Chart template?

I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table.  The chart has the
various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the
chart to show.  I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts,
colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes
back to the default.  I have looked for a place to save as a template, or
defaults without luck.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Alan

0
alan7147 (17)

Template #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3F713.242C05D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Outlook 2002 and I would like to make a html template for new = message. How does one go about saving it as a template and reuse this = template for new message. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C3F713.242C05D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD H...

Chart series #3
Hi, I want to create a chart with data in A1:E10. Combine the four series into one. A = date b,c,d,e = data Excel 2007: one column, one series. Is there a way around the one column? Deleted the series legend but the data appears in four different shapes and colors. Thanks You can format the other three series to look like the first. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rene" <Rene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60208D30-C588-4E16-957C-40C...

Preparation of legal forms as templates
I have been a Word Perfect user for years but am now converting to Word. In Word Perfect if I wanted to create a form to be used over and over again I simply created a "new project" and inserted the variable fields into the form and then when I opened a project filled in the variable information and I had a completed form for use with deeds, wills, etc. I have researched extensively online and within the Word program itself but can't seem to locate a similar feature in Word other than Mail Merge which could do the job but really doesn't fit. Can anyone help ...

How do I preview a template in Word 2007 before opening it?
I have a series of similar-named templates - for legal reasons, they cannot be re-named. In the "old" version(s) of Word, there was a switch in Properties that allowed a preview picture to appear in the template selection window BEFORE selection. Is there such a facility in Word 2007? ie, Selecting "New", "My Templates", a selection of templates appear. A single click on each one used to bring up a preview picture. If anyone has the answer, I would be so greatful for the time it will save me! Best regards, -- Pete In the Save As dialog, check the &...

Using personal email template does not bring information into record
I have a copy of the salesperson role which I have modified and called ZSALES. The role has the ability to create personal email templates, however when I try to utilize the email template in my opportunity record it does not populate the body of the email. If I revert back to the standard "salesperson" role, it does populate the body of the email, therefore the issue must refer to a security role problem. I'm at a loss, does anyone have any ideas what controls the email template information populating the record. Please note that I am able to select the email template, it ju...

Template help EXCEL 2003
How can I keep template help from appearing each time I open a workbook which was created from a template? ...

Time Table Chart or Multiplication Chart
-- estella ...

create line chart with two axises in Pivot Chart
Hi, I want to show two data series: Sum of Turnovers and Sum of Turnover Assets in the pivot table simultaneously in the pivot chart. When I use a line chart, the data points from two series are just connected into one line. Even if I select Chart Type to be Line with Two Axises, it doesn't help. I could, as a compromise, use column charts which does show the data points separately, but they are all in the same color. I could also change individual colmn's color, but that's too laborious... Any help is appreciated. If you are seeing a single series, then the datapoints are...

Pie Chart
Hello. I am trying to create a pie chart with 10 labels each linked to a cell of the same value, so the pie pieces are of a uniform size. I would like to know if there is a way to color the pieces based on a conditional data from other cells? Specifically I am wanting to colors to be assigned in the following example: Red if cell=1 yellow if cell>1,<4 Green if cell>=4, <=5 Example: lets say label 1 is linked to A1 which has the value of 3, label 2 is linked to A2 which has a value of 4, and label 3 is linked to A3 which has a value of 1. The labels would be colored Yellow, Green, ...

Excel 2007
First, I must say that Excel 2007 charting is much worse to use than 97, 2000 or 2003! It is not intuitive as it was with previous versions! I created a very simple line chart. The problem I am experiencing is that is start my initial value at 0%, which is fine and then promptly goes upto 100% and stays there for all the other points. What I love even more is that when I place my cursor over each point it actually give the proper values (73%, 61%,...) but always displays the line at 100%??? Anyone ever seen this problem before? Thank you for your assistance, QB Doubl...

Problem with Stacking Column Chart
I want to do a stacking column chart which compares two values on the same column. Let's say Jan 03 in red and Jan 02 in blue. 03 value is 500, and 02 value is 800. I want it to show red column up to 500, and then blue column up to 800 (so it is just showing blue for 300 worth). The only thing I can get a stacked column to do is add them together. In other words, it puts the red up to 500, and then blue up to 1300. That's not what I want. I have messed around with 3D columns as well, and can get it to show it okay, but then if I have another column where the numbers may be re...

Create a 3D chart from a stacked bar and a column
I would like to create a 3 dimensional chart, based on a stacked bar chart. Specifically, I would like to give the individual elements of each stack different heights, in a 3rd dimension. Forinstance: Category A Element 1, Width 75, Height 10; Category A Element 2, Width 25, Height 15; Category B Element 1, Width 35, Height 5; Category B Element 2, Width 65, Height 25; For each category, elements 1 and 2 would be stacked to create a 100% bar (using the width); adding height is the challenge. Any ideas would be most appreciated. I don't understand what role width plays in the c...

pivot chart is it possible to hide individual field buttons? Layout Field buttons
Hi, I have a problem with a pivot Table. After creatin I have several Field buttons but now I want to hide all of those except for one page field button because I want others to use the filtering option of this singel field button but prefer to have normal Titles on all the Axes rather than field buttons. I know how to hide all of them but I cant find/write vb code to hide individual field buttons. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. - Matt ...

Shading between lines chart type.
Currently I have consturcted a chart that shows a line for each column. The chart has a median column, upper 80% column, upper 95% column, lower 80% column, and a lower 95% column. This works just fine using Excel. XlChartType.xlLine Now I would like a line showing the median, with shading up to the upper 80% and down to the lower 80% of one color, and shading from median to upper 95% and down to lower 95% another color. Since the upper 95% is always greater than upper 80% the shading showing the 95% levels would only show up between the 80% and 95% levels. The xl3DStacked type almos...

EPM Project Plan Template Publish Issue
I'm trying to save and publish a template and the publish is grayed out. Also we are noticing that the template that we originally published is hanging when someone tries to open/new from computer the template. Please advise. Thanks MK You need to have administrator role enable for your project server account when saving the template. -- Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA Wharton Computer Consulting, Inc "Managing Efficiency thru Technology" "MK" wrote: > I'm trying to save and publish a template and the publish is gray...

Need Help Charting Data #2
Thanks Julie. what are the headings for the column and how do you want to see th data I would like to see both columns besides date on 'Y' axis. Basically I would like to see the values in both column B and C for a given date Column 'B' is system physical memory and column 'C' is logical memor for the system on a given date. how many rows of data are we talking about There are approximately 3000 rows in this set of data. Each date ha approximately 96 readings except a few days where I have about 10 readings. what is the date range of the data (assuming 10-05-04...

How do I make a chart that will automatically calculate my bills .
I want to make a chart/graph that will have 3 columns where I can enter my bills and have them automatically calculated. !st column the name of company, Second column amount of bill, 3rd column auto calculate my balance after each amount entered from 2nd column. Help Please!! Thanks! ...

Excel Charts are greyed out! #2
On 2004-May-Tuesday - 09:00:32 was 12.41.208.227 ( Mozilla/4. (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ) with th following IP 12.41.208.227 on your boar ...

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

Charts #3
hi, i have data on different sheets in a workbook. the data on the first sheet is a name corresponding to which there is an amount in the next cell. On the second sheet too, the same name appears but with a different amount next to it. Is it possible to create a graph based on the two values. ...

Banded chart with Trend
I have several sets of data more complicated but similar to below where I'd like to chart the best Dept on the upper line, the worst dept on the lower line, the median in the middle and the trend. I want to expand for additional charts to include monthly totals, the % involving a particular category, locations within each dept etc. but thought I'd start out slow. I've looked at most of the posts and can't find anything exactly as I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dept FTE Actual 09 Actual 08 Actual 07 Actual 06 Dept 1 169 10 15 16 18 ...

Graphs and charts in Access 2007
I found a chart in an old Access 2000 database that I was able to copy/paste into my new application that seems to have no current design for in Access 2007, a stacked bar chart. Compared to creating charts and graphs in Excel, Access 2007 seems very limited in the variety of charts that can be created, and I don't remeber how I created that one. 1. A problem I have with the Stacked bar chart in Access is formatting the horizontal axis. Although the query passes dates to the chart for this axis, it doesn't use the earliest date as the beginning/minimum value of the char...

How do I change chart format default settings to my preference?
I am using Excel to make charts and would like the background to always be white instead of grey? The same applies in order to change the column colour defaults away from red and purple to personal choices. Hi, Have a look at Jon's article. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "colourchanger" <colourchanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94BEEF34-C97D-409A-B243-157533CD2E6B@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel to make charts and would like the backg...

Interactive Pie chart in PowerPoint
I have created an interactive Excel pie chart that enables the user to change the year to display with a set of radio dials within a group box. My colleague likes it so much that he was asking whether he can insert it in a PowerPoint presentation. It sounds like a non starter to me as I don't know how to make PowerPoint mimic Excel in this fashion. I was going to offer inserting a hyperlink in PowerPoint that takes him to the Excel worksheet where this pie chart resides. Alternatively, I was going to suggest inserting in his PowerPoint presentation static pictures of the chart. A...

Overlapping data series in 2 axis chart
I've got a chart with a primary and secondary axis, trend lines and bars. When it is plotted, the primary bar has been placed on top of the secondary axis bar. I have tried adjusting the gaps and overlap but this doesn't seem to have worked. Can anybody help please? Thanks Diane Jon Peltier has some instructions on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Diane wrote: > I've got a chart with a primary and secondary axis, trend > lines and bars. When it is plotted, the primary bar has > been placed on top of the ...