cntl+f does not find data that I can see in chart

I have two spreadsheets.  In ss 1 there are names that are linked from ss 2.
When I use ctrl+f to find the names, they are not found, even though I can
see that they are there. Any help is appreciated.

It is not finding it in the usual way because it is not really there. If you
click the cell you will see the formula bar says Sheet1!A1 or whatever the
cell is.

To allow Control+f to find text, in the Find dialog box, click Options to
expand the box. Under Look in: change Formulas to Values. That should do it.

HTH

Guy

"mathew" wrote:

> I have two spreadsheets.  In ss 1 there are names that are linked from ss 2.
> When I use ctrl+f to find the names, they are not found, even though I can
> see that they are there. Any help is appreciated.

0
GuyLydig (8)
8/4/2006 6:34:02 AM
Guy,

Thank you for the help.  That is exactly what I was looking for.

Mathew

"Guy Lydig" wrote:

> It is not finding it in the usual way because it is not really there. If you
> click the cell you will see the formula bar says Sheet1!A1 or whatever the
> cell is.
>
> To allow Control+f to find text, in the Find dialog box, click Options to
> expand the box. Under Look in: change Formulas to Values. That should do it.
>
> HTH
>
> Guy
>
> "mathew" wrote:
>
> > I have two spreadsheets.  In ss 1 there are names that are linked from ss 2.
> > When I use ctrl+f to find the names, they are not found, even though I can
> > see that they are there. Any help is appreciated.

How can I rearrange the toolbars?
I've just now installed IE8 and I've checked the help files but am unable to find out how I can change to order of the toolbars. I am using RoboForm and I would really like to have it as the lowest toolbar. Any help greatly appreciated? Thanks, Lorraine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Customization in IE8: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/04/20/customization-in-ie8.aspx Customize IE8...to fit your needs http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/08/29/customize-ie8-beta-2-to-fit-your-needs.aspx Many third-party toolbars have their own, ...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

can someone explain what the icons mean
I have a question about the icons next to the email headings. for instance what does the little "i" mean next to the envelope that means it has tracking info attached. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visit...

Export data in XML through Web Services
I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this data in a XML format. I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute. Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class? Thanks in advance -------------------------------------------- Massimo Rizzotto -------------------------------------------- can you show us the code now, and show us what you are getting on the wire and show us what you would like to get on the wire? This article http://www.15secon...

How to find cells with links to other workbooks?
I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there a easy wy of finding such links? Hi you may try http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "Bathonian" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other > workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there > a easy wy of finding such links? ...

Line Chart #13
Hi, The following is my data and I need to chart this. Is it possible to have a range in one cell? Thanks for your help in advance Experience (Years) Large Medium Small 1 $90,000-$100,000 $75,000-90,000 $65,000-78,000 2 $92,000-100,000 $80,000-95,000 $75,000-85,000 3 $105,000-130,000 $90,000-100,000 $85,000-95,000 4 $117,000-150,000 $100,000-115,000 $90,000-110,000 5 $140,000-170,000 $115,000-130,000 $100,000+ 6 $140,000-190,000 $135,000+ $100,000+ 7 $170,000-250,000 $135,000+ $110,000+ ...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

Can I switch axes in a Worksheet?
Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter data in the current setup but now it may be easier to analyze the data if I can switch the axes. Can it be done?? Again, I would just like to switch the x and y axes in the worksheet... Amy wrote: > Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter > data in the current setup but now it may be easier to > analyze the data if I can switch the axes. ... Select the data and use Edit >> Copy Then go to another worksheet and select a cell (like A:1). Then use Edit >> Paste special >> Tra...

Can't activate trial version
I just bought the trial version of Publisher 2003 and I can't get it to activate. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice, double checking the Product Key on the folder, but it keeps telling me that it's an invalid number. And, of course, there's no "support" provided by Microsoft. This is VERY frustrating. Any suggestions? By the way, the "activate by telephone" option isn't available on the trial, so I can't even call them. HELP! I'm unsure what the exact issue is. Are you unable to complete the installation because the program...

QUESTION- Simpler Way to Add a Data Series to Other Graphs?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

Can't get out of selection? Assistance would be most appreciated...
Perhaps I have done something inadvertently. I am in an Excel workbook and I appear to be in the middle of selecting a block of cells. Everytime I move the cursor, the cell selection area changes. I can't Esc out, or use the Enter key. Mousing over the menu, the menu does not respond. Rather silly really, but I desperately need to use this workbook and nothing seems to function. Even when the cursor is moving over the menu items, the cells selected in the workbook area still seems to be changing. I can't use the menu - the arrow keys don't work. Does anyone know how to &quo...

Excel 2007 chart color change based on the label.
I have 12 charts 1 for each person and the data changes every week and some of the values have 0 so are filtered out. On the chart I want 0-15 to be blue, 16-30 to be light purple, 31-60 to be a cream color, 61-90 to be light blue, and 90+ to be dark purple. With the code below I can change the color if I take the if statement out but I would like to change the color based on the label. I have tried several things like .text, .name, and .label. I just can't fine the right name. Name1 0-15 1 61-90 1 90+ 3 Name 2 0-15 14 16-30 5 31-60 1 61-90 6 90+ 12 For i = 1 To A...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...

can't apply Office 2008 1224 update
List members: I regrettably was talked into reinstalling Office 2008 for the Mac on my Intel Mac running OS 10.6.2. Everything is fine except that I can't get Office 2008-1224 Update to apply. My HD appears with a yellow triangle over it, saying the update is inapplicable. I've tried trashing the product ID as Microsoft's web page suggests; no luck. No trial copies of Office anywhere on my HD. Would appreciate any advice; thanks in advance. - Mark Pavlick This is identical to the problem I reported on 25 March (Installing Office 2008). In my case the prob...

Boxplot and Whisker Chart
Hello, I use the chart wizard\custom chart\Line on 2 axes to draw boxplot and whisker chart with percentage on the left y axes and quality on the right y axes but it doesn't show right like the others chart. Anyone know how to draw the Line on 2 axes or Line-column on 2 axes for Boxplot and Whisker Chart? Thanks, ...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...