Changing result color

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA4D8A.E24B1F00

Need help (again)

I have an Excel 2007 worksheet column that contains a calculated average =
of some daily postings. Is there a way to change the font color of the =
results when the average exceeds a certain number ?

The calculation of the average is fine but I would like to have high =
results really stand out when the average exceeds 150.

Thanks for your help.

Gene L.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA4D8A.E24B1F00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3D"Franklin Gothic Medium">
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 6pt" class=3DMsoNormal><FONT size=3D3=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Need help (again)</FONT></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 6pt" class=3DMsoNormal><FONT size=3D3=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">I have an Excel 2007 worksheet column that =
contains a=20
calculated average of some daily postings. Is there a way to change the =
font=20
color of the results when the average exceeds a certain number =
?</FONT></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 6pt" class=3DMsoNormal><FONT size=3D3=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">The calculation of the average is fine but I =
would like=20
to have&nbsp;high results really stand out when the average exceeds=20
150.</FONT></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 6pt" class=3DMsoNormal><FONT size=3D3=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Thanks for your help.</FONT></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 6pt" class=3DMsoNormal><FONT size=3D3=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Gene L.</FONT></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA4D8A.E24B1F00--

0
elieve (18)

Home / Styles / Conditional Formatting / New Rule . . . / single left hand
click on:-

Format only cells that contain

 - to highlight it.

Change to:-

greater than

100 (for example, or the number that you want).

Format . . . / Font tab / change the Color: field to the one that you want /
OK / OK

The above should give you what you want.

Thanks!

"Gene L." wrote:

> Need help (again)
>
> I have an Excel 2007 worksheet column that contains a calculated average
> of some daily postings. Is there a way to change the font color of the
> results when the average exceeds a certain number ?
>
> The calculation of the average is fine but I would like to have high
> results really stand out when the average exceeds 150.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Gene L.

0
info9487 (39)
10/15/2009 4:27:31 PM
OK I Have it - Great answer - Thank you so much.
Gene L.

"trip_to_tokyo" <info@pierrefondes.com> wrote in message
> Home / Styles / Conditional Formatting / New Rule . . . / single left hand
> click on:-
>
> Format only cells that contain
>
> - to highlight it.
>
> Change to:-
>
> greater than
>
> 100 (for example, or the number that you want).
>
> Format . . . / Font tab / change the Color: field to the one that you want
> /
> OK / OK
>
> The above should give you what you want.
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks!
>

> "Gene L." wrote:
>
>> Need help (again)
>>
>> I have an Excel 2007 worksheet column that contains a calculated average
>> of some daily postings. Is there a way to change the font color of the
>> results when the average exceeds a certain number ?
>>
>> The calculation of the average is fine but I would like to have high
>> results really stand out when the average exceeds 150.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Gene L.

0
elieve (18)

Change Display Names in Exch '03 to Last,First
In Exchange 2000, you could use ADSI and scripts to change display names for contacts/users from firstname,lastname to lastname,firstname. However, I am working with a new client that has a 2003 Exchange server up and populated, but the GAL shows in firstname,lastname against his will. How can I change this so that the GAL is listed the way he wants without individually modifying each contact/user? -- Lydell Anderson A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA I don't see how it should be any different with Exchange 2003. Modifying the Display name will change how the GAL is displayed. You should be ...

Importing CSV
Hi All, I have to import CSV files into excel. A regular issue with this is that often the CSV files will contain data (in this case account codes) that excel interprets as dates (such as '3-8000' being converted to 1 Mar 8000). Nothing unusual so far, in that we handle that issue by importing manually (External Data - Text import), and specifying that the field in question is imported as TEXT not GENERAL. However, I have a file that, when I double click on it, it opens up perfectly (except with dates where it should be text as outlined above), but if I manually import that f...

Very slow to make changes in Excel 2007 sp2
I have a machine with Excel 2007 sp2 that when making changes takes a very long time... so if I bold or un-bold a cell it will take up to 30 seconds... once the change is made I can undo/redo and it is instant, but if I un-bold the same cell instead of undo it again takes up to 30 seconds. Is there a procedure to try and diagnose what is causing this? Thanks ...

Inner Query Coalesce Causes Incorrect Query Results?
We have come across a peculiar situation where we get some very different behaviour when an inner query contains a coalesce. We are flattening out a list into a comma separated string variable. The desired goal is to have a comma separated list of people in alphabetical order. People are stored in table #tblA and their names can optionally be overridden in #tblB in a 1-to-1 relationship. We are aggregating the names in an outer query that appends to a local variable. Below is the code illustrating 4 different scenarios, none of which fully work. This code can be pasted ...

Fill Color a Range
I want to fill a range with a color. I know how to do that but I don't know how to keep the grid lines visible in that range. It seems I would need a transparent color or something like that. How can I fill a range with a color that will allow the grid lines to show through? Thank you. The only way is to give the gridlines an alternative colour of their own. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:112bdn5bm4udrff@corp.supernews.com... > I want to fill a range with a ...

changing style of legend
I'm trying to change the style of a part of the entry in the legend and to apply the original style - lik in the sheet (with uppercase and other styles what should I do? ...

Change Pictures as Attachmnet
Since I've updated to Outlook 2002, everytime I send an e- mail and attach a picture, the picture is shown in the message, bigger that life. Before, when sending a picture with a message, the reciepient had to click on the attachment to open the picture. What do I have to do in order to send pictures in this manner? Thanks Craig ...

How to change name of an XML node
Hi, Is there any way to change the name of XML node? In the following xml, I want to change the node <FIELD_1> to <FIELD_ITEM> in all the places. Ex: <NewDataSet> <LOOKUP> <FIELD_1>First_Item113</FIELD_1> <FIELD_2>First_Item224</FIELD_2> </LOOKUP> <LOOKUP> <FIELD_1>Second_Item11</FIELD_1> <FIELD_2>Second_Item222</FIELD_2> </LOOKUP> <LOOKUP> <FIELD_1>Third_Item11</FIELD_1> <FIELD_2>Third_Item22</FIELD_2> </LOOKUP> </NewDataSet&g...

How to change controls by images
I found a lib at http://www.skincrafter.com/ , it is very cool. I want to do something like that. Look at codeproject/codeguru to get started. Here are some: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/skinstyle.asp http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/backgroundcolorandimage/article.php/c4185/ ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com > yr link, controls are created by that lib, not me. What does this mean? ------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com This is really tricky, as you probably have figured out. You'll basically have to hook into the controls and recreate them look...

How do I extend or change the CRM Duration limit?
I have a client that has maintenance evolutions that take from 15-30 days. Each time we try to schedule an activity, CRM gives an error stating that the duration is not valid. It appears that CRM has a 10 day limit on duration. Does any one have a work around for this feature? Or is there a way to reset the duration limit to be higher? As far as I know, the 10 day limit is hard-coded into the CRM platform and there's no way of changing it. However, despite the message, you can still save the activity. Otherwise the only workaround is to split the activity into smaller ones of n...

find multiple results
I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet that will give me the multiple and various results from a column in a spreadsheet. Example spreadsheet: col a col b Part Tool 12345 12345 23456 23456 34567 34567 45678 34567 56789 56789 67890 56789 78901 56789 if I was to search for all parts made from tool 12345 the result should be only part 12345, but if I searched for parts made from tool 56789, the results I'm looking to see are 56789, 67890, and 78901. I was able using index and match funtions to get a single answer but I would ...

command button color
Hi all, Could someone tell me if and how i can change the button color from its default grey? Thx, Ludovic "Vsn" <vsn_hotmail_kom> wrote: > Hi all, > > Could someone tell me if and how i can change the button color from its > default grey? Buttons always pick up the Windows system color so buttons in Access will have whatever color your Windows color scheme has defined for Windows buttons. You can use an image of a solid colored rectangle to mimic a different colored background. Alternatively, you can use the Click event of a labe...

Worksheet Change Event #2
I saw a forum response a while back that will allow programming the cursor to move to certain cells as the user enters data. I cannot remember how that was done. Can someone refresh my memory? This time I will copy the information into my own little help file. -- DCSwearingen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DCSwearingen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21506 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474829 The code may have used the worksheet_change event. Here's ...

eVC how to display color dialog box
hi, Am having trouble displaying the color dialog box. CColorDialog is not supported on WCE. Any help welcome. tnx in advance, DNA ...

How would I go about getting these results?
source: ContactID ProjectID RoleID 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 3 1 2 1 1 2 2 2 How would I return the results where the noly record to show would be the 3rd one where there is no one with the RoleID of 2. Stated differently, how do I exclude all records where there is someone with a RoleID = 1 AND 2 and return only records that have ONLY someone with RoleID = 1 I hope this makes sense. Thanks. I am missing something. Why is row 3 returned as Con...

How to change saving directory for my contact list?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change saving directory for my contact list? I am using XP with SP3 and Outlook Express, my system is installed on C drive, whenever I retore my system on C drive, my contact list is gone, is there any approach to relocate my contact list into D drive, so I still can keep my contact list after my system is restored. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric > ...is there any approach to relocate my contact list into D drive Only if you move your entire message store to the D drive (which better not...

Recipient Address Template Changes
Nothing of major urgency, but just something that I cannot get to work ... I run SBS 2003 (with Exchange 2003). Go into System Manager - Recipients - Details Templates - English and double click User. Go to the Templates tab and click Test to see the currently used address template. Now let's say I want to make some minor changes to this such as changing Zip Code to Postcode, or changing Pager to Mobile, etc. I make the changes, then click Test to check all is ok. However, my clients who are running Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode NEVER get these address template changes. You ...

Line chart colors

Excel graphs not updating when source data is changed
Good day, I have observed an interesting problem with Excel 2003, in that the excel charts (any type) do not update when the source data is changed when one has a large excel workbook (I am currently at 160 MBytes). This is a new behaviour that appeared when I surpassed 65,536 or more dependencies to unique references (the level or number of links between formulas). Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, James ...

excel changes numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When I enter a number Excel automatically changes it to a decimal. I enter one, it changes it to 0.01. I have specified the cell format to &quot;number&quot;, it is not currency or percentage. Very annoying, I have to enter all my numbers as multiple of 100 to get the right number to display. As answered just yesterday & numerous times before: http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Excel/6389 On 3/2/10 3:10 PM, in article 59bb3bcc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "amullin@officeforma...

Default view for New message has changed to Web View
I am using Outlook 2000 SR1 in Win98. Recently I have noticed that when I start a new message from the Outbox the default view has changed from "normal view" to "web view". It is a minor irritation compared with other problems listed on this site. But I would greatly appreciate advice on fixing this mutation. Thank you, Ron ...

How can I change color of all outgoing email?
Our IT guy has told us we have to limit each project to one folder in our outlook .pst file. So for project XXX I have to put all incoming and outgoing email in the same folder w/out subdividing folders below. I'd like to be able to visually separate incoming from outgoing and I thought one easy way would be to change the color of any email that went through the Sent Items folder. Once email was in the Sent Items folder it would change colors so that when I put them with the other incoming emails in the project folder the black emails would be incoming and the colored would be outgoing...

Changing the Excel color palette
I want to be able to set the RGB value for a fill color in a macro. The color palette does not have the soft pastels I want to use. The problem stems from the fact that changes to the color palette don't carry over if I open the worksheet on another computer. So using the ColorIndex(3) doesn't work. I would like to do something like ColorIndex(3)= RGB(223,156,78). Any ideas?? Thanks, Don Don Does Sub RGBColour() Range("A1").Interior.Color = RGB(223, 156, 78) End Sub Help? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_ho...

Change Manager for user
crm3.0, Alan is the manager of Philip. But now, Margaret is the manager of Philip Then I logon to CRM as administrator and open the user of "Philip", but I cannot change the manager of Philip. Why? Oh I got it. Cannot change from the user form, but can change from the list. "Goldensun" wrote: > crm3.0, Alan is the manager of Philip. But now, Margaret is the manager of > Philip > > Then I logon to CRM as administrator and open the user of "Philip", but I > cannot change the manager of Philip. > > Why? ...

how do I change time data to numerical result
I am trying to create a roster spread sheet to calculate amount of hours and cost. I would like to know how to change my result from formula. i.e. 8h:30min to 8.5 hours? If your data is truly in the format of hh:mm, then simply multiply by 24, and format the cell as number or General. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "J. Gorman" <J. Gorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...