table is the Item Cost Change History table. The field that I want to pull based on that date field is the IV00102.QTYONHND field. This field is the inventory quantity on hand field. How would I format the syntax bel...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

SUMIFS with Dates
I have a conditional SUMIFS Detail Sheet Type Date Qty Credit 2/1/10 1 Sales 2/2/10 2 Credit 2/15/10 3 Summary Sheet Week # Start Date End Date Credits Sales 1 2/1/10 2/5/10 1 2 2 2/8/10 2/15/10 3 0 So, basicallay I am summing the Credit column if the Detail is Type Credit and the Date is >= the Start Date on the line and the End Date <= the Date on the line. Same for Sales. However, as simple as it seems, it just seems not lo l...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

Named Ranges
I have a file with over 100 named ranges. I would like to expand the range of the name on all of these names. Is there a way to use the replace command or is manually the only way to do this? [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to keith. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] If the names refer to hardcoded ranges, i.e., Name1 =Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5 then you will have to either fix them by hand or write a VBA program that will make the change(s) you need. Alternatively, you use named formulas that adjust as needed. Suppose you have ...

range color from date and database
newbie done some homework on excel i would like to have a range change color based on date and time and a name from a database--or any suggestion for example if it is thursday and the time is betweeen 1 and 3 pm i want the range to be say light red if out of tinme range i want it to be light green also the cell above the range as long as time constraints are met to have a name from a datasource any suggestions or ideas apprciated i need to have data from either a database or from say another sheet where user can enter a form the data from the datasource would fill range values a...

email sent/received dates
Hi, I'm using MSN Premium included with Verizon DSL and decided to take advantage of the 2g email storage and outlook connector for msn. Got it set up and working. I created a new folder to archive some email before I copy it to the archive pst on my pc so I can search it remotely. No problems. Today, I noticed all my dates changed on sent and received email that I moved. Worse, the header in the email (that outlook displays) shows this new date and doesn't reflect the original email date. I was moving mail from our company exchange server that was ready to be deleted to this fo...

Date Part or Date Value
I have a form such that there are labels for each of the month and the control being a checkbox such that if a task is done in a particular month, then the checkbox for this month is ticked. I would like to add a textbox on this form and link it to a table such that if the checkbox for ie. Jan is checked then the textbox should show Jan-2008 if the year entered was 2008. This would then be stored in a table to use for calculations later on. Please help. On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:29:27 -0800 (PST), c8tz <ccholai@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a form such that there are labels for each of t...

Date Selection on HR Training Reports
I am implementing Human Resources, Advanced Human Resources and Certifications, Licensing and Training On the standard HR training reports such as Employee Classes, date selection does not work. If I enter a date selection, nothing is printed on the report. Without date selection, everything prints. I found a KB article - 863263 that states this is an issue for V 8.0 but I can't find anything more frequent. This appears to still be an issue. Does anyone have an update or are you experiencing this as well. Thanks Becker, If you are a microsoft partner, You can log into Dynamics GP...

Change date format in several worksheets
I have about 50 worksheets in a workbook and would like to change the date format in all. Is there a way to change all at once or must it be done worksheet by worksheet? Select first worksheet. Right-click on the tab and "select all sheets" to group them. Select data range in activesheet. CRTL + A(twice in XL 2003) will select all cells. Make your Format changes. What is done to one sheet will be done to all. DO NOT FORGET! to right-click on any tab and "ungroup" before making any other changes unless you want to change all sheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat...