Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format

Hello
How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00?
--
Emma
0

Emma

A1/24 and formate as time

Mike Rogers

"Emma" wrote:

> Hello
> How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00?
> --
> Emma

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

How do I change the category axis number formatting in a Pivot Ch.
I have created a Pivot Chart from Excel data (Excel 2000) and I need to figure out how to change the category axis number formatting. Currently, the dates in the chart are showing up in long form (01/01/2005) and I would like to change this to something shorter like 1/01. I changed the formatting of the data in the original raw data and then in the Pivot Table, but neither of these seemed to change the Pivot Chart formatting. When I right click on the category axis, I do not get the option the change the number formatting (I do for the value axis however). ...

Custum Cell Format
I have an array formula which automatically summarizes all available values of a certain column, in ascending order. The summary is fixed to a maximum of 8 cells and in many cases it uses less than the available 8 columns. Is it possible to format the cells by showing a 0 when the result/cell is empty In other cells in the sheet the cells show empty instead of a zero by using the custom format of 0;-0;"" Now I want an empty cell to show 0 Thanks, W -- willemeulen Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands) ----------------------------------------...

Date and Time setup
I work at a 24 hour job we take readings every hour. I want to have the date autofill a cell as the current date but our sheet changes at 0700 every day. So if the sheet is worked on at 0100 the date needs to be for the past day starting at 0700, if the time for the current day changes to 0800 the cell will display the new date. ie: 0100hrs = 4/18/06 0600hrs = 4/18/06 0800hrs = 4/19/06 etc... =TODAY()-(A1<=TIME(7,0,0))*1 HTH -- AP "Joe" <jdbarnes63@earthlink.net> a �crit dans le message de news:28db731403ef4144bf9b3800591a428e@ureader.com... > I work at a 24 ho...

adding number only if CDN is displayed in next cell
I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the column besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. Thanks for your help. Use SUMIF() See HELP for details -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B61595A-17DD-4254-A46F-A8D26BF0D9AB@microsoft.com... >I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the >column > besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. > > How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. > > Thanks for y...

Document Map Format Issue
I have a large document that has about 230 pages in it. As I built the document I would use the document map pane to help manage the document. As the document grew in size, I started to have problems with Document Map. If the Doc Map window was open when I attempted to open the my document, the document map would not contain the proper information with respect to my headings. All text in the doc map window is left justtified and it appears to be randomly including test in the document map that are not designated header styles. If I closed the doc map window then closed word, ...

Ugly Macro
Okay I get price lists from manufacturers and need to turn them into a standard format. The general formatting I have a macro for, column widths, formats, alignments, text sizes yada yada yada... But here are a few extras that I would REALLY like to have in the macro. 1) I would like the macro to insert 999999 into column C whenever there is a part number in column A. 2) I would like the macro to check column h for anything other than a number (column h is for prices and sometimes they put POA or NA, i cant have this) and when it find something that isnt a number put "Error in H"...

Converting access report to pdf format
hi I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for my clients. Once each report is done, I run a program called pdfWriter to convert each report to a pdf file. (When this program is installed, I select the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.) Then I e-mail these pdf reports to the clients. What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access. Can this be done? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. Any clues would be grea...

Cell formatting behaviour question
Hey guys, I have 2 related cases that I dont understand how to get Excel formatting to work: 1. If I imported or copied rows of data (numerical) from another file (Word or Access) into Excel, the data is presented as raw numbers in each cell. Now I apply a formatting (i.e. I want comma separation for thousands, etc.) and it will not show up. However, if i then double-click inside a cell (as if to edit the contents directly), then hit enter the formatting I want shows up... but only that cell. I have hundreds of rows and I really need to force excel to display the formatting i want immediately...

How to convert 3GP to MP3
How to convert 3GP to MP3 http://www.softe.net/audio_converter/help/convert-3gp-mp3.php 3GP is a file format which is used in mobile phones to store media (audio/ video). This file format is a simpler version of "ISO 14496-1 Media Format". Audio is stored in AMR-NB or AAC-LC formats. When you recorded videos in 3GP format on your 3G mobile phone, you probably want them to be converted to popular MP3 files. Follow the steps below to convert 3GP files to MP3. Converting 3GP to MP3 using Eufony 3GP MP3 Converter http://www.softe.net/audio_converter/ 1. After launch E...

Display Quote Number on Order
Hello, I am trying to display the field named quotenumber on the Order form. I see that there is already a field mapped from Quote.quotenumber to SalesOrder.quoteidname. However, when I go into system customization, I cannot choose to view the quoteidname field in the form. Is this a bug or by design? By design. When the quoteid field is added to the screen, it will actually show the name of the quote. That's about the closest you will be able to get in terms of displaying data from the Quote. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- --------------------...

Time Formula #3
I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to figure out the number of hours from the start of one time to the end of the other time. What formula do I use? The formula is =[cell showing 5:30 PM]-[cell showing 8:30 AM]. Format the answer as 0.00 and the formula will show hours and fractions thereof (e.g. 4 1/2 hours will show as 4.50). "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3db001c4a662$2dd276b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a two times (ex 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM) I want to > figure out the number of hours from the start of one time...

number formatting #3
Hi, I would like to get some expert help:) I would like to eliminate any unnecessery 0 from numbers. e.g.: instead of 0.00347 i want to se 3.47 How can I form the cell to get this form? ( without any multiplying ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com <"( without any multiplying)"> How about dividing ? =A1/0.001 <bg> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may b...

BP Project Time and and Expense should have a settings page.
Currently in Project Time and Expense, the administrator must use SQL to manipulate PTE settings. A quick look at the PTE admin guide shows the following settings are controlled by manually altering the PmaTimesheetConfig or PmaExpenseConfig tables: 1. Displaying Department, Position, or Pay Code fields in the Task Detail dialog 2. Configuring whether to display a confirmation message when users delete line items on timesheets or expense reports 3. Enabling action notes so users can provide additional information on timesheets or expense reports It seems like we should have a...

Cell border format.
When I say no border for a cell I still see a light grey line in some places at the cell border. What is that and how do I get rid of it? Thanks, Mike Mike I suspect it's the grid lines. Select Tools | Options | View tab and unselect Grid lines Regards Trevor "Mike Klick" <mike@grayce.net> wrote in message news:OAKAzrv9DHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When I say no border for a cell I still see a light grey line in some places > at the cell border. What is that and how do I get rid of it? > > Thanks, > > Mike > > You can also add a bu...

Converting a formula to a set value
I would like to export some figures that are calculations into another file, but have only the fixed values (i.e. eliminate the forumlas) when I export the data. How is this done? S. Rosenthal napsal(a): > I would like to export some figures that are calculations > into another file, but have only the fixed values (i.e. > eliminate the forumlas) when I export the data. How is > this done? Select cells, copy them and select the target. Use right mouse button and choose Paste special - Values. That's all. Marian Use Copy/Paste Special [Values]. David Hager Excel ...

Microsoft RMS vs Retail Pro & Web Store
What can you tell me about the positives and negatives between RMS Dynamics and Retail Pro? I would also like to integrate a webstore and need the best overall solution. I don't want the problematic broken down software (cheapest) and I can't afford a new Benz if you know what I mean. Any promotions or ways to get a good deal on quality point of sale software with selling on the web? Jason On Mar 3, 9:49=A0am, CP <chicagoprotect...@yahoo.com> wrote: > What can you tell me about the positives and negatives betweenRMS > Dynamics andRetailPro? I would also like to integrat...

convert text "20100315" to date format
Hi, I have some data exported from a system, the date is a text displayed as "20100315" which should read yyyymmdd. I need to convert this text to another date format showing mm/dd/yyyy in text for importing into another system. As the text format yyyymmdd does not contain any "/" or "-" so using text to column will be a difficulty. Please advise how could I handle this. Thanks a lot. Best Regards, Terry =TEXT(DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2)),"mm-dd-yyyy") and copy paste special-values. -- Regards Dave Hawle...

Excel auto format
Is there a way to make changes to the canned auto formats in Excel 2002? I am working with pivot tables and want to change or create an auto format. Not that I am aware of. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Joe Mathis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15A07D39-E8DC-4BE1-A391-8D2253592E4E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make changes to the canned auto formats in Excel 2002? I am working with pivot tables and want to change or create an auto format. ...

formatting pivot chart bar colour
Hello all, I am trying to create a timeline that shows cycle times of a machin in graphical form. At present I have the table set out as below, I then create a pivo chart showing the seperate processes stacked giving a total time. When the process number is the same (say load) I would like all part of the stack that are procees 1 to be the same colour, at the momen all the different processes show a different colour. I know you can change them individually but I may have hundreds o charts to do and would only be feasible if the colours were automati according to say the process number. ste...

Undefined function 'Format$' in expression.
Dear all, I've converted my db from 97 to 2k. When I tried to run a Query, above mentioned message pops up. It seems like there's no such function of Formst$ (change date format) in Access2k? Or it's about conversion error? Also, I can view my VB codes after conversion. Appreciate someone to help. Thanks. Hi Mike, This normally means something has gone with references in the VBA project. See http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/AccessReferenceErrors.html for details and how to fix it. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 03:24:26 -0700, "Mike Oh" <mike_oh@memwire.com> ...

Information store #6
Hi We're dealing with a huge problem, because on our company Exchange 2000 'Microsoft Exchange Information Store service' is stopping unexpectetly. All errors that we see in system log is : The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. It's strange because when I start 'MS Information store service' it is starteg without any problems, but then after a few minutes it is stopped again with the same error reported in system log. Tha...

Unwanted formating (excel 2000)
We have to import a file (CSV) where data in a column is in "999:99" or "99:99" format. For unknown to me reason the built in logic treats that data as Time and Excel converts some data in this column into wrong format. For example 23:25 will stays 23:25 25:00 will be converted into 25:00:00 120:00 will be converted into 120:00:00 When I format column as text 23:25 will be converted into 0.975695 25:00 will be converted into 1.041667 120:00 will be converted into 5 How can I disable this madness? Thanks MH If you rename your .csv file to .txt, then when you open th...

Merging 2 columns into 1 and converting to other cases?
Hi there, A few questions: 1) how to convert a column [or row] of data into upper case? 2) how to merge two columns of names into 1 column where a space separates the two names 3) how to convert the names in a column to mixed case, that is, the first letter of a name is in upper case, the remainder lower-case? Hmm how to work with names like McCain or O'Hanlon, or Smith-Jones? Would a book like 'excel for dunmmies' help here, or please recommend your gav book. Thanks for the assist. I hope I can help others soon too! -- GottaRun ------------------------------------------...