Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells #4

Once again - thanks so much Gord! I really appreciate it! That's worke
perfectly - I've got it exactly how I wanted it now. And you'v
introduced me to VB - I would never have figured all that out on m
own. Will have to try and learn a bit! Cheers for all your help - it'
really helped me out!

Lizzy

--
Lizzy
LizzyD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1617

add additional column in pivot table
I have create a pivot table and used grouping function to grouping data into two months, one column is June and the other is July, how can I able to have one more column to calculate the two month difference in % ?? ...

cell value
How do I get a cell value - I want to use the text in P3 for the subject line in an email using .sendmail "address@address", cell P3 text her THANKS Hi bob For more examples visit my website Use a cell containing an email-address like this ..SendMail Sheets("mysheet").Range("a1").Value, _ "This is the Subject line" Use also a cell for the subject like this. ..SendMail Sheets("mysheet").Range("a1").Value, _ Sheets("mysheet").Range("b1").Value -- Regar...

how do i use the data in one cell as the row number of another cel
hello in one of excell sheets i have formula in one cell. in this formula i have a reference to a cell whose row number is the data contained in another cell. how do i extract this data to reference my destination cell. thanking in advance See if this helps: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/indirect_to_switch_worksheets_in_microsoft_excel.htm Your formula would be more like: =INDIRECT("C"&A1) So, if you have a 4 in cell A1, this will return the contents of C4. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "vidhya" <vidhya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

How can I invert the data in a column?
I have a lenghty list of data (column) that for another project I need a selected portion of the data in the reverse order. For example: the original data from top to bottom is a, b, c, d, e,---I now want that same date displayed as e, d, c, b, a. ...

Cumulative Data Labels on Stacked Bar/Column Chart
Hello, MS EXCEL 2003 on XP PRO. I have a stacked column chart and I want to throw cumulative data labels on it. If I go into Chart Options and turn on the Data Labels, they are incremental. So if data for a single X axis category is 10 15 20, the labels show up as 10, 15, and 20. What I want is 10, 25, 45. Right now I can manually set each label equal to a cell, but that's not a flexible as I'd like because if the data changes, the bar lengths change and the labels no longer move to where they should. Plus with a lot of categories or intervals, this takes ...

Drop the first 4 digits from a column
How do I remove the first four no.s in a Column ie C803/C803/2296 I would like the column or a new column to drop the first C803/ and ad an -- hogan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hoganc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1498 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 Hi use ="E" & MID(A1,5,255) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "hoganc" <hoganc.1dncry@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:hoganc.1dncry@excelforum-nos...

How to Tab over to a specific cell... not the adjacent one?
In order to make a form more user friendly, I would like to allow the user to use the "Tab" key to jump from one input field to another (unlike moving to the adjacent cell). Is this possible? Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Regards, SK Lock all cells> unlock desired cells>lock worksheet>test -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "SK" <sk_nj_junk@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:060101c42bc0$e4c1fc50$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In order to make a form more user friendly, I would like > to allow the user to use the "Tab" k...

link columns
I want to have columns A and B (as what a layperson might call a "set") with C, which has the e-mail addresses. Now, I have my existing example below, but I want to "match" my short roster in columns A and B with the unexpurgated list of all emails in columnC. My short roster has fewer "smiths" than all smiths who have email here. Is there a way I can do this --and write a formula to do it? Thanks! Name Number All Pop emails Smith A 112 SmithA@email.edu Smith F 117 SmithB@email.edu Smith J 119 SmithF@email.edu Smith K 120 SmithJ@email.edu Smith L 123 SmithJ...

Country Prefix in same cell
Hey All! I'm trying to pull country prefixes for matching countries from the second sheet that has recurring countries with respective prefix to the first sheet that is not recurring, prefix for same country in one cell separated by comma. Please see attached link for a visual description. Will appreciate your input. Link: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4160&d=1135879308 Hi Ely, try using a Pivot Tablej or a macro solution http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#joining.htm of course this is just using the second sheet as input in creating...

filter #4
does anyone know of a program that attaches to Outlook Express that will allow me to select which recipients will receive the attachments and which ones will receive the email body text only? Chuck wrote: > does anyone know of a program that attaches to Outlook Express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general (for OE 6), or an OE help website such a...

how to show another column when hovering on a point in a chart?
Is it possible to show info from another column when you hover on a point in a chart? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point in the little popup box. thanks, Wei Showing custom data when hovering over a chart point requires VBA support -- and even then is reasonably complicated and less than elegant. For one possible solution see Hover Chart Label http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index.html Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

4 different axis in chart ?
Hello, for a particular analysis I would like to use all 4 axis with different label. Is that feasable, and if so, how can I tackle the task? Thank you in advance! Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. Lamy - For an example of an XY (Scatter) chart with four axes titles, browse to www.MikeMiddleton.com, and download the "MultipleAxesScientificChart" workbook. It was created using Excel 2003 SP3. For chart-related questions, I suggest microsoft.public.excel.charting, and be sure to mention your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com &...

Counting Number of Identical Entries in a Spreadsheet Column
I am using XP Home and Office XP. I use a spreadsheet that has about a hundred or so lines and a number of columns, one of which is "Agent Number" in which a four digit number is entered to identify the Agent for that particular line item. Is there an easy way for me to create a table showing a ranked order of the number of times each Agent is listed in the column (e.g., Agent 7818: 20, Agent 7820: 17, etc.)? Thanks in advance! -- Fred 2002 Hi use a pivot table for this . See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.c...

Build value from cell content & sheet name !
Hi All, Interesting query (I hope).... I'd like to create a value in a cell that represents a concatenation of a value in another cell and the sheet name (tab name). Example, sheet name is 'A' and value in cell 'M15' is '1162'. I'd like cell 'M18' to indicate a value of '1162A'. Any ideas ?? Thanks, Neil =M15&sheet_name to get sheet_name see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Neil" <me@home.com> wrote in message news:dekai3$1p...

Formula to say Yes or No based on variance in time cells
Hi all, I have 2 time cells, F5 and I5, I want a forumla that will return the result Yes or No if there is a specified difference, 30mins for example. We have a spreadsheet with the same information coming from 2 sources and need to compare the information to say wether it is similar or not. Thanks in advance for any help Absolute difference? =IF(ABS(F5-I5)>=TIME(0,30,0),"Yes","No") -- HTH Bob Phillips "KingCreole" <shamble@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117014247.379550.142950@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I have 2 ti...

Copy cells to variable number of rows
I need to copy a formula (that a macro has entered at W3 & X3) down to the last row for that particuliar wk. I've figured out how to get the number of rows for that wk( in this case i=93, i will change for each wk) but can't figure out the syntax for the Range: Selection.Copy Range("W4: ? ").Select ActiveSheet.Paste instead of Selection.Copy Range("W4: ? ").Select ActiveSheet.Paste try range("W4:W"&i).filldown "Acct Supr - DCTC" wrote: > I need to copy a formula (that a macro has entered at W3 & X3) down to the > l...

Variable Column Letter in formula....?
Hi, very new to this group (just signed up) and somewhat new to Excel. I am trying to see if there is a way to set up a variable for the column in a formula cell so that you can change the letter in one cell and it will change all of the formulas in the workbook that referenced the old lettered colum to the new lettered column. Example... I have a book that has Jan and Feb in column A and Column B respectively. In A2 I have 100 and in B2 I have 200. If I have a reference to A2 in cell C1 it should return a value of 100. What I am looking to do is in NEW cell d1, have a feild where I can t...

How do I not display selected data in a stacked column chart?
I am working on a stacked column chart and I want to display the data table with the chart. In the data table I have totals of the data I want to display in the chart. Is there a way to include the totaled data in the data table, but not on the chart? You can use Excel's "Camera" tool to create a custom data table for your chart. To do so, deselect the data table option from the chart. Next, use the camera tool to copy a range of cells that you would like to use as the data table. In your example the range of cells would include the totaled data. Finally, copy the r...

Insert copied cells above hidden Named Range
I'm not sure what happened here - this worked in the past, but suddenly there is a problem with "Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown". The "record end" named range is still there, so it's not that. The marco is supposed to go to "RecordEnd" which is hidden, unhide it, insert the copied cells while pushing "RecordEnd" below the inserted cells. It worked before - anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Sheets("DRIVER LIST").Select Application.Goto Reference:="RecordEnd" Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True ...

keeping cell references during sort
I have data that I am summing. For example, I have B1 =SUM(A1:A3). Then B2 = SUM(A4:A6). I need a way that if I sort the data in column the cell references in Column B update. So if my B1 data is no contained in A5, A12, A15, my B1 formula will update to B1 =SUM(A5 A12, A15). Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Erik Spark ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com The formula in B1 won't change when column A is sorted -- it will continue to sum A1:A3. You ...

How do copy individual messages from OE6 to OL2003 and...
Hi I'd be grateful if someone can direct me to links with info or tell me how to: 1) copy individual messages from OE6 into OL2003 2) migrate all messages and address book from OE6 to OL2003 Thanks very much. Ian I think you can use File | Export from OE or File | Import from Outlook. steve "Ian R" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:d1mdrk$hp6$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Hi > > I'd be grateful if someone can direct me to links with info or tell me how > to: > > 1) copy individual messages from OE6 into OL2003 > > 2) migrate...

filtered cells
hello, I've got in sheet 1 and 2 a autofilter and I want to copy the filter results to sheet 3. Is that possible and does anybody know how to do it? greets, mark Hi You need to copy visible cells only once filtered required data select edit goto special select visible cells ok then copy this to sheet 3 Tina "minostrada" wrote: > hello, > > I've got in sheet 1 and 2 a autofilter and I want to copy the filter results > to sheet 3. Is that possible and does anybody know how to do it? > > greets, > > mark Hi tina, I don't exactly know wh...

Copying values/formulas from only visable lines when filters are o
I have huge spreadsheet with dozens of columns, and filters are on most columns. In my last column, I want to systematically post the results only of specific lines while specific (and sometimes multiple) filters are on. Also, the last column is filtered for "blanks" only, so if a line already has a value from copying a prior filter value that value does not get overwritten by a more recent filtered value. I have done this for years in excel 2003, but in 2007 the values from the non-visible lines copy over to my last column as well, which I don't want. How c...

Problem with link cells between 2 spreadsheets
I have two separate spreadsheets containing various data. One is the Summary spreadsheet and another one is the Detail spreadsheet. In the Summary spreadsheet, I bring in the values of various cells from the Detail spreadsheets using the following method. For an example, I bring in value of cell D16 from the ExecSum tab in the Detail spreadsheet into the cell A10 in the Summary spreadsheet, I will do the following In Cell A10 of the Summary spreadsheet, it contains the following to bring the value ='C:\$User\My Folder\Data\[Datail.xls]ExecSum'!$D$16 If cell D16 in the ExecSum...

Formula Cell not updating
I have a workbook with several worksheets in it. The sheets are not related to each other except that I used the copy worksheet feature to add sheets. There is a formula cell which totals the two cells to the immediate left on each worksheet. For some reason, when I change one of the values in the cells being added, it doesn't update the total, unless I retype the formula in the cell. I have had this problem one other time in the past. I'm not sure how to fix it. -- Sincerely, Beverly76 Hi you may check if automatic calculation is enabled ('Tools - Options - Calculate...