conditional format text - please help!

If I have one cell - d32, and when the value becomes negative I want cell E32
to say "Over Budget", would this be possible?
0
Vivek1 (15)

Not entirely sure what you are asking... but see if this helps.
In E32       =IF(D32<0,"Over Budget","")

George Gee

"Vivek" <Vivek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have one cell - d32, and when the value becomes negative I want cell
> E32
> to say "Over Budget", would this be possible?

0
georgegee (154)
3/5/2006 11:17:27 AM
It works, thanks a lot!  I also want to do the same thing when D32 is
positive with the same cell. How do you do this?

"George Gee" wrote:

> Not entirely sure what you are asking... but see if this helps.
> In E32       =IF(D32<0,"Over Budget","")
>
> George Gee
>
> "Vivek" <Vivek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I have one cell - d32, and when the value becomes negative I want cell
> > E32
> > to say "Over Budget", would this be possible?

0
Vivek1 (15)
3/5/2006 11:33:26 AM

In E32    =IF(D32<0,"Over budget","On Target")

Change the text *On Target* to whatever you wish to appear.
Is this what you want, if not, post back with more details.

> It works, thanks a lot!  I also want to do the same thing when D32 is
> positive with the same cell. How do you do this?
>
> "George Gee" wrote:
>
>> Not entirely sure what you are asking... but see if this helps.
>> In E32       =IF(D32<0,"Over Budget","")
>>
>> George Gee
>>
>> "Vivek" <Vivek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I have one cell - d32, and when the value becomes negative I want
>> > cell
>> > E32
>> > to say "Over Budget", would this be possible?

0
georgegee (154)
3/5/2006 12:05:27 PM
Thanks so much, it works!!!

"George Gee" wrote:

> In E32    =IF(D32<0,"Over budget","On Target")
>
> Change the text *On Target* to whatever you wish to appear.
> Is this what you want, if not, post back with more details.
>
> George Gee
>

> "Vivek" <Vivek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It works, thanks a lot!  I also want to do the same thing when D32 is
> > positive with the same cell. How do you do this?
> >
> > "George Gee" wrote:
> >
> >> Not entirely sure what you are asking... but see if this helps.
> >> In E32       =IF(D32<0,"Over Budget","")
> >>
> >> George Gee
> >>
> >> "Vivek" <Vivek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Vivek1 (15)

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Access Help file
I'm going through a "tutorial" in Access 07 help called "Make a Query Ask for Input" Down about 3/4 to the bottom in a section called "Create a Macro Group that Controls the Form", step #12 it calls for me to create a macro named ok and set the action cell to "SetValue". I have no SetValue in the action cell. Just SetProperty SetTempVar, ShowAllRecords etc... but no SetValue. Do I need to do something to get it in there or how should I proceed to get this to work? When you are in the design of the macro, go to the ribbon and click th...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

Please help, I know nothing
I am a very new at this and it is driving me crazy. For example, I want to add all of column A + column B and I want the answer to go in C. I want this action to always happen automatically. How do I do this...in easy, non-math language?? I understand the basic concept of the formula, but it will only do it in C1, e.g I also get the error #name? Where do I enter this "name" and what is it referring to I would appreciate any and all help Thanks Amme your question is a little vague do you want c1 to add a1 & b1 then c2 to add a2 & b2 If yes then in c1 type in =a1+b1 o...

format negative dollars
We have 2 computers in this office, both with Office XP On one we get ($ 4.00) on the other we get -$ 4.00 This format seems to vary from file to files. Is there a way to set the default on Excel to ($ 4.00) ? Thanks Doug Doug, It might help to check the Regional Settings in the Control Panel (I assume your using windows). It has settings for currency and number displays which will affect excel. Check if yours and your co-workers settings are the same. Dan E "doug loewen" <doug@aacropolishomes.com> wrote in message news:004f01c38c25$5c483320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > W...

Nested Conditional Statements
Hello - I have a column within a report that has several versions of a particular entry. So I wrote a series of queries that would help to identify the different versions, see below: Version 0: IIf(InStr(Report![Column],"Business")>0,"Version 0","") Version 1: IIf(InStr(Report![Column],".1")>0,"Version 1","") Version 2: IIf(InStr([Report]![Column],".2")>0,"Version 2","") Version 3: IIf(InStr(Report![Column],".3")>0,"Version 3","") Version 4: IIf(InStr(Re...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Duplicate entries & Conditional Formatting
Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I want the font to change to bold. Thanks. Yes, provided it is a named range within the same workbook. Select the cells and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula Is> =COUNTIF(MyRange,A2)>0 Format for the change if TRUE. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "hmm" <hmm@hmm.com> wrote in message news:3FCCCF2F.42E759CF@hmm.com... > Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I > want the font to change to bold. > > Thanks. > ...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

Help with ActiveX
Hi all. I am just getting my feet wet using MFC and am having trouble with an ActiveX control I created. Essentially, I need an ActiveX control that is a container for local controls. What I have is a set of instruments with slightly different communications needs. My plan is to have separate controls for each instrument so that I can use a single exe for all of them. The exe provides the user interface while the ActiveX provides instrument feedback. There are no input fields on the ActiveX but there are several text fields and a progress bar. I am managing the text fields and progress bar in...

Removal of Outlook 2000 from XP home Help
I am attempting to remove an unauthorized version of Office 2K from a Win XP home computer. The Removal went fairly normal except that now when accessing any E-Mail client, the Windows installer is attemtping to install something from the Win 2K premium disk. Is there a Registery entry causing this problem? Is there a way to stop this from happening? do you know what it's installing and does it fix it if you give it the disk? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

Help with formula #28
I have an excel spread sheet with formulas that work correctly, when I email them to another person and they open the attachment all looks ok. When they save the excel file to their PC and open it the formula cells now all have #Name in them. Anyone know what is causing this??? The error message gives us a clue: Excel can't find something - things to check: 1. Make sure the receivers all are using the same add-ins as the sender 2. Make sure that personal.xls is the same for the receivers as the sender 3. Make sure all defined names are the same -- Gary's Student "Play...

need help Combo Box with duplicate entry.
I have a combo box with unique and non-unique entries. (search field) 00010 | john | smith | 12345 | 00002 00196 | jane | doe | 0120 | 00001 00196 | Jone| wood| 0220 | 00005 I would like the following to happen. 1) user types the number needed ( 10 ) 2) the combo box zero fills the field (00010) 3) then selects an entry from the combo box. (12345) if the select is incorrect ( one of the non-unique numbers was selected - 00196) the user will open the combo box and select the correct entry. (jone wood) add the info will be put on the form. the following code works if the user ente...

How to get the handle of a Help file belonging to other process.
Hi all, In my application,I want to change the Index of a HTMLHELP file which belongs to a dialog running in other exe.In order to do this I need to find whether the Help file is open or not & get the handle of that to use HH_DISPLAY_INDEX .Is there any way to do this?? Note: I dont want to use FindWindow() as it is giving rise to some problems in my application.. Thanks in advance ...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Help on adding values to a bar chart
Hello, Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells, I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!! Thanks. To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, h...

protect formatting #3
I have a shared workbook with many worksheets in it that many people need to fill in. How can I protect the formatting of it so that they cannot change it. Also when they copy and paste things into the worksheets I would like the format to revert to how I have set it?? Thanks! ...

Lookup Help
I have a spreadsheet with three tabs. Tab 1 needs to perform summary calculations Tab 2 & 3 are ODBC connections with source data from other files. Tab 2 is a sql query that is a cross tab with columns 1-4 representing row data and then the remaining columns are employee ids with a productivity value in their column. Not all columns have the same value as they correspond to a job/service performed on a specific date. My problem Tab 1, column 2 contains "completion dates from 1/1-current and refreshes based on tab 2 each time it opens. I need a lookup formula that wi...

Excel spradsheet automation help
there are 3 sheets in an excel spreadsheet say the names are 1,2 AND3 layouts ar ethere for all 3 sheets. the first sheet is used as input and based on certain fields/columns in the first sheet i need to populate entries in the second and 3 rd sheet. teh main purpose is taht based on the first sheet the 2 and 3 sheet should be automatically filled. wat kind of formula / macro should i be using .. im new to this and jsut know to create macro. CAn anybody help ON either Sheet 2 or Sheet 3, you can put this formula in any cell and it will return whatever value is in cell A1 on sheet 1. =Sh...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...