cell value plus text

I would like to know how to get the value from one cell (C81) entered into
another cell (N81) and then have text after that value.  For example, if
C81=2, I need N81 to have 2 plus text (2 oranges).  If this is not possible,
I do have the text in the first row and could reference that cell, but then
would need to know how to string the two cells of text together (i.e. C81=2
and C1=oranges so N81=2 oranges).
0
deanna (14)

Try one of these:

=C81&" oranges"

Or, using a cell to hold oranges:

C1 = oranges

=C81&" "&C1

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Deanna" <Deanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know how to get the value from one cell (C81) entered into
> another cell (N81) and then have text after that value.  For example, if
> C81=2, I need N81 to have 2 plus text (2 oranges).  If this is not
> possible,
> I do have the text in the first row and could reference that cell, but
> then
> would need to know how to string the two cells of text together (i.e.
> C81=2
> and C1=oranges so N81=2 oranges).

0
biffinpitt (3172)
2/22/2009 4:13:30 AM
try this in cell N81
=C81&" oranges" or
=C81&" "&C1

--
Hope this is helpful

Appreciate that you provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below
if this post have helped you.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Deanna" wrote:

> I would like to know how to get the value from one cell (C81) entered into
> another cell (N81) and then have text after that value.  For example, if
> C81=2, I need N81 to have 2 plus text (2 oranges).  If this is not possible,
> I do have the text in the first row and could reference that cell, but then
> would need to know how to string the two cells of text together (i.e. C81=2
> and C1=oranges so N81=2 oranges).
0
xlsmate (17)
2/22/2009 9:37:02 AM
You can also use Custom Formatting  Format/Cells/Number Custom; Insert
the format as 0 " oranges".
This will show "oranges", but as it holds a numerical value, it means
you can calculate with it as normal.

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113

On Feb 22, 4:46=A0pm, mdmackillop <mdmackillop.3o0...@thecodecage.com>
wrote:
> You can also use Custom Formatting =A0Format/Cells/Number Custom; Insert
> the format as 0 " oranges".
> This will show "oranges", but as it holds a numerical value, it means
> you can calculate with it as normal.
>
> --
> mdmackillop
> mdmackillop's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=
=3D113
> View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=3D673=
21

Dear mdmackillop
A very nice solution. while the cell is numeric and you can conduct
the calculation it also shows the text you want.

visual basic

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

parameter for text

Value is BLANK

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...