chart displaying horizontal line for zero data

Hello,
I am using a column chart in Excel.  The chart is currently
displaying a horizontal line when there are zeros for the data.  It is
working as it was designed to do...  however I would like to make the
graph not display a line when there is all zero data.  Is there an easy
way to fix this problem?

Thanks
Pseud

0
pseudonym

In place of zeros use =NA() This displays as #N/A and these points are
ignored by chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

<pseudonym@1NET.gr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am using a column chart in Excel.  The chart is currently
> displaying a horizontal line when there are zeros for the data.  It is
> working as it was designed to do...  however I would like to make the
> graph not display a line when there is all zero data.  Is there an easy
> way to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Pseud

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/31/2005 11:52:36 PM
Hi Bernard,
I tried this command =IF(E5 = 0, NA(), NA()) and the cell still
displays 0 when 0 is inputed into the cell.  Do you have any other
suggestions?

Thanks,
Pseud

0
pseudonym
2/1/2005 7:54:13 PM
Never mind.... i was creating a circular reference.

0
pseudonym

My charts are red
Why are my charts red? I thought it was my color printer, but I changed the cartridge. On print preview the charts, title, axis titles and everything else is red. How can I change it all back to black? Thanks, Sam ...

Mass Data Entry for a Junction Table
On my Junction table we track the employee and what education offerings they have attended. We have found that we have multiple employees attending the same offerings on the same day. (makes sense, if a class is offered one day you will about 20-30 people in that class) Is there any way to simplify the data entry process. Right now on the form the person doing data entry selects the employee, the education offering and the date. This has to be done for each attendee. What would be great would be to create a form that allows you to select a course and a date, and then select mult...

Data Type mismatch error 3464 in Dlookup
Here is the code: Private Sub id_Part_AfterUpdate() strFilter = "pm_Part = " & Me!id_Part Me!id_Unit = DLookup("pm_Retail", "Parts", strFilter) End Sub Hi. I am getting error 3464 Data Type mismatch when I run this code. The field id_Unit is on the form and is of the type Currency. The field pm_Retail is in the Parts table and is of the type Currency. The field id_Part is on the form. The field pm_Retail is in the Parts table. This seems simple enough but I can't figure out what the type mismatch is. I would appreciate any sugges...

CListCtrl with owner data and tooltip missing problem
I've a CListView derived class with owner data style and report view. My tooltip gets displayed and then overdrawn repeatedly. Traces in my lvn_getdispinfo and ttn_needtext handlers get called repeatedly. Are there known problems with tooltips and owner data? Any Ideas? Thanks, Jeff F ...

Benifits of tracking number on email subject line
According to the Techknowledge article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/techknowledge.aspx turning off the tracking number results in the loss of the Microsoft CRM system's ability to automatically track incoming e-mail. Can someone please explain which trcking functionality are we loosing here ? What are the other benifits of having the tracking number ? Thanks. Sorry, I didn't give the right link. http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp? id=34747&target=PS Document ID: 34747 >-----Original Message----- >According to the Techknowledge arti...

OWA public folder data does not match actual data
Viewing a public folder calendar through OWA does not match the contents when viewing it through Outlook 2002 or 2003. If I change an existing appointment or add a new appointment, the data shows up but random existing data does not show up in OWA. Running EX2K3 SP2 on Windows 2K3 SP1 Thanks, Brian How many public folder servers do you have? Are they perhaps looking at different replicas? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "B.E. Jorgenson" <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163007900.164594.135120@h48g...

Removing $ symbol from imorted data
When I import information from the web eg stock prices etc, some of it comes as $4.25 instead of 4.25. I cannot manipulate the data in this format and I have tried the Format - Cells - Number - Currency - None option but it does not work. Help apppreciated. Thanks Ricardo Try this: =VALUE(MID(A2,2,50)) Andy "Ricardo" <richwhiteoak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2a48e01c39233$a9941ef0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I import information from the web eg stock prices > etc, some of it comes as $4.25 instead of 4.25. I cannot > manipulate the data in this format and ...

Merging excel office data into a publisher office project(Australi
Having problems when I get to the point in the merge wizard "catalog merge template", with the DOB format to be entered into the membership card that I have made in Publisher. It reverts back to American date format. Could the problem be in the edit record section? All seems to be okay till then. I have checked the regional settings etc., all okay. When I have finished template of merge & highlighted the DOB field gone to language on tool bar and set language it still doesn't work then preview, it has reverted to American. ...

mail merge multiple lines in an e-mail
How can I merge multiple lines from an excel document into one e-mail ? So the e-mails should be dynamical. Hi Guy, There's probably an Excel vba solution for this, but there's also a Word mailmerge/vba solution using Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at: http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107 or http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with i...

remove Print Display
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I can not remove the Big Blue Print Display words pasted on my xcel sheet. When I save and send to others it is still there, making it difficult to read text There is nothing in Excel that would cause anything like what you've briefly described to occur by default. It would have to explicitly have been created by someone working in the file. With no more detail than you've provided though there are only 2 possibilities that come to mind. The first is that someone has added some sort of graphic or text to the Hea...

Array of User define data.
I want to use a typed data of array. Type myType X As Long Y As Long End Type Dim myMatrix(20)(20) As myType But above code is wrong. How to that right VBA coding? Another question. Can I use a Variant array such as dim myVar as Long = 20 Dim myMatrix(myVar) As myType Thanks... I think this is what you mean Dim myarray() As myType ReDim myarray(1 To 20) myarray(1).X = 1 myarray(1).Y = 3 Const cLen As Long = 20 Dim myArray2(cLen) As myType myArray2(20).X = 1 myarray(20).Y = 2 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Cactus [������]" <a@b.com> wrote in mes...

Dotted line to remove
I have just been editing a multi-page word document and something I did has made a dotted line appear. It goes across the page from margin to margin. Whatever I do to try to remove it doesn't seem to work. The line was not in the original so some I assume some key or setting I have touched has done it. The Word I am using is MS Office Word 2007 - something I find is a lot more fiddly than the older version I have used for years. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><&l...

Excel cell display
I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I make that happen? Would Insert> Comment work for you? "slantt" wrote: > I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I > make that happen? Yes, thanks - I found that after I posted of course (newbie to Excel). I was looking to see if there was a macro I could gen to do the same thing... "ufo_pilot" wrote: > Would > Insert> Comment > work for you? > > > "slantt" wrote: > > > I want a text box...

External Data and Sheet Protection
I have a sheet that runs automatic external web and database queries...I need to protect the sheet from user changes but when I do the automatic updates are not permitted either. Is there a way to permit auto updates and prevent user changes a the same time? THANKS. Untested: Maybe you could have your query put its data in another sheet (hidden, but unprotected). Then use formulas to return the values to the user's worksheet. nbs wrote: > > I have a sheet that runs automatic external web and > database queries...I need to protect the sheet from user > changes but w...

Column Header that moves with Data?
Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to have a colum header move with the data? I have a sheet with a ton of data and the list is growing, I would lik to see the column header "float" with the list instead of having t scroll to the top and check it out. thanks for all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if i'm understanding correctly - click in cell A2 and choose windows / freeze panes to undo it choose window / unfreeze panes Cheers JulieD "wendellarina >" <<wendellarina.19p7jr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

datetime field display
Have a form with a table as Record Resource. There's a datetime field in the table which I would like to break down programmatically and display in two unbound controls: a "hour" combo box and a "minute" combo box. If the user selects other values in the combos, I would like to update the datetime field accordingly. I prefer not having the user to touch the date portion of the datetime field. What's the "proper" way to implement this? Do I need to initiate another read of the record to populate the unbound combos? If so at what poi...

print line item quote?
Is it possible to print a quote with the line items on it? Once again, I feel extremely dense, but can't seem to find it. Matt This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_022F_01C61AA2.863A2720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Matt, This can be done through the CRM Outlook Client. Here are the OL client = steps: In the OL Client: * Open a quote * File-->Print Quote for Customer (MS Word opens with a Mail Merge Tab at this point) * Select "Mail Merge" tab * Select "Quote&q...

Exporting the chart automatically
I am exporting charts from my spreadsheets to folders with html pages so people can browse the charts. The HTML code refrences the pre set locations. I can make a button press automate the creation, exporting etc but I cant run it without going into the spreadsheet. The reason I dont want to is because I dont want certain people to be able to run the update because it needs to be run at an exact time. If I could automate it somehow it would always be perfect and so I could forget about it and the charts would be created and updated themselves. Thanks for any suggestion. Rob ...

POP downloading but not displaying email
I recently installed the Outlook Connector to Windows Live mail account (although I do not know if this has anything to do with the problem). Suddenly, when downloading pop email, the email never actually reaches my Outlook mailboxes. Some email does but the vast majority of it doesn't. On the bottom right of Outlook, it shows downloading of messages but then the messages just disappear. I have looked in the junk folder, deleted folder, even the draft folder but the downloaded messages aren't there. I deleted all of the filters. At this point I don't know what else to do...

Excel Charting (help)
Hi everyone, Can anyone help? I am having difficutly chart what I thought would be easy..:-) I have 500 rows of dates in one column. (there is lots of other information-data on the sheet). I want to plot a line graph with the Dates on the X and NUMBER OF DATES (ie counta) on the Y axis... The only way I know how to do this is to place a number 1 to 500 in the respective cell next to the date... and then plot it.... is there a better way?? Excel 97 & NT :-( Hi Steve, From your message it appears the data in the column of interest has many repeat values. Do you know the unique ...

Charts change the place
Hi I have some files created in Excel 2003 but when I open them in Excel 2007 many of the charts change thier place. Once I set the place and save the file and again when I open the file I face the same situation. Is there a solution of this? Avi ...

Why does my data disappear?
I make the chart, then start refining (putting the date scale on the left, etc) and the data disappears. I do a right-click, click on Source Data, make the necessary motions, and I still have no data. What am I doing wrong? ...

How do I import data from RightFax into an Excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to import data from RightFax into Excel. Any ideas? Thank-you! What is rightFax and can you save the file in RightFax as a text file? Then you can import that text file. Otherwise, send me the file and I will see if I can create a code to import it. See my Excel demos at http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway - -Mark "Barbie" wrote: > I am trying to import data from RightFax into Excel. Any ideas? > > Thank-you! ...

Lead Activity regarding field display is blank
When I attempt to create an activity from a lead, the regarding field will not display the original lead. The lead is there, because I can click on the lead icon and reference the original lead, but the lead subject field will not display. I am logged in as administrator so I have full rights. Any suggestions are appreciated Never mind. I sovled this. Workflow related issue. "ilibhart" wrote: > When I attempt to create an activity from a lead, the regarding field will > not display the original lead. The lead is there, because I can click on the > lead icon an...

Smartlist is returning data from wrong company view
I created a Sql view in a company database and then created a Smartlist. I then copied and pasted the select statement from that view to my other companies and named the view the same. When I execute within Sql, I get accurate data for each company. When I run my Smartlist, the data returned is from the original company no matter what company I am logged in to. In Smartlist Builder, I tried checkmarking "use company database" but it doesn't save. This is 9.0 w/SP3 and I am logged in as 'sa' Hi Mes, When you go into each of the companies for the first time with t...