converting windows 2000 to XP

Is this a start fresh process where I uninstall 2000 or is it a install XP over2000 like an update

0
anonymous (74722)

You can either install over or along side.

"BKR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Is this a start fresh process where I uninstall 2000 or is it a install XP
over2000 like an update?
:

0
nospam202 (664)
4/21/2004 12:07:49 PM
Let me rephrase -- are you talking Office2000 and Office XP or the Windows the
Operating system?    See other post if Office

If the operating system, depends on the type of program you bought -- if you
bought an upgrade version, you can actually upgrade from 2000 to XP.  If it is
not an upgrade version, then you will have to do a clean install.

"BKR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Is this a start fresh process where I uninstall 2000 or is it a install XP
over2000 like an update?
:

0
nospam202 (664)

Losing email in Windows live mail on Windows 7
I am losing some emails that come into my mailbox. I can read it in the Quick View "Unread emails" view but it does not show up in my Inbox or in any other folders. Open that inbox folder, than click View, Show or hide, Show all = messages. If you don't see the View button, press Alt first. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Virgil" <Virgil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:19D2BA1C-BBF4-4E10-8CDC-6BC3406D2E77@microsoft.com... >I am losing some emails that ...

Exchange 2000
Hello, Does anybody know of search tool that can perform the following: 1. Search the Mailbox store directly, i.e., M: 2. We are interesting in search for From, To, Subject and Body and if possible attachment contents. 3. We would like to do one pass on the information store so we wish to be able to build a multiople search query, i.e., a) Search for "John" b) Search for person@domain.com c) Search for "HELLO" d) etc... 4. We would like to then be able to copy our findings to a folder or something.... It seems that the built in searchin...

RMS 2.0/Windows Permissions Error
Good Morning Everyone, I have a question for the group. I have a customer running RMS 2.0, pre SP2 on Windows XP. The customer is trying to lock down his cashiers from installing unauthorized software and other such abuses on the computers. Here is the problem. When locked down he is getting the error: "Server Failure 139: A server failure occurred while attempting to read the register." This error only happens as the POS and goes away when the user is added as a local administrator. I am fairly confident this is a problem with permissions regarding licensing or OPOS, bu...

modeless message window in a regular dll?
Hello community, I have written a regular dll that should just show a status window. The problem is that I have no control over the application calling the dll. The application should not be aware of the status window. The window should just be modeless (it shouldn't block *any* application GUI) and it should show a status message. If possible, it should have a Close button. The dll uses a worker thread for requests from the application and it uses a UI thread for socket operations. Note that I use MFC in the dll (which could make it more comfortable to create the window - or - on the ot...

xp peers to peer networks
I will be running an MSAccess 2003 application split into front end and back end on an xp peer to peer network. If the 'server' computer which holds the 'shared data ' is XP Pro system how many clients can I link to it. Is it a lesser number if I run XP Home on the server. If I split the data on the 'server' into more than one mdb file does that have an implication on the number of clients. thank you .... You should be fine if you run it as a split database. It should be a split frontend/backend with each computer having the frontend on their computer. How many...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

windows 7 pro 64bit installing 32bit app
i am installing a 32 bit app on a 64 bit win7 platform it registers regsize32.ocx in the install but when i try and load the app it fails on that file and i can not run regsvr32 as the file is not present where does win7 place 32 but drivers like program files x86 You will find the 32bit version of regsvr32 at c:\windows\syswow64. The ocx might be in the same folder as regsvr32 or could be in the folder where you installed the app (\program files(x86)). "Stuart Macleod" <StuartMacleod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A204E-43C3-4BB6-9691-6DB4...

Overlapped/Hidden window?
Is there any way to find out that one window(Static text)is overlapped/hidden by other(ComboBox)? ...

Problems with Publisher 2000 and Windows 2000
One of my clients started having problems with Microsoft Publisher 2000 last week. Whenvever she tries to run it on her Windows 2000 box, Windows installer comes up and asks her to insert her office CD, she does, and then she receives an error message saying "The installation source for this product is not available." She is an administrator of her own machine, but ironically, the user "administrator" can run publisher without any problem. I have had this problem with the first disk of Office 2000 in the past, and microsoft was able to resolve it by sending a pr...

I can belive we pay 2000 pounds for a mac??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can believe that I buy a 2000 pounds laptop and I can access some business card temple .... because I don't use windows please help me I wish to see some temple to create a business card on my MAC BOOC Pro The price of the Mac has nothing to do with it :-) First of all, are you aware that in File> Project Gallery - New there are Business Card templates available? All templates designed specifically for Mac Office apps are automatically included when you install the software. If you want to use thos...

Microsoft Office 2000 error 1706
I have a reoccuring error with Office 2000 on multiple machines, where it attempts to install the program every time it loads. The program install was done as a custom where all features were installed to the hard disk. The only personel that have the problem are those that are not administrators to the local machine. And even after an Administrator has used every application, a common domain user still has recieves the 1706 error. Each install is updated to SR-1 and Service Pack 3. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Convert Alpha to Numeric
I have two spreadsheet which I would like to compare. One has numeric data, the other has the same data but the references codes have been entered as alpha. Does anyone know how this can be converted to numeric? Many thanks for your help. Not sure, but maybe as a start, you could try something along these lines using VLOOKUP and CODE() ? Assume the sample (numeric) data below is in Sheet1 cols A and B, with the numeric refcodes in col A RefCode Field1 65 Text1 66 Text2 67 Text3 etc And you have in Sheet2, the alphas as the RefCodes in col A RefCode Field1 A Text1 B Text2 C Text3 etc ...

Query error after converting
I'm running Access 2003. I have a working database. It seems as if the database is in Access 2000 format, because when I go to Convert, the 'Convert to Access 2000' option is grayed out. I need to convert this database to both Access 2002-2003 and Access 97. I have this part of VB code, and it works fine in the current version, as well as in Access 2002-2003 (after converting to Access 2002-2003). Dim rstRoutes As Recordset Dim strSQL As String ...... strSQL = "SELECT DISTINCT [Route] " & _ "FROM Highways_Info " & _ "WHERE ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database
any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access 2000 Database ??? the Error i get when attempting to Open The microsoft jet database engine stoped the process becouse you and another user are attempting to change the same data. Hi Levon, See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:34:58 -0700, "Levon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >any sugestion on how to Extract Data from curupted Access >2000 Database ??? > > >the Error i get when attempting to Open > >The microsoft jet database engine s...

converting from text to numerical number
I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: 1 2 3 .... 31 row 1 row 2 row 3 Jan row 4 row 5 Feb row x Dec I would like to replace column 1 up to Jan to 1. Replace the cell below Jan to Feb to 2. etc. Would anyone help. Thanks in advance. You could select cells A1:A3, type a 1, then press Ctrl+Enter Select A4:A5, type a 2, and press Ctrl+Enter And so on, till all twelve months are done. james wrote: > I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: > > 1 2 3 .... 31 &...

Outlook 2000 unable to use apply
Recently, our Exchange Server 5.5 crashed. We restored all the mailboxes using exmerge. The only problem we are running into now is a few clients cannot apply any changes they make. The apply button is gray. The user in question has local admin rights. Help! ...

Two Outlook 2000 boxes merge to one
Hi: User A: Left the Company Several weeks Ago. User B: Used User "A" email box until she got hired on a Perm basis. Issue: User B now has her own inbox but would like to have all of the 1500 hundred emails and folders in USER "A" in box transferred to her new in box. OBvioulsy she could simply forward these emails to her own box BUT I wanna know if there is another way to get the present info from USEr "A" inbox to transferred USer "B" in box? Can the two in boxes some how merge? Once this "merge" has taken place USER A in box ...

MS Outlook 2002 Running in Windows 98
I just changed to a new ISP. The ISP walked me through setting up an email account for their site. I no longer have a send button. I also can't see Send/Receive under Tools. I have looked and looked to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Abby Abby, Try resetting your toolbars to the default settings. Note that you will lose any customizations you've made to them, but I think it will let you get your "Send/Receive" button and menu item back. -- Regards, Chris Burnham Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

installing Windows Server SP2 onto SBS 2003 SP1
I have SBS 2003 SP1. I have been keeping up with all the windows updates for this machine and would like to update the machine to SP2. I had heard that if you try to update the SBS 2003 SP1 server to SP2, you need to unload a lot of the updates issued after the SP2 was submitted. Is this true? Hi Carl, This hasn't been my experience. And there is no SBS 2003 SP2. It's Windows 2003 SP2 installed on top of SBS 2003 SP1 (which already has Win2003 SP1 installed). Run the SBS 2003 BPA prior to the install of Win2003 SP2 to make sure you don't have an issues ...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.4.8 for Windows/Linux/Unix released
Download page: http://rapidshare.com/files/118192521/NewsMaestro_4.4.8_Src.zip (Hit Free button to download. For some download managers you need to open the .html file it downloaded to do actual download.) * Documentation update. * Bug fix in Archive 2 HTML generator while doing ReChapter. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFCs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed. As an automated tool to do anything you...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

Can I download embedded midi file in XP ?
Hi, I am using IE7 with XP. Would it be possible to download an embedded midi file from a web site? The source code is something like: if(ap_name=='Netscape') { document.write('<embed src="/data/midi/music/ss100.mid" autostart =true hidden=true loop=2') } else { document.write('<bgsound src="/data/midi/music/ss100.mid" autostart =true hidden=true loop=2') Thanks Patrick wrote: > Hi, > > I am using IE7 with XP. > > Would it be possible to download an embedded midi fil...

Converting a number to Hour & Min format
I am attempting to take a basic number, say 2000, and convert the number into an hour and minute format (i.e. 33:33) only. Everytime I use the custom format tab or the time/date tab I get a date included or an AM/PM setting. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, For any number to be converted into time format you need to divide tha number by 24, since Excel time code is 24 (hr) code. then you forma the divided answer (83.33) into time, you will get 8:00 regards sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm In article <...