Change Default color of a workbook

Its gray in color,how do I change it

I am fairly sure that grey is the default color. you can
change the color.
Select the entire sheet. on the menu bar format>edit Cells
click the border tab. in the lower left corner click the
down arrow on the color combo box. select the color you
wish. the in the border box select all lines. click ok.
this is a custom change on your part. you would have to do
this for each file you have.

0
anonymous (74722)

Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that I work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in single cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47 hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that I can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly rate ? -- Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis Hi! This all depends on how you have things setup. To convert 47:13 to 47.22 just mu...

Change of address auto-reply rule is not working in Outlook 2003
Hello, I've been trying to set up an auto-reply rule in Outlook 2003 home (that is, using my POP account with my ISP). I am in the process of changing my ISP, and want to send an auto-reply message to all entries in my Outlook contacts folder. I specified the following conditions in the rule: - sender is in Contacts address book, and on this machine only - reply using C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\New address.oft The template contains a simple update email text message, the recipient and subject fields are empty. I treid testing the ru...

Tracking Changes Question
Hi, We are trying to find a way to track all of the changes to our spreadshets and, I was hoping, to our modules. This is related to the Sarbanes Oxley Act. The powers that be want to freeze our spreadsheets at a point in time and then track any changes that we make. Is anybody familiar with this? Thanks, Anita Yes, you need to make the workbook a shared worbook (Tools>Shar Workbook) then select enable tracking (Tools>Track Changes). 'Here's (http://tinyurl.com/3e3g3) the official line. Or you can find tutorial 'here (http://www.jmu.edu/computing/workshop/handouts/...

Automatic Changes to Linked Cells
I eed to find a way to link to a cell and have the link follow that cell should it chanage due to editing of the spreadsheet. For example in Spreadsheet 1 I linked cell A1 to cell B1 in spreadsheet 2. Then I made changes in spreadsheet 2 and the contents of cell B1 are now located in cell B5. How do I get the link in spreadsheet 1 cell A1 to automatically change to be linked to cell B5 in spreadsheet 2? The version of excel that I have automatically puts in the "$" before the cell letter and number. I have done a test by taking out the "$" to see if it would...

change date range for yearly calendar
I am trying to make a one page yearly calendar that begins in July 2006 and ends in June 2007. I can not seem to change the dates to begin at any other time than January. Can someone tell me if I should be able to do this? Thanks so much. Change the date range before you select yearly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "shelsar" <shelsar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCBBD552-A381-4B22-8D83-5FDC88BFCB2D@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a one page yearly calendar that begi...

Can you make Outlook have no default email address?
I'm wondering if there is a way to have no default email address. I have more than one email, one for personal use and one for business. I find that I forget to change the account I'm sending from. I would like Outlook to force me to select the account I'm using before I can send an email. Is there a way to do that? No, but you could use VBA to confirm the account after you hit send. See outlookcode.com for code samples. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/...

Data from 3 different sheets in the same workbook
We have to produce a pie chart on a new sheet which will show the percentage total of 3 different data that are in 3 different sheets but the cell's still the same (B14 in sheet1, B14 in sheet2, B14 in sheet3). I hold the CTRL button but it doesn't work. Is there a way to create this piechart without linking the 3 data in a fourth sheet? We tried in a lot of different ways but they give us errors (one of them is "reference is not valid") Thanks are there any limitations as to why you could not link to 4th sheet? "Marta" wrote: > We have to produce a pie ch...

how do i change "prepared by"?
in excel - how do i change prepared by / aurthor? of documents Hi, go to page Layout, page set up choose print Titles and look into Header and footer "Roger Kettle" wrote: > in excel - how do i change prepared by / aurthor? of documents You waqnt to change the Author's name for one particular workbook? In 2003.........File>Properties>Statistics. In 2007.........Button>Prepare Change name and save workbook. To change default name for all new workbooks change the name found in 2003........Tools>Options>General>User Name in 200...

Change FORMAT #3
I am just a beginner and I would like to change the format of as cell according to a condition in another cell. First example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1=M Second example:I have a cell A3 that contains a text, and I want to change it format to BOLD and change the background to BLUE when A1 has a GREEN background Please help You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for:...

font changes in reply's original message
When I "reply" to a message the original message font is changed to "alba super" in some messages. Not all replies do this. What is happening here and how can I change the font used? Using word and outlook 03. Have you checked the option under Mail format to always use my fonts? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jmsdallas asked: | When I "reply" to a message the original message fon...

Doesn't remember password after Echange server change
Ok, now it has happened to me too. After my company changed their Echange server today, I cannot manage Outlook 2003 to remember my password. I've tried many solutions that I found via Google or in the newsgroups, nothing worked and now I'm stuck. I've tried to delete the subfolder in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider" and tried several things in "Stored User Names and Passwords" (via Manage my network passwords in Control Panel | User Accounts) as well. When I do a system restore to yesterday's situation, it DOES...

shortcut to open workbook as read only? Excel 2000
I have a workbook that contains data that will be used for mail merge. Users will be filtering the data before the merge, so I want them to use a copy of the workbook so the original data is safe. I know users can select Open As Copy from the drop down next to the Open button, but it's not obvious to a casual user, so I'd like to create a shortcut in windows explorer for them that they can double click to open the workbook as a copy. Does anyone know if that's possible? Thanks :) Maybe you could just mark the workbook readonly (using windows explorer). Or even give it a p...

Employee Name Change
We had an employee get married who is also a user in CRM. When we changed her name in Active Directory, it did not change in CRM. Now when the user tries to run a report, the reports do not run. She gets error message "The property ‘nullable’ of report parameter ‘CRM_Locale’ is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError)" So we disabled her account in CRM and tried to add in the newly renamed account but CRM would not let us stating that the user was already in the system. Please advise. ...

Can I change names of fields in calendar?
I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action officer. I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh form that appears when you make an appointment. No, you can't change them. You could use in-cell editing and create the items in table view, where the column display names can be changed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Outlook CRM client connect error after password change
When a laptop users changes their password when prompted, they launch the web version of CRM fine. But the Outlook client fails with the failure to load crm funtionality error because it can't authenticate. I have cleared out the IE passwords and locked the workstation to update with windows password cache but the Outlook client still fails. Where else could the password be stored or cached? Andrew. Update password at below location: Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> User Accounts >> SELECT YOUR USERNAME >> Manage my network passwords I hope t...

How do I make changes on my home page apply to all pages
I am trying to change my home page to the format that I want. I would like for this to apply to all pages rather than go into all 10 of them one by one. How do I do this?? HELP!!! ...

Visio 2002 Default Line size
I go to more line weights and select a weight of "1" and click apply. This seems to set the size temporarily. The problem is that when I close Visio 2002 and open it again, the line weight comes back as a default of "3". Is there a way to make this default as a line weight of "1"? Thanks --JoeH ...

POS Receipt format change
I would like to have the "Sales Receipt" read "Sales Invoice" or "Invoice". Also I would like to have "Transaction #" replaced with "Invoice #". Can anyone help me with this? I have been able to edit the "Sales Receipt" portion in an xml editor but have not been able to change the "Transaction #" as there must be some other coding that needs to change. Thank you in advance. Robert Hi Robert, you can find the SUB: PrintTransactionType and then locate the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceNumberCaption reference field. this...

page size revers to default by itself
I have a problem with MS Office Publisher 2003, (11.8166.8172) SP3 on Windows XP, SP2. I have a large format printer (Epson 1400) that will print up to 13x17. When I try to print a size larger than 8 1/2 x 11, I set it up but the printer prints only an 8 1/2 x 11 section of the 13 x 17 page. When I set up, I set the page size in Publisher 2003 to 11x17. I then select my printer from the control panel and set it up for 13x17 also. When the printer's driver window pops up in the lower right hand corner of my screen, it show that the printer is set for 8 1/2 x 11 and prints that size....

Automatic Font Change
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I hit an apostrophe, Word automatically changes the font of my document. Even with autocorrect turned off this happens. How can I make it stop? It sounds like you may have smart quotes turned on and the font you are using does not contain them so it switches to one that does. Turn off smart quotes or change fonts. Thank You. ...

Background color issue
Hi, I have a background color set for my tri-fold brochure, but it doesn't cover the whole page (8 1/2 X 11)?!? There is white space that surrounds my background. Any ideas why? Thanks, Scott It is the limitation of your printer's default margin. Look at your documentation... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Scott" <wsb@transworldhealth.com> wrote in message news:09ff01c4ff1b$31c6f9a0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a background color set for my tri-fold brochure, but > it doe...

Change a Error Notice
When I Distribute my Invoices from a holding (Button Code below), my list box then shows a list of this error #Deleted, but they have just been moved! So if 10 Invoices are distributed I get 10 errors #Deleted Thanks for any Help...Bob Private Sub cmdDistributeAllInvoices_Click() Dim nRtnValue As Integer nRtnValue = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Distribute All Invoices?" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "If you choose Yes, all the Invoices will have Invoice Numbers.", vbCritical + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Distribute all Invoices") If nRtnVa...

Email reply tracks but icon does not change in Outlook for some users
We have email replies tracking mostly successfully, but we still have one bug. When I receive a reply to a tracked email, the email shows as tracked in my Outlook summary view. However, for other users, the icon does not change. When they open up the email, it still gives them the option to track. But if I go into the contact record they used for Regarding, I can see the email in the history. So it's tracking, but they aren't seeing it as tracked. They have different rights than me in both CRM and in the domain. If they click the Track button, the Regarding will populate and the...

Changing setup name in Microsoft Outlook email
I recently setup my Outlook email account (msn.com) and would like to change my name associated with the account. How can I do this. >-----Original Message----- >I recently setup my Outlook email account (msn.com) and would like to change >my name associated with the account. How can I do this. >. > More information would eliminate answers that are not applicable to your situation. Anyway, Outlook 2003 Help responded with this answer: Change an e-mail account name An e-mail account name is the name that appears in the list of e-mail accounts you have created. If you use ...

Schedule Change Log
Is it possible for MSProject Server 2007 to log schedule changes for reporting purposes? My customer has a requirement in which they want to see all additions, deletions, logic changes, and duration changes. We have a 20k line item schedule that changes frequently. We're currently dumping before/after schedules into Excel and using vlookup. Thanks! Sandy Sandy -- There is no automatic change log available in Project Server 2007, but there is a manual method you could use. Before the PM makes changes to the enterprise project, he/she should click File - Save As ...