column heading label

The column label heading has change from an ABC format, to 123 format just
like the row format of 123 rows. I am not sure if I changed this setting how
I did it or how to change it back to column A, B, C, ect. from 1, 2, 3, ect.

Thanks for the help,
Ron

EXCEL 2007

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Excel Options (lower right hand corner)

Formulas

 - make sure that there is no tick in the box called:-

R1C1 reference style

Thanks.

"Ron" wrote:

> The column label heading has change from an ABC format, to 123 format just
> like the row format of 123 rows. I am not sure if I changed this setting how
> I did it or how to change it back to column A, B, C, ect. from 1, 2, 3, ect.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Ron

Help with column
I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday i need to format one column of around 1000 rows so it multiples the total column but a 1000 so getting rid of the decimal point i.e =A3100.00 becoming 10000 , i also need to do this using a macro. can anyone help=20 Regards=20 Paul Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow Cells(i, "A").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value * 100 Next i -- HTH Bob Phillips "lennymos123" <paul@palo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1115651206....

How do I pivot a range of cells, i.e. from column to row?
How do I pivot/transpose the data from a range of cells from, say, a column to a row? I imagine it should be very simple, but I haven't found out how yet. For instance: row# 1 data 1 2 data 2 3 data 3 4 data 4 to column# 1 2 3 4 data1 data2 data3 data4 ...

Address Labels in Access 2007?
I had no trouble creating labels in the previous version of Access, but I have problems with Access 2007. It makes me "jump through hoops" t open the old labels, from Access 97, what few there are that are left. I don't know how to create the database for the labels in ACcesss 2007. Help, please. Thanks on the Create ribbon in the Reports group there is an icon for Labels Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/LearnAccessByCrystal Access Basics http://www.AccessMV...

how to hide a empty txtbox and show a label??
Hello Guys, I have a report and I'm trying to do the following: If a record has a null value for "Worker" then I want to show a label called "Vacant". I've tried to put the following in various placed (using the code button) but can't seem to figure it out. The report is based on a join query from 2 tables, one table "MasterData" contains the people and "Jobs" contains the various information about the jobs (payrange, hiredate etc...) TIA, _Bigred Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me!Worker) Then Me!Worker.Visib...

SUM cells in column based upon criteria in two others.
Can not seem to put together a formula that accomplishes the following: Column J contains contributions by individuals for 2010 Column I contains contributions by individuals made in 2009 Column N contains an indicator (+ - or 0) of the increase or decrease over the two years Column P contains a designation of which members are new members. I need a formula that looks at column I cells against column J cells, totals the contributions made be each of the criteria in column N, but does NOT include those with any designation in column P. Example of the data: I ...

Creating column
I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Hi, Type 2001 in any one cell (say G1) and then in G2, type =G1+1. COpy this formula down -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "AAA1986" <AAA1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6850AC6B-AD98-4AE3-9ABA-D81D06583052@microsoft.com... > I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. > > Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 ...

Dropbox on each cell of column
Is it possible to have a dropbox appear on each line of a column similar to having a combo box on a form in the datasheet view in Access? Yes there is. If you open the "Forms" tool bar, you can select either a drop down box or a list box. Once you place it on your sheet, right click on it and select "format control", then select the "control" tab. The top line (input range) points to the row or column of cells that you want to appear within the box. The second line (cell range) points to a cell in which a number will appear based on what line within the inp...

Why doesn't the code create a column stacked chart?
Hi again...im sorry to ask for help so much, but charts vba is tricky ... I try to create a column stacked chart of three bars containing each three different values, much like Andy Pope's http://andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm The CHT_21QSBA_S, CHT_21QSBA_B and CHT_21QSBA_A ranges are each three different cells (name CHT_21QSBA_S = A1,B5,Q3) and I thought this together with stating charttype=xlcolumnstacked should create a stacked chart - but it make 9 bars instead... Why? .... Set cht = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("R_Q_" & Sheet1.Range("RAPP_TILLF").Value ...

Sorting Columns on HTML file created in Excel
Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't find the answer to this.. I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible. Any help appreciated! Thanks, -- Rob Hi Terri and Rob, You could include the JavaScript (Bookmarklet) within your HTML cod...

How to Add Columns to "Blank" MS Project?
Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I click on File/New? I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names Renamed on every Project file I open. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi TKGerdie, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a = template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template. ...

auto position of data labels in a line chart
Hi All Does anybody know of a way of automatically having data labels either positioned above or below depending on another cell value? Basically when I update data behind a series of charts, sometimes (depending on the values) its best to have the value labels above and sometimes below. I want the chart to know which is best automatically without me clicking on each series of data labels and manually changing them. I was thinking I could link this condition to a cell (in which I would have a formula telling it what to do). I think the only way that this could be done would be withi...

Business Contacts
Just found this site - exciting to learn from the experts! I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. Now all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). Each individual contact still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this explanation makes sense. Thanks so much in advance. . Sub...

wmp10 "choose columns" greyed out
This may be a duplicate post. My computer crashed while I was posting it, so I don't know if it went through. Anyway, my problem is with WMP10. There used to be an option to see the song titles (probably an older version), and I don't see that anymore. Under "All music" there is "Artist/Album" and all I see is the artist. I went to "View" to try and add columns, and the option for "choose columns" is greyed out. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm not too familiar with WMP (was using WINAMP) so any help would be appreciated. ...

Label Visible Problem
I have a listbox on my form called [listNoClient] and a label [lableNoClient], I am trying to make the lable Invisible when the list box is Null, and Visible when the listNoClient Not Null.....................Thanks for any help................Bob What is the value of the Multiselect property of the listbox? -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:f2888t$21c$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > > > I have a listbox on my form called [listNoClient] and a label > [lableNoClient], I am trying to make the lable Invisible when ...

how to merge data from multiple columns to one column
I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge these three into one column? Try... =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 for the format John T. Smith OR =C1&", "&A1&" "&B1 for the format Smith, John T. Hope this helps! In article <24D1088D-0AB1-4910-BF0E-37D8D7A4C056@microsoft.com>, "w8ting4hlp" <w8ting4hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge > these three into one column? ...

Cell Greater Than Cell in Adjacent Column
A B C D 1 112.44 106.92 Y is A1>B4 2 104.90 96.03 N is A2>B4 3 109.71 103.46 N is A3>B4 4 115.74 111.50 Y is A4>B8 5 111.55 110.40 N is A5>B8 6 112.85 112.56 N is A6>B8 7 113.27 113.80 N is A7>B8 8 118.58 114.59 Y is A8>B9 9 118.25 115.85 Y is A9>B12 10 99.75 115.83 N is A10>B12 11 100.25 104.14 N is A11>B12 12 103.69 101.00 Y is A12>B13 13 103.58 99.84 Y is A13>B14 14 107.99 100.75 Y is A14>B15 15 106.33 104.27 I have two columns to which data is entered at the top by inserting a blank row and then adding the data points. The formula that I would ...

One cell from several sheets to one column
I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets. I want to copy the same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column. The worksheets have unique names. Is a macro the easiest way to move the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab, so I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately? Thanks, Kel Examples of sheet names and what cell you want? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------------------------------------...

Rows and Columns
I am using Excel XP Each worksheet has 65,536 rows and 256 columns according to specifications. Is there a way to change these number to a smaller amount? I know I can hide rows and columns, but wondering if I can not have them to start them. TIA Bill The short answer is NO. Just don't format more than you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZDOIT" <Please@smile.com> wrote in message news:dxupc.98556$Ik.7697285@attbi_s53... > I am using Excel XP > > Each worksheet has 65,536 rows and 256 columns according to specifications. > >...

I have a column of data and I'd like to transpose it to go across.
I have a column of data going down that I'd like to transpose to go across the page so that I can add this info to data going across the page. I mean for example, I have data Jan, Feb, Mar, going down the page and I'd like them to be going across like 1st Month, 2nd Month, 3rd Month etc., but they are going from top to bottom and I want them to go from right to left. I tried the Transpose function, however, when I went to click on the arrow to the Right of PASTE, there was no arrow. Any suggestions?? John Copy the data, right click in Cell where you want to begin paste, sel...

Failed to hide column with message "cannot shift object off sheet"
Hi, I've a Excel 2000 worksheet that has 173 columns (A to FQ) with comments in a number of cells. I can't hide columns (say E:BW) with error message "cannot shift object off sheet". I searched into Microsoft Knowledgebase and found article 211769. I followed the resolution but stopped at step "3." where I can't find "Comment" of Format menu. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? Thanks, Frankie What is in columns FR through IV? If nothing, columns FR:IV and Right-click on a selected columns header - select "Delete. -- HTH...

Crosstab Row Heading Issues
Hi, I have Access 2003 and when I do a cross tab I cannot bring in more than 3 field values for row headings - my coworker (who has Access 97) can bring in >3 row headings. Is this a paremter setting in Access 2003? Thanks, Mike I believe that the Wizard can't handle more than 3; however, you can do more with SQL. Try creating a crosstab with the three headings, them modifying it at SQL level to add more. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "mike" wrote: > Hi, > > I have Access 2003 and...

Labels #8
How do I import data from a data file to be printed onto labels in Microspft publisher. Hi Jlabels (Jlabels@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I import data from a data file to be printed onto labels in || Microspft publisher. Check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=92 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Sum of Column
I am trying to print a physical inventory with the total cost at the bottom. How can i do this? Thanks ...

VBA Macro change column contents
I have a column in a worksheet which has a list of 3 digit numbers. I want to change the 3 digits to become 4 digits, the new fourth digit has to be a leading zero, i.e 355 to become 0355. I prefer the format of the digits to be a number but a text format would not be a problem. The length of the digits in the column are not static. i.e one month there may be 200 rows of data the next might be 300 and I would want the macro to cater for this variation. Thanks -- James James, A macro simply isn't necessary, select the column and apply a custom format of 0000 that...

Resetting values based on change in cells of other column
I need help with doing the following logic in my worksheet A B C 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 3 3 2 4 1 2 5 2 I want column C to restart its incrementing whenever column switches to a new value. Any help would be appreciated. From you example, you want column C to increment unless Column A changes manually put 1 in C1 first Put =IF(A2=A1,C1+1,1) in cell C2 and copy down. -- Gary's Student "NSteinner" wrote: > I need help with doing the following...