Cell References: R[-2]C[0] vs A10

One of my excel spreadsheet suddenly replaced all of the "normal" Ax
references to R[x]C[y] references.

How to I restore the default reference system???

Thanks

In Excel 2007:

Office button>Excel Options>Formulas>Working with formulas>uncheck R1C1
reference style>OK

Other versions of Excel:

Tools>Options>General tab>Settings>uncheck R1C1 reference style>OK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arthur" <Arthur@OregonKoiGardens.com> wrote in message
> One of my excel spreadsheet suddenly replaced all of the "normal" Ax
> references to R[x]C[y] references.
>
> How to I restore the default reference system???
>
> Thanks

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/27/2009 2:02:19 AM
Thanks Biff, that did it.

Now, how that ever got turned on I don't have a clue.
Well maybe, Excel did crash and the restored file came back that way.

Thanks again.

Arthur

> Thanks Biff, that did it.
>
> Now, how that ever got turned on I don't have a clue.
> Well maybe, Excel did crash and the restored file came back that way.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Arthur
>
> "T. Valko" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In Excel 2007:
>>
>> Office button>Excel Options>Formulas>Working with formulas>uncheck R1C1
>> reference style>OK
>>
>> Other versions of Excel:
>>
>> Tools>Options>General tab>Settings>uncheck R1C1 reference style>OK
>>
>> --
>> Biff
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>>

>> "Arthur" <Arthur@OregonKoiGardens.com> wrote in message
>>> One of my excel spreadsheet suddenly replaced all of the "normal" Ax
>>> references to R[x]C[y] references.
>>>
>>> How to I restore the default reference system???
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/27/2009 5:01:28 PM
Excel picks up this setting from the first workbook you open in that session.

If you have a co-worker who likes R1C1 Reference Style and you're unlucky enough
to open a workbook that he saved as the first workbook in that session, you'll
be making the same change again.

So make a note of Biff's suggestion.

And then start a reference style war at your place of business!!!

--

Dave Peterson
0

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

VB Macro #2

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

VCR to DVD Part 2

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Reference Book
I'm a Win32 programmer, and I'm trying to get into some MFC. I've read a little about MFC, but the books lack a lot of quality and descriptive text about the structure of MFC. Can I ask whose book is the Charles Petzold of MFC? Thank you I haven't seen a bad MFC book in a long time, but then again, I haven't bought a new MFC book in many years. My presonal perference are the MFC books published by Wrox Press http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=1861000855&itm=31 You can't go wrong with the Microsoft Press ones either. Al...

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Automatic changes in cells

Missing Reference
Argh! There was a missing reference, " Microsft DAO2.5/3.5 Compact ..." I unselected it and backed out - now, every date field is filled with today's date and several other fields have gone to the 'dark side'. The $ field shows $0.00 for everyone and another field is blank. I went back into the dialog box and I can't find that reference in the list to reselect it. Thank goodness I experimented using a copy, eh? >-----Original Message----- >Your references are probably messed up. >If any of the selected references have "MISSING:" in front ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2