Copy cell to a new cell #2

In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I would
to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to do
this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks

mohd21uk

I would use Data>Filter>Autofilter and use custom>begins with...

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@uwe> wrote in message
> In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I
> would
> to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to
> do
> this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks

Hi there,

you also can show (the result of the function will be) the value, like in an
additional column, e.g.
=IF(LEFT(B2;3)="GB2";B2;"")
where in B2 the cell with the value (starting or not-starting with GB2)
and then copy the function downwards to fill this column

if the value starts with GB2; then will reveal the result, if not, will be
blank ("")
also the "GB2" argument can be replaced to a cell reference.. (like $C$1 <=
absolute reference)

Any good?

Best regards,
ANdras
(Hungary)

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

> I would use Data>Filter>Autofilter and use custom>begins with...
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
> www.nickhodge.co.uk
> nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS
>

> "mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@uwe> wrote in message
> > In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I
> > would
> > to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to
> > do
> > this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks
> >
> > --

ANdras (21)

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

Delegation #2
My company recently converted from a Groupwise email system to Outlook. In groupwise, I set up proxy access for users to access other mailboxes, such as a fax or helpdesk mailbox. With the new setup, our biggest problem is that when users send from the other accounts, the emails go into their own sent folders--not the account they emailed from (like fax or helpdesk). This is important because more than one person may monitor those boxes and there needs to be a history of who sent what were. Is there something I am doing wrong? I thought it was a delegation thing because all the instruct...

T-bills and investments #2
I am stuck trying to post purchases & sales of T-bills. The number just don't seem to work out right when I look at the transactions, and I cannot figure out how to get the interest and renewals to post. My problem is when I "buy" a t-bill for 990 ($1000 discounted), it values the T-bill at 9.90. That does not seem right to me, there must be something wrong. The investment is set up as a treasury account (not on-line), and I'm just trying to post my purchases. Can someone help me to figure out how to post these discounted bonds or tell me where I can find help ...

Excel text box #2
Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both vertical and horizontal in the draw text box? I am using Excel 2000. I found it for the cell default. That's what I want to do with the draw text box. -- Thanks To get the horizontal centering--just select your text and hit the Center Icon on the format toolbar--just like you would to center text in a cell. I had to hit enter a few times (at the beginning of the text) to center it vertically. rvrl wrote: > > Is there a way to set the default text alignment to "center" for both > ...

2 DBs connections + commit/rollback
Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3rd comp. .net driver we use... but the situation: Open FB tran and MSSQL tran... If the commit fails on FB that is first executed, the MSSQL (2nd step) is not executed, no problem... but how can I do a FB rollback that was commited if the MSSQL fails on commit? Have you ever seen this? Thanks Paulo Roberto wrote: > Hi, the asp.net app have to communicate with MSSQL and FireBird DBs. Because > FB is desktop and MSSQL is web. Firebird is 3r...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

can't save due to sharing violation #2
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. "Jusal" wrote: > unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to > sharing violation, but no other file is open. This happens to me all the time and I have no idea why. I'm the only one who is using this computer . . . no network, no other users. Yet for no obvious reason and somewhat randomly I get that condition message. It sure eats up a lot of time. I have to save the file under a different (temporary) na...

How Long Can Release 1.2 Still Be Purchased?
Hi, I know that support for 1.2 ends at the end of October, 2006. But does anyone know when purchases and sale (and the capability of getting registration keys) of release 1.2 ends? We work with a 3rd party ISV and their product won't be ready for 3.0 for quite a few more months and I am trying to figure out our response to clients who need this add-on and want CRM. Thanks. Alan ...

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Getting a cell reference to move laterally instead of vertically?
I have data that is sorted in columns, but the data I want to graph is a cross section of this data and therefore it comes from one row across several columns. I'm trying sort my graph/equation data in a column, however. Is there a way to get the equation cell references to move across a row even while the cell is descending a column? You can do it on a range using the TRANSPOSE function (array entered), or you may want to take a look at the OFFSET function, which takes a row and column argument. Use the ROW() function to generate the column argument and you will be able to copy...

Number of Copies
Hi I have a strange problem: - I have a Access 2003 db in 2000 format - I have a report in that database - I am printing the report to different printers or pdf - Suddenly the default for Number of Copies is "4" and not "1" in the Print window If I am importing the report to a new db, the defualt setting of 4 number of copies is still there. There is no code in the report and the problem is there even if I are in design view or not. - Tthe 4 must be in the report, no other reports have the default 4. - It is default 4 in every printer Thx! Staffan ...

Copied Worksheet does not maintain it 's properties
Hello , My VB app , access a particular Excel file (ie Template.xls) and runs a Macro . This Macros out is a report which is printed on a Worksheet in the same Template.xls . Then I select the Output worksheet of the template xls and copy the contents into a new Excel file . The reason why I am doing this is because I dont want the new file to contain the Macro . The problem is , the formatting of the Output sheet (Column lengths , Fonts etc) is NOT effected on the new workesheet of the file when copied . So I basically have an unformatted Output in the new file . How may I overcom...

Installing new Great Plains License Keys. Do users need to be off the system?
We've purchased additional user licenses for Great Plains: eEnterprise v 7.00g12. Can I register these keys while people are in the system? Thanks Kevin ...

Help in displaying in a cell
I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works) in a excel spreadsheet, but the cell only display ############ wrap text option is checked, What's the exact problem? Using excel 2007 Is the cell formatted as Text? Apply a General format to it instead. Also, you can insert manual line breaks as you enter the text using Alt-Enter. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 3, 9:59=A0am, "crapit" <biggerc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works= ) > in a excel spreadsheet, but the c...

Merging cells with the same values
I am looking to merge all the horizontal cells in a sheet that display the same value answer as the cell directly along side it. The values are generated from a lookup formular that expresses the answers as words. Is it possible to get a group of cells alongside each other to merge and display the same answer automatically. Thanks ...

Calculate total number off cells with data in
Hi All Hope I find you well I have a spreadsheet that has a number of cells that may or may not have data in them depending on curtain criteria. What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? Hi Gazza, > What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? > Check out the COUNTA worksheet function. Regards, Jan Kare...

Deleting transactions #2
Help! We had problems with one of our registers and we had to replace the PC that we were using and and when we finally got all ready to operate we lost everything that we had rung in (which we re-entered later) but now when we run a detailed sales report for that day it shows all of the sales that we cannot see in the journal but they show on the report, I want to delete them but there is not a batch for those transactions only the transaction # and I do not want to delete all of the transactions just the ones that are incorrect for that day. I hope someone can help Thanks! You can v...

Outlook 2003 "Favorite Folders" #2
In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box whitch contains folders. How does one edit these folders (remove.) Thanks...Keith Right click and remove, it is under the search folders. If you do not want any just choose folder list insetead of mail "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cRa%b.9581$aT1.8218@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > In the upper left corner of Outlook 2003 there is a "Favorite Folder" box > whitch contains folders. > > How does one edit these folders (remove.) > > Thanks...

Adress Book #2
In the help file it states... "The Outlook Address Book is created automatically and contains the contacts in your Contacts folder" I imported my contcts from a .csv file and the address book was not automatically created. So when I make a new e-mail press "to" the outlook address book is empty and if I try to add a new entry to the outlook address book is says "a new entry could not be added. PLease use the contacts module to create this entry." to which if I do it still does not show up in the address book ? Thanks Keith You will need to include some in...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

Copy a folder and objects
From a workbook I wanted a button that would copy a folder to another drive. After dinging around I came up with this: Set CpyFolder = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") CpyFolder.CopyFolder "c:\TestIt", "d:\TestIt", overwrite End Sub This works but I have no idea why. The CopyFolder only works if you use a Set = something then use the Something.copyfolder. This seems just idiotic and useless. Why not just "Copy c:\folder, d:\folder" and make it easy? What is the purpose of adding the complication of objects? Also... the copy process was...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

[ANN] IronPython Training in New York, January 21st 2010
Hello all, In association with Holdenweb Training [1] I'll be doing some IronPython training in New York in January (21st). The course is called "IronPython from the Ground Up": http://hwebipmc01.eventbrite.com/ Course details: Michael Foord is an early adopter of IronPython, having used it for (among other things) the creation of the Resolver One Python-driven spreadsheet product. He is the author of Manning's IronPython in Action and a well-known speaker at Python conferences throughout the world. IronPython is the implementation of Python for the ...

Copy Sheets
Why can't I copy a sheet in excel to another workbook? When I right click on the sheet tab in is not doing anything no more as well. Hi griify Maybe you protect the workbook Tools>Protection -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "griify" <griify@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAC20DC8-6132-45D3-874B-57073E9EDB12@microsoft.com... > Why can't I copy a sheet in excel to another workbook? When I right click on > the sheet tab in is not doing anything no more as well. griigy, It works better for me to select the range I want ...