conditional format a date in Excel

I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less than 30
days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30" all
the dates change.
0
copteral (3)

I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is les
than 30
days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30
all
the dates change.

lose the quotes in the condition =Now()+30

Unless you mean between today and 30 days in the future in which cas
=now() would be the first condition and =now()+30 would be the second

Also now() returns the date and time is this what you require ofte
today() which just returns the date is preferable

Regards

Da

--
Da
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2710

Thanks for the quick response, actually, the Excel (computer) puts the quotes
in. I did finally find a Discussion from 2004 that helped also by using
Today() instead of Now() and got it to work.

Al

"Dav" wrote:

> I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less
> than 30
> days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30"
> all
> the dates change.
>
> lose the quotes in the condition =Now()+30
>
> Unless you mean between today and 30 days in the future in which case
> =now() would be the first condition and =now()+30 would be the second
>
> Also now() returns the date and time is this what you require often
> today() which just returns the date is preferable
>
> Regards
>
> Dav
>

> --
> Dav
> Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27107
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=513696

0
copteral (3)
2/17/2006 5:36:30 PM
If this is still open:

Your date in B1:

select format-->conditional format
select "formula is"
type =B1<today()+30
click "format"
select the formatting you want
click ok
click ok
copy B1 and "paste special-->format"  into all cells that need
formatting.

Is that what you wanted?

Hans

0
hansyt (53)
2/17/2006 5:38:19 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I wanted.

Al

"flummi" wrote:

> If this is still open:
>
> Your date in B1:
>
> select format-->conditional format
> select "formula is"
> type =B1<today()+30
> click "format"
> select the formatting you want
> click ok
> click ok
> copy B1 and "paste special-->format"  into all cells that need
> formatting.
>

> Is that what you wanted?
>
> Hans

0
copteral (3)

Excel is sluggish
This seems to be a software issue with Excel and Word. When I went to the Microsoft site and entered my software serial number into their site, they said that because I had purchased the software through Gateway, that I had to ask Gateway for assistance. Gateway says to ask Microsoft. Go figure. Here is the problem. If I open a small document in Excel or Word and I am not connected to the Internet, it opens in about 1 second. If I try to open the same document and I am connected to the Internet, it takes about 25 seconds. This started happening within the past week. My system...

Excel Template Wizard
I need to linke a template to a data base with Template wizard. I have set up the wizard. I have a matrix of 6 column headings in the template with provision to add data in 20 rows below this column headings. The wizard is able to pick up the data only from first row with respect to 6 column headings. If I look up in the data base, one roq corresponding to the first record is saved. Can i do somthing so that for one template form, each of the 20 row data is saved in the data base. ...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Awesome list of Excel/Word/Powerpoint shortcuts!
Hi, everybody! I recently discovered a great keyboard shortcut list for the office applications. It seems to have practically every shortcut imaginable and it fits on one page too! I printed it out and put on the wall next to my monitor -- just great!. Thought you would appreciate it... Here's the link to the PDF file. Hit print and you're ready to go. http://www.prihodko.com/msoffice/Office_2003_Shortcuts.pdf Lindy Hi Lindy, For Excel, I like Chip Pearson's Excel Keyboard Shortcuts page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/KeyboardShortcuts.htm There is also a d...

How do I set up inches per Minute/Second in Excel
I need to know how to take a known inch per Minute and divide by a known measurement and displayed as minutes and seconds. The answer of the equation (minutes and seconds) is where I'm having trouble. Actually, you need to divide your measured length by the known rate (inches per minute). This gives you the number of minutes, but to display using m:ss format you need to divide by 1440, the number of minutes per day (since Excel counts time as the fraction of a day). So put your measurement in A2, your rate in B2, and this formula into C2: =A2/B2/1440 Then format C2 using a custom...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Conditional Sorting
I am looking to do a descending sort based on two columns being the same. Here is a simple example of what I want to do Before Sort After Sort Column 1 Column 2 Column 1 Column 2 1 5 3 3 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 7 4 ...

2003 excel
I would like to change the cell color if there is a "r" found in it. All the cells are in the same colum and there are also numbers in the cells with the "r". Can anyone help ? Assume data in col A Select the col, then apply conditional formatting using Formula Is: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH("r",A1)) Format to taste > OK out Replace SEARCH with FIND if you need it to be case sensitive -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:16,400 Files:356 Subscribers:53 xdemechanik --- "Dave" wrote: > I would like to change the cell color if ...

Excel's localization of scientific notation
Does Excel use "E+" and "E-" for scientific notation for all locales? Or are there some locales for which it uses different characters? Thanks, Greg I'm pretty sure that the E is universal. If it were not, it would have been in the list of international symbols. Look here for more info about international issues: http://www.rondebruin.nl/international.htm#strings -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Greg Lovern" <gregl@gregl.net> wrote in message news:82e5afbe-a4ba-4f5f-ac41-ac7b41519d67@h40g2000prf.googl...

HELP: Excel userform version control issue
Hi All, I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue I am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then using it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as they have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive. Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup message saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch the form from Intranet for newer version". Thanks in advan...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

generate list of non-entries within dates
I use Excel (2007) to record activity and support for about 100 current online learners and I have to provide an activity summary sheet every two weeks. The list of learners is in one sheet and are marked "current", agreed break" or "completed" in an adjacent column. The total list is about 1000 and grows by about 10 each week. The activity log is another sheet of the same workbook. Assuming that all activity is logged in this way I need to generate a list (sheet) of those current learners who have not submitted any recent work and are therefore "inacti...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Conditionally inserting image
Hi there, Does anyone out there know if its possible in Excel (2002) to conditionally insert an image into a file based upon the results of formula. So for instance... If a2 > 100 then [insert red traffic light image] Else If a2 > 50 then [insert amber traffic light image] Else [insert green traffic light image] Im familiar with VBA and wonder if that holds the solution but either way Im not sure how to reference each image (& dont know how each image is stored)? Any advice greatly appreciated. Phil You don't need an image. You can simply use conditional formatting on...

Transfer Macro in Excel
I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process macro at the line. Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END") The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

Excel #2
College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? Choose File>Properties On the Summary tab, check 'Save preview picture. Click OK Tech Coor wrote: > College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...