change the year in a list of dates ex 1/3/2003 to 1/3/2004

I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I want
to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list.  How do
I do that?
0
Elaine (442)

say the dates you have now are in col A

in a new column, type

=a1+365

and copy down

then do a /copy/special/values on the new column
so it becomes static and no longer refers to col A...
then delete col A and move teh new column to Col a

work on a copy of your file to make sure I have it right...
"Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I
>want
> to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list.  How
> do
> I do that?

0
crosem (24)
10/24/2004 3:05:57 AM
I assume the OP had a typo and really wanted 05/17/04, for example

01/03/03
03/01/03
05/17/03
12/01/03

with your method will return

01/03/04
02/29/04
05/16/04
11/30/04

however if one uses

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

will return

01/03/04
03/01/04
05/17/04
12/01/04

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

<crosem@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> say the dates you have now are in col A
>
> in a new column, type
>
> =a1+365
>

> and copy down
>
> then do a /copy/special/values on the new column
> so it becomes static and no longer refers to col A...
> then delete col A and move teh new column to Col a
>
> work on a copy of your file to make sure I have it right...
> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I
>>want
>> to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list.  How
>> do
>> I do that?

0
terre081 (3244)

Crystal Reports not showing in 3.0
We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We can now click on reports without getting an error message. However, there are no reports displaying. Is there some additional setup that we need to do? I understand there is supposed to be like 150 canned reports. Where are they? Please help! Can anyone tell me how the canned reports get installed and where they are located? What database? "Barbi Dorin" wrote: > We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We > can now click on reports without getting an ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Custom Formatting for Dates
Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same cell. Think that is what I need. Using custom formatting: yymmdd and making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify). Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ## is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text??? Thanks a1 11/2/05 b1 =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") you will get b1 051102 ==================== "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89817178-868E-4E3C-9946-6A1E93B0080F@microsoft.com... > Is there a man...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

New Disk storage

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Outlook 2003

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date
Example I n my text I type I have December 28th The th automatically reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been resloved, but no 2nd question please. When I post a question in "discussion group" and check the box "Notify me of Replies" I never receice a reply to my question I then have to go back to ...