column is added up by original figure not after rounding up

Microsoft Excel 2003

my format is multiplying cell by 0.245 the system automatically rounds up to
the
nearest unit (because i am using currency)
When l total the whole column it adds by the original three digit and not
the rounded up figure.   Which means by totals are incorrect
0
Gwen (13)

Change your formula to:

=ROUND(A1*0.245,2)

which will round to 2 decimal places (cents, or pence etc), or:

=ROUNDUP(A1*0.245,0) if you really want to round up to units (dollars,
pounds etc),

Your total will now reflect what is on screen.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Gwen wrote:
> Microsoft Excel 2003
>
> my format is multiplying cell by 0.245 the system automatically rounds up to
> the
> nearest unit (because i am using currency)
> When l total the whole column it adds by the original three digit and not
> the rounded up figure.   Which means by totals are incorrect

0
pashurst (2576)

Cluster a 3-D Column
I am trying to create a 3-D column with clustered columns. Is this even possible, and if so, how do I do it. Here is what I have: Scores on a standardized test at intake, 6 months, and termination for males and females across 4 different years. Thanks Mondie Hi, depending on what you mean by clustered. In my example I laid my data out in the range A1:G6 Male Female In 6 Months Term In 6 Months Out 2000 57 76 35 59 40 59 2001 59 20 63 55 59 37 2003 57 76 35 59 40 59 2004 59 20 63 55 59 37 The Clustered 3d chart created a series for each year with In, 6 months and Out gr...

Adding a "Title" to a context menu
Hi All, I wonder if there's a way to add some sort of title to a context menu. A bit like message box titles for instance. Thanks JB "JB" <jb.brossard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:543d8c59-e5a4-4725-8e20-7202a04de8c4@g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I wonder if there's a way to add some sort of title to a context menu. > A bit like message box titles for instance. > > Thanks > JB Not that I'm aware of, or that is readily apparent from looking at the ContextMenuStrip class members in MSDN. http://msdn...

Nice Column Graph
So I have data like this: Year Month #start #end 2001 1 4 2 2001 2 6 5 2001 3 7 1 2001 4 5 4 2001 5 2 6 ..... I'd like to make a column chart where the year and month are on one axis and then I have a column for each #start and #end for each month/year pair. Is there a way to tell the chart wizard that I want to use those two columns for the x axis and then the #start and #end columns for the other? Thanks. Hi, Remove the 'Year' and 'Month' text from the 2 cells and then select and use the chart wiza...

Sum a column that meets two criteria
I need to sum a column of numbers if it matches two different criteria. I can set up the SUMIF easily for meeting one criteria, but I need to also sum the column if it meets that criteria, and another. For example: A B C 1 150 ABC MS1 2 200 DEF MS0 3 100 LMN MS0 4 125 ABC MS1 5 175 LMN MS1 6 225 DEF MS0 I need to have a formula that would say <<Sum column A IF column B = "DEF" AND column C = "MS0">>. (and so forth for the other combinations). I know there has to be a way to do this, probably using a combination of an IF and SUMIF functions - but i keep...

"List Price" column not found in Smartlist
Dear All, Could you please advise me on how do I have a listing with Item Numbers, Item Description, Currency ID and also together with "List Price" column. http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5690/20100107104873.png I cannot find the column name in the SmartList >> Inventory >... Many thanks in advance. The list price is located in the Item Currency Master (IV00105). You need to use SmartList Builder or Excel ReportBuilder to include this table. Kind regards, Leslie "WKZ0" wrote: > Dear All, > > Could you please advise me o...

Bug in Renaming AD user account
Hi, I have 10 years experience in Specializing in Microsoft products and 3 mcse Windows NT4.0/2000/2003 I know a bug when I see one. I cannot rename an AD account so that outlook displays the correct autocomplete name from the drop down list. Yes I have cleared the nk2 file and deleted it manually. The incorrect autocomplete name keeps on coming back. I use Exchange 2003 SP1 and I have just had a user get married so I changed her last name in all entries in AD. this includes the Exchange e-mail addresses. All clients use Outlook in cached mode. So when a user clicks the letter of the...

adding a new sort column
I want to be able to delete items from my inbox to the deleted items folder, sorted by the date I delete them. My only choices now are From, Subject, and Received date. I may delete several items, all received on different days, and want to be able to then go to the deleted items folder and find everything I deleted that day all together. Does anybody have any ideas how to do this? Thanks. kmoton@emsinet.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to delete items from my inbox to the > deleted items folder, sorted by the date I delete them. > M...

Calculated Column Syntax Help?
I have a simple parent/child table setup, DDL is at the bottom of this message. I would like to add a DateTimeOffset column to the table, with the value being "now" plus (2 * number of child rows per parent row). So with my sample DDL, the value would be now+2 seconds for parent row "a", now+4 seconds for parent row "b" , and now+6 seconds for parent row "c". Can someone help me with the proper syntax for that as well as thoughts whether or not it should be persisted when it comes to general query peformance (query will be done dozens of ti...

line-column charts
I charted 5 lines of data (8 data points in each line) in a combination chart (line-column) with one axis. It defaulted to 3 lines of data displayed as columns and 2 as lines. Is there a way to easily identify which data sources I want in column format and which appear as lines? I tried to select one of the lines and change the chart type to "column", but the column displayed on top of the other three. I was able to use this same approach to solve my problem by creating a column chart and change the one data set to a line chart, but I was hoping for a way to format data...

Rounding Up Kinda
I am trying to get the following number to round up 541387.4945 "=ROUNDUP(A3,3)or=ROUNDUP(A3,4), but can I combine them? The number should come out to 541387.50 because the 4th digit would round to the 3rd bringing it to five and round the 49 to 50 Thankyou for any help You're close... =ROUNDUP(A3,2) -- Regards, Dave "Steve" wrote: > I am trying to get the following number to round up 541387.4945 > "=ROUNDUP(A3,3)or=ROUNDUP(A3,4), but can I combine them? The number should > come out to 541387.50 because the 4th digit would round to the 3rd bringing ...

MS Chart Line-Column ( 3 Lines 1 -column )
Is it possible to change the number of Column and Lines? I have a requirement to have 1 column & 3 lines and the chart keep defaulting to 2 line, 2 columns. I am using the Excel 2003 and the chart type is (Custom Types) Line - Column. I have looked at the other threads but was unable to find an answer. Thanks In advance Hi, Select one of the columns on the chart that you want as a line. Then click the Chart Wizard toolbar button and choose the type of line you want. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Boots...." wrote: > Is it possible to change the number of Column ...

Joining/appending two columns of data
I have two columns of data. For example; one with a list of people in the IT department and the other a list of people in the whole company. I am after a way of joining these two lists of data into one list and removing the duplicates; ie only include the people who are in the IT department once as they will appear on both lists. I am at a loss how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks. Richard Hi as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique -...

Adding Dynamic Text Data to a Graph
Hi, I would like to add extra information to an Excel graph. For example some summary information linked to cells - so when the cells update the summary information on the graph will update as well. I thought about adding text fields for example, but cannot find a way to link the contents of the text field to a cell value. How can I do this? Appreciate any ideas Thanks Click to select the chart In the Formula Box type = and then click the cell to be lined; this generates a formula with the form =Sheet1!$A$1 Move it to the desired location on the chart. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme ...

adding smtp address to user accounts hangs
Hello When we try add alternate smtp addresses through ADUC the process seems slow or looks as though it hangs the application. Has anyone experienced this? I thought about rebuilding RUS but I am not sure this is the correct route to go. We have Exchange 2003 FE/BE SP1 installed on two servers running on Windows server 2003 sp1. The exchange boxes connect to two windows 2003 server AD boxes which have yet to be upgraded to sp1. ...

Visual Studio
I have a couple of dlls that I am working on. I use them in assorted projects. Problem is, when I change the dll, the next time I compile the programs that use them they don't have the most current version. How can I make it so that it's always using the most recent version of the dll? I'd rather not include the project for the DLL in the solution and make the software dependent on it but I will if I have to. Currently I'm doing References -> Add Reference and going to find the dll and adding it. TIA - Jeff. On Apr 19, 10:59 am, "Mr. Magic&q...

How many columns are therein an Excel worksheet?
How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? 256 "Demon_Girl" wrote: > How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? Short answer: 256 Along those same lines....check Excel Help for this: excel specifications and limits *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Demon_Girl" wrote: > How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? Demon_Girl wrote: > How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? Note: big step up in MS Excel 2007 (due out at year-end) 16,000 columns 1-million rows. On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:44:06 -0400, Cary <carygee@ho...

excel 2003 stop rounding and decimal places #2
I have tried number formats of General and Number - I get slightly different results but both are not what I want. If I enter 180556 I want it to display exactly like that. I don't want it rounded to the nearest two decimal places, I don't want it truncated, etc. I want it to be a number because I need to graph the column. Any help? Thanks, John Kilgo, john.kilgo@dotnetjohn.com Hi if you format the cell as 'General' you should see exactly this number -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "John Kilgo" <John Kilgo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrie...

ROUNDING NUMBERS #2
How do I round a dollar amount to the nearest quarter?.... I only find formulas in help to round to the nearest decimal place. Try this: =ROUND(A1/0.25,0)*0.25 HTH Elkar "JOHN" wrote: > How do I round a dollar amount to the nearest quarter?.... I only find > formulas in help to round to the nearest decimal place. Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. "Elkar" wrote: > Try this: > > =ROUND(A1/0.25,0)*0.25 > > HTH > Elkar > > > "JOHN" wrote: > > > How do I round a dollar amount to the nearest quarter?.....

Adding new account category to reports
I am using GP 7.5 and recently added two new account categories: employee receivables and interest income. I see them on the list to choose from with an asterisk next to each. However, when I run financials these two categories do not appear on the reports. How do I link them to these reports?? I would imagine you can add these categories to the reports and will they work in FRX??? any input would be appreciated thanks barb Try recreating the GL Index and they should appear in FRx. "BK" wrote: > > I am using GP 7.5 and recently added two new account categorie...

Adding a value to a customer ID?
Hello! I have a case number for a patient. 2009-001, for example, in C2. I also have a contact number for the patient's family member, in D2. How can I combine the patient's case number 2009-001 from C2 with an entry in D2, 2009-001-01for each contact? Example: Jane Doe is case number 2009-001. She has two children, Josh and Jolene. Josh would be contact number 2009-001-01. Jolene would be contact number 2009-001-02. Then we'd have another case number: Doctor Pepper, 2010-003. She has three contacts: Coke, 2010-003-01, Sprite, 2010-003-02, and Jack Daniels, 2010-00...

Showing a zero(if blank) when adding 3K to a cell
IN cell F40, I have the # 3000, and it is permanently there. In Cell d40, the cell is blank, but when the sheet is being used, value is entered there and we'll say 1000 is what is typed in it. I want to add the 2 cells (f40 and d40) and put the total of those cells in C7. When I do that now, 3000 of course shows up and I woul like for it (c7) to stay blank if nothing is in cell d40, the cell tha stays blank until a # is added. I am having to do it like this in orde to get around EXCEL not letting me put a value greater than 9999:59 i case you were going to ask why I was doing it thi...

Delegation help of AD exchange objects
In the process of delegating control to a specific group for a particular OU. The delegation of AD is all well and fine. I can add, delete and change users. The problem that I have is during the creation of a user in the OU I can not add it with an Exchange Mailbox, the IS does not show and I am unable to finish the wizard. Also with a current user I am unable to change an email address or add a new email address. Any help would be much appreactiated. You'll need at least exchange view only permissions to be able to create the mailbox. "Jason Flynn" wrote: > In th...

Sequencial dates in a column
Excell 2000: In a column I want to enter dates in sequencial order such as: 01JN04 02JN04 03JN04 Is there a way to have the numbers self generate the next sequencial date rather than enter each individualy? I'm new to Excell Hi, EDF. If these are true dates (in your format), you should be able to select the last 2, then put your cursor over the lower right corner (cursor turns to + ) and drag down. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Excell 2000: In a column I want to enter dates in >sequencial order such as: >01JN04 >02JN04 >03JN04 > >Is there a way to have...

Adding rows from page
Hello, I run a SCADA systems, and I am trying to figure out a way to add rows from a workpage to the bottom of another page. I have dates, and when I run this certain report, it always replaces the report from before, instead of just updating. If someone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt -- bode316 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bode316's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36436 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562025 ...

Need help with figuring out a formula please
Thanks for the help! I may be going about this the wrong way, but this is what I'm trying to do... I have two colums A=Lbs B=Ozs. I have two rows. 2= Pre 3=Post I need to show in Cell B5, the loss percentage. If I start out with 2 lbs 6 ozs and I end up with 1 ld 15 oz, how do I figure the formula? When I was working with oz's only it was easy, all I did was =1-(B3/B4) But I'm having a heck of a time figuring out the sequence to conver lbs into ozs. add teh result with the value in the oz's, and then figure out the loss %. Any help is appreciated. David I...