Count certain values

I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with their 
choice of meal.
Example:
   A        B
John    Steak
Bill      Chicken
Joe      Salmon
May    Steak
Jean    Chicken
What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how many 
steaks, chickens to order)
Can someone please show me the formula?
Thanks 


0
Spam3249 (7)
11/23/2007 9:59:24 PM
excel.newusers 15348 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
709 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 20

Probably the easiest way would be to create a "master, unique" list of all 
available meals, say in Column C.
Then, with names and choices filling A1 to B100, try this in D1:

=Countif(B1:B100,C1)

And copy down as needed.
-- 
HTH,

RD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Ray" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message 
news:%23wbYgwhLIHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with their 
>choice of meal.
> Example:
>   A        B
> John    Steak
> Bill      Chicken
> Joe      Salmon
> May    Steak
> Jean    Chicken
> What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how many 
> steaks, chickens to order)
> Can someone please show me the formula?
> Thanks
> 


0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/23/2007 10:21:22 PM
=Countif($B$1:$B$100,C1)


-- 
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
news:%23LWgt8hLIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Probably the easiest way would be to create a "master, unique" list of all 
> available meals, say in Column C.
> Then, with names and choices filling A1 to B100, try this in D1:
>
> =Countif(B1:B100,C1)
>
> And copy down as needed.
> -- 
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> "Ray" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23wbYgwhLIHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with their 
>>choice of meal.
>> Example:
>>   A        B
>> John    Steak
>> Bill      Chicken
>> Joe      Salmon
>> May    Steak
>> Jean    Chicken
>> What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how many 
>> steaks, chickens to order)
>> Can someone please show me the formula?
>> Thanks
>>
>
> 

0
dguillett1 (2487)
11/25/2007 1:49:58 PM
Yes ... forgot that ... didn't I?<bg>
-- 
Regards,

RD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:eoZ6So2LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> =Countif($B$1:$B$100,C1)
>
>
> -- 
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23LWgt8hLIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Probably the easiest way would be to create a "master, unique" list of 
>> all available meals, say in Column C.
>> Then, with names and choices filling A1 to B100, try this in D1:
>>
>> =Countif(B1:B100,C1)
>>
>> And copy down as needed.
>> -- 
>> HTH,
>>
>> RD
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit !
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> "Ray" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23wbYgwhLIHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with their 
>>>choice of meal.
>>> Example:
>>>   A        B
>>> John    Steak
>>> Bill      Chicken
>>> Joe      Salmon
>>> May    Steak
>>> Jean    Chicken
>>> What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how many 
>>> steaks, chickens to order)
>>> Can someone please show me the formula?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>
>>
> 


0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/25/2007 4:12:41 PM
Wait till you get to be my age and forget everything.

-- 
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
news:%23Iab933LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Yes ... forgot that ... didn't I?<bg>
> -- 
> Regards,
>
> RD
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
> news:eoZ6So2LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> =Countif($B$1:$B$100,C1)
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Don Guillett
>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23LWgt8hLIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Probably the easiest way would be to create a "master, unique" list of 
>>> all available meals, say in Column C.
>>> Then, with names and choices filling A1 to B100, try this in D1:
>>>
>>> =Countif(B1:B100,C1)
>>>
>>> And copy down as needed.
>>> -- 
>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> RD
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit 
>>> !
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>
>>> "Ray" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23wbYgwhLIHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with their 
>>>>choice of meal.
>>>> Example:
>>>>   A        B
>>>> John    Steak
>>>> Bill      Chicken
>>>> Joe      Salmon
>>>> May    Steak
>>>> Jean    Chicken
>>>> What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how many 
>>>> steaks, chickens to order)
>>>> Can someone please show me the formula?
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 

0
dguillett1 (2487)
11/25/2007 4:46:26 PM
Bet I'm *past* your age!

Nov. '38

-- 
Regards,

RD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:%23I1C6K4LIHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Wait till you get to be my age and forget everything.
>
> -- 
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23Iab933LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Yes ... forgot that ... didn't I?<bg>
>> -- 
>> Regards,
>>
>> RD
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
>> news:eoZ6So2LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> =Countif($B$1:$B$100,C1)
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Don Guillett
>>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>>> SalesAid Software
>>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23LWgt8hLIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Probably the easiest way would be to create a "master, unique" list of 
>>>> all available meals, say in Column C.
>>>> Then, with names and choices filling A1 to B100, try this in D1:
>>>>
>>>> =Countif(B1:B100,C1)
>>>>
>>>> And copy down as needed.
>>>> -- 
>>>> HTH,
>>>>
>>>> RD
>>>>
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit 
>>>> !
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Ray" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:%23wbYgwhLIHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with their 
>>>>>choice of meal.
>>>>> Example:
>>>>>   A        B
>>>>> John    Steak
>>>>> Bill      Chicken
>>>>> Joe      Salmon
>>>>> May    Steak
>>>>> Jean    Chicken
>>>>> What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how 
>>>>> many steaks, chickens to order)
>>>>> Can someone please show me the formula?
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
> 


0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/25/2007 5:07:55 PM
Send the Wild Turkey 101 to me
April 15 (income tax day) 1936

-- 
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
news:uXNS0W4LIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Bet I'm *past* your age!
>
> Nov. '38
>
> -- 
> Regards,
>
> RD
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23I1C6K4LIHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Wait till you get to be my age and forget everything.
>>
>> -- 
>> Don Guillett
>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23Iab933LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Yes ... forgot that ... didn't I?<bg>
>>> -- 
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> RD
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:eoZ6So2LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> =Countif($B$1:$B$100,C1)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Don Guillett
>>>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>>>> SalesAid Software
>>>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>>> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:%23LWgt8hLIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Probably the easiest way would be to create a "master, unique" list of 
>>>>> all available meals, say in Column C.
>>>>> Then, with names and choices filling A1 to B100, try this in D1:
>>>>>
>>>>> =Countif(B1:B100,C1)
>>>>>
>>>>> And copy down as needed.
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> HTH,
>>>>>
>>>>> RD
>>>>>
>>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may 
>>>>> benefit !
>>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Ray" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:%23wbYgwhLIHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with their 
>>>>>>choice of meal.
>>>>>> Example:
>>>>>>   A        B
>>>>>> John    Steak
>>>>>> Bill      Chicken
>>>>>> Joe      Salmon
>>>>>> May    Steak
>>>>>> Jean    Chicken
>>>>>> What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how 
>>>>>> many steaks, chickens to order)
>>>>>> Can someone please show me the formula?
>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 

0
dguillett1 (2487)
11/25/2007 5:11:22 PM
Well ... 2 years probably worth 2 bottles ... I owe ya!
-- 
Regards,

RD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:%23OLt1Y4LIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Send the Wild Turkey 101 to me
> April 15 (income tax day) 1936
>
> -- 
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
> news:uXNS0W4LIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Bet I'm *past* your age!
>>
>> Nov. '38
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards,
>>
>> RD
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23I1C6K4LIHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Wait till you get to be my age and forget everything.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Don Guillett
>>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>>> SalesAid Software
>>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23Iab933LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> Yes ... forgot that ... didn't I?<bg>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Regards,
>>>>
>>>> RD
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:eoZ6So2LIHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>> =Countif($B$1:$B$100,C1)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Don Guillett
>>>>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>>>>> SalesAid Software
>>>>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>>>>> "RAGdyer" <RAGdyer@CUTOUTmsn.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:%23LWgt8hLIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Probably the easiest way would be to create a "master, unique" list 
>>>>>> of all available meals, say in Column C.
>>>>>> Then, with names and choices filling A1 to B100, try this in D1:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> =Countif(B1:B100,C1)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> And copy down as needed.
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> HTH,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> RD
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may 
>>>>>> benefit !
>>>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Ray" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message 
>>>>>> news:%23wbYgwhLIHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>I have a spreadsheet that has column A with names, column B with 
>>>>>>>their choice of meal.
>>>>>>> Example:
>>>>>>>   A        B
>>>>>>> John    Steak
>>>>>>> Bill      Chicken
>>>>>>> Joe      Salmon
>>>>>>> May    Steak
>>>>>>> Jean    Chicken
>>>>>>> What I want to do is count how many of each dish are required (how 
>>>>>>> many steaks, chickens to order)
>>>>>>> Can someone please show me the formula?
>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
> 


0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/25/2007 11:05:34 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

GL Account for Inventory stock count variance
We processed the stock count, & posted the Variance transaction it created in Inventory/Tranx/Transaction Entry. We would like to know if we can change the positive count to go into the inventory offset account but still have the negative count go to the inventory variance account? Microsoft said no, but I'm just wondering if someone has a work around? Kelly, You could create a trigger on IV10001 to perform such operation, make it reads the account from one of the item card accounts. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79...

Comparing Text Fields and returning a cell value on a match.
I have a data dump that has 2 fields FULL NAME and SHORT NAME. I hav a seperate data dump with a field called LOGIN NAME. EX: FULL NAME = James Williamson SHORT NAME = JWilliamson LOGIN NAME = JWilliam There are more FULL\SHORT NAMES than LOGIN NAMES. I dump each into a column (A, B, C) I'd like to extract FULL NAME when LOGIN NAME = the 1st characters o SHORT NAME -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Col D =IF(C13=LEFT(B13,LEN(C13)),A13,"" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you for your reply, but this only works if all the data ...

excel graphs line correctly, shows wrong value label?
I have a graph that is graphing the line in relation to the values on the x & y axis correctly but its showing a value label that is totally wrong??? I clicked on the line and checked where the line is refrencing its info from and its from the correct boxes on my excel sheet, when I hold my mouse curser over the plotted point at issue it says Value:58% which would be correct? HOw do I make it display the correct value without always having to type it in by hand (this is a template for many projects)?????????????? The other thing is all the other posted values are correct on all line...

File.xsd and duplicate ID value
Hello, Here's a sample of a file.xsd and file.xml I wrote : File.xsd: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="LogErrori" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/LogErrori.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified" ......... ......... <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="ID" type="xs:ID" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element name="Utente" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> ......... ......... </xs:sequence> ....... ....... </xs:schema&g...

How do I specify X,Y axis and Series values in a line graph?
I have a problem where I need to specify the values for the x and y axis as well as specifying the values for the lines/series information. Currently all I can do is specify either both x & y axis via a scatter Graph or one axis and the Series values via a line Graph. Any suggestions? I don't understand your question. What do you mean by Series values? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Diff-edge" <Diff-edge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A70BBE1-B124-...

Advanced Count functions
I have a list of three important data. In column A I have a subject (math, science, etc.), in column B I have a code for the one student who got it right, and in column c I have the codes of any students who guessed wrong. I want to create a list at the bottom of each individual students right and wrong in each subject (i.e., Bob had 14 right in math, 8 wrong in math, 6 right in science... etc.). What combination of functions can I use to count by means of the subject and the student's two-digit code? Thanks. If there is a subject for all codes like A B C math ...

How can I just count the records where the check boxes are "No"
I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many records are out of compliance. Please HELP need by this afternoon Julie Gilliam <Julie Gilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a audit form and when something is not completed then it is not >checked. I need to have a total at the end of each item to count how many >records are out of compliance. Use a text box with an expression like any of: =Count(IIf([check field], Null, 0)) or =Sum(IIf([check field...

Passing the value of a Combobox to another field.
I have a combo box ("ComboLineDefault") that is looking at table "ProductionLines" which has 2 fields (Record ID and Name" The combo box shows the "Name" but I want to be able to pass this value to another field on the form. I have this code written but is passes the value of the "Record ID" not the "Name". lineid.Value = ComboLineDefault.Value Thanks in Advance, Aaron Aaron, You should refer to the proper column of the combo. In this case it's column 1. The combo starts zerobased so the first value is...

Data counting
hi there, I need a solution for excel. Sheet1. This worksheet excists of a column DATE where a user can fill in dates. These dates are of the format: dd/mm/yyyy . And a column AMOUNT. Where a user can fill in an amount. This amount is of the format: number, decimal 2 for example: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 34,80 12/07/2005 | 8,50 12/07/2005 | 12,90 20/07/2005 | 5,00 20/07/2005 | 7,50 24/07/2005 | 100,60 What I want to accomplish is the following. Excel has to make a SOM from the amounts per date. and list these SOMs on sheet2. in the format: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 56,20 ...

Validation Default Value
I'm using a validation list to populate cell B7 on my worksheet. The choices on this list are dynamic and change based on the value in cell H6. Cell B6 then shows a VLOOKUP value based on the contents of cell B7. The problem is that I often need to change the value of H6 and when I do so it leaves the previous value in cell B7 until a new choice is made from the drop-down list. Is there a way to change the value of cell B7 to be either a blank or maybe make it default to the first choice on the validation list? Thanks for your help. Why would you want to change the value of B7 until...

stacked column chart with negative values
Is there a way to have a stacked column chart show each series but only have the total height of the positive numbers would take into account the negative? For example: Q1 - US 59, Asia 45, Europe -30 Q2 - US 45, Asia 50, Europe -25 For Q1 - we would like the positive stack to reach 74 and Q2 - 70. But we would still like to have it broken down by the individial series. Thanks! -- maryj On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, maryj <maryj@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is there a way to have a stacked column chart show each series but only have >the tota...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

use a value in a text control to goto a record on a nested subform
I want to be able to double-click a text control called [Joiner_Title_ID] on my 'departure' form and use the value in that control to find a matching record on a 2nd tier nested subform. My Mainform is called: 'frm_Runs' My 1st 'target' Subform is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Main' My nested target Subform2 is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Sub' My nested target conrol on Subform2 is called: [Joiner_Title_ID] My departure form is called: 'frm_Street_Joiner_Matches' My departure conrol is called: [Joiner_Title_ID] I know how to set an event, but a...

Crossing Axis Values
Hi everyone I have a chart where the values can be modified depending on some filters What I need is that the values where the axis crosses change automatically as well depending on the value of one cell for the X axis and another cell for the Y axis Instead of manually modify the values is this posible?? You'd need to do this using VBA. An example code that could be run with the chart selected: Sub ChartAxis() With ActiveChart 'This is the y-axis .Axes(xlCategory).CrossesAt = Range("A2").Value 'This is the x-axis .Axe...

Adding time values
Hi to all, I'm trying to add time values together, EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of 2:00 Is it possible to do this in Excel? Thanks in advance, John. Yes, just put the two times in separate cells, and add them =A1+A2 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Johnty" <johnmcgibbon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1113600171.db49c715fe9c4e0642762c5471fb6105@teranews... > Hi to all, > > I'm trying to add time values together, > > EG: 1:30 (90minutes) + 0:30 (30 minutes) to return a value of...

Powerpoint value in Excel
Helo, I'm looking for a way to connect a text (value) from a powerpoin presentation to one excel cell. Is this possible ? Thank you, Ott -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Button hidden in Continuous form depending on specific record value
Hi everyone, I've created a continuous form and I'm trying to display (or hide) a control (text field or button) depending on the result of a combo box entry in each individual record. Up to this point I've been able to create the code that will display or hide the control but it does so for each record on the form. Would you know a way to do it on a record by record basis?? Thanks, Bruno. While it may look as though you've got, say, 20 buttons on the form when there are 20 rows of data, in actual fact there's only a single button, repeated 20 times. That means that ...

Changing values in a range does not update the total
Hi This one is strange I have totalled a range of cells. Now when I change a value in one of the cells in the defined range, the change is not reflected in the total Could somebody please help Thanks in Advance Ramneek See answer in other group. Please don't multipost. Regards Anders Silven "Ramneek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:1c72a01c421bf$a4b78fe0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi >=20 > This one is strange >=20 > I have totalled a range of cells. Now when I change a=20 > value in one of the cells in the defined ra...

sum a field value in all querys
hello everyone How do i sum a value with another field (always the same one) in all my querys? Later, i would like to change that value to see the result in all querys. How do i do that? Please explain me best you can do cose i'm not an expert on access. Tks in advance Pedro Hi Pedro, What is the data type of the other field (always the same one)? The value you wish to sum it with - what data type is it? For example: if you had a query where one field was called rating and it was a long integer, if you wanted to add the value 4 to this you could create a calculated field in the que...

How do i count character in cell?
Hi, I need to count the total of characters in a cell. How do i count character in cell? For example: I have in the cell A1, the text ¨Me gusta mucho la tecnologia¨ the sum of character is 28, and i want this number in cell B1. Thanks Angie =len(a1) =LEN(A1) -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C178BE8D-EE2D-4DFC-BAE1-18B5C7C910E3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to count the total of characters in a cell. > > How do i count character in cell? &...

change in portfolio value
I'm running Money 2001. After updating internet information to get prices, the change in market value for my porfolio only takes into account the changes in the prices of stocks that I own, not the mutual funds. The fund prices are all accurately downloaded, they just are not reflected in the change of my portfolio's value. How can I correct this so the change in prices of all of my holdings are included in determining the total change in value of my portfolio? ...

Change Currency symbol dependant upon selected cell value
I'm back on my old favourite again, the wonderful cost estimate spreadsheet. This time i've been asked to give it an "International capability". What this means is I have a table of countries that we might produce estimates for, containing rates for each country for anual salary rate, RPI %, Local tax (VAT/Purchase tax), DASD, Tape, Network and Memory rates. That little lot isn't too much of a problem to incorporate into the calculations. Where i'm having problems is that the resulting figures/totals are required to be displayed using the Currency symbol (also in ...

How do I count nonblank text cells in Excel
I am trying to count text information in a column. Using =CountA (H1:H500), the figure comes out much too high. Then the cells likely aren't really blank. With that formula in place, try selecting a couple of the "blank" cells and hitting Edit-->Clear-->All. Save the file and hit F9. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "gerns" <gerns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DDCB04-EE26-4077-B8AE-8BB6E05E207D@microsoft.com... >I am trying to count text information in a column. Using =CountA >(H1:H500), > th...

averaging less than values #2
How do I calculate the average, minimum, and maximum of a column of numbers containing less than (<1) values and also some cells are empty? I want the less than values to be calculated as zeros when averaging and the minimum values to say <1 if it is the minimum. Example: 2 3 4 <1 <1 5 <1 4 <1 In this example the maximum is 5, the minimum is <1, and the average should be 2. Thanks -- JD Can you use a custom number format #,###;(#,###);"<1" and enter 0 instead of the text value "<1"? Then you could use average, min, and max normally ...

autopopulate sl.no.based on a cell value
I have cell value in work sheet based on a function and it changes accordingly.Based on this cell value I want to populate a serial numbers in a column.suppose c1=15,Iwant to populate from d10:d100 serial number as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 upto d24 only rest should appear as blank.Iwant this funtion as array that means d10:d100= formula.maximum cell value is around 90.Any idea to get this result. In D10 enter: =IF(ROWS($1:1)<=$C$1,ROWS($1:1),"") and copy down to D100 Hope this helps Rowan TUNGANA KURMA RAJU wrote: > I have cell value in work sheet based on a ...