copy a drop down menu so it appears in each row of a column?

I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out
how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the
drop down list appear in evey row of a column?

I'm an excel newbie!

thanks for your help!
0
Vanmessa (1)

Make your list somewhere and then use  Data-Validation-and where it says "any
value" choose "list"  and Then choose the source of the list. When you have
done this for one cell, copy and then paste special and choose validation.

Hope this helps

"Vanmessa" wrote:

> I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out
> how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the
> drop down list appear in evey row of a column?
>
> I'm an excel newbie!
>
> thanks for your help!
0
Robert24 (1)
10/6/2008 6:53:01 PM
Go to your drop-down cell, copy, then go down the row and paste!

"Robert24" wrote:

> Make your list somewhere and then use  Data-Validation-and where it says "any
> value" choose "list"  and Then choose the source of the list. When you have
> done this for one cell, copy and then paste special and choose validation.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> "Vanmessa" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out
> > how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the
> > drop down list appear in evey row of a column?
> >
> > I'm an excel newbie!
> >
> > thanks for your help!
Pre-select the range of cells to have the dropdown list.

Then create the DV list dropdown.

If you have one created already, just select that cell and a bunch below and
Data>Validation

A mesage will pop up "do you want to extend etc."  Click Yes then OK

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:16:06 -0700, Vanmessa
<Vanmessa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to create a spread sheet to enter data into and i've figured out
>how to make a dropdown list to simplify data entry. But how can i make the
>drop down list appear in evey row of a column?
>
>I'm an excel newbie!
>
>thanks for your help!

0
Gord

Migrating users from 5.5 to 5.5, What needs to be copied??
We are currently having problems with our Exchange server 5.5 running service pack3. We want to migrate all the users settings to another server running windows 2000 server and using windows exchange server 5.5. What exactly needs to be be backed up so that we will be able to get all users settings from the old box??? If you're moving to new hardware, and the existing server is up to it, then you can achieve the move with practically no downtime following the Ed Crowley method... http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxa.htm Good luck, Chris www.msexchange.co.uk >----...

entries from query dropping out in report...
hello all! i was wondering if any of you have seen this - i have a parameter query from which i generate a report. the last time i ran it, there were two entries in the query that were not in the report at all. when i re-created the report using my old notes (and the existing query used to generate the old report), the two entries were included in that one. any idea what might be going on? thanks, mya -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200709/1 ...

outlook
IS THERE AN ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE REFERENCE TO THESE SHORTCUTS? WITHOUT USING STRINGS (which gets translated depending on the internationalization?) The problem - in details: Actully i'm working on an addin in o2k. Hardly but i've managed to figure out the most thing i need. Now i have problems with accessing the menu... I want to get an event when user select save-as in the inspector! The next code works fine until i'm using an English version of outlook2k: Set o = Application.ActiveInspector.CommandBars("Menu Bar").Controls("File").Controls("Save ...

Format Column
I have a column with inmate id numbers in it. I imported them from a text based program. I made a custom formatting for the column because all the id numbers begin with zero. IE 00112356 or 01555666 etc... The format I used was 00000000 under custom. The problem now is that I want to import them into access but access doesn't see the zero at the beginning. How can I make it show the literal number including the zeros? I tried adding the '01222555 before the number, but I would have to manually append 2000 records. Is there a faster way? Morph. Hi you could use a helper column...

print copies at printer instead of sending multi-copies to printer
Does anyone know how to send 1 copy of the page to a hp color laser and have the printer itself make the copies to save time / bandwidth. I noticed that it was sending a new copy of the page for each copy. ...

Copy pictures off a DVD
How do I copy pictures off a slideshow that was made in a movie maker program? I have tried Print Screen, but the slide show on the DVD continues to run. I have also tried to open the files on the DVD and was unsuccessful in retrieving the pictures. Hi, BrazauRJ, This doesn't really have much to do with Microsoft Office programs (the topic of this forum), but perhaps you can "pause" the movie and then do a screen shot. You should also make sure that you have permission to use the images first. Or contact the person who made the movie and ask them for the sou...

I want to copy a cell (A) to another cell. But, only if I peg (A)
(A) is not a valid cell reference. What does "peg (A)" mean. Use the large piece of white space in the body part of your message to fill in some descriptions please. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 1 May 2008 14:10:11 -0700, Rv <Rv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

problem with interface appearance
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with displaying a button on a dialog. When I put the button on the dialog,it looks fine, even when I click on the test button of VC++ the dialog appears correctly. However, when I run the program, the button is only half visible, but it is clickable and works correctly. Has anyone else had this strange behaviour? Could someone help me w/ an advice? Thank you very much! Is there another control on that dialog? Can you move the button to another spot and still see the problem? "Leonid Nikolayev" <leonidnikolayev@hotmail.com> wrote in m...

Sorting and copying data in Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C39492.196CE990 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First off I am using Excel XP and Windows2000. What I would like to do = is to take the items I type into a requisition form on Excel and then = have them copied to different work sheets based on the budget code = assigned to each item. Any direction on how to do this would be help. = Thanks Jim ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C39492.196CE990 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Conte...

Email is not appearing in Queue
I have installed Exchange Email Router, deployed the rules for all the user. When I send an email to that queue it does not appear in the queue but I do receive an email but if I click on TrackInCRM that email appears in the queue. To my understading the main reson to have a queue is to automatically direct all emails to its related queue. What have I done wrong? Any suggestion? Thanks ...

Data to transfer from column to row #2
Dear All, I have a cell that contains like: PM-1234, PM-2345, PM-5689, PM-9999. I want to segregate these 4 tag into rows. i.e., PM-1234 PM-2345 PM-5689 PM-9999 Is there any excel guru out there to help in my problem??? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, qwerty7 -- qwerty7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- qwerty70's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3267 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52474 If you highlight the four cells containing the data, then click <...

Cann't Copy From Generated Excel Sheet in GP10 Via Citrix
Hi all, I'm facing a problem in Citrix with GP10.. That is.. when I log in GP10 as a Citrix client via web interface then export some smartlist favorite from GP to excel sheet I can't do copy from the generated excel sheet to a new excel sheet on my local machine while i don't face this problem when I login as a terminal sevice client!! Is that related to some policies in Citrix with GP10 or there are some configurations in Citrix or GP10 must be modified to allow copy and paste?!!!! Plz help I tried many times but couldn't solve this matter! Any one hear me? Have you t...

How do I choose multiple values in a drop down box?
I'm hoping to create drop down boxes in a spreadsheet that can have multiple values. I haven't been able to make this work and am wondering if it's even possible. Any help would be great, thanks! You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Kristy wrote: > I'm hoping to create drop down boxes in a spreadsheet that can have multiple > values. I haven't been able to make this work and am wondering if it's even > possible. > > Any hel...

How do I split a column of information into two?
I have a column of information that I would like to split into two columns. As follows Mr John Smith (johnsmith@hotmail.com) Mrs Katie Brown (katiebrown@hotmail.com) I need to put everything in the bracket into a new column! Can anyone help? One way, assuming data as posted in A2 down In B2: =LEFT(A2,SEARCH("(",A2)-1) In C2: =RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-SEARCH("(",A2)+1) Select B2:C2, copy down as far as required -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64C2A4BD-CCF9-439...

GP flag in the Sales Order set up window for drop ship line items
I suggest a flag that we can set in the Sales Order set up window so we can make an order type of drop ship that will always default to drop ship. Once this happens, then the rest will flow for us because the transfer to P.O. will then generate a drop ship purchase order; our desired result. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

Customer not appearing in Collection Query
Hi, I am on GP9 SP3 and have created a collection query, however some customers do not appear in that query even though they should. I have done/checked the following 1. Statement to field is populated with a valid email address 2. Customer is not on hold 3. The customer does not have do not send letter box marked 4. Run checklinks on collections 5. Reconciled the debtor 6. Run checklinks on debtor master and Transaction Open tables 7.Created a new query for that one debtor and it says 0 customers found Can you please assist and let me know where I am going wrong. Thank V can you se...

Copy the last cell in an Excel column to another cell
I am a novice excel user. I have a spread sheet that continually changes, rows and columns add or subtract up to a total. The total column contiunues to grow in length as new entries are made. Can this last cell with an entry be copied to another cell, for example in a header back at the top of the spread sheet? I have tried to find a function to no avail...MAX wont work becasue the number can get smaller. Thanks in advance. Assuming that Column C contains the 'Total', try... =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,C:C) Hope this helps! In article <79AF897E-5359-4786-9E60-6A2884...

Link row to Column
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple tabs. I want to have a row of data be linked to a column on the other tab. For example: A1 linked to A1 B1 linked to A2 C1 linked to A3 D1 linked to A4 Is there an easy way to transpose the link so that I don't have to manually create the link for each one? I have about 70 or so and growing. Try: Cell A1: =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A" & COLUMN(A1)) and drag across the columns Regards Trevor "Aaronous" <Aaronous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EA38615-6B24-402B-8C2A-78E4189A4C45@microsoft.co...

Align receipt column to the left
Hi All, I have the following XML code from my a4 receipt. All I am trying to do is make the row <ROW> "||Discount||" Entry.ReasonDiscount.Code "|" align left so that it appears under my lookup code or description (i'm using entry.comment) I cannot seem to get this to work and I am very confused by the alignment command. Can anyone please help? It's an full page receipt using Opos drivers. I have included the code concerned below; <TABLE> <TOP> HeaderHeight + MarginTop </TOP> <FONT> "Small"...

Column-Line Chart w/ Dates
I have a chart that is using columns for category "A" on the primary x-axis (a $ amount). This category is broken down first by person, then by month. So essentially from left to right the columns will be person "1" and month "1", person "1" and month "2", person "1" and month "3", person "2" and month "1", and so on.... The chart is also using lines to mark category "B" on the secondary x-axis (a $ amount that is a portion of category "A", but not a percentage. Essentially c...

Error message when hiding columns
Has anyone seen this error message before when trying to hide columns? "Cannot shift objects off sheet." -- valenj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ valenj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24087 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376912 maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 valenj wrote: > > Has anyone seen this error message before whe...

When forwarding a message only a red x appears in a blank box?
When I try to forward a message with a picture, the receiver, receives the written part but no pictures are sent only a blank box where the picture would be and a small red x in the top right corner. How can I correct this ...

Drop Down Boxes #6
I haven't done this in a long time and cannot remember how to do it. How do I make drop down lists in cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use Data Validation to restrict what they put into D5. Select cell D5, then Data > Validation Then from the drop down list, choose List, and in the Source box, put whatever you want, i.e. x. Then click OK. Now whenever you try to enter a value that is not correct, you get a warning. To help them even more, when the Valdiation dialog box is open, select the last tab, Error Alert. Put a title for it (Exact entry required...

formula for a column #2
I'm working on a daily worksheet where all the values for a column will be the same ex. L2/C2, L3/C3, L4/C4 How do I set it up? Assuming the column you want to compute the values is in say, col M Put in M2: =IF(C2=0,"",L2/C2) and press ENTER Point the cursor to the bottom right corner of M2 (cursor will turn into a "black cross") Drag to fill as far down as required .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "msdobe" <msdobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:529B3703-9D9A-4560-80D...

Insert Rows between each row
I have data like this Arjun Balaram Christopher Dinesan Elangovan I need to insert a row between each row and I want to make above as: Arjun {Blank row} Balaram {Blank row} Christopher {Blank row} Dinesan {Blank row} Elangovan {Blank row} How can I do? thanks, Narasimha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, 1).End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 rows(row_index).Insert (xlShiftDown) Next End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &qu...