Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003

Hi There,

I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m
using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to
choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)"
or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook
(*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks.

Thank for your prompt response.

Wayne
0
anonymous (74722)

You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as
microsoft excel workbook.xls

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m
> using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to
> choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)"
> or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook
> (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks.
>
> Thank for your prompt response.
>
> Wayne

0
Don
9/8/2004 3:17:24 PM
Wayne

No conversion is necessary.  Format is the same from 97 through 2003.

With Excel 2003 in use just open the files and Save.  Microsoft Excel Workbook
will be the default.

Do not save as multi-versions.  The file-size will be much larger.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:01:59 -0700, "Wayne"

>Hi There,
>
>I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m
>using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to
>choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)"
>or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook
>(*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks.
>
>Thank for your prompt response.
>
>Wayne

0
Gord

Outlook 2003 pst file not readable by Outlook 2000!
Hello Don't know if I was doing something wrong but I copied a pst file from Outlook 2003 to a machine running Outlook 2000 and it complained that data file was not compatible or something. Is this normal for newer version pst files to not be compatible with earlier version Outlook? Angus Of course. That's been exhaustively documented. If you want to create a PST file that will be backwards compatible in Outlook 2003, you must do so expressly. File > New > Outlook Data File > Outlook 97-2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Angus Comber" <nospam@gmail.com&...

Excel Crashes Repeatedly
I have a Monte Carlo analysis that runs on my Excel 97 and as desired will run for as many hours as I allow it. It's a bunch of spreadsheet code that's tied together by a fairly simple VBA macro to plug semi-random numbers into the spreadsheet and monitor the results. If Excel is the only program active, then all is well and it will run to conclusion in 10 hours or so. However when something else is running such as a browser, e-mail, screen saver, etc., it will regularly lock up Excel and XP reports it as "program not responding". Closing Excel is the only answer. ...

Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Groups
Hello, I am running Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. I am attempting to restore from Netbackup a copy of one of our Exchange DBs to mount in my Recovery Storage Group. Anyone else have a similar setup that can shed some light on how to do this? My initial idea was to restore the priv.edb and priv.stm files and manually mount them in the Recovery storage group, but I have seen other posts mentioning restoring straight to the Recovery Storage Group. Documentation for Netbackup doesn't say specifically how to do this. I wouldn't mind doing this manually...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...

2003 Money (Can I -) question
Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop down fields used to create new recurring bill under [Bills & Deposits]? For example; [Write Check] is the default in the payment method. I want it to be [Print Check]. [Monthly] is default for the frequency and I want [Only Once]. I would like to be able to set my most used selections as defaults. Thanks - Andy Nope. "Andy" <a1cotton@knology.net> wrote in message news:079b01c392c3$6cfe0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop > down fields used to create new...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

How do you define variables in excel?
I am setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of my students. I want to use excel if possible to keep track of lates, left early, attendance, etc, as my grades are kept there already. I was wondering if you can assign values to variables to accomplish this and how to define them. Thanks Why do you want to assign to variables, why not just use worksheet cells? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "BigRon" <BigRon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D246057F-E2D9-474F-85A2-A31440E48142@microsoft.com... > I am setting up a s...

Excel 2003 #5
Hi all Got a silly problem. MS Excel 2003 Professional via MS partner pack (aka Action Pack) Start Excel as normal, no problem, clik on FILE on the menu bar and Excel stops responding. ALL other menu items work correctly. I've un-installed and re-installed the software, no change. Excel WILL run in safe mode however. Any ideas anyone please. Thanks in anticipation, Adrian. PS I have an HP psc1215 attached and have noticed some mention of issues with their 'Share-to-web' rubbish that comes supplied (now un-installed) ...

VBA turing up on the web...excel transfer...
Ok, here's the deal! I want to take my database/spreadsheet from excel and place it on the web with interactivity - I have done this so far.....what the problem is: I have macros in VBA programing that is not going with the excel pages onto the web...why? Is this going to be easier if I start from scratch in FrontPage to be able to control this program fully? Please help...I can't find anyone that knows....:-( ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** ...

ClearQuest 2003 and Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2003
Hi,all I have used IBM Rational ClearQuest 2003 for years, which use Collaboration Data Objects in outlook 2003 to send mail with exchange server 2003. In Outlook 2003, I configed a Default Security Settings form in Exchange Server 2003 to disable mail send prompt when ClearQuest sending mail. And this worked fine for years. Last week , I update one client from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, It can't work :( It's no mail sented , no promt find. Anyone can help me ? T.I.A Log: [5416] *** Started OAdSession 181C598 [5416] *** Built OAdSession 181C598 for Client One(PRIVAT...

Banned extensions
Hello, I was wondering if someone could point me to the reg hack that will allow "banned" file extensions for Outlook 2003. The reg hack that works for previous versions does not work. Thanks.. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Jeff M." <spook_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:k81590d71n58o9q51eoio6p9vhbaa9bbi6@4ax.com... > Hello, > I was wondering if someone could point me to the reg hack that > will allow "banned" file extensions for Outlook 2003. The reg hack > that works for previous versions does not work. > ...

Splitting 2007 for use on 2003
I split my database on a personal laptop running 2007. now I need to put the be on a network drive (with runtime) that I cannot hook the laptop to.. I tried to save as 2003 format, so I could split it on a networked computer, but many forms etc didn't work. I read the post from "Lateral" and the response(s). "The code to re-link tables can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm And, the code to popup the file browse dialog can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm So, between the two above routines, in a short time you can c...

Outlook 2003 & Office 2000 together
Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other programs. One of my users, bless him, inists on using the "the Genius" office assistant, this is not available as standard on Outlook 2003 and clashes with the other Office programs. Is there a fix where i get The Genius to work with Outlook 2003? D David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 > on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other > programs. One of my users...

Using labels in EXCEL 2007
I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" Anyone know how? Thanks "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F98982B9-75BD-4A9D-85AD-2C28BC9408EA@microsoft.com... >I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. > I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" > Anyone know how? > Thanks You ask "Anyone know how" Of course someone here knows how! I don't have your answer, b...

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

Access 2003 Command-line /WRKGRP Not Working
Even though I have created a workgroup for each of my databases, trying to use the command-line /WRKGRP option does not seem to work. Whichever workgroup I use the "Join..." button for is not replaced when I call up another database using the following command structure: "[path_to]\MSACCESS.EXE" "[path_to]\mydb.mdb" /WRKGRP "[path_to]mydb.mdw" The only way I can change the workgroup is through the menu. That is NOT the solution I need as users ARE NOT going to do this each time they change to another database. The reason I need seperate workgroups ...

How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel?
How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Hi Select your first row and then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the others. HTH Michael "Varun" wrote: > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? "Varun" <Varun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Just another angle to the post's interp .. (with emphasis on "randomly") Here's an example set-up to play with .. Assume we have 6 rows of data below in Sheet1's A1:C6: Data1 Text1 Desc1 Data2 Text2 Desc2 Data3 Text...

Publisher 2003 Installation
We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. Can we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do we need to buy two copies of the program? Two copies. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "John" <dg4b@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:28722BAD-C90B-42F1-9538-306BCD7CB637@microsoft.com... > We are wanting to upgrade our existing Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. > Can > we install Publisher 2003 on two seperate computers within our home or do > we > need to buy two copies of the program? JoAnn ...

How do I combine 2 text columns in Microsoft Excel?
I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to combine the text values to create one complete sentence in one column. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Try: =A5&" "&B5 if you want spaces between the columns or look at the CONCATENATE function example =CONCATENATE(A5,B5) Domaniman wrote: > I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the > first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to ...

Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells.
Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells. More details ... -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "emeraldc" wrote: > Excel keeps changing my formulas to include nearby cells. ...

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

migration Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I run in my domain as domain controller w2k3, and as a mail server exch5.5 on a w2k machine. I have a week ago exchange 2003 installed. 1. Active Directory Connection is OK 2. i can send mails trough this mail servers.. (i can see the users of exch5.5 in my mail server exch2003) but as a next step, i want to disable the mail server 5.5... what do i have to do? 1. I have to move the mailboxes, but HOW? 2. Do I have to change the server names in OUTLOOK (exchange 5.5 users) can you please help me? See the links for further information regarding decommissioning Exchange 5.5, answers to you ...

Excel Formula Help
I need to create a spreadsheet to calculate my weekly payroll. The timecards are punched in a timeclock which prints out the in and out times. for example, in at 7:30 am out at 5:00 pm. It also gives me a running total of the number of hours accumulated. I want to take the total number of hours and minutes and convert that to a decimal. If an employee has 32:35 minutes total time accumulated, then using a formula in an excel spreadsheet, I want to see these hours in decimal format, i.e., 32.58 Anyone know how to help me do this? Thanks! might want to try microsoft.public.excel Mat...

Exchange 2003 Server
I have got an Exchange 2003 server up and running over this past weekend. My old 2000 Exchange server is still around also. What I am noticing is that when I am on the 2003 server I don't see all the options like I do on the 2000 server. When I am in the protocols on the 2003 server, I see my default virtual server for POP3 but nothing under SMTP, but I do see it when I am on the 2K server. The same goes for my connectors. I see them on the 2000 server but not on the 2003. any ideas? You should see SMTP under protocols and you should see the connectors folder under routing grou...

Web link to Excel file
I'm trying to link to an Excel 97 file from a ColdFusion web page. The first time I click the link, the file opens fine in the browser (I.E. 5.5). If I close the file and click the link again, I get a message stating 'filename.xls is currently being modified by "my user name here". Open as read only?'. I can still open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, because I'm not making any modifications. I've had other people try this link, and they get the same thing, except it tells them that they're the one modifying the fi...