Check book register template

I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it. Until I
need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature in the
Balance column doesn't work.
What did I do wrong?
How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to get the
Balance feature to work.
Thanks for your help
--
JM Hazel
0

When you insert a new, empty, row into a checkbook, you are usually
introducing a blank cell into a column containing formulae.  You need to
continue the formulae through the blanks.

1. find a blank cell with a formula above
2. select  the cell and touch CNTRL-D  this will copy the formula from the
cell above
3. select the cell below the new (previously blank) cell and touch CNTRL-D
again
--
Gary's Student

"JM Hazel" wrote:

> I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it. Until I
> need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature in the
> Balance column doesn't work.
> What did I do wrong?
> How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to get the
> Balance feature to work.
> Thanks for your help
> --
> JM Hazel
0
GarysStudent (1572)
11/10/2005 12:28:50 AM
I'm having the same difficulty of finding a way to extend/lengthen my balance
template. The Ctrl+D works great - I didn't know that - very handy. But it
seems to only work for existing cells. I need more than the 12 rows allotted
in this template. There doesn't seem to be any "insert rows" available. I'm
using Excel 2002. What are we missing?
Thanks for any more help on this.
Becky

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> When you insert a new, empty, row into a checkbook, you are usually
> introducing a blank cell into a column containing formulae.  You need to
> continue the formulae through the blanks.
>
> 1. find a blank cell with a formula above
> 2. select  the cell and touch CNTRL-D  this will copy the formula from the
> cell above
> 3. select the cell below the new (previously blank) cell and touch CNTRL-D
> again
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "JM Hazel" wrote:
>
> > I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it. Until I
> > need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature in the
> > Balance column doesn't work.
> > What did I do wrong?
> > How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to get the
> > Balance feature to work.
> > Thanks for your help
> > --
> > JM Hazel
I like the Checkbook register template for basic use, too.  Does anyone know
how to add a formula to the column named "C" so that cleared checks can be
checked off and my checkbook can be balanced automatically?
--
J.

"JM Hazel" wrote:

> I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it. Until I
> need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature in the
> Balance column doesn't work.
> What did I do wrong?
> How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to get the
> Balance feature to work.
> Thanks for your help
> --
> JM Hazel
0
Joyce (21)
1/19/2006 4:27:02 PM
Hi Joyce

One way would be to add a column I called Cleared balance.
Click on the column header for column H to select it, click the Format
painter icon, then click column I, and that will get the appearance the
same.
In cell I6 enter =H6
In cell I7 enter =$I$6-SUMPRODUCT(--($E$7:E7="x"),--($F$7:F7-$G$7:G7))
and copy down.
Then, if you put an   x   in column E (Labelled "C"), then column I will
reflect the cleared balance down to that transaction.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I like the Checkbook register template for basic use, too.  Does anyone
>know
> how to add a formula to the column named "C" so that cleared checks
> can be
> checked off and my checkbook can be balanced automatically?
> --
> J.
>

> "JM Hazel" wrote:
>
>> I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it.
>> Until I
>> need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature
>> in the
>> Balance column doesn't work.
>> What did I do wrong?
>> How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to
>> get the
>> Balance feature to work.
>> Thanks for your help
>> --
>> JM Hazel

0
roger5293 (1125)
1/19/2006 6:14:26 PM
Thanks, it took a while to "translate" your formula into the template I had
already modified to suit my needs but, it WORKED!!!
--
J.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi Joyce
>
> One way would be to add a column I called Cleared balance.
> Click on the column header for column H to select it, click the Format
> painter icon, then click column I, and that will get the appearance the
> same.
> In cell I6 enter =H6
> In cell I7 enter =$I$6-SUMPRODUCT(--($E$7:E7="x"),--($F$7:F7-$G$7:G7))
> and copy down.
> Then, if you put an   x   in column E (Labelled "C"), then column I will
> reflect the cleared balance down to that transaction.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> "Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I like the Checkbook register template for basic use, too.  Does anyone
> >know
> > how to add a formula to the column named "C" so that cleared checks
> > can be
> > checked off and my checkbook can be balanced automatically?
> > --
> > J.
> >

> > "JM Hazel" wrote:
> >
> >> I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it.
> >> Until I
> >> need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature
> >> in the
> >> Balance column doesn't work.
> >> What did I do wrong?
> >> How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to
> >> get the
> >> Balance feature to work.
> >> Thanks for your help
> >> --
> >> JM Hazel

0
Joyce (21)
1/20/2006 1:06:02 AM
Hi Joyce

Thanks for the feedback. That's the problem when one doesn't know
anything about the layout at the other end. I just worked off the
standard template. Glad you managed to sort it all out though.

--

> Thanks, it took a while to "translate" your formula into the template
> I had
> already modified to suit my needs but, it WORKED!!!
> --
> J.
>

> "Roger Govier" wrote:
>
>> Hi Joyce
>>
>> One way would be to add a column I called Cleared balance.
>> Click on the column header for column H to select it, click the
>> Format
>> painter icon, then click column I, and that will get the appearance
>> the
>> same.
>> In cell I6 enter =H6
>> In cell I7 enter
>> =$I$6-SUMPRODUCT(--($E$7:E7="x"),--($F$7:F7-$G$7:G7))
>> and copy down.
>> Then, if you put an   x   in column E (Labelled "C"), then column I
>> will
>> reflect the cleared balance down to that transaction.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Roger Govier
>>

>> "Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I like the Checkbook register template for basic use, too.  Does
>> >anyone
>> >know
>> > how to add a formula to the column named "C" so that cleared checks
>> > can be
>> > checked off and my checkbook can be balanced automatically?
>> > --
>> > J.

0
roger5293 (1125)

Manual Checks appearing in Check Edit Lists
We marked some invoices as manually paid and posted them. We built a batch today by selecting checks in noticed on the Check Edit List, these manual payments appear - as a $0 check. When I perform an inquiry on the vendor account, the original invoice and payment are appearing as History items as they should; however, the $0 check is showing as a WORK item. I do not understand this - can anyone shed some light on this subject? ...

how to check unicode is supported ?
hi i know the list of OS which support unicode and which not support. i want to check runtime if unicode is supported or not by OS .. is there any way to check Unicode is supported by OS ? not by OS List thanks in advance. p2 On 24 May 2007 23:38:32 -0700, p2 <pradip.patel@einfochips.com> wrote: >i know the list of OS which support unicode and which not support. > >i want to check runtime if unicode is supported or not by OS .. I would get info about the OS, using code like this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724429.aspx If you have Windows NT, 2K, XP, Vis...

Unable to book resource via server
I'm posting this in the server forum since I think it's a server issue and not a client issue. When someone created a meeting with a resource it says the server must be online to do this. We just moved from a Exch2000 server to a Exch2003 server. If the Exch2000 server is "down" it will not work, once it's back up.. it allows the meeting to get assigned. What am I missing that I haven't moved to the new exchange server? Thanks AlbertP Did you replicate the System Public Folders to the 2003 server? Specifically the Free/Busy public folder? what do you have ...

Spell Check in CRM
This needs to be added. We shouldn't have to look for other software to do spell check ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2513f7c0-b830-4291-a2cb-53b92f...

Outlook Address Book and Distribution List.
So why doesn't Outlook 2002's address book show up as items I can select for the distribution list? I added some without email addresses and none of them are available to add. I am chosing Contacts... Thanks, Mike You lost me. If these Contacts have no email address, why would you want to add them to a DL? DL's are a group of email addresses. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike Klick" <mike@grayce.net> wrote in message news:%23$7yWTQPEHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > So why doesn't Outlook 2002's address book show up as items I can select for &g...

Auto Accept Agent Double Booking Support
Hello, Is it possible to configure the Auto Accept Agent to support double booking? We have some resources that need to allow that. Thank You. ...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 09-23-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 SBN: 978-1-4461-4031-4 / Copyright: ilias el issaoui / Language: English /page : 460 / file : pdf This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportuni...

Enabling Spell Check in Protected Worksheet
Is there any way without using VBA to enable Spell Check in a Protected Worksheet? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt The only solution is to use the selection change event and check to see if the current cell is locked. If not locked then unprotect the sheet. Something like this. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Me.Protect If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Locked = False Then Me.Unprotect End Sub Note that the spell check can/will operate on the entire sheet so if there are spelling issues elsewhere in the sheet the ...

Can I use macros and templates in Word for MAC?
I have a collection of macros and templates I have created for the PC (Word 2003). Can they be used on a MAC? Thank you "Angie M." <AngieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F6796EB-F837-4D01-88D6-653BEBBAB821@microsoft.com... >I have a collection of macros and templates I have created for the PC (Word > 2003). Can they be used on a MAC? > > Thank you Depends which version of Word for Mac you are using. Mac Word 2008 does not support VBA, so you would have to rewrite all your macros in Applescript. The templates you can conv...

check box
hi all i am a beginner. i've created four check boxes, how to validate that atleast one check box is selected using DDV function. thanks & regards mani ...

Excel Template Wizard, Very Large File Size
Background: Excel 2000. I created a spreadsheet and used the template wizard that links to an Access 2000 database. The template was later used to create one record and saved as a spreadsheet. The database also contains this one record. Spreadsheet and database work fine. Later I reduced the Access field size properties (none are larger than 150, most are less than 50). There are 35 fields. Unexpected result: The Excel spreadsheet (template) and the linked Access database are huge. The spreadsheet is 35MB and the associated Access 2000 database is 24MB. Each contains one record (a si...

username & password check
Hi, I have a workbook of which I have usernames (column A:A) and passwords (column B:B) on Sheet3. I have some tables, forms etc. on Sheet1 but I want to allow using this page to people only which can input matching username&password with Sheet3. Can anyone suggest VBA solutions?. TIA Hi Jack, create a small form with 2 fields, one for the username the other for the password. Call it up from the ThisWorkbook.Workbook_Open event and search for the username then match the password. sub cmdOKButton() with sheet3.UsedRange CurRow=1 Do Until IsEmpty(Cells(CurRow, 1)) 'Synt...

checking out files from library
New to Sharepoint. When we check out a doc, it checks out, but nothing else happens--doc doesn't open, no dialog box appears, it's not saved anywhere. It will only open (and offer a dialog box regarding check-out) when you click the Edit Word doc option. Any idea on how to resolve? BTW, we use Word 2003, which doesn't allow dicating where offline files are checked out. Thx-- Jack, When you tell SharePoint to "check out" that's what it does. It doesn't know, unless you tell it, that you want to edit it. Instead, only use the "Edit wit...

Check boxes to run queries
Hi, I want to use check boxes to choose criteria. I was to return a table for the following data: Invoice number, Customer number country, part number, qty, value etc. There are 5 countries, I want to have a check box for each so we can choose which ones to include, and then click GO. How do I do this? I am new to this. Thanks Natalie On Fri, 28 May 2010 06:25:01 -0700, Natalie <Natalie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm not sure I understand. Typically an invoice is for a customer, and that customer has a billing address in some country. Why would you...

APA Template
I am new at using the APA template in Word 2007, the first few papers it was pretty easy , but now my last paper after I saved and submitted it, the header and page numbers dissapear. 2 questions , #1 how can i delete pages on a template without messing up the APA format , # 2 why when I save my document ,the header and page number dissapear. ( i dont need all those extra pages at the end after references , and i want to erase the preprinted text explaining the APA format), what is the best way to do this, any word 2007 expert using APA template please help. -- Old new college stud...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

HELP: Trying to a word template with name from userform at a diff
Hi All, I want to export details from excel userform to a word template and save it at a different file. So basically once the user clicks the Export to word button this should happen: -Opens up a dialog window(to select the word template) - User Selects the word template (I have a specific word template designed) - the template is then "SAVED AS" a seperate word file at a specific location(mentioned in code below) But what is happening is, When user clicks the button and selects the template, the data is exported to that template, and its not saved in a differen...

Create Calendar mtg invite template to avoid retyp'g conf no's?
I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new invite. How do I do this? In what version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "GM" wrote: > I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my > conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new > invite. How do I do this?...

Check out this patch for Windows
--dhomhmfok Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uidiflrgcwe"; type="multipart/alternative" --uidiflrgcwe Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vuxxeotbbjc" --vuxxeotbbjc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your ...

check ADO connection
In my code, I check to see if I have a valid ADODB connection with this code: Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection If cnn.State <> adStateOpen Then Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection cnn.Open fstrADODBConnectionString() End If I am getting an error "object variable not set" on the first line of the "if" statement. The fstrADODBConnectionString is fine. I use it numerous places. Is it complaining because it doesn't know what cnn is? This line should be checking to see if the connection is open and open it if not. What am I missing? -- sam ...

address book layout
Hello, When I try to insert an address in Word I get this message word could not insert the address. one or more address fields are missing from the selected address book pick another address book or change your address layout and try again I tried to change the address layout and still can't get it to work. I want to delete the whole thing ,reinstall the file and retype the addresses. Tia, Bill ...

Change owner of a template in P12
Hi, is there any possibility to change the owner of a template? Usually project owners can be changed in the Project Center of Project Server 2007, but templates are not shown in the Center - or am I mistaken in that point? Background: A user created a template on the server and is thus the owner of the template. But we would like to change this owner to be another user. Thanks for your suggestions! The template owner, which has no meaning in the grand scheme of things, is always the person who saved the template to the server. If you want to change the owner, then dele...

Netscape address book to Outlook 2003 #2
Does anyone know how to successfully transfer the address book from Netscape 7.2 to Outlook 2003? I have a lot of end users that are using Netscape and are being forced into switching over to Outlook. Any help would be great fully appreciated. Dan (Still going in circles) Dan (Still going in circles) "skip" <wi1202@dropthistoemailmecitlink.net> wrote in message news:357n335ko0ldp4an3n68ea6t17pfn2i463@4ax.com... > Does anyone know how to successfully transfer the address book from > Netscape 7.2 to Outlook 2003? I have a lot of end users that are using > Netscape an...

Small Book Template
I am looking for a Publisher template for a paperback size book (any size will do though). I'm looking for a template that has all the necessary formatting to send to a printer as well as the necessary pages in the front and back. Thanks in advance. Dianne Siebold Dianne, Check with your printer first. You may find they don't use Publisher. I love the program myself but I've learned that the publishing world isn't as enamored as I am. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "...

In a book how can I jump into the Table Of contents from anyplace
I have written a book "Box Building With Merle" using Microsoft Office 2007. Its written using a lot of reference to appendix topics, that can be jumped into from the table of contents. After reading the appendix topic is there some way I can then jump back into the table of contents? On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:54:01 -0800, Box Builder Merle <Box Builder Merle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have written a book "Box Building With Merle" using Microsoft Office 2007. >Its written using a lot of reference to appendix topics, that can be jumped &...