Chart Data

Hi,
In 2003 Excel, you can copy your chart to another sheet within a workbook
and edit the data. The new graph will reflect the new data of the new sheet.
In 2007 Excel, when you copy the chart, it will still reference to the
original data_ you'll have a graph that doesn't match your valueso on the
same sheet. Please help.
0
joey3 (1)

In XL2003 you need to edit data as you state.
In XL2007 the same applies; right click chart, use the Select Data item on
popup menu to set new data range
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"joey3" <joey3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In 2003 Excel, you can copy your chart to another sheet within a workbook
> and edit the data. The new graph will reflect the new data of the new
> sheet.
> In 2007 Excel, when you copy the chart, it will still reference to the
> original data_ you'll have a graph that doesn't match your valueso on the
> same sheet. Please help.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

DPM forces a Consistency Check on data
Hi all, I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link. It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete. can any tell abt this. thanks in advance gopal Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx Hi Gopal, Can you please eloborate on "Ev...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

Erase data, preserve formula's
I have a an excel file with 12 worksheets for the financial year and an additional worksheet for yearly totals. I need to get a blank copy of this and was wondering if anyone knew a way to delete all the user inputted data while keeping the formatting and formula's intact. Any help is much appreciated. -- urbanfox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ urbanfox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519004 Hi Hit F5 and select Special a...

Consolidating 10 differing worksheets by left column data
Hello, I recently went through my card collection and input the various card I have. I have 10 boxes, each with their own worksheet within th workbook. columns A1 through E1 have the following assingments: Card Card Type, Quantity, Value, Set. I desire to consolidate th worksheets into one, and want to be able to do it so that if a certai card was in more than one box, the consolidation worksheet will hav the Card, Card Type, TOTAL Quantity, Value, and Set correctly. The thing to watch out for is that not all of the boxes contain th same cards and therefore the cards are not in the same...

Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007
How do I set up Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007 Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. "suriahseth" wrote: > How do I set up Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007 1 Click on the Office button (the large circle at the top left of the application.) 2 Click on the Excel Options button. 3 In the resulting dialog, click on Add-Ins to view the installed add-ins for Excel. 4 Near the bottom of the dialog, there is a pull-down box of items to manage. Ensure Excel Add-ins is selected, and click on the Go button. 5 In the resultin...

Insert blank rows repeatedly between every data row in Excel
Could you guide me please.... I need to insert 5 blank rows repeatedly between every existing data rows for approximately 300 rows. If I go about doing the repeat short-cut "Control+Y", it just repeats inserting ONE row only between the consecutive data row. Is there some command, which helps me highlight all the rows & allows me to insert 5 blank rows between every consecutive existing data row? Thanks in advance for your kind advice. Hi Being very new to excel coding, this code might be lengthy, but it works. Public Sub insert_row() Const TestColumn As Long = 1 '...

Adding multiple items in unordered data to match a target amount
I have 3 columns of data - invoiced amounts (A), banked amounts (B) and commission charged (C). A = B + C For each B, there is one C. However, there can be multiple items in A for one item of B + C. Further, the rules for how commission is charged varies by amounts sold; I cannot calculate C by reference to A or B (individually) with any level of accuracy. I'm therefore looking for a way of selecting 1 or multiple items in column B, adding them to 1 or multiple items in column C and tracing this to 1 or multiple items in column A. Help would be gratefully received. ...

Core Chart
Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. Can you help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Isabel <ialduen@catholiccharitiesden.com>... > Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. a) The core of what? A black hole? An apple? A nuclear power plant? b) This is a Microsoft Publisher group. Your question is hardly relavent to the topic of discussion really. Why did you choose this group? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer...

Hierarchy Pyramid Chart
Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? It doesn't seem to be an option, but maybe some type of addin??? Thanks in advance Nevermind - I realized that the pyramid is actually a diagram. So I inserted a Diagram - Organizational Chart instead and it's just what I needed!!! "Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote: > Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a > pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? > It doesn't ...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Adding additional rows for data entry
I have a spreadsheet with five columns that I enter data to. I then have a blank row at the bottom of these columns. Below the blank row I have several formulas pertaining to each row. How do I add more data to the columns and have the formulas adjust for these new rows without highlighting rows and using the insert rows command to make room (empty rows) where I can then add the additional data to the columns. Is there a formula that would always leave one empty row even when new data is entered in the columns? Thanks Put the formulas at the top of the columns. You can even use a Freeze ...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

Outlook Data Files #4

Pivot table and organizing data
This one is really making me scratch my head. Here is the story. I have a list of information which I am pulling in via a query from SQL. Data is good and it correctly comes into Excel (03 or 07). I have five columns with data: Date, Time, AccountID , Status. First two are self-explanatory; third is a 3-letter ID, forth is a status (pass/fail). Ok, now that you have an idea, here is what I need: 1. List the account IDs as a column 2. List the dates as rows 3. Place the alert into the location that corresponds to the appropriate data and account I know this 'sounds' like a strai...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Prevent Hidden Column data from being copied/pasted?
A student came up with a question that I haven't been able to figure out yet in a recent Excel class. They are hiding a column and protecting the worksheet in the correct manner. They want to allow some users to access and enter information in some cells. They do not want the users to be able to copy and paste the information from the hidden column. The question is how can this be prevented? For example, Column B is hidden. When they copy a range such as A1:C10 and paste it to another worksheet, they are getting the "hidden" data in Column B in B1:B10. Any suggestions wou...