Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?

I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is
far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just
takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck
printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is
readable.
0
Leon1 (14)

It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page >
Scaling.  Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com

"Leon" <Leon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it
>is
> far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just
> takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am
> stuck
> printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is
> readable.

0
sandymann2 (1054)

The way numbers are displayed
I have a price sheet that displays prices like this 6.26248371689101 need to change them to display $6.26 have tried currency, accounting, everything. Please help Thanks for any help! It looks like your "numbers" are in fact text. With the "number" in A1, put this formula in another cell: =VALUE(A1) You can format that cell the way you like -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Pnw" <Pnw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88FBFADE-4DE6-4974-9B15-72116946BC95@microsoft.com... |I have a price sheet that displays prices li...

Format to print in columns on 1 page
I have Excel 2002. I have a spreadsheet with 250 entries all in column with info for each in column B. When printed out, this uses severa pages with just a small portion to the left of the page being printe on. If possible, I would like the columns to automatically wrap acros the page. For example, the 2 columns that print on page 2 and 3 woul automatically print to the right of the columns on page 1. Is thi possible? Thanks in advance for any help. Robi -- craftygramm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- craftygramma's Profile: http://www.excelforum.c...

How to convert text to number format
I copy a table of numbers from web to Excel. They appear as text and I can't do algebric command on them (For example their "sum" become zero) I know it is possible to change number format to text format but is there any command to convert numbers to texts so I can sum up them? Changing the format from: Format/Cells Number tab and category box doesn't help. Any comment is appreciated TIA Rasoul Rasoul Copy an empty cell. Select your range of data. Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:00:54 +0330, "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar&...

populating a cell with parameters
I need to populate cells with another cell ex. if a2 thru a6 = 872 I need b2 thru b6 = text message Any suggestions on how to do it??? Enter this in B2 and copy down to B6 =IF(SUM($A$2:$A$6)=872,"is 872","not 872") OR if you mean each of A2 thru A6 = 872 then In B2 enter =IF(A2=872,"is 872","not 872") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 17:23:02 -0700, Shannon Bisram <Shannon Bisram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to populate cells with another cell > >ex. if a2 thru a6 = 872 > >I need b2 thru b6 = t...

How do you get the templete to print in it's total graph?
IT IS ONLY PRINTING THE TOP HEADER. Can you please enlarge on this question (WITHOUT SHOUTING, please) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "sonie" <sonie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB652A9-0323-44A5-B667-4CD38E4BF1C0@microsoft.com... > IT IS ONLY PRINTING THE TOP HEADER. ...

Lookup external data by cell or range
I have a column in excel consisting of part numbers that I would like to extract information from a foxpro table. For each part number in the range I want to extract available quantity, cost, and other information from the outside table and bring it into the excel spreadsheet. I did this a long time ago with lotus 123 by printing the range of cells to a file and then use a foxpro DOS prog to extract the information from the fox table and then saved it to a text file to be imported later into lotus. I could probably do the same with excel, but I would like to automate the process furt...

Sum of all even and odd numbers between two columns
I have column "A," and "B," with random numbers listed. I need a formula to add just the even numbers in column "A," and all the odd numbers in column "B." I.E.(Range A1:A10 & B1:B10) Help! Oz One way Put in C1: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A10,2)=0),A1:A10) (add even numbers in col A) Put in D1: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(B1:B10,2)=1),B1:B10) (add odd numbers in col B) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Oz" <Oz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13BA...

How to total cells in a range with data input
Greetings to all members I am running Excel 97. An office colleague presented me with an issue that might be of interest to any Excel whiz and seasoned programmers. I would certainly appreciate any pointers in solving it. So here goes. The set of values includes 33 cells ranging from B4:D14. The data type is numeric. Data is only input in a few cells. QUESTION What would be the function to enter in, say, cell A15 to indicate the total number of cells in range B4:D14 that have received data input? Or does it involve some behind the scene VBA programming? EXAMPLE B6 = 9 C9 = 4 D11 ...

How to set cell validation in excel using name range?
I have 2 worksheets in my workbook. First worksheet has name range (for example a1:b5 name = valName). In another worksheet I want to create cell validation as combobox by using value from range name "valName" in first worksheet as it source. How can I do that in C#? ...

Is there any way to split contents of a cell into more cells.
in a cell i am having date like 123, 435, 546, 546. I want now the 123 in one cell, 435 in another cell, 546 in another cell and so on. It there any way to split the contents of a cell into more cells. Hi, Have a look at Data|Text to columns and use comma as a delimiter. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "saravanan" wrote: > in a cell i am having date like 123, 435, 546, 546. I want now the 123 in one > cell, 435 in anot...

Mandatory entry for a group of cells?
How do I designate a group of cells as requiring an entry, without using a macro? I'd use a nice visible cell and format it in big bold red letters. Say your range you want to check is 3 cells (a1:A3). Then in B1: =if(counta(a1:a3)=3,"","You must enter all three cells") Actually, I like to use an adjacent cell for each cell that must be filled in. =if(a1="","","<-- This cell cannot be left blank!") JB wrote: > > How do I designate a group of cells as requiring an entry, without using a > macro? -- Dave Peterson Hi ...

Updating Consecutive Cells in a Range
How can I update the next consecutive empty cell in a range each time a value is entered in the same cell? For eample, I enter bank account balances in cell c4. Each time the next consecutive empty cell in range c6:c20 updates with the value entered. Thanks for your help. Do you mean =$C$4 in the Range C6:C20? -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Stilltrader47" <Stilltrader47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E0FFB22-F089-47AF-B64B-87DA60B19C7D@microsoft.com... > How can I update the next consecutive empty cell in a range each...

hide row 5 if a zero in cell D5
To All The code below is copied from a reply (by Frank Kabel) to a previous post. It hides all rows with a zero in column D Sub hide_rows( Dim RowNdx As Lon Dim LastRow As Lon LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Ro For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step - If Cells(RowNdx, "D").Value = 0 The Rows(RowNdx).Hidden = Tru End I Next RowNd End Su Does anyone know how to re-write the code to hide row 5 if a zero is in cell D5 Thanks, btk Hi! Try Sub hide_row5() If range("D5").Value = 0 Then Rows(5).Hidden = True End Sub Al -- Message...

Listing just a single actual months events from a table over a number of years.
In Access I have a table of events with one column having the date dd/mm/yyyy. I want to, for example, list all the events that took place in the month of February in all years. so it would extract 12/02/1999, 25/02/2003 and so on. And then later,all the November events, etc. Thanks for your help. Jim. Hi you may post this to the Access NG. But also Acces should have a month function IIRC and you could create a user defined field in your query -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jimsunz wrote: > In Access I have a table of events with one column having the date > dd/mm/yyy...

How to dinamic cell that searches for "value1 & value2" in table.
Hi I have an excell sheet with columns city and comercename i would like to make a dinamic cell that searches for city=Lisbon & comercename=cars and it would search the entire database and crate an output with all entries witch respected city=lisbon and comercename=cars. How to? Hi Have a look at Data/Filter/Autofilter. -- Andy. "armindo" <armindo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A59A9F3-6C05-4897-8495-5A2457EC5639@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have an excell sheet with columns city and comercename i would like to > make a dinamic cel...

convert text to number for a range of data in a column
I have a set of data that are numbers stored as text. CLicking on the little green tab enables me to convert the text in the cell into a number. All The data in the column starting from a certain row and ending at a certain row are numbers stored as text. Also, it's a very long long long list. Is there a shortcut to converting all the data to numbers without having to click the green tab for each cell or having to highlight all the cells in the column (only to zip past the last row) and go through cell properties? Thanks In an un-used cell enter 1. Copy the cell and then paste/spe...

How do I put a reference number in the margin in Word
I'm writing a report and need to put a note in the margin of some paragraphs with a reference number such as D1 in it. I could add it as a comment, but that is not how it should look, unless there is a way of just having the comment in the margin without the bubble and the line to the text. Any suggestions please? Dave See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bally67" <Bally67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E718AA4A-3303-48BE-9F65-FE6E5A0F5E45@microsoft.com... > I'm wr...

Print Spool Service
Dear All, Is there any way to get notification, event or message for Print Spooler Service Start and Stop operations. I want to perform certain actions based on Print Spool Service Start / Stop. Please inform if you have any idea to get the Print Spool Service status. Thanks in advance. Regards, Ajay ...

Why is Publisher crashing when I select Print Preview?
I've used Print Preview before, but now the whole program closes when I select it. It doesn't make a difference whether I select it on the toolbar or from the dropdown menus. Any thoughts. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Leah S-W" <Leah S-W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B027FA0-7425-4CF9-94BE-0CA15A05FF45@microsoft.com... > I've used Print Preview before, but now the ...

Printing Excel Objects in Publisher 2002
I have copied objects from an excel work sheet into my Publisher file, but when I go to print the file the object prints the grid lines which were disabled in the original excel file am I doing something wrong. It is a flip/flop bug, with no fix. Some people have this issue, others don't - why? - nobody knows. Fortunately I don't. -- ...

Quicker way of chaning Cell ref in Define Name
Hi, I have excel files which using define names. There are a lot of define names, each referencing to colum A to W with different row number. Columns C1 - W1 represent the date (working date only exclude Saturday and Sunday) for the month of June For example, A1 = Category 1 Name B1 = Category 2 Name C1 = Jun 01, 2004 D1 = Jun 02, 2004 E1 = Jun 03, 2004 .... W1 = Jun 30,2004 I may call A1-W1= Bonus then A2-W2= Rebates etc. For July we have 1 extra days, being 31 days, so I have to add a column (Column X) for July 31, 2004. In order for the Name reference to be correct, I have to c...

how do i print a picture A3 size? the picture always stays in A4 .
Can you setup your printer for A3? I think if we had more information we could help. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sandy1986" <sandy1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BCBEAA-0545-44AB-9C7A-79B224FF34B1@microsoft.com... > ...

sheet printing in wrong color
When I print a sheet that I want to print in black and white and some numbers in red, the sheet prints in blue and some numbers in red. If I change the sheet to print in b/w, the red numbers also print in black. I have tried selecting the entire sheet and choosing automatic font color and no fill. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The grid alos prints in this blue shade... Thanks ...

Reading joystick input
Hi. I'm trying to make an mfc application that can read joystick input. In MSDN tutorial, it says that I need to create a DirectInput object first before I can retrieve the data from joystick. But when I tried to implement: ----------------------------------------- HINSTANCE g_hinst; HRESULT hr; LPDIRECTINPUT8 g_lpDI; hr = DirectInput8Create(g_hinst, DIRECTINPUT_VERSION, IID_IDirectInput8A, (void**)&g_lpDI, NULL); ----------------------------------------- in my program (inside CMyView::OnIntialUpdate()), these following errors occured. ----------------------...

Outlook 2000
I receive the following error message now and then, more often recently: The instruction at "0x3a2712f7" referenced memory at "0x74774758". The memory could not be read. This usually follows periods where my various outlook accounts have errors sending mail through their pop servers. Mostly the error message states: The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. Account: xx@xxx.com; SMTP server mail.xx.com. Error# 0x800ccc0f. I'm reasonably sure the settings are correct since it works some of the time. Any body know what's going on? ...