Conditional Formatting 11-30-09

New to this....

I have a list of dollar amounts in column A.  In column B, a 1 or 2 (yes or
no) depending on whether the bid was awarded or not.  I need to create a
running total everytime a 1 is added to column B that equals the total of the
dollar amounts next to each "1".

=SUMIF(B:B,1,A:A)
will work provided the columns have nothing else in them but the data for
this topic.
Otherwise, somethink like this with your actual ranges
=SUMIF(B1:B100,1,A1:A100)
BTW, this is not 'formatting' - that only changes the appearance of things.
You need a formula to conditionally sum a range
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New to this....
>
> I have a list of dollar amounts in column A.  In column B, a 1 or 2 (yes
> or
> no) depending on whether the bid was awarded or not.  I need to create a
> running total everytime a 1 is added to column B that equals the total of
> the
> dollar amounts next to each "1".

0
Bernard

Conditional format question
Is it possible to write a conditional format like this? "If the contents of this cell do not equal the contents of the last occupied cell in this column, format the cell in a particular way." I'm building a transaction schedule, dates in the A column, balances in the F column. As more transactions are added to the schedule, the last occupied cell in the column changes. In a cell outside the schedule, I have a check value from another source that should tie back to the last occupied cell in the row. I want that cell to have a certain format if there's a discrepancy, rathe...

Reclac Conditional Formatting
I have a template that uses conditional formatting to hide selection boxes based on certain selections that are made within the workbook (note: selection boxes are drop down lists fed by using the data vaildation function). An example of this would be...if diversity is selected in Cell A1, then I need the drop down list in cell c1 to be hidden). I can set up the conditional formatting for this with no problem...however, when a new selection is made (something ither than diversity) the conditional formatting does not update until I click in a different cell (like it not auto...

Cell Format #2
I have a PC running Excel 2002. Everytime I enter a number into a cell it shows as decimal (ex. I enter 1 it displays as 0.01). I've uninstalled and reinstalled Excel, checked the Number tab in Format Cells and the General format is showing 0.01. If I take away the decimal places, then it shows all numbers as 0. All cells in a new workbook are doing this. It's like the value entered, needs to be multiplied by 100 to show correctly. The other PCs running Excel 2002 are not doing this. Lori, Go to Tools/Options and select the 'Edit' tab. If 'Fixed Decimal'...

Outlook 2003 saved drafts lose format, subject title
I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Outlook has been working well for months. I normally use HTML as the editor. However, recently (suddenly) every time a draft is saved, it turns into text and the Subject title is lost. The Subject title appears in the list of drafts, but it is not present when I open the email to do further editing. I tried first repairing and then reinstalling, but nothing changed. Help! Thanks, Bill Edelstein Baltimore, MD ...

Easy Question...Conditional formatting?
Hopefully this should be easy for all the experts... Cells G4 thru R4 contain the text, "Act" or "For" Cells G30 thru R30 are filled/shaded in red. Cells G31 thru R30 are filled/shaded in red. Cells G32 thru R32 are filled/shaded in red. etc. etc. etc. The cells which I have shader/filled in red....and with conditioning formatting (or something else) I'd like to somehow referance cells G4 thru R4 and if these cells contain "For" then leave the shaded as in. However if these cells (G4 thru R4) contain the word "Act" I'd like to remove the ...

Creating Custom Date format Q1-2009, etc.
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP2 Hi, How do I properly create a Darte format that will display: Q1-09 Q2-09 Q3-09 Q4-09 Q1-10 Q2-10 etc.? Q is of course for Quarter so Q1-09 is Jan to Mar 2009. Thanks! ="Q"&INT((MONTH(A1)+2)/3)&TEXT(A1,"-yy") -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "stef" <notvalid@nomail.nul> wrote in message news:%23CWOvqyyIHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Excel 2002 SP3 > Win XP Pro SP2 > > Hi, > > How do I properly create a Darte format that will dis...

French version of Excel
Our users in France get the below message when they open one of our Workbooks created in US version of Excel "impossible d'ajouter davantage de formats de nombre personnalises" Translation : "Impossible to add more format of personalized numbers" Note that this workbook is created in Office 97 SP-2 and populated by a VB 6.0 SP-5 applications on a Windows 2000 server Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is stopping our French users from using our Workbook Thanks, Sid Maybe.... It kind of sounds like you're getting hit with the fact that Excel h...

formating report
Hi I am trying to print a report from my orders form on my microsoft access databaseto a POS printer (CITIZEN CT-S310), but an error message comes up, <can't print or preview the page because the page size you selected is larger than 22.75 inches>, any help on how to solve this problem please? In article <2B6EBBF6-0417-404A-8FDE-C0A1130D5B94@microsoft.com>, aermal@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi > I am trying to print a report from my orders form on my microsoft access > databaseto a POS printer (CITIZEN CT-S310), but an error message comes up, > &l...

Display file in EUC japanese format
I have several files in EUC format containing a mix of English and Japanese characters. I want to dump them into a CEdit. I have created a unicode app. I have selected "Arial Unicode MS" as the CEdit font. I have used CStdioFile to open one of the files and have used SetWindowText to display the text in the CEdit. The English characters display properly, the japanese do not. I have tried to use MultiByteToWideChar but, if that is the way to go, I can't get it to work properly. I am using an English W2K with Japanese IME installed (in case it is relevant). The conversion shou...

Add the formatting toolbar?
By accident, I must have removed the Formatting Toolbar from my toolbar choices in Outlook. It no longer shows up on the Customize option. How can I get it back? Thanks. Mark and Susie Sanders wrote: > By accident, I must have removed the Formatting Toolbar from my > toolbar choices in Outlook. It no longer shows up on the Customize > option. How can I get it back? Thanks. View | toolbars | formatting. ...

Invoice Printing Formats
When printing invoices the $ sign is omitted from the total column for individual line items and subtotal, tax, and total. How do you get into format this to show the $ sign. ...

Format
Excel 2003 Dear all I have a spreadsheet listing some items with dates and these Items need to be updated every 5 years, but I need to know when they are due 60 days beforehand. I was given the following format, but this seems to take off 60 days (off the present date). The Date in say B4 shows the day the item was "issued" in C4 it should tell me 60 days before it is due to be renewed. i.e. 5ive years minus 60 days. The formula I was given looks like this: =IF(B4-TODAY()-60,"renewal due","") B4 being the issue date TODAY = present date etc AS I have n...

work flow wait condition is not working for datetime field added to entity in MS CRM
Microsoft CRM : Does the work flow wait condition work for a customised(added) datetime field? This is not working for datetime field added to case entity? any help will be appreciated ...

RTF formated e-mail problem
I have received an e-mail that has a RTF formatted attachment and it does display the contents of this file on the preview pane just fine. But when I try to print this e-mail, all I get is a header and the rest is blank. I have tried to load the RTF document with Word 2003 but here too, all I get is blank screen. After examining this document with Notepad, I found that there seem to be proper RTF formatting but where the actual text should be is what seem to be a hex numbers. Any Ideas what the problem is? Is this related to the Security and/or document restrictions settings -- Pave...

Formatting a book layout...
I am trying write a short user guide where the left hand page will contain some 'content' whilst the right hand page will contain editorial comments on that content. The comments will be quite detailed in most instances so the 'comment' feature in word is not appropriate. I've tried using columns but they don't seem to be able to solve the problem (when adding new 'content' the text 'wraps' meaning the rest of the document becomed out of sync). Using a table with 2 columns is an option but this is incredibly awkward as each paragraph effective...

Phone Formatting issue
My Outlook 2003 no longer formats phone number with ( ) and - it just stings all the number together.. Does anyone know the tricks to get it formatting again ? Bob Lee ...

Need an UPPERCASE format ability in Excel just like Word
I use MS Excel 2003. Microsoft should update the Excel program to include the same ability Format->UPPERCASE that is built into MS Word 2003. A user should simply have the ability to highlight the selected cells and then Format->UPPERCASE and then all text within the cells should uppercase. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsof...

Select Name List Format
Is it possible in Outlook 2000 to display the list of names (that pops up in the "Select Name" window when the "To" button is pressed) in LastName, FirstName format? If so, were can I find information on this subject? I've looked at KB823478, but that seems to apply only to Outlook 2003. It depends on the mode you have Outlook 2000 configured in. If you're not sure, check the second line of text in Help | About Microsoft Outlook. Internet Mail Only Mode: Open the Address Book, select Tools | Sort By, and select both Name and Last Name. Corporate/Workgro...

Error message opening a file due to too many different cell formats
What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets in this workbook. There has been a lot of copying and pasting. Now the workbook won't open because there are too many different cell formats. Hi for dealing with too many cell formats have a look at the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 Though I'm not sure it will help if you can't open your file anymore -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany lc wrote: > What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets > in this workbook. There has been a lot of co...

Combining & formatting cells with text
I have imported data from another application, SAP, into a spreadsheet. There are 2 or more cells per row that contain text. I want to combine them into one cell with wrapped text to be able to read easier or I would like to export all of the text cells to Word without having it separated into separate cells in word. Any help would be appreciated. Bob In C1 enter =A1 & " " & B1 Copy C1 and(in place)Paste Special>Value>OK>Esc. Set wrap text on C1. Delete A1 and B1 if you want to. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:28:18 -0800, "Bob" &...

formatting lost from word v.X to 2004
I have office 2004 installed on two computers in my home - a powerbook and a powermac. I was testing office 2004 on my powerbook and when I felt that everything was okay, I installed it on my powermac. Problem is, it didn't behave the same way on my desktop machine. Opening v.X docs in word 2004 on the powerbook was fine - all the formatting seemed to be retained. However, opening word v.X docs in 2004 on my desktop machine yielded quite different results. I saw two main problems: 1. all my bullet points were turned into infinity signs 2. somehow the formatting changed slightly enoug...

Cell Formating #6
How to make a cell twinks when a condition is met in excel ? Hecwill, You've probably seen blinking formatting in Word. Excel has no such formatting. It's possible, though not recommended to use timed macros to do this. It works by changing the formatting periodically. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Hecwill" <Hecwill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56628B2B-0AA6-4924-8CD6-C10742C29CEF@microsoft.com... > How to make a cell twinks when a condition is met in excel ? Why is it not recommended? "Earl Kiosterud" <someone@n...

en moins de 30 jours tu vas avoir plus de 1000$
Bonjour, Il faut just cliquer sur chaqu'un de ces lien : http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=18281 http://faustinoadoahi.carrefourinternet.com/ http://dailycashclub.net/?r=hybati http://www.fortune5minutes.com?id=4003 http://hybati-Eng.blog4ever.com Bonne f�te de SAINT VALENTIN ...

Time Format #6
I'm having a problem adding together journey times. I have a start time (say 8:34:00) and an end time (say 10:23:00) and from this I calculate a journey time (1:49:00). I then add this journey time (using the sum function) across a number of different journeys giving me a total. This total is in some case in excess of 24 hours and Excel seems to revert to 0 at 24 hours and start the sum again. So for example I can see when I highlight the range that the total is 27:49:00 but the sum function returns 03:49:00. Any ideas? Cheers Lee Use a custom format: [hh]:mm:ss The []...

flip a sheet format
Hi, I am looking for a solution where I could change the table in a different format. Any office product solution, Excel or Access or any other tool could be used where the process can be automated (macro, SQL query, etc) I have this table: T1 App1, App2, App3 T2 App4, App5 T3 App6, App7, App8 I want to create this table of the previous table: App1 T1 App2 T1 App3 T1 App4 T2 App5 T2 App6 T3 App7 T3 App8 T3 Thank you for any help Hi The following code should do what you want. Sub ChangeLayout() Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, lr As Long, lc As Long Dim wss As...