Cell entries display problem.

A10 is Sum(A1:A9). When I enter values in these cells, cells A1, A2, A3,
and A4 do not display values,however, the values is there!A10 shows
correct sum and the values appears on the print screen. How have no
idea how this happens. Please help!
Thanks in advance!

---

Kim

Couple of suggestions.

1.  The Font is formatted to White(no color is default)

2.  You have Custom Format of ;;; for those cells.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:11:55 -0500, Kim-Anh Tran
<<Kim-Anh.Tran.14o9dt@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>A10 is Sum(A1:A9). When I enter values in these cells, cells A1, A2, A3,
>and A4 do not display values,however, the values is there!A10 shows
>correct sum and the values appears on the print screen. How have no
>idea how this happens. Please help!
>Thanks in advance!
>

>---

Gord
4/13/2004 10:46:46 PM
Or (what iI had myself recently as a "problem") you have a conditional
format on those cell ( white font on white background) and the condition is
met.

(More or less the same as Gord's first suggestion, but harder to find.     I
myself had this situation by copying a cell without realising that the cell
had a conditional format).

--
Regards,
Auk  Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

> Kim
>
> Couple of suggestions.
>
> 1.  The Font is formatted to White(no color is default)
>
> 2.  You have Custom Format of ;;; for those cells.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:11:55 -0500, Kim-Anh Tran
> <<Kim-Anh.Tran.14o9dt@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:
>
> >A10 is Sum(A1:A9). When I enter values in these cells, cells A1, A2, A3,
> >and A4 do not display values,however, the values is there!A10 shows
> >correct sum and the values appears on the print screen. How have no
> >idea how this happens. Please help!
> >Thanks in advance!
> >

> >---
> >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

It's was white color for "font"! I am glad it's easy to fix.
I am sorry that I don't know how to reply or post to Newsgroup. I clic
on the icon "Post reply" or new Post. Your instructio is wel
appreciated!
Thanks again for your help

Click reply group
"Kim-Anh Tran >" <<Kim-Anh.Tran.14pqd4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
: It's was white color for "font"! I am glad it's easy to fix.
: I am sorry that I don't know how to reply or post to Newsgroup. I click
: on the icon "Post reply" or new Post. Your instructio is well
: appreciated!
: Thanks again for your help!
:
:
: ---
: Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/
:

0
nospam202 (664)
4/14/2004 5:39:38 PM
I can't find the Reply group button or link any where. I only see Ne
Threat and Reply Post Icon! Where is reply group located?
Thanks,
Kim-An

Sorry just realized you are using web site  -- all previous instructions were
for those using OE to read the newsgroup

You are replying in the group  == reply post is what you want

"Kim-Anh Tran >" <<Kim-Anh.Tran.14zbao@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
: I can't find the Reply group button or link any where. I only see New
: Threat and Reply Post Icon! Where is reply group located?
: Thanks,
: Kim-Anh
:
:
: ---
: Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/
:

0
nospam202 (664)

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

How to sort calendar entries on "size"
I would like to remove large size calendar entries by being able to sort on "size". I am able to sort Inbox items on size but not calendar. My company's exchange server has email account size quota and a 3rd of that quota is being held up by calendar entries on the server side, so I would like to get rid of the unwanted past celndar entries that occupy portion of my account quota. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Umesh On 11/18/03 9:21 PM, in article 049b01c3ae43$d9cf01d0$a301280a@phx.gbl, "Umesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would...

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Manual Entry of Puchase Order
We just upgraded to 2.0 and had been running 1.2 for a few years and only upgraded to fix a database problem. Now I have a new one. We put our purchase orders in manualy because it gives us more control of price changes, etc. The new purchase order screens have thrown my entry into a tailspin. Our main vendor has an invoice that is anywhere from 300 - 700 lines and in this new version, manual entry is almost impossible. Any suggestions?????? You can try TOP Import: http://www.retailhero.com/dynamics_rms_order_import.aspx You can either use a data collector to scan items or just simply f...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

Problems with MFC list controls
I have a large list control with many inventory control items displayed within. When someone single clicks on an item, it displays information about that item in another part of the dialog. I have a three-fold problem, the master list has multiple columns in it, in order to make the selection work properly, only column 0 can be selected, is there a way to make a valid row selection if you select an item using any of the other columns? Second issue is the highlight of the selection. Only column 0 in the list control will highlight, is there a way to make the entire row highlight when an...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Next button problems
I have a next button in a form that I have criteria for. I have a date field that has to be entered before going to another record. When I click the next button I get the pop up that says click update to continue but the form displays the next record instead of staying on the current record that needs updating. Here is the code that I am using. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Private Sub Command39_Click() If IsNull([Post Called Customer]) Then MsgBox "You must click the UPDATE button to continue!!!" Cancel = True End If On Erro...