Cell formatting #4

For print formatting purposes I need to duplicate a keyed in numeric value
from one cell (say A4) into another cell (say Z4).  In many cases the
original cell (A4) will be blank.  How do I make the duplicate cell (Z4)
remain blank also?  Right now I end up with the original cell (A4) as blank
and the duplicate cell (Z4) as a 0 value.  If I do put an entry into the
original cell, it will be numeric (say 1.3).  The duplicate cell will have
the same number of significant digits as the original cell.
0
FatBob (1)

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:04:00 -0800, FatBob
<FatBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>For print formatting purposes I need to duplicate a keyed in numeric value
>from one cell (say A4) into another cell (say Z4).  In many cases the
>original cell (A4) will be blank.  How do I make the duplicate cell (Z4)
>remain blank also?  Right now I end up with the original cell (A4) as blank
>and the duplicate cell (Z4) as a 0 value.  If I do put an entry into the
>original cell, it will be numeric (say 1.3).  The duplicate cell will have
>the same number of significant digits as the original cell.

Try this formula in cell Z4:

=IF(A4="","",A4)

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke
0
larske6807 (34)
12/28/2008 1:15:27 AM
Hi,

In cell Z4 enter the formula

=IF(A4,A4,"")

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"FatBob" <FatBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For print formatting purposes I need to duplicate a keyed in numeric value
> from one cell (say A4) into another cell (say Z4).  In many cases the
> original cell (A4) will be blank.  How do I make the duplicate cell (Z4)
> remain blank also?  Right now I end up with the original cell (A4) as
> blank
> and the duplicate cell (Z4) as a 0 value.  If I do put an entry into the
> original cell, it will be numeric (say 1.3).  The duplicate cell will have
> the same number of significant digits as the original cell.

cells contents
I have a cell that has data in it that i cannot clear. i have looked at the locks and it is unlocked. This cell you can write over it and the data is retained. You can clear contents and the the new data is cleared, but the orginial data returns. there are no macros in the spread sheet. I am just trying to get rid of this data. thanks bob Are you sure that there are no macros. If you close excel and restart in Safe mode, does it work normally? Close excel windows start button|Run type this and hit enter excel /safe file|open your workbook and test it out. (From your descrip...

Excel-can't turn off multiple cell selection or add text/numbers
When I open a spread sheet and left click my mouse in a cell, I can't enter any data. If I move the mouse, it highlights the cells the cursor touches and I can't turn that off. Hitting the Esc key does nothing. I'm locked out of all the toolbar functions. The only way I can terminated the program is by going to task manager and 'end task'. The EXT indicator isn't on, but even if it was, I should be able to get out of it by hitting F8. If I try to X out of Excel by going off the page and selecting anything, the cells just keep getting highlighted. Yes, I'...

change format language
how do i change language in programme from german to english. down loaded "lexmark quick books plus 2007" in german. can you change to english when you open programme....

3 cell problem
Hi need help with this simple task. 3 cells A1 A2 & A3, if cell a2 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display yes, if cell a3 has the number 1 in it I need cell A1 to display no, If both cells are blank I need A1 to be blank. Thanks Much... Diane maybe... =if(a2=1,"yes",if(a3=1,"no",if(and(a2="",a3=""),"","what goes here"))) What happens if both a2 and a3 contain 1? What happens if A2 or A3 are not blank, but don't contain 1? ...

Formatting time: eliminate additional :00
I would like to include a time and date together (not the current one, but from the database). When I use: =([Date]) & ", " & ([Time]) I get: 4/30/2009, 9:15:00 AM How can I get rid of the last :00? =Format([Date] + [Time], "m/d/yyyy \, h:nn") Incidentally, if those are your real field names, change them. Date and TIme are both reserved words, and should never be used for your own purposes. For a comprehensive list of names to avoid (as well as a link to a free utility to check your application for compliance), check what Allen Browne ha...

Move Split Cell
We Have addresses that have Apt. After the numeric digits without spaces we want to move it to end how can we? Ex; 123a Main St NY NY 10988 shall change to 123 Main St NY NY 10988 #a =LOOKUP(10^10,MID(A1,1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))))+0)&MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1),99)&" #"&SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1),LOOKUP(10^10,MID(A1,1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))))+0),"") "dk" wrote: > We Have addresses that have Apt. After the numeric digits without spaces we > want to move it to end how can we? > Ex...

Emails: Word via Outlook... formatting & text color, size change
Hello... I've been trying to figure this out for two days. Can someone please help? I'm wanting to create an email message in Word, then send it out by mail merge thru Outlook. The email looks like I want it in Word AND when I send it to myself at my sbcglobal email account. However, in gmail and hotmail, it inserts spaces in a single-spaced bulleted list and the name & address at the end. It also, seemingly randomly, makes some of the characters appear to be in a noticeably smaller font (specifically, the PO Box - just the number part of that line - and the email address and web...

updating linked cells
I've recently updated to office 2003, and I'm having trouble with Excel. the problem is with worksheets that do not automatically update the results of new cell entries. For example, If I add a new value in a cell that is in a range that calculates the average of that range, the new value is not automatically included in the calculation, although the formula indicates that it should be. the only fix that I've been able to come up with is to go to every cell and update it manually by double-clicking it. This is extremely irritating! Any suggestions? This was not a problem in Of...

Clear cell from formula?

Change in cell content alert
I use ByVal to notify me of any change to column 5. However, the cells in the column 5 contain a forumla and I want to be notified of a change in the content of the column (different outputs based on the formula) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 5 Then MsgBox Target.Offset(0, -4).Value & " changed", vbInformation End If End Sub Use the Calculate event. It runs whenever the worksheet is re-calculated. You will need to use some static variables to "remember" the results of the previous calculation. -- Gar...

AUtomatically hiding a row when a certain cell is blank
Hi there, I have a table which shows the languages spoken by children in our school. In column B are all the possible languages, Column C shows the number of chidlren who speak that particular language. WHen I break this down into class, there are some rows which have a blank cell under the number of chidlren who speak that language. I would like to be able to automatically hide any row that has that particular cell as a blank. Is it possible? choose a cell you would like to hide. choose "conditional formatting" in the format menu. choose "formula is" type: =isbl...

Test cells for values if date matches
I have the following formula: =IF($AT$122:$BX$122=K$4,(IF(OR($AT$147:$BX$166="R"),"R",IF(OR($AT$147:$BX$166="Y"),"Y","G"))),"G") AT122:BX122 - Contains a work of date. K4 - Contains the date to be reported on. AT147:BX166 - Contains a status for a processing site ("R", "Y", or "G") I am trying to get the reporting cell to display an "R" if any of the cells in the column that has the date that matches K4 has an "R" in it. If there are no "R"s in that column, the...

charting same cell across multiple tabs #2
How do you create a chart reference to that it will chart the same cell but across a range of tabs. Example, I have a years worth of tabs on a sheet, MMDDYYY, all with the same format on the sheet. I have a value that is in the same cell on each tab and I want to see the trend over several months, from tab x to tab y. I thought this would be the formula: ='08042003:10142003'!$R$4 But I get the error: reference not valid. Thanks, Ron. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from htt...

Cell borders printing black instead of grey
I have a three worksheet excel file (ver2000) in which two of the three sheets are experiencing printing problems. The third one is perfect. Anything that has a cell border in the first two files prints black eventhough the digital version is grey and thinner. The third file that looks and was created the same way prints fine. I've checked the page setup from top to bottom and cannot find any difference between the correctly printing worksheet and the goofy ones. How do I fix this? Why are the lines printing incorrectly? Select all cells of one of the problem sheets & go to For...

another conditional formatting problem
Here's the situation: I have about 1000 cells. The first cell starts at a postive number (i 5000). Each cell afterwards has a value smaller than the previous cel (ie 5000, 4998, 4990, 4809....). Eventually the number will reach zer or a negative number. Once a cell reaches a zero or a negative number, I want all th remaining cells after it to display nothing (or null or something lik that). Here is my formula to do that: =IF(I23<=0," ",(I23+((I23*($H$14/12))-J23))) The above is basically saying: IF(previous cell<=0 THEN display " " ELSE make a calculation to ...

Nesting IF statements, Conditional Formatting
Hi Folks, I'm hoping someone has an easy answer. I have a dillemma I wanted to address with conditional formatting but the conditional formatting only allows for 3 circumstances. I have a column of percentages - 0 through 100%. I have a series of ranks - A through F and X. A = >0 through 20% B = 21 through 40% C = 41 through 60% D = 61 through 80% F = 81 through 100% X = 0% If the percentages are in column I, and I want column J to reflect the proper letter rank, based on I, how do I nest my formula in J to show the right information, *or* how do I use conditional formatting? I in...

Start_Incremental Full Text indexing job on CRM 4.0 server
We have just completed upgrading to CRM 4.0 in production. We upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. I noticed that there is a job on the SQL server titled "Start_Incremental on <OrganizationName>.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]" Th job runs every 15 minutes and fails. I have been able to find information on 1.2 and 3.0 installations, but not 4.0. Is this job even needed in 4.0? We are on SQL 2005 so the index should run every 15 minutes anyway?? I have been able to find the catalog and noticed that the name is not ftcat_documentindex as specified in the job's step1. I was able to g...

I HATE WORD!!! How do I get rid of visible formatting???
I accidentally hit some key combination that made all the formatting information (paragraph symbols, arrows for tabs, etc) suddely appear. I go into the formatting menu and deselect "Show Formatting" and nothing happens. I save the document, quit, and reopen, and it's still there. The really, really, really irritating part is, this happened a couple of hours ago, and I fixed it by deselecting "Show Formatting". Now it doesn't work. Typical MS Word. Does anyone else hate this stupid POS program as much as I do? There... I feel better. Tks! Butch Hi Butch, ...

Dates #4
I am charting by dates, but am not consistent on gathering info. I have info from 9/31/2002, 12/31/04 2/4/5, 4/1/5, 4/18/5 and from then on info every two weeks or so. But I need them to show up with the correct time intervals in between. It should be a long way from 9/31/2002 to 12/31/04 and shorter times from 9/1/6 to 9/15/6 to 10/1/6. Is there away to have the chart picture the actual time line with correct distances in between? Hi, If those values where actual dates then the chart should attempt to plot them as a Time series , which would give you the proportional gaps between...

Date Formatting Problem #3
Hello, I am new to this group. I am having issues with the date formattin feature in Excel 2000. Formatted date as mm-dd-yy. In some cells when you key in 01/02/04, it reverts it to 02/01/04. I had to change my keyboard from English- Canadian to English US as was getting french accents everytime I wanted a question mark. I read that this may be the problem ?? Any suggestions on what to tr and resolve this one ? I changed the date format to dd-mm-yy to make the formatting work as mm-dd-yy ( but this is not th way it is supposed to work, just a work around to have the date displa as ...

Change format of date in query?
Can this be done? I hope I’m missing something small. A query named “Qry Monthly Volunteer Email” has a field named [Date]. Right now it returns 4/24/2010 but I would like for it to return “Sat, 4/24/2010” to solve any confusion as to day of the week. I modified the following from other discussions on this subject, but it continues to return 4/24/2010. SELECT [Tbl Vol Opportunities].Date, Format([Date],"ddd, mm/dd/yy") Thank you for your help! On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:39:01 -0700, Flopbot <Flopbot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can this be done? ...

Adding a drop down ascending/descending menu in a cell
How can I add a drop down menu into a cell with options of ascending and descending? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 Upgrade to xl2003 and use Data|Filter. Else you'll have to provide your own symbols and your own code to sort. "Erik K via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > How can I add a drop down menu into a cell with options of ascending and > descending? > > -- > Message posted via OfficeKB.com > http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 -- Dave Peterson ...

Have the Choice to Save FRx and GP Reports to PDF format
All of Our other Reporting Software from other vendors offerthis feature i think it would be great to have it included to improve portability and transmission of the reports,Plus the overall design of the report would not be sacraficed like the excell export or html formats ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

Conditional Formatting 03-17-10
I have a continuous form where records can be in either 1 of 3 states (Red Amber or Green) I can conditionally format all the fields using expression to have the same colour but I would like to change the background colour of the Detail section to also go red, amber or green. Is this possible? and if so could you provide me with some code please :) "Mr-Re Man" <MrReMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C3D9C9E-439E-41D2-A0FF-C9A0AC26FA92@microsoft.com... >I have a continuous form where records can be in either 1 of 3 states (Red > Amber o...

Incomplete Printing of Cell info.
Worksheet is created. When I review I have to double click to see 100% of my info within a cell, When I print only a portion of the typed info in the cell appears. I have "Formated" and selected "Auto-fit". 100% of the info still will not print. What should I do? Without knowing what the cell contains, who knows? The more detail you provide, the better the answer you will get! -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "Kimberly" wrote: > Worksheet is created. > > When I review I have to double click to see 100% of my info within a ce...