Chart template?

I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table.  The chart has the
various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the
chart to show.  I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts,
colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes
back to the default.  I have looked for a place to save as a template, or
defaults without luck.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Alan

0
alan7147 (17)

How do I find a template I downloaded to Publisher?
I downloaded a template fom the microsoft site to use in Publisher 2003. I closed the page since I didn't want to use it right away, but now I can't find it. I looked in the "new from a design" pane, but it isn't listed anywhere. Where should I be looking to retrieve the template? If you didn't save it, then it is still at Microsoft. Could be in your temp folder. In Windows Explorer address bar type %temp% , Try, file, new, templates, scroll down to the bottom. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com...

static colors in chart chart
I have an excel chart which is derived from a pivot table. The pivot table is updated on a weekly basis and I then print the chart. The values in the Y-axis stay constant as well as the serie names. The problem I'm having is that even if I change the legend color to be to my liking, when-ever I update the pivot table the chart automatically re-applies it's own color codes to the legend. Is there any way around this? a common way to handle this issue is to set up a sheet to print your graph from and copy the data in the pivot table and paste onto the new sheet. Then generate y...

Question on the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes)
How do I modify the Feature Comparison shape (in Charting Shapes) with more than 10 rows/columns in Visio 2007 I'm trying to build a chart that is 12 columns, by 18 rows. The shape is "mis-behaving" when I try to change it. Thank you! JLH Hello JLH, The Feature Comparison shape is really a grouped shape that contains 10 rows and 10 columns that you choose to reveal or hide depending on the custom properties you set ('Set Fields...'). So if you want to extend this you can either edit the shape and add more rows and columns to the group (bear in mind that each ...

customizing charts
I am trying to customize a vertical bar chart, where the x axis is the areas being measured and the y axis is the units of measurement. I have been trying to shade a particular range within the overall plot area, not the entire area. Specifically, the y axis range goes from 40 all the way to 160. I just want to shade or fill in a specific range (85 to 115) within that overall range. Is there a way to have that range (85-115) shaded only and the other ranges (116 and higher, and 84 and lower) left untouched? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Hi, The technique describe here w...

make invitation template
I I'm making invitations templates on publisher and everything seem right. i would like to be able to send them to my friends. i made my own wedding invites and they were really nice so everybody want me to help with theirs.I want to know if i send them to people that do not have publisher how would they be able to open it . i would like them to be able the invitation but only the wording of but not the actual template like the color of the design ,how would i do that ? THank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugges...

Date display on chart
I am using Excel 2007, Windows XP Sp2 and I am a newbie to Excel. I have a diabetic program so when my readings are entered into a Palm T3 pda, after syncing, the program uses Excel 2007 to chart the results. Looking at the data cells, the date is formated as dd.mm.yy. Looking at the bottom of the Excel chart, it only shows dd.mm and no year. I would like the chart to show mm.dd.yy when Excel graphs my diabetic readings. When opening the data file, a pop up says it is a "read-only" file. Am I able to change the bottom of the chart to show the dates as mm.dd.yy? If you can, then ho...

Template lookup to SQL Server DB value
I want to build a module that does the following for multiple Word templates: 1. Request the user to input a policy# 2. Look up the policy info in a table in SQL Server Database with the policy # 3. Populate fields in the template (name, address, etc) What is the best way to accomplish this? The data I need is in one table in the database, dbo.STAT1. I want to be able to save this module to a bunch of templates to automatically run when the template is opened. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! I have some starting points for this, but nothing more than that. If...

Flipping the chart
Is there an easy way to flop columns and rows? Meaning, I want to make row 1 be column 1, row 2 to column 2, etc. Thanks! Eric Try using Copy and then Paste/Special/Transpose. Andy. "Eric" <wxrocks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:083e01c38112$9b85fdb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to flop columns and rows? Meaning, I > want to make row 1 be column 1, row 2 to column 2, etc. > > Thanks! Eric wrote: > Is there an easy way to flop columns and rows? Meaning, I > want to make row 1 be column 1, row 2 to column 2, etc. > > Thanks!...

Copy chart of accounts
I am trying to copy the chart of accounts from Fabrikam to a newly created company. I am running SQL 2005 and GP 9.0. I am following the steps from article 866332 in the knowledge base. I perform the steps but when I try to execute the pprocess, I get the following errors: Operation stopped... - Initializing Data Flow Task (Success) - Initializing Connections (Success) - Setting SQL Command (Success) - Setting Source Connection (Success) - Setting Destination Connection (Success) - Validating (Error) Messages * Error 0xc0202049: Data Flow Task: Failure inserting i...

Templates help, Excel 2003
I have soem templates that I store in a shared folder in a mapped driv over a peer to peer network. The folder is teh alterante stratu folder (Z:\\XLSTART). When I do File, new, I see the links to m templates, but they wont load. If I click in the "On my computer link, the dialog box will pop up, the templates will be there but the wont load! Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com bump -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, the alternate startup folder isn't usually used for templates--in fact, it's not usually used (that I've s...

Lock Chart Display to last 14 days (or data points)
I have some tables that are updated daily with a data point. I would like the chart to just display the most recent 14 days without having to manually change the source data range each time a new point is added. Any ideas? Thanks This page shows a chart of the most recent 12 months. Change a couple constants, and it'll do your last 14 days: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ toilinthedark wrote: > I have some tables that ...

Plot Area Changes in Charts
Hi. I have a spreadsheet that has several hundred embedded charts. The data is updated monthly and the charts automatically update themselves. The problem is that when the data is updated on the charts, the plot area reverts to some default size which does not take advantage of alot of the chart size. I don't want to go to each chart every month and manually increase the plot area. Any ideas? Thanks. Jeff G I forgot to mention that the files are excel 2003. "Jeff Gross" wrote: > Hi. I have a spreadsheet that has several hundred embedded charts. The data > ...

charting two stocks as candlesticks in same graph
Hi, I want to graph in one same candlestick chart two stocks over the same period. how do i do that? can i do it for two dif time periods as well? i.e. in same graph i want feb-jun of year 1 and feb-jun of year 3 of the same stock/index . One set of OHLC can go on the primary axis and the other on the secondary axis. This is a bit tricky to produce. Make a candlestick with the first set of OHLC. Copy the range with the second set, including the dates, select the chart, and use Edit menu > Paste Special to add the data as new series with the appropriate options. This messes up the can...

Chart sizes with window frame check box frozen in the checked stat
I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop. Under the Tools:Options menu there is a check box for "Chart sizes with window frame". It is currently checked. If I uncheck the box the check mark disappears, but when I click on "OK" nothing changes and the zoom box on the toolbar does not activate. When I open the Tools:Options menu again the check box is still checked. It will not turn off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without effect. I have compared settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktops at home and at work (where thing...

Most recent net worth figure on the "net worth over time" chart
It sometimes differs from the "total account balance" shown on the "account list", but most of the time remains the same. Shouldn't they be the same all the time? Right now, sometime it is much much bigger than the total account balance, giving me an illusion that I could retire now... Am I missing something? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

How to move a chart axis?
I have a chart with the vertical axis on the right side of the chart. How do I move it to the left side? Thank you. Hi, Right click on the x axis, Format axis, Scale and then check the box at the bottom so that the value (Y) axis crosses at maximum value. Dave "mytega" wrote: > I have a chart with the vertical axis on the right side of the chart. How do > I move it to the left side? Thank you. ...

bridge chart #3
Can I create a bridge analysis chart in either excel or powerpoint If you mean Waterfall Chart, yes. Here are a few articles: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Waterfall - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Anne B wrote: > Can I create a bridge analysis chart in either excel or powerpoint ...

2 scales in 1 chart
Hi, I'm using xl'97 and I'm trying to chart 2 different tables to 1 chart. To do this I would need XL to display 1 scale on left and another one on right sided of the chart and then chart both tables to 1 chart. Is this possible ? Thanks for help, Sirritys Plot both series on the chart. Then, double-click the series you want on the secondary (right) axis, and in the resulting dialog box, from the Axis tab, select 'Secondary'. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In art...

Formatting x axis in candlestick charts
Any folks know how to fix this problem in excel 2000. I have been drawing candlestick charts ok, but when I add the dates to the x axis the candles go really skinny and you can't make out their shape. Paul - This happens when you have a date-scale axis but your data is on a longer-that-daily basis (e.g., weekly). Excel keeps room for each day on the axis. Right click the chart, choose the Axes tab, and change the option under the Category Axis to Category (not Time Scale or Automatic). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/ind...

Urgent Chart Assistance
Good afternoon, I was askes to produce some charts this afternoon for our marketing team and I am trying to make a pic chart and bar chart for comparison based on the following example data. Office Names: Listings Sold Volume COMPANY A 34 COMPANY B 408 COMPANY C 321 COMPANY D 200 I've got a couple questions. * Regarding a bar chart: I want to produce a bar chart that shows these ...

embbed excel charts in word
hi i have embedded an excel chart into my word document. i did this through inserting->object->create from file and picking the excel file i wanted. this embedded the chart i wanted fine. the problem is the when i move bits of the chart. i want to move the legend so that it is in the graph area and not at the side. when i have the embedded chart active (you see the worksheet tabs and can select everything as if you were in excel) i can place the legend exactly where i want. unfortunately when i return into word the legend moved to a different location within the embedded chart. if ...

Restaurant Template
Does anyone know where I can get templates for Restaurant design? It is for a project and I do not have the time to rush out and learn CAD. Thanks in advance. Bart ...

3D Stacked Column Chart
Hi Team, I know how to do 2D stacked columns and separate 3D Column carts but I want to do a 3D Stacked column chart ie. 4 variables. I've explored links on similar discussions but have seen no example. I recognise the detrimental presentation risks on a 2D printout. Could you please advise? Thank you, Ditch It's not so much "detrimental presentation risks", it's detrimental comprehension risks. The chart will be difficult to read and impossible to understand. It's possible to build such a chart, but it requires you to build multiple 2D stacked columns with 3D e...

Automatic Update of Chart
Hello, I am looking for a way to update my chart's source data automatically on a daily basis. Each day a new row is added to my chart, therefore I have to change the source data every morning. A scheduled task runs which emails the spreadsheet every day. I tried using the OFFSET and COUNTA functions but when I email the spreadsheet the chart is empty. Is this because of the named ranges? If anyone can offer any other help I would be very grateful, Thanks, Brett Brett, there are multiple posts in here on dynamic charts. Also see http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dyn...

Customizing and changing the default country in Contacts template?
When entering telephone or address information in Contacts in Outlook 2007, the 'Country' field defaults to 'United States'. Can this default setting be made a user option to customize and change to another country. For users outside of the US, it is tedious to continually have to override it. Outlook will use whatever you have set as the location for your operating system. -- Russ Valentine "djwallac" <djwallac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B0C1448-EFB4-483D-BE9A-11F9723312F4@microsoft.com... > When entering telephone or ...