Comment box

When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way t
get rid of this so that the box is completely empty

Hi tghcogo!

Tools > Options > General
Delete the existing User Name, and type a new entry
OK

Be aware that this is an Office setting and will impact upon other
Office programs. You might want to change it back before exiting
Excel.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"tghcogo >" <<tghcogo.18puzz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way
> get rid of this so that the box is completely empty?
>

> ---

njharker (1646)
7/1/2004 2:24:47 PM
If you just want to do this once in awhile, then you can just "backspace"
until you get rid of it in that one comment box.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"tghcogo >" <<tghcogo.18puzz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way to
> get rid of this so that the box is completely empty?
>

> ---

croberts1 (105)
7/1/2004 2:58:53 PM
You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is
sample code here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html

tghcogo < wrote:
> When I insert a comment, already inserted is "User:", is there a way to
> get rid of this so that the box is completely empty?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Insert Comments on a Protected Worksheet
hi - I have a worksheet with areas that are locked, and a range B5:H23 that is not locked. Protection has been applied to the sheet. The user is allowed to SELECT unlocked cells. My problem is that I want to be able to INSERT COMMENTS in the unlocked range. I can't seem to do this while protection is ON. (Comments can only be added when Protection is OFF) What am I missing? thanks in advance -- cinnie When setting sheet protection allow users to "Edit Objects"........down near bottom of list. Then you can Insert Comments in unlocked cells. Gord ...

Use a list box to store multiple values in a field
I know that you can use a list boxs' selection to be stored in a field on the same form and I know how to do that. The problem is that when I change the list box to allow multiple selections the selections are no longer put into the desired field. Is there something I can do to fix the problem? Thanks. Nick One of the basic principals of good database design is 'one fact, one field'. When you have a single listbox item selected, you have a single fact. Trying to store multiple facts (multi-select listbox) in a single field would create all kinds of headaches for determini...

Checkbox & List Box
Is there any way to set up a worksheet so that if a checkbox is checked, the list box is unlocked and if the check box is not selected, then users cannot touch the list box? I am not really good at VBA but any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, Try this code. Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() If CheckBox1.Value = True Then ListBox1.Enabled = True Else ListBox1.Enabled = False End If End Sub jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to set up a worksheet so that if a checkbox is checked, the list box is unlocked and if the check box is not selected, then users cann...

Control Toolbox: How do I use the "Combo Box?"
Hi, I need a drop down box in a particular cell, getting it there is easy, putting what I want in the drop down box/list is not! How do I get a "List" in the the combo box to read: 1, and then under that number I want 2, all the way up to 5. I want it to work so that I can see the drop down box and when it is selected I can see the numbers 1 thru 5 following each other in order, below each other. I have tried "Edit" under "Combo Box Object", that doesn't work! If I double click the "Combo Box" in the cell, I go into a "Microsoft Visual Basic&qu...

Can a text box on a chart be locked to an X-Y coordinate location on the chart?
I would like a text box to remain at a particlar location on a chart in terms of the scale of the chart. So, if new data causes the X-axis or Y-axis to rescale, the text box remains at the same X-Y coordinate. This does not seem to be the default behavior, and i cannot find a way to accomplish it. Please let me know if there is a way. Much thanks! You could always try recalculating what the new position should be from the max and min values of the axes and then setting top and left parameters of your text box accordingly. -- mrice Research Scientist with many years of spreadsh...

Setting caption of a Message box
Hi Is there any way to change the caption of the Messagebox created by "AfxMessageBox". By default the caption is the name of the project. Regards Usman Jamil I would say, use MessageBox instead of AfxMessageBox. But if you insist you can always override CWinApp::DoMessageBox(...). This method gets called when you call AfxMessageBox. In there use MessageBox instead of calling CWinApp::DoMessageBox AliR. "Usman" <usman@advcomm.net> wrote in message news:%23t7KO6RdGHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there any way to change the caption of the ...

How do I get the combo box to link with costs field in the table?
I have a database which I am trying to figure out. I have a field in the table which is the names of the cars and there is a price field. How do I link both of them up so that when I create a form and select the different car the different prices can appear. Can someone offer some help with this Please! Samiullah, We can't help until we know how you have your table set up. Is the CarName and the CarPrice in the same table? If they are in different tables, do you have a unique key field in each table that "relates" the CarName in one table with a CarPri...

Combo Box Wiard. How to launch it ?
How/where can i launch the "Combo Box Wizard" ? Please tell me step by step . Thank you so much, Dear expert ! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Open your form in design view Select View Select Toolbox Select Combo Box (click the icon) Click the form somewhere Follow the instructions on the wizard -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ali" wrote: > How/where can i launch the "Combo Box Wizard" ? > > Please tell me step by step . > > Thank you so much, Dear expert ! > > -- > Allen Phailat Wongakanit This is assuming, of course, that the...

What is this yellow box? ..Not a comment
Hello, My friend and I are pretty proficient in Excel, but have never seen this before. When selecting a cell, a yellow box pops up with information. I can move the box around the sheet, but it does not appear to be a comment. (When I do add a comment in the sheet, I can right click the comment to change properties and it also has a line attaching it to the cell it's commenting on - this yellow box does not). I've tried searching help, etc but don't know enough of what to look for. Any help would be appreciated! I'll send you a screenshot if you need more info...

Spin box min/max
I put a spin box linked to a cell containing an item cost of 1.50 because the items cost is part of a cutting test I want the user to b able to increase the cost in increments of .01, the spin box increase by 1.00 and the coding will not accept under 1.00, is there a wa around this or ? Any help will be much appreciated -- biztool ----------------------------------------------------------------------- biztools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=687 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52464 Are you using a linked cel...

Text boxes not resizing correctly
Hello all, I have a publisher document that's made up of text boxes, and is postcard sized. When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes bunch up, even if they are grouped together. I think it has something to do with the fact that the 'keep position relative' box is disabled when I try to format the text boxes. Any idea what's going wrong? Thanks, Anna A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Anna <itssteps@yahoo.com>!"... > When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes > bunch up, ...

Drop Down Box Size
I have several drop down boxes each linked to each other and they work fine however I need one of them to display more lines than it does at present. At the moment it displays eight lines of text but I would like to at least double that. Someone has suggested that you increase the ListRows setting which would be fine if I could find it in Office 97 Excel. Its not in the Validation settings that I can see. Can anybody help. -- grahammal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ grahammal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

How to Open the Power Option Dailog Box
I wanna to open the Power Option Dailog Box in my MFC codes, What function should I call? thanks! You can run: "RunDLL32 Shell32.DLL,Control_RunDLL PowerCfg.cpl" using CreateProcess, spawn, WinExec, or whatever you choose. PowerCfg.cpl is the name on Windows 2003, and I imagine it is the same on other versions, but you may want to check. "kimi" wrote: > I wanna to open the Power Option Dailog Box in my MFC codes, What function > should I call? thanks! > > > ...

One box for Server 2003, AD, and Exchange 2003
Can I have one box do everything, like I could with a NT4 PDC and Exch5.5? If so, how many users if each has a 100MB mailbox limit on a single processor with 1GB RAM? Thanks! On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:48:02 -0700, "admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote: >Can I have one box do everything, like I could with a NT4 PDC and Exch5.5? > >If so, how many users if each has a 100MB mailbox limit on a single >processor with 1GB RAM? > >Thanks! > Depends on the beef of the box and how many users have this 100MB mailbox. Have you looked at SBS? If ther...

CHECK BOX #2
HI All I have a check box linked to cell I6 when checked it returns TRUE when unchecked it returns FALSE how can i change this to say YES instead of true and NO instead of FALSE Use an IF formula in another cell to read the cell-link and return the desired outcome. For example, Put in J16: =IF(I16=TRUE,"YES","NO") -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "JInx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3AE9C9B-9F59-4A3D-B030-162AB158D111@microsoft.com... > HI All, > > I h...

Combo Box Question
I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to use a combo box (from the Forms toolbar) to allow a user to easily select one of four macros. I saw nothing that would indicate that a macro can be assigned to a choice in a combo box. Can it be done or is there an alternate approach which accomplishes the same thing. Thanks On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:16:24 GMT, cuz202 wrote: > I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to use a combo box (from the Forms > toolbar) to allow a user to easily select one of four macros. I saw > nothing that would indicate that a macro can be assigned to a choice ...

[OL2003] Mark comments with fixed string AND date
Hi, is it possible that comments I write into an email are not only marked with a fixed string (e.g. my name or initials), but with the current date as well? Thanks for your help. Best wishes, J. no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com...

Display the References dialog box,
HiTrying to follow the gobbledegook in the MS Access help pages. UnderUser-defined type not defined, it has this suggestion:Display the References dialog boxWhere the four and a half is this???Stapes On Mar 7, 2:13 pm, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> Hi>> Select "view" the "Code".> Select "Debug"> Select "Compile">> This should highlight the problem.>> It could be something as simple as a mis-spelling or a missing reference in> tools>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>> "Stape...

Comment Indicators #2
Something has happened to a spreadhseet whereby all the comments have really long indicators spreading down over multiple cells. How can these be corrected without doing each one at a time? Thanks for help D Try running this macro: Option Explicit Sub ResetComments() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim CmmtRng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim CopyTxt As String Set ws = ActiveSheet Set CmmtRng = ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeComments) For Each cell In CmmtRng With cell CopyTxt = .Comment.Text .Comment.Delete .AddComment .Comment.Text Text:=CopyTxt .Comment....

cell comment #2
Hi all, In cell B6 I have a formula like this: ="sometext "&G6-H6&CHAR(10)& " state = " & round(AB6;2) & " (until date " & TEXT(TODAY(); "d-m-yyyy") & ") " & CHAR(10) & " balance = "&Q6 This results in three lines of text that I want to put in the cell comment of N6 (that may or may not already have a cell comment that could have text or nothing in it). I tried a lot with code like Range(...).ClearComments Range(...).AddComment Range(...).Comment.Visible = False ...

How do I remove "cannot open template wizard" msg box?
I saved a worksheet as a template. Then I resaved it as an .xls file. However when I open it now, I receive the above message when I open the worksheet. How do I stop it? Somewhere there is hidden code that says "I am a template"!!! ...

List Box 01-26-08
Hi Everybody! I need an answer, I have a problem with showing a field when I create List Box, Example: I start wizard for creating list box, then i choose which field should be showing ( Name, Surname and ID) but the surname field does not show, who can help me resolving this problem. Thank you valdet_shala32@hotmail.com Hi Say you have a table called tblClients In the table you have: ClientID 1stName Surname Your list box will show these fields (if you want) BUT It is the first field that the list box will display that has a column width more than 0 So to show these fields in the ...

Combo box selection sets option radio button to yes
I have a feeling that this question is going to be embarrassingly easy, but here goes: I have a combo box that when one of the selections is chosen, the option group button for Yes is active. I am using an If-Then statement: If [strInsurance] = "HMO" Then OptionYes = True But it'snot working...any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -- Kbelo Set the value of the option group frame control to the number that is the Option Value for the option button that means yes. For example, if the option button has a value of 1, then set the frame control's value to 1. -- ...

list box requery
I use MyList.Requery to refresh my list box row source. It only refresh data first time. I have requery code on combo box AfterUpdate. It seems the list box only refresh first time. It does not requery my data after first time change data. It seems the code working, but for some reason, maybe the property set, it only does first time. Your information is great appreciated, If MyList is the name of the list box, try Me.MyList.Requery on the after update of the combo box. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "iccsi" <inungh@gm...

Transparent Check/Radio box on a XP Themed application
Hi, I have an MFC application which use the XP theme. I created a class for drawing Check/Radio boxes tranparently (to avoid the gray rectangle of those buttons): HBRUSH CUiButton::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = NULL; pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); // return hollow brush to preserve parent background color hbr = (HBRUSH)::GetStockObject(HOLLOW_BRUSH); return hbr; } This looks fine in a Non-Themed application (The rectangle of the Check/Radio controls, recieves the color of its parent). But on a Themed application I get a black rectangle. Can someon...