Change Row/Column Height & Width

I know I should be able to automatically set a row height to the max
necessary by hovering the cursor between the 2 rows I want to adjust and
double-clicking, but sometimes this doesn't always work.  Why is that that -
do I need to adjust a setting?  And is there any way to set it so that if
text is added or deleted the row height would change automatically so thatthe
text fit appropriately?
0
davel (19)

Set the row format to Autofit and cells to Wrap Text

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:14:04 -0700, DaveL <DaveL@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I know I should be able to automatically set a row height to the max
>necessary by hovering the cursor between the 2 rows I want to adjust and
>double-clicking, but sometimes this doesn't always work.  Why is that that -
>do I need to adjust a setting?  And is there any way to set it so that if
>text is added or deleted the row height would change automatically so thatthe
>text fit appropriately?

0
Gord

Sorting should be done on more than one column
Currently views can be sorted according only to one column. It would be better to sort on more than one column like in excel, first sort by A, then sort by B etc. Bilge Gul ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Shading alternating rows for easy visibilty
I have a list of rooms in a house listed by row. The room labels are found in column A, and other room attributes are found in columns B, C, D, & E. (See attached file: example.xls) To aid in viewing, I can use auto formatting (List 1) to make every other row have grey fill color. If I use filtering to view only the rooms having wallpaper, then every other row is no longer shaded. I end up with adjacent rows that are shaded. Is there any way to always have every other row shaded no matter how the table is filtered? Attachment filename: example.xls Downlo...

excel columns keep changing size
I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have 5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper, landscape format. Every time I try to change the font size of the text, excel automatically changes the columns size. ALso, even though it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the screen and also on paper. What is going on? Check your pages set up settings. Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th paper you are using then it wi...

from Column b to column dw in another sheet

How to move text from Row to Column
How can I move text that are in rows to columns -- soddydj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ soddydj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25714 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392163 Hightlight the cells in the row and copy. Select the destination cell and Paste>Special and choose Transpose. Click OK Does this work for you? Bruce -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

max of non adjacent columns
I have 12 columns with numbers,these numbers change very rapidly as they are fed into the sheet from a website. I need a formula to calculate the max of the numbers in every second column,for the first row this would be the numbers in cells B1,d1,f1,h1,j1,l1. The answer will be stored in another cell,and of course will be constantly changing as the contents of these cells change. -- pytelium ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pytelium's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25521 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Crosstab dual columns?
Is there anyway to make a crosstab query/report have 2 column headings. I need my end result to look something like below (where Month & C170/RC85 are column headings & RvwRsn for row data): (column) (column) (row) Jan Feb Mar Apr........ Total RvwRsn C170 RC85 C170 RC85 C170 RC85 C170 RC85 C170 RC85 BDEN 4 2 10 1 15 2 0 9 29 14 BNDT 0 9 1 10 8 7 ...

calculating % when some columns are 0
hi all, i'm not much of a guru with Excel. how do i prevent the #DIV/0! when a column i'm dividing by is a 0. i'm using Excel to calculate the Delta %. i'm using a simple formula (K-L)/K. a lot of rows have values but obviously if for example K9 is 0 i'm going to get an error. any ideas? TIA Ted Hi Ted, =IF(K1=0,"",(K1-L1)/K1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ted" <tbest@rca-insurance.com> wrote in message news:Of$1OCBwIHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | hi all, i'm not much of a guru with Excel. how do i prevent the...

series of cells in a column #2
thanhyou so vey much -- ROLG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16066 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275347 ...

take out comma ID, 10000 to ID 100000 in column
I have a long column and I need to take out the commar between the State and the zip code - anyone know how to do this without going into each cell?? Select your data Edit>Replace, Find what is a comma and Replace with nothing Press Replace all -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Annette" <Annette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC270C85-9F5F-4A94-BFB9-34327AF45697@microsoft.com... >I have a long column and I need to take out the commar between the State >and > the zip code - anyone know how to do this without going into each cell?? Annette, ...

Outlook 2003 icon changes randomly
Not a big deal but very weird: My outlook icon (both on the desktop, and the QuickNav bar) changes every other time I restart Windows: Sometimes its the new orange icon Sometimes its the Office 2000 icon. Very strange. I'm running Windows 2000. I can't figure out how this could happen. When its showing the old icon, it still loads the new version. Also, if I right-click, properties...change icon, only the old icon shows in the list of choices. Any clues? Eric ...

change format of existing numbers
I have a worksheet with thousands of phone numbers on it, but not formatted as phone numbers. If I change the existing numbers' cell format to a custom ###-###-#### format, it won't format the numbers this way unless I double click in each cell (cell content edit mode) and press enter. Unlike regular number formats, it seems as though excel won't convert existing data to my custom format unless: -Cell is formatted and THEN number is entered -If cell has existing number, I must click INTO the cell (editing mode) Please help! much thanks mari Let me add to my ques...

Changing data orientation from one sheet to another
Hi, On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as A1 A2 A3 I'd like on sheet2 the data be oriented horizontally A1 to A1 A2 to B1 A3 to B3 Can it be done? if so, how? TIA Olga Excell 07 Copy the data from sheet1 Select A1 of sheet2 and paste special>transpose. Note: cannot be done if you have more than 16384 rows of data in column A Also, I think you have a typo at A3 to B3.........maybe A3 to C1? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:55:12 +0200, "Olga" <noemail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as >A1 >A...

Stock change
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Just subtract the current price from the previous day's price. E.g., =B2-B1 Or perhaps you had something else in mind. If so, post back with more details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Knowledge001" <Knowledge001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82989DAA-5357-4955-B244-490F9619B33C@microsoft.com... > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous > day. I have downloaded 1025 days of...

Change investment category money market to mutual fund
I mis-identified a mutual fund as a money market. How can I correct this? I tried exporting to .qif and re-importing, but it ruined my 401k contribution history. In microsoft.public.money, Jeff wrote: >I mis-identified a mutual fund as a money market. How can I correct this? The easy way is to delete the symbol for the current "mutual fund" and to rename it to Old MMF or some such. Create a new money market investment with the proper name and symbol. Do a Sell of the Old MMF shares and enter a Buy of the new. That said, there is some advantage to going back and changing the...

How do I have a formula refer to the most recent entry in a row
I am using a spreadsheet to compile monthly results for my company. Some results are YTD and I would like to have the most recent month show up for the YTD total. Is there a formula I can input that will look for the last entry in a particular row and populate that? If you mean return the right most value in a row then try for row 4: =LOOKUP(2,1/4:4,4:4) -- HTH Sandy sandymann@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk "sm7301" <sm7301@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:792756FA-6E13-4DE4-A522-6F621A8A8AAF@microsoft.com... >I am using a...

Change email address when someone gets married
I have a user who is getting married. Her last name is going to change. How do I change here email address and login name? Do I just have to create a new user and export her old email to a PST file and import it back? Thanks In ADUC, click the Email Adresses tab and change the email address. The best way to rename the user name is to right click the user in ADUC and click "rename". That way you can change the First and Last Name, Display Name AND the user name. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d59201c439d8$d5d40e60$a301280a...

Values in multiple columns into one column
Hi everyone, I have a spreadsheet with values in multiple columns where for instance col A is blank colb or c or d won't be...there will be something in one where the others are empty. I need to create a column with all the values together. Tried using the following formula but it doesn't seem to work... the values are all dates.. =IF(O2=" ",N2,IF(N2=" ",K2,IF(K2=" ",J2,O2))) Can anybody help!! Cheers Dan Hi try =IF(O2="",N2,IF(N2="",K2,IF(K2="",J2,O2))) >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, > >I hav...

Update Price A,B&C automatically when I change Regular Price
Hi, I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices for A,B,c and regular prices. Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change based on previous relationships like this example. Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A would auto change to 2.20 and so on. This would really be a time saver!! thanks in advance. an auto change is possible only with database, or only with an add-on, but no...

Delete all rows except...
I receive a weekly report & have been asked to delete all rows except for two particular rows. Here are the two criteria which are in column A cells: AWH98228 and AWL99467 Can anyone offer help? Thanks Try this: Sub RemoveRows() With Application .ScreenUpdating = False .Calculation = xlCalculationManual End With LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For r = LastRow To 2 Step -1 'Headings in row 1 If Range("A" & r).Value <> "AWH98228" _ And Range("A" & r).Value <> &quo...

Transposing a column to several rows
I have a large file with many rows; let's say it looks like this: start data1 data2 data3 data4 start data1 data2 start data1 data2 data3 .... What I want to do is transpose the column to a row, and then each time the word START appears, start a new row. So the above would look like this: start data1 data2 data3 data4 start data1 data2 start data1 data2 data3 .... Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Scott Make sure you make a backup copy of your data before using the code I just posted "walkersc@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a large file with many rows; let's say i...

After a cell changes colour when a date is near
When the cell changes to a specific colour say a12 goes red when a date is within 30 days (a12 is a date an assessment is due) can a12 and a1 (which a persons name is in a1) be put on a different worksheet and the same for each row so i can have a list of names and assessments on a seperate worksheet to print off so it would look like this A N OTHER FDA 02-JAN-06 A BODY SUMMARY 02-JAN-06 You could use a filter to do that. Select your table, then use Data Filter... Auto Filter. Then use Custom on your date field, and some combination of "Less th...

How to add more columns in Business Portal?
Hi, In BP 2.5, BP -> Purchasing -> Requisitions -> select a vendor, then I got data in nine columns: Item Number, Descriptrion, Required By, Price, Quantity, Unit, Extended Price, Requisition ID, and Site. How can I add one more column, Created By, into it? What permission do I need to have to do it? Thanks for your attention and help. stien ...

Change field type to lookup column
Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup from a table without losing all the previously input data? -- savannah Do not change the field in the table but in your form use a list box. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "savannah" wrote: > Can you (and if so, how?) change the data type of a populated field to lookup > from a table without losing all the previously input data? > -- > savannah Thanks Karl. However, forms are not being used at this time. Data is entered directly on the form. I do understand that this f...

Need data counted when changes are made
Hi, I am working on an excel document right now and I am wondering if there is a formula or table that I can used to help speed up my manual process I am doing at the moment. I currently track issues that come through our systems in rows we have the issue the client may or may not have and then in the columns we have the client name and the version of software they are on. As we test for the defects we update the columns with our initials and results and track from there. Currently I am counting the changes manually but I want to automate it. The problem is that several ...