copy conditional formatting

1. I want to copy the conditional formatting set to cell A1 to Cell B1, C1,
D1..K1.How can I do so?

Ajit
0
ajitbmunj (1)

Hi Ajit,

Use the format painter(paint brush icon).
Select the cell that has the desired cond. formatting,
then press the format painter(double click if copying format to 2+ cells),
select the cell(s) that you want the same cond. formatting applied to.

Have a great day!
--
Kevin Lehrbass
www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com

"ajitbmunj" wrote:

> 1. I want to copy the conditional formatting set to cell A1 to Cell B1, C1,
> D1..K1.How can I do so?
>
> Ajit
You could use the Format Painter.

This is the paintbrush Icon on the formatting toolbar.

OR select A1 then the other cells and Format>CF>OK

The CF will be carried over to the other cells.

Note: if a formula, make sure you have the references properly set using the $
signs(s)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:44:02 -0700, ajitbmunj
<ajitbmunj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>1. I want to copy the conditional formatting set to cell A1 to Cell B1, C1,
>D1..K1.How can I do so?
>
>Ajit

0
Gord

format cells #2
I'm trying to format a cell in a spreadsheet that was sent to my office. When I click on "format cells...", nothing happens. I've never had this problem before. What gives? It sounds like the worksheet may be protected. I'm guessing "Cells" under "Format" is dimmed, meaning it is unavailable. Try: Tools > Protection If the choices include "Unprotect Sheet...", then it was protected, in which case, clicking on "Unprotect Sheet..." will disable the protection and you should be able to format to your heart's content. Regards...

change date formatting
I'm using mail merge in publisher and accessing data in access. However the data in access in showing one date format (english NZ) my regional settings are showing as (english NZ) but when the data is mailmerged into publisher it changes to a US format 10/22/05 instead of 22/10/05. I can't figure out why. If I do the same mailmerge in Office it keeps the correct format which leads me to believe its a setting in publisher but I can't seem to figure it out. HELP PLEASE!!! If you have the dates already in place in Access, changing the field to text might be the solution. Don...

Excel 2007
Hello, I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1 page tall". I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this should be a default setup for any new documents? Thanks in advance, Dza "dza7" <dvpetta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b2f6bbd5-7137-4b07-ae47-be23dc606ba3@b9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to make so that whenever I create a...

Quick Formatting Question
In Excel 2002, I now see the top column headers going from right to left, with the A column on the right side of the page going across alphabetically to the left. It seems like the whole orientation of the page is like this. Don't know what I did to do this, but any way to change it back to read left to right across the columns. Thanks for the help. Joe Hi Joe goto 'Tools - Options - International' and uncheck 'right to left orientation' After this: Find the colleague who did it :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joseph" <anonymous@discus...

adding a graphic using a conditional
How can I add a clip art image to a specific location for a "true result of a conditional ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Since worksheet functions can only return values (they can't affect images, borders, colors, etc), you'll need to use an event macro. One way: Paste your image onto the sheet and position the way you want. Name it, say, "image1". Since you didn't specifiy a condition, assume the condition is that J1 > ...

Union Query Formatting
Hello all, I have created a Union query to give me information from two tables and it works well, except that the formatting of a numeric field which can refer to any currency displays the default currency for everything! In the SQL statement I formatted the field to display as Standard, but of course then it becomes text! I tried writing a VAL function around it and the values were displayed in thousands, eg insted of 14,235.50 I would get 14. Help.... I've just spent hours trawling through the questions and answers on the site, but I haven't been able to find a solution. ...

trying to copy a sheet
I am trying to copy a sheet in MS Excel97. I click on the sheet I want to copy then right-click and then choose Move or Copy.... I make sure that the Create copy check box is chosen then I choose which sheet I want the new copy to appear before. I click OK and nothing happens. If I move to another sheet after that I get the Program Error dialog box and Excel closes. Can anyone help me understand why this is happening and want can I do to stop it. Thank you. I had the same problem with Excel 97, which is now almost decade-old software. The problem ceased when I upgraded to Excel XP...

VBA code to paste data based on condition
I'm new to VBA programming and would appreciate some help with a macro. There is a database table that can be refreshed throughout the month that simply overrides the cell value from the same refresh. So the values update every time you refresh in the same cell until the next month begins (Date + Year are the column headings). What I need to do is break each month down into weeks like this (1-7 = Week 1, and so on where Week 5 is any day after the 28th of the month). I need a macro where the morning a new week starts (Day 8), I can copy/paste values the entire column in...

Retaining identical format/look after copy paste
On my Sheet1 I have a highly custom financial statement with fonts, bold, underlines, several column widths set to 2 versus std 8.43 So when I highlight and copy it, say with the range B2:M50 to sheet2 D4 how can I retain the identical "look" on sheet2 as is on sheet1? Can this be done using the Copy/Paste or Copy Paste-Special route? I prefer not going to the right-click on tab and the create copy of worksheet approach. TIA In xl2k and higher, you can copy|paste special and choose to copy column widths. In all versions, if you copy the whole column, the column widths will c...

Excel Formattings
I send data (percentages) to Excel with 1 decimal. The number before send to excel is 1.2%. When send to Excel the number becomes 1.20%. This is the default setting of Excel for percentages. Can anything be done in order to avoid formatting numbers again in Excel ? ...

Conditional Formatting for a Range
I want to apply my formatting to an entire range. I see there are several similar questions posted already but I'm not having success with the answers provided. Here is what I am trying to do: if AC4=W4 then format A4:AC4 I cannot get this formula to apply to my entire range down to row 2000 (If AC5=W5 then format A5:AC5, and so on) -- KKD What version of Excel are you using? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "KKD" <KKD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AC65117-8F68-4DFF-9EBF-7F868744A9E1@microsoft.com... >I want to apply my fo...

Two Conditional Formats
The first conditional format is "=MOD(ROW(),2)=0". This auto shades every other row and fixs the rows color so if I do a sort the rows will still be shaded every other row. The second Conditional Format is to color the font red if less than 0. However, if a negitive number is in a row that has been shaded, the font will not trun red, in the other rows the negatives are red. What can I do to have both the shaded cell and red negative numbers? As always, any help is very much appreciated. "Ronbo" wrote: > The first conditional format is "=MOD(ROW(),2)=0&qu...

Receipt Format
I need a Template in Excel for Money received (Receipt Voucher) ...

Print multiple copies of checks in non collated
I have an HP Laserjet 4050n printer and am using the PCL6 driver. I print 2 copies of every check and want them to print 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, etc. When I print checks they print 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4 (collated). I have looked for a way to turn off collate options in the printer, withing GP, but cannot find where to change the way it prints the checks or any other reports. I have the option to collate or not collate in other applications such as Word, Excel, etc, but not while printing in Great Plains. GP uses the printer settings in Control Panel. You can create a printer in Windows and...

Move data to list format
I have a customer list downloaded into Excel. I want to move customer name, address, state, zip, etc fields into columns so that I can import them into a database. Each customer, for example, is separated by about eleven rows. Can this be done? As long as they are separated by 11 rows, this does it Sub testloop() Dim cRows As Long Dim i As Long Dim j As Long Dim agtname As String cRows = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row With Worksheets("Sheet2") For i = 1 To cRows Step 11 For j = 1 To 11 .Cells((i - 1) \ 11 + 1, j)....

Create simpleType for date format
Hi, I want to create a simpleType that will constrain an element to be a date of the form dd/mm/yyyy. I have this at the moment, <xs:simpleType name="newDate"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:pattern value="((0[1-9]|1\d|2[0-9])/([0][1-9]|1[0-2])|30/(0[13-9]|1[0-2])|31/(0[13578]|1[02]))/\d\d\d\d" /> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> but that doesn't work for leap years. Is it possible to use the date base type. Something like: <xs:simpleType name="newDate"> <xs:restr...

Multiple copies of a forwarded email in Exchange
Hie all, I have a challenge that is a thorn in side. Background that may help: I have seven Exchange servers in one 2003 Active Directory domain. These servers are located in six ddifferent countries with one country also hosting the front end server. I have contacts that have email addresses belonging to other sytems e.g yahoo.com hotmail.com etc. On to my Challenge: I have setup forwarding for a number of accounts to their contacts (one of them is my CEO). What happens is that if anyone who's mailbox is not hosted on the same server as his mailbox, sends him email, more than on...

Excel Formula Copy
Why would a formula copy down the whole column but NOT provide the correct answers within the cells at one computer and at another computer would work? Jennifer schreef: > Why would a formula copy down the whole column but NOT provide the correct > answers within the cells at one computer and at another computer would work? Could you be more specific? What does it say on the other computer? Maybe in Tools > Options> Calculations "manual" is selected. Maybe the Automatic Calculation option is off on the computer it wont work on?? Thats my only guess "Jennifer&quo...

Email text formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) how can I keep text numbering in sequence when starting a new paragraph, instead of re-starting at 1? Entourage's text manipulation features are rudimentary. For your purposes, you might want to compose your messages in Word (which gives you more control over numbering) and then click on File>Send To>Mail Recipient (as HTML) when you are done. Please note that this option is only available if Entourage is set as your default e-mail application. On 05/01/10 12:33, RobbieF@officeformac.com wrote: > Versio...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

Copying file names and not the actual file
I have a folder in Excel which contains about 500 files with different file names refering to a different client: e.g. "Proforma Bill Smith-GS010203" "proforma John Smith- CS010302" I am currently tying to set up an Excel spreadsheet and would like to copy just the file names into the spreadsheet - not the actual file. I have been trying to copy and paste, just the file titles and had no luck, as excel only wants to copy the file. In Excel you can "Copy" and "Paste Special" if you want to just copy the values, and I wondered whether you could do ...

How do I disable the pop-ups that appear when I copy/paste, etc?
I just upgraded to Office 2003. Each time I copy, paste, fill down, etc., I get these little pup-up wizards. What are they actually called? How do I disable this feature? <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, And uncheck the options you don't wish to have displayed. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "Fiscal Al" <Fiscal Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C10E796-C820-434C-94B6-3660D549...

Copying attachments to another email gives odd results
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 SP3 using an updated Windows XP SP3 When I copy 5 attachments from one email and paste them into another, it some times pastes the same attachment for all 5 but uses the correct name. I end up with an email with 5 different names, but they're all the same file. Saving them locally then reattaching seems to prevent this and it happens in rare situations. Is this a known issue? ...

Maintain Chart Format
When we copy over charts into a new workbook in order to send out to each department the formatting is lost each time. For example the labels go from 89% -> 89.015215425 How can I maintain the format when moving to other workbooks. Thanks so much ...