Combining data from different sheets in one

Hi all,

this is my first post here, and hopefully I'm not asking to much to get
an answer.

The problem:
I have data on several sheets. Every sheet contains data on only one
customer, but the layout is the same - number, name of the order and so
on. I need to create a cumulative sheet that would contain all of the
information at one place. I could do it manually, but it takes too much
time. Any ideas on how I could get this to work automaticly?

Thanks
Viktor

--
viktor
viktor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24953

Try this, Viktor:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sum_the_same_cell_in_multiple_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"viktor" <viktor.1rr749_1120662778.0581@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:viktor.1rr749_1120662778.0581@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi all,
>
> this is my first post here, and hopefully I'm not asking to much to get
> an answer.
>
> The problem:
> I have data on several sheets. Every sheet contains data on only one
> customer, but the layout is the same - number, name of the order and so
> on. I need to create a cumulative sheet that would contain all of the
> information at one place. I could do it manually, but it takes too much
> time. Any ideas on how I could get this to work automaticly?
>
> Thanks
> Viktor
>

> --
> viktor
> viktor's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24953
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384871

0
ng1 (1444)
7/6/2005 3:22:42 PM
You can do this with a formula where the sheet name is in a11 down
=INDIRECT(A11&"!a1")
or a macro

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"viktor" <viktor.1rr749_1120662778.0581@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:viktor.1rr749_1120662778.0581@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi all,
>
> this is my first post here, and hopefully I'm not asking to much to get
> an answer.
>
> The problem:
> I have data on several sheets. Every sheet contains data on only one
> customer, but the layout is the same - number, name of the order and so
> on. I need to create a cumulative sheet that would contain all of the
> information at one place. I could do it manually, but it takes too much
> time. Any ideas on how I could get this to work automaticly?
>
> Thanks
> Viktor
>

> --
> viktor
> viktor's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24953
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384871

0
Don
7/6/2005 3:22:51 PM
thanks guys..

--
vikto
viktor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2495
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38487

When I am in one cell highlight another
Hello, When I am in one cell highlight another. Lets say that if my cursor is in A1 I want D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. Then if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. Thank you for your help, Jose Juan Diaz hi, Jose Juan ! > When I am in one cell highlight another > ... if my cursor is in A1... D1 highlighted or with another cursor on it. > ... if I move to A2, D2 should be the one with another cursor or highlighted. 'put' a cursor on non-active-cell... [I don't think it's possible] :( to highlight 'D' wh...

Copy field data to multiple places

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide
Hi, We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is changed. We can see only some part of the sheet. Let me know if anybody faced this problem.. Thanks in advance Shekar. Debra Dalgleish posted this link that you may want to review: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm Microsoft wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point > slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is > changed. We can s...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

How to delete duplicate data
Hi, I am using excel to consolidate monthly room booking data. I have a date column and time column. May I know how to to delete those rows which contains duplicate data with same date stated in the date columnand and same time range in the time column? Thank you. Data>filter>advanced filter, unique records only and copy to another location -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F45DAE2B-252D-4E17-81D8-0F4C060BCB21@m...

Summary of Difference between dates in years, months, days
I need to calculate the difference between 2 dates and then total them. Here's what I have so far: From To Length of Service 01/09/2003 31/01/2010 6y 4m 30d 01/06/2000 30/11/2002 2y 5m 29d Total of Service: ?????????? I've used the following formula to calculate the total days worked: =DATEDIF(A4,B4,"Y")&"y "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"ym")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"md&...

Money plus Deluxe Where do I find Balance sheet and Profit and Los
I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus Deluxe have them? In microsoft.public.money, bigwahoo wrote: >I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print >out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income >statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus >Deluxe have them? Go to the Reports list, and look around. T...

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

Compressed Outlined Data Copy
I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all the rows when they are expanded. When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within the group, and not just the compressed data. For example: I need just the following (which is compressed): Ship $ Line $5,278.00 CYP Total $133,122.00 TI Total $34,660,135.00 Vic Total $34,798,535.00 Grand Total when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the compression), it pastes 16 lines: Ship $ Line $123.00 CYP $44.00 CYP $4,444.00 CYP $667.00 CYP $5,278.00 CYP Total $123,124.00 TI $...

Combine part of text from one col to another
I'm trying to combine only part of a string from one column with all th text of another column. For instance I want to create usernames to log into a network. If col has Bill and col2 has Smith I want to get just the B from col1 an combine it with col2 to make smithb in a new column. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this: -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== =B1&LEFT(A1) "epac135 >" <...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

Combine Profile?
I have two profiles, one with business data and one with personal data. Is there a way to combine the two profiles and end up with just one or the other? What version of Outlook are you using? Are you connected to an Exchange server or are you using .PST files? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:3f0401c3b112$efb1a3f0$a601280a@phx.gbl, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I have two profiles, one with business data and one with > p...

Importing One Period
Our company operates on a 13 period year instead of 12 months. However, the budget import process appears to be the same for periods or months. We would like to import a budget for just period 13. We tried leaving blanks in the period 1 - 12 accounts in excel and imported to a test company and that deleted all budgets, we also tried zeros, which did as we expected, inserted zeros. The budget file used to import existing budgets for periods 1 -12 has become corrupt and we do not have a backup for this file. In this file, we created formulas that allow us to use %'s to update ...

=Sheet!A1 formula alternative
I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 contains text data from A1:A200 but not in consecutive order (for example): Sheet1 A 1 textone 2 texttwo 3 4 textmisc 5 6 textother I need Sheet2!B1:B50 to grab all the data from Sheet1!A1:A200 and list them in the order that they were entered in Sheet1 as shown below: Sheet1 Sheet 2 A B 1 textone 1 textone 2 texttwo 2 texttwo 3 3 textmisc 4 textmisc ...

compare two columns with different ranges in two worksheets
I need to compare two columns of data in two different worksheets and display a third one. Here it is an example: -(worksheet1!A1:A10), (worksheet1!B1:B10) and (whorksheet2!C1:C25) -this is my query, if C5 is already in (A1:A10) I want to display B5 in worksheet2!D5 I think it is tricky because you need to identity which row in the A1:A10 is equal to C5 to display B5 and the range are different. you could save my day chris90 In worksheet2!D1: =if(isna(vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)), "", vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)) HTH Kostis Vezerides brilliant, ma...

Retreiving data
We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" Can anyone help me -- Dambo On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 01:21:01 -0800, Damb0 <Damb0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We move mailbox on a new server but somethimes we receive the following >message: "outlook is retrieving data from the OLD exchange server" > >Can anyone help me What steps did you do to decommission the old server? If you give us an idea of the version of the old and new ones we can post the right help ...

Multiple recipients for one address
Total newbie question. I work for a company with a dedicated service department. I need for up to 5 people to be able to get a copy of a message that comes in to the address "servcie@ourdomain.com". I tried adding this address to each of the users, but I can't give one address to multiple users. I don't want to create a "Service" user and have them check that account. I just want the emails to be routed from the service@ address to each users' inbox. Total newbie, so detailed answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create a mail-enabled Grou...

Help Required with Macro to Manipulate Data
I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported from a text file) A B C D 1 Branch Date Total 2 4501 030204 29 3 4 4501 030204 14 5 6 4502 030204 331 7 8 4502 030204 52 9 10 4503 030204 54 11 12 4503 030204 85 Hi Alay and what do you want to achieve :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Alan.T.12jthe@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a spreadsheet(s) with the following data on it (this is imported ...

Printing results on different pc and different printer
Hi, regarding printing functions in windows i am a newcomer. Thats why i dont understand some phenomenon : I am working with MFC. My report uses Times New Roman and Arial. Report was developed under PC A with Epson Printer. PC B using Epson produces the same output. PC C with Lexmark produces a report with tiny capitals, that are barely readable. PC A with lexmark Printer produces a readable result, but different to Epson Printer. What did i forget to implement in my program? How can i produce a result, that is independable from the printer used? Thanks in advance, Matt Are escape seque...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...