conditional formatting in excel #3

how do you add a phrase to a field if the filed is blankl, also, can you have
a notifiction sent to you when a date on a spreadsheet has expired?
0
spotlight (1)

> how do you add a phrase to a field if the filed is blankl,

What "phrase" do you mean? A Comment? A value?

also, can you have
> a notifiction sent to you when a date on a spreadsheet has expired?
Maybe you can apply an open event (date to be tested being say in F1):

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    If Range("F1") < Date Then
        MsgBox "Date expired"
    End If
End Sub

Regards,
Stefi

0
Stefi (275)

conditional formatting
I want to format column I (highlight cell) under the following condition the value in same row column F is > 0 and the cell in column I is empty. I have put the following code in the formula bar for conditional formatting and I'm getting an error. How do I fix the problem? First I select column I, and then I select conditional formatting. Then I change "cell value is" to "formula" and enter the following in the formula box. =F1>0 and I1 = "" When I click OK, I get an error. What is the error? Place the cursor in I1 cell and pres...

Custom fields in Gantt chart formats in PWA
All, How do I add custom fields to Gantt chart formats in PWA? Also, how can i setup and use the "Custom Durations 1-10" available in the Gantt chart formats? Any help appreciated!!! -- Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Prasanna -- The answer to both questions is "You can't." You cannot add custom fields to the list of fields for Gantt Chart formats. Nor have I ever found a way to use the Custom Durations 1-10 available for Gantt Chart formats. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.ms...

Why does 26000 display as 260.00 after formatting for numbers
Although the cells have been formatted for numbers, entries are displayed as one hundredth of the keyed in number. How do I get the displayed number to be exactly as keyed in? Go to Tools>Options>Edit and see if the Fixed decimal box is checked. If so, uncheck it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "shiv" <shiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB481D72-1E69-4143-B0D6-E1F57E6908F9@microsoft.com... > Although the cells have been formatted for numbers, entries are displayed as > one hundredth of the keyed in numb...

Pivot Table not valid error message when formatting data 'button'.
Created Pivot table/chart, password-protected and put onto website (ie NOt saved file as Web Page). Click on link, get warning message concerning macros and prompted for password. If attempt to change data button by rightclicking on it and selecting format - get error message 'Pivot Table not valid'. Note, accessing the file directly (ie not via the web) works perfectly Ok. PS Also get visual basic error message ' Run time error 1004 :Unable to set the default property of the Pivotitem class' VB code Sub All_Years() CP = "(All)" pf = "Year First Seen"...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

excel VBA

"Do you want to save" when Excel OPENS
I understand about the "Do you want to save" message when you close Excel, even if you didn't make any changes: Excel doesn't distinguish between real changes and the recalculation of volatile functions. But at work we've had a user claim that he gets the message when he OPENS Excel when our add-in is checked (having been checked when Excel was open before). Specifically, it asks "Do you want to save changes to Sheet 2?" I'm sure it's not our add-in as such, since no one has ever report this before. But it may be some interaction between our add-...

Visio #3
How do I print grid lines using Visio. there is an example for vba code at John Marshall's site www.mvps.org/visio/vba al "Jay" <jay.werelius2@verizon.net> wrote in message news:F08177E5-1576-4CED-A1B7-D2201AA60F5E@microsoft.com... > How do I print grid lines using Visio. Due to popular demand, Visio 2003 now gives you the option to print gridlines! Tag "Al Edlund" <edlund@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:eC49eIkrDHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > there is an example for vba code at John Marshall's site > www.mvps.org/visio/vba > &...

Excel Time Problem
I exported a file from a telephone switch reporting system as a "tab separated text" file, because when I export the data in Excel I have to deal with merged cells and other formatting problems. I have a couple of columns that have time values like 160:02:05 for logged in time, and 34:16:46 as the waiting dime� Both are time �DURATIONS� or time in a state. I used the Format, Cell, custom and [ss] to get the duration value to seconds, and I get 123406 and 576125 respectively. I then use these numbers in a calculation typically like 1338 / (576125 - 123406) and I get 219 as the an...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

Signatures #3
Hi, I have been asked to find a way to automatically insert a signature into Outlook (for all our 600 clients) The signature is a gif or jpeg file with the persons name & address ... I've been looking in Outlook so far and it seems a bit long to do it yourself, even to make a procedure for the clients they won't be able to do it! Is there anyway on an Exchange Server 2000 to automatically insert a signature into an email (Gif or jpeg or any other) ? Only problem is that the signatures are all different!! Could somebody please help me or just tell me it isn't possible!!! :-((( ...

Conditional Formula?
Hi- I need help creating a formula that sums values in a list based on the value in an adjacent cell. Please see attached screen shot. Hopefully it explains what I'm trying to do. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel help 3-10-06.gif | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4442 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- rhovey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rhovey's Profile: http://www.excelf...

excel #76
i have two different spreadsheets containing two columns, column A contains reference numbers (both sheets will have the same refernces) column B will contain the amounts which may differ on each sheet. i need to run a compare program to identify all amounts that differ between the spreadsheets for the same refernce number. for eample sheet 1 reference no amount 111 120.00 112 345.90 113 122.50 sheet 2 reference no amount 111 0.00 112 345.90 113 100.00 how can i find out the amounts and refernces...

EXCEL.exe has generated errors
For an knowned reason, the following message recently started to display when clicking on EXCEL on an Windows 2000 system. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will needed to restart the program. An error log is being created. (OK) Attempts have been made to repair, deinstall and reinstall Office 2000. However, the above message still displays with trying to bring up EXCEL. Can anyone help? This WebPage by Chip Pearson provides a good place to troubleshoot. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul --...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

how do i create a quiz using excel?
hey guys...i badly need to make a quiz using excel,,,i got no clue how to do it. the quiz will be a simple one, no drop downs and should display the scores after the quiz is taken.... please help! Andruu, What type of quiz are you looking to create? What format are the answers? Numbers? Text? One suggestion..... 1. Add questions *What is 2 x 2?* 2. Assign cells for the user to insert their answers. (format cells as text/numbers etc) *Cell: B2* 3. Either in hidden cells, or on a seperate sheet, put the correct answers 4. Assign a point value for each correct answer (can be different for ...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

What does the "E" in 5E
I am used MS EXCEL to perform a scatter plot. When the information was graph, Excel provided me with the formula 5E - 71e^0.085x. What does the "E" in 5E mean? The E is the way Excel represents 10 to the power. So 1.2E3 is 1.2X10^3 or 1200 and 1.2E-3 is 1.2 x 10^-3 or 0.0012. "College Professor" -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "College student" <College student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F20E8A3-BDC6-42E5-A5D0-508D57C40F42@microsoft.com... >I am used MS EXCEL to perform a scatte...

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

Scrolling in Excel
Please help My spreadsheet has a 'frozen' row at the top containing column headers, when I scroll down through my rows below, excel scrolls down 3 rows at a time. Now because my data in the rows below is in sections (1 section contains 5 rows) sometimes I end up viewing 2 different sections (half of one and half of the one below) at the same time. Is there anyway you can instruct excel to only jump down so many lines when you scroll down? Many thanks -- Bensum Change the mouse wheel settings in the Control Panel of the operating system you use. Bensum wrote...

excel opens under task bar
hi, I find that excel always opens under the taskbar. is there some way to 'reset' the opening position to the screen dimensions + taskbar size so it opens below ? it seems to do this on XP pro and 98 SE from time to time. thanks, kd ...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...