Changing cell value from another cell

First of all , Hello everyone .

My question is this ..Regarding a fantasy Football program i have.

I use Vlookup to gather information about a player (from a named range
"players"

in a1 i input his code (through to k1)

cells b1,c1,d1,e1,f1 give me his Position,Name,Team,Value and current
score
This happens 11 times to form the 11 players

We have 2 transfers a year where we swap 3 players and i use the same
vlookup in cells m1,n1,o1 to register players out

and in q1,r1,s1, 3 players in ..I hope this makes some sense

what i want to do is put  the 3 players transferred in into the cells
of the 3 players transferring out in the original team of 11 ???

Any help greatly appreciated or a much easier way to do it ?

--
Rush

Auto Fill Cells
I am building an inpatient log for a nursing home. I need to auto fill the patient's name and address from their ID # Example in column C (ID#) 255 - would automatically fill in Column D (last name), Column E(first name), Column F(middle initial), and Column G(address) At this point - all of the cells are blank. Sounds nice. Where is the data coming from? Take a look at these links for some ideas of how you can go about doing this: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html#IndexMatch http://www.contextures.com/xlFunc...

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

comments in a cell #2
HYCH, Just a question? is there any way of using some vba that will add coments to a cell and have the comment box appear as it does if i add my own comments manually, would like the comment hidden until the cell is selected and then have it show up! obviously i know this happens when you manually process comments, but i would like the comment box to appear and display values that are in another worksheet within the same workbook. hope that makes sense. Steve Steve wrote: > > HYCH, > > Just a question? > > is there any way of using some vba that will add coments t...

Formula for counting specific cells which are greater than 1
I'm looking for a formula that will count specific cells (not a range - A17, A27, A37 and so on) that will have a certain value (above $1.00 to make it easy). So if the cell has a value of $1.00 or less it will not count in the total; If it is above $1.00 if will count. If A17 is above $1.00, A27 is $0.50 & A37 is $3.00 the count will be 2. ...

shading cells that are not consecutive
Is it possbile to shade cells B10-16 and D14-8 and F2 and etc and forma them as a group? Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Ctrl to select all the rages you want selected then do th formatting you wish. Either that or choose one cell and do the formatting the way you want Then copy it and select the other cells and go to edit: paste special formats -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Replacing cell with text
Hi, I want to know if it is possible to do the following: Imagine I have a legend in which I say which text corresponds to whic letters ex: John -> J Harry -> H Susan -> S and what I want to do is when entering J, H or S in a cell, it wil change to the corresponding text. Is there a way of doing it without having to run a macro ? Thanks in advance Pedr ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options (XL2002) and insert new...

Change Collation failed in RMS Headquarters
I need change collation from default to Chinese. A blank database is created in Headquarters Administrator and then Change Collation command is executed. But a Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. How can I do it? Jerry wrote: > Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. > How can I do it? Remove from your database the constraint CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType, and when you changed collation add it the constraint. bye antonio hi, Antonio Thanks for your reply. Now I removed CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType and changed co...

Changing the 'Mark item as read when selection changes' at runtime
Hi, Outlook version 2007 VS2008 Using VSTO and Redemption I need to change the following settings at runtime Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane Wait [ ] seconds before marking the item as read. Mark item as read when selection changes. All the above settings are on a form found here: Tools --> Options --> Other --> Reading Pane The registry settings are stored in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences] I know how to change the registry settings but I don't know to re-load these settings again without ...

Converting Text Values to Dates
Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, for example) to valid date format, 8/10/96? I could not get the DATEVALUE function to do this. Hi! Select the range of cells in question. Goto Data>Text to Columns Click NEXT twice Select Column Data Format: DATE. Then choose the format from the drop down Finish Biff "Frank Winston" <FrankWinston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAF0A61-E8A7-4D18-B035-0D475E9A858C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, > for example...

Dynamicly change spreadsheet tab names depending on cell value
Is it possible to change tab names dynamicaly ? For example i have 31 tab (1 for each day of the month) These tabs are named - 1,2,3 e.t.c Is it possible to define rule that would ad "!" to day which is weekend day. In other words is it possible to dynamicly change tab name depending from value of cell ? If this is possbile how do i do this ? Right-click on the spreadsheet tab, select View Code and paste this in:- Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value End Sub To test this I put the date in cell B2 and this formula into A1:- =TEX...

Change 'Active' Window?
I would like to change the 'active' window (from the Access DB to another application). I have Dynamics GP open and am currently using an Access DB. I would like to change the active window to GP and run a macro (if possible). Would I do this with a shell command? Any help that you can provide is welcome. Thanks. G ...

formatted values from single equation
I would really like to have a Excel spreadsheet with two worksheets, the first sheet has raw data (16 across, 100's down) and what I would like to do on the second sheet is add to the first row, 16 equations (lets say for now y=x). then underneath this the formatted data where x is cell A1 on the first worksheet and y is on the second worksheet. Obviously you would just normally in each cell on worksheet 2 type the equation in (='worksheet1'!A1), but I would like to show people the equation being used. Is this possible, does this message make any sense?? Nice -- mr_nice! ---...

Changing computer
Hi, I'm about to sell my Dell pc on which I recently installed Microsoft Home & Student 2007. Do I just un-install it and then re-install it on the new one? Is it illegal (or stupid) to leave it on the computer? And how would I go about moving my Word files from old to new? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks Sal If you leave it installed, you must also give them the disks. (And yes, that would be stupid - sorry.) If you intend to keep the disks and the license for yourself, you must uninstall it. Move your files with a USB drive or burn them to a CD. You could...

Another Countif??
I have a spreadsheet containing various fields which is used to monito the amount of telephone calls logged by members of my department. I've used the countif function to break this down to calls logged b each individual. The next column I would like to add is the amount o calls *completed* by each individual. The completed column onl contains a true or false value. So at the moment it would read:- Name Calls Completed JOHN 5 ??? Not sure if I've explained this well but what I'm aiming for is t count Johns calls in one column(done) and in the next co...

substract cell F from cell H and total into cell I
i am new to using excel. i need to be able to put in pay price in cell F and selling price into cell H and get total in cell i. so it would have to substract cell F from cell H and put total into cell i. how do i do this? currency only Assuming your data is in Row 1, put this formula in I1 and press Enter.........be sure and type it just as shown, as the leading equal sign is what tells Excel that the following characters are a formula. =H1-F1 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vadarpug" <vadarpug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:617768AC-D261-47AE-861A-E6BFD...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

Change Display Units property with VBA
Hello, I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my powerpoint presentation using VBA. The Powerpoint group has site has been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my question in. I would think the code might be similar to that in excel so I'm hoping someone can help me here. Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units" property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs? thank You, Jenise In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, jwilliam@alte...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

Calculate Formulas in Highlighted Cells Only--not whole sheet
In office 97 I was able to recalc only the cells highlighted (control + L) as opposed to the entire sheet or workbook. In Excel 2002, how do I recalc only the cells I have highlighted? Thanks I don't recall this shortcut in xl (any version). I'm guessing that you had a macro that did something special. In xl2002, you could use a macro like this (assigned to ctrl-shift-l) Option Explicit Sub testme() Selection.Calculate End Sub But I think I've read posts that calculating a single range can be bad--it can screw up the calculation dependencies. I think that Charles Will...

Change unit cost for Miscellaneous Items
Dynamics GP Sales Order Processing does not allow editing of unit cost for all item types. Please include an option to allow us to change the unit cost for for miscellaneous, service and flat fee items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Dynamic Range Defined by Value of Cell
I am just getting started with dynamic ranges. I have data as follows: A B C Product1 qty cost Product2 qty cost .... ProductN qty cost TOTAL qtytot costtot The number of products varies. There is other data below this that is unrelated. How can I define a range dynamically that will always capture A:C and as many rows up and including the first time it finds "TOTAL" in column A? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. I don't know what you mean by "define a range" b...