converting minus quantities to plus

I download my bank statements and store them in Excel. the bank has the
annoying habit of displaying debit items as minus quantities with a minus
sign attached. this makes it awkward for manipulating the figures
afterwards. I've tried displaying them in red but they are still shown with
a minus in the bar at the top.is there a way of mass converting this row of
minus figures into ones without the minus sign? I know there is probably a
simple way of doing this but I can't figure it out.i have Windows XP Home
Edition.

thanks

Paul

0
paulzbenn (1)

did you try formatting the row
highlight your range
right click mouse
select format cells
numbers
select the format you want
ok

If you want to actually change the negative values to positive (as opposed to
just displaying them as such), type a -1 in some random cell and copy it.
Then select your debit items and Edit > Paste Special, select Values and
Multiply then click OK.

"Paul Bennett" wrote:

> I download my bank statements and store them in Excel. the bank has the
> annoying habit of displaying debit items as minus quantities with a minus
> sign attached. this makes it awkward for manipulating the figures
> afterwards. I've tried displaying them in red but they are still shown with
> a minus in the bar at the top.is there a way of mass converting this row of
> minus figures into ones without the minus sign? I know there is probably a
> simple way of doing this but I can't figure it out.i have Windows XP Home
> Edition.
>
> thanks
>
> Paul

The easiest way if you have excel 2002 onwards is to select the range, do
data>text to column, click next twice and select advanced, make sure
trailing minus for negative numbers is checked and then click OK twice

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Paul Bennett" <paulzbenn@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I download my bank statements and store them in Excel. the bank has the
>annoying habit of displaying debit items as minus quantities with a minus
>sign attached. this makes it awkward for manipulating the figures
>afterwards. I've tried displaying them in red but they are still shown with
>a minus in the bar at the top.is there a way of mass converting this row of
>minus figures into ones without the minus sign? I know there is probably a
>simple way of doing this but I can't figure it out.i have Windows XP Home
>Edition.
>
> thanks
>
> Paul

0
terre081 (3244)
11/13/2005 5:44:16 PM
Insert a helper column with the formula =a1*-1

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

> "Paul Bennett" wrote:
>
>> I download my bank statements and store them in Excel. the bank has the
>> annoying habit of displaying debit items as minus quantities with a minus
>> sign attached. this makes it awkward for manipulating the figures
>> afterwards. I've tried displaying them in red but they are still shown
>> with
>> a minus in the bar at the top.is there a way of mass converting this row
>> of
>> minus figures into ones without the minus sign? I know there is probably
>> simple way of doing this but I can't figure it out.i have Windows XP Home
>> Edition.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Paul

0
Bill

can not find graphic convert for Publisher 2000
- some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not draw up photos. States that need Graphic Converter. No sign of them on MS site. Have cleared PC of all old publisher but still no luck in using it again. It still states can not convert picture Martyn Long Hi Martyn Long (Martyn Long@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || - some of these convereters maybe missing. If so where do I find || new grahic converters Although reinstalled Publisher 2000 will not || draw up photos. States ...

convert or open .pub file
I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I do not have publisher, any ideas on how to open it, and readers that I can download. No trial is offered for this program to download? I tried acrobat distiller (microsoft said it would work) but it dosent work thank corey corey wrote: > I have recieved a file with a .pub extention. I > do not have publisher, any ideas on how to > open it, and readers that I can download. ================================= Best bet would be open it in the Publisher version that created it. There are no Publisher viewers. Here's some info you ma...

Should We convert to Access 2007
Hello, We have several complex applications developed in Access 2003 by various outside consultants. These applications link to a variety of Oracle tables and are used only for Access reports. User level security is also built in via the mdw workgroup file for all applications. I've been asked to research how viable it is to convert all of these applications to Access 2007. I understand 2007 discontinued user level security via the mdw file. On one hand, I see that Microsoft advises NOT to convert to 2007 if you need user level security: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA10...

Using Access 2003 convert numeric month to text for reports
Hello everyone, Looking for a way to create a report using data that has dates formated as 01/01/2003 ( basically mm/dd/yyyy ) but want to display on the report sorted under categories ( using a query to sort the categories ) but printed out as long version of the month. January 2005 etc. Thanks for the help. You can place a text box on the report based on the date column (call the text box txtMonth or some such). the text box can be formatted as: =(Format([DateCollum],"MMMM, YYYY")) the above would show January, 2005 for today's date.... -- ...

how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "do. #3
how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "dollar"? Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html >-----Original Message----- >how to Converts a number to english text and adds a suffix of "dollar"? >. > ...

string converting problem
hello , how can i converter a CString to a HTTP like string. e.g ( "http://test 1.com/" to "http://test%201.com/" ) also a replacement of any letters ? must i did self ? and how can i convert i back ? many many question... regards Jan Drop "Jan Drop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBA2114C-D54B-4FB9-97E2-98AFE5937E29@microsoft.com... > hello , > > how can i converter a CString to a HTTP like string. e.g ( "http://test 1.com/" to "http://test%201.com/" ) > also a replacement of any letters ? m...

X-Axis When Y-Axis has Plus and Minus Values.
When an X-Axis has a Y-Axis w/ Plus and Minus Values, the Values for the X-Axis appear at the "Mid-point" (Value of Zero) on the Chart. Can It appear at the bottom of the Chart...where the "largest Negative Value" is??? TIA - Bob Bob, Yes, double-click on the category axis (the X-Axis at zero). In the Format Axis Dialog box, go to "Tick-mark Labels" - "Low". -- John "Bob Barnes" wrote: > When an X-Axis has a Y-Axis w/ Plus and Minus Values, > the Values for the X-Axis appear at the "Mid-point" (Value of Zero) on th...

Convert Date to MM/DD/YYYY Format
I have a field named [DOS Collection Date] and the Data is currently stored as 2009-01-06. I would like to convert it to 06-01-2009. I have tried [DOS Collection Date] = CONVERT(VARCHAR, [DOS Collection Date],101) but it isn't working. Does anyone know how to do this? I am using SQL 2008 Express Addition. -- Brian Conner Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Sorry I meant to say I would like to convert from format 2009-01-06 to 01-06- 2009 Brian Conner wrote: >I have a field named [DOS Collection Date] and the Data is currently stored >as 2009-01-06....

HTML is being converted to text in outlook messages
I have a mixed environment of Exchange 2k3 SP2, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. Currently, the Ex5.5 server is acting as the bridgehead, so all inbound/outbound mail passes through the IMC on that box. My problem is with HTML content within emails. I recieve the messages ok (they are displayed as HTML), but when I forward them, the email loses the HTML content, and displays it in plain text. I have checked the "HTML" box setting in the IMC on the Ex5.5 bridghead server. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be enabled? Any help is appreciated. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:20:31 -080...

Convert pub files to word doc.
Hello I am tryign to have a visibly challenge worker who needs to read a converted publisher file. When the pub file is saves as a word file in .doc or .rft format, there are some inbuild MS text that appears. I have attached an example below. ========================================= Year 7 Study Visit 2004 This story can fit 150-200 words. One benefit of using your newsletter as a promotional tool is that you can reuse content from other marketing materials, such as press releases, market studies, and reports. While your main g...

Reinstall Money Plus problems

switching investment charts in microsoft money plus deluxe
I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 As in Money 2004 clicking on a listed investment on the Home tab goes directly to a price chart. In the earlier program I could switch quickly between investment charts using a drop down list on the chart page. In money plus deluxe 17.0 I have to go back to Home first or the Portfolio tab. Can I make this work as before? Thanks for any help. "Dave K" <p_sellars-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message news:eqMaGmEcIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 > > As...

Converted Database properties
Hi, I've converted an old Access 2.0 database to the 2002 (XP) format. It contains several reports. The problem I have is when trying to print some of them. A few are re-directed to an old printer on a network. The print dialog box shows the correct printer (default windows printer), however the "ToolTip" text shows the name of the wrong printer when I drag the mouse over those reports. I've looked at the properties page and in the code for all the forms, and found no reference to a printer name, path or even an IP adress. How was that printer assigned to those reports ? Any...

60% Discount on Convert into XML
Do you need of data format that can use for your content management system? Are you looking for converting your precise data into XML at affordable rates? Need a huge discount on your XML conversion requirements? Then you are at right place. XML Conversion Services help you to store, search and retrieve digital versions of any data. With having 17 years of experience, we provide 99.98% accurate XML conversion solutions worldwide. We can convert your important data from electronic formats to XML such as: =95 Convert HTML to XML =95 Convert PDF to XML =95 Convert Word to XML =95 Convert RTF/T...

MONEY PLUS doesn't seem to support my medical bill reconciliation?
A member of family was injured in a motorcycle accident with extensive medical bills and I am overwhelmed trying to keep track of a few hundreds lines in Excel to track. Medical bills are never simple straightforward transaction, with writeoffs, partial payments, resubmissions, etc. Any suggestions on how to get MONEY PLUS to support Medical Billing - or does another software such as Quicken, etc support this process better? -- Christy It supports it to the extent you can model it. But it doesn't provide any dedicated wizards, etc. There are ways you could model it with suspense ...

Change the quantity
Hi All, I'm just trying to change quantity of selected item on POS I tried fallowing: Set Entry = QSRules.Transaction.Entries(QSRules.Transaction.CurrentEntryKey) Entry.Quantity = 5 //Not working because its only value to read As QSRules.Transaction.Entries.Add , adding the item, I presume that there should be something like QSRules.Transaction.Entries.SetQuantity but I can't find anything. Would you help. Thanks, Arthur ...

quantities on order by Item by store from HQ
We are currently on 1.20157 of RMS. I have 5 locations on Store operations and HQ. We need to be able to see quaintly on order by store, by item. Currently RMS lets you see the total on order for an item, but not how much is on order for each location. Is it possible to get this information? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Convert number to text and add comma separator for thousands
I have a Text Box in a User Form that I am creating. The Text Box's value is set to a number without decimals. For example: Dim rents As Long rents = 4102 rentsTxtBox.Value = rents So when the number passes to the Text Box, I want it to display like this: 4,102. Basically, is there an vba function for excel that converts a number to a string and then adds the comma separator for thousands? If not what code would I use to do this? Thanks. rentsTxtBox.Value = Format(rents,"#,##0") -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "prahz" <ptho...

How do I convert a Publisher file to a color TIFF file?
I can only get it to convert my file into a grayscale TIFF file. In the end I need it to be a jpeg file, but I thought if I could get it to a TIFF file, then I could do the TIFF to jpeg conversion through Photoshop. jkpurdie wrote: > I can only get it to convert my file into a grayscale TIFF file. In the end I > need it to be a jpeg file, but I thought if I could get it to a TIFF file, > then I could do the TIFF to jpeg conversion through Photoshop. a) How are you converting to a TIFF file? File > Save As...? b) What version of Publisher are you using? c) Why do you need to g...

What is best way to install Money Plus preminum 2008
Hello All: Since my Money 2006 is due to expire, I just purchased the 2008 plus premium on line. Have already downloaded it with no problem. My questions before proceeding with installation: Do I have to un-install 2006 first ? Or will the new version upgrade the old one? Could I install 2008 in a separate directory and keep the old one in order to try it out with my existing data file? Any other advise regarding pre-installation steps will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Once 2008 has upgraded your .mny file it cannot be read by 2006. Unless you want to go through the hassle of keepi...

Money Plus Home & Business Emailing invoices
The generated invoices you get are very nice, but, when you email them they go as text and look pretty nasty. Does anyone know how to send them as other then text in order to get the nice look? Perhaps PDF? Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Caje wrote: >The generated invoices you get are very nice, but, when you email them they >go as text and look pretty nasty. Does anyone know how to send them as other >then text in order to get the nice look? Perhaps PDF? Any ideas? You could create a PDF by File->Print to a software printer that generates a PDF file. PDF995 and Cut...

Converting C++ Props
Is there a easy way to convert properties from C++? Here is the code I am working with: PROP rgprop [ipropMax] = { actnByte, propChp, offsetof(CHP, fBold), // ipropBold actnByte, propChp, offsetof(CHP, fItalic), // ipropItalic actnByte, propChp, offsetof(CHP, fUnderline), // ipropUnderline actnWord, propPap, offsetof(PAP, xaLeft), // ipropLeftInd actnWord, propPap, offsetof(PAP, xaRight), // ipropRightInd actnWord, propPap, offsetof(PAP, xaFirst), // ipropFirstInd actnWord, propSep, offsetof(SEP...

E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter
Easy-To-Use, High-Quality Program, Quickly converts PowerPoint to video, audio and images, such as avi, flv, 3gp, swf, mkv, mpeg2 ts, DVD, mp4, mov, mp3...Support input ppt, pps, pptx, ppsx files. E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter is an all-in-one PowerPoint to video converter. It can convert PowerPoint presentations to almost all popular video formats such as AVI, MPEG, MPEG2 TS, MP4, WMV, 3GP, GIF, FLV, SWF, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264/PSP AVC Video, MOV, Youtube FLV with excellent quality. you could easily convert PowerPoint presentations to play on your iPod, PSP, Zune, 3GP mobile phone(...

Negative Allocated Quantity in Item Quantity Window
Could anyone explain how the Item Allocated Quantity results in Negative. This is always happening in the item when the item is used in Sales Order Processing and the Sute Location has insufficient stock on hand. This is causing grief as the Quantity/Site window is used to identify availability of Saleable Items and the calculation of quantity available is always affected e.g Onhand is 10 Allocatd quantity is -5 and Available quantity is 15 resulting also to error when Purchase Order is Generated using Purchase Order Enhancement in GP. Thanks esage esage, Please refer to KB article ...

how to convert to metric system in visio 2003?
how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:00:00 -0800, alsari <alsari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? Don't be reluctant to tell us what you want to do. We can only guess otherwise. Do you want to use metric rather that imperial measurement templates and stencils? Do you want to convert current diagrams to metric? Do you just want to show measurements in metric units? Metric templates and stencils may not have been installed on your system. Use menu Tools -> Options to set the default measurement t...