Cascading ComboBoxes or Listboxes

I want to have a comboBox that displays a list of items
when an item in the box is selected. ex
Select Country ex USA
Returns list of States
Select State
Returns list of cities
Select City
Returns list of ZIpcodes

Any help would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

JJ,

I have a workbook with 2 comboboxes that I can send you if you mail me
direct.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"JJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to have a comboBox that displays a list of items
> when an item in the box is selected. ex
> Select Country ex USA
> Returns list of States
> Select State
> Returns list of cities
> Select City
> Returns list of ZIpcodes
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/23/2004 5:47:18 PM
Hi,
Thanks much. I tried to send you an e-mail direct but it
came back with an error that it couldn' find the server
I would be interested in the workbook, my e-mail address
is "merlin88469@yahoo.com"
Thanks John

0
anonymous (74722)

Cascade for change status
Can I set up cascade options for custom relationship to fit the following requirement: if I deactivate my primary entity, all regarding entities become deactivated. If the raltionships weren't setup with this option, you can override the cascade rules and specifiy that you want status changes to cascade. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "evgeniy_pmsoft" <e.yurevich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189067801.284270.7980@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Can I set up cascade options for custom relationship to fit the following requirement: if I deactivate my primary e...

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

Unbound combobox generating data type error
I have 3 unbound comboboxes in the form header that I'm using in sequence to act as a filtering device for a form. The first combobox allows the user to select the field for filtering from an autogenerated list based on the controls in the form's detail section. The second allows the user to select the criteria based on a hardwired list. The value list of the 3rd combobox is auto-generated based on the data entered in chosen field of the form's recordsource. When this combobox is updated (ie: a value selected) it creates a filter string that filters both the form and a...

Listbox selected count
I have a form with a multiselect listbox. I also have a textbox that gives me a count of the items on the list using: Controlsource.....=lstbox.listcount I would like a textbox next to that one that gives me a count of the items selected updated as i select items. Is this possible? If so please help. I just can't seem to figure it out. Thank you in advance. > Is this possible? =A0 Ofcourse it is possible. Just enter in Click event of Your list box following code: Me.txtCountSelected =3D Me.MyListBox.ItemsSelected.Count Hope this helps. Regards, S...

Disable listbox items...
I have created a program which contains a listbox with 100+ items. I want to distribute a sample program by disabling approx 90% of the items in the listbox (but allow the potential user/buyer to see them). I have searched the newsgroups and understand I need to create an owner drawn listbox but could not find any sample code that made any sense. Could someone enlighten me with some sample code? Thanks, RAB_Missouri Do it as owner-draw, and draw the disabled items grayed out. Then if the user clicks on one, or double-clicks on one, refuse to deal with it. To do this, you will probably pu...

Add a ListBox to the QuickAccessToolBar
I have a macro that created a ListBox. Since I can’t seem to add the ListBox programmatically to the Quick Access Toolbar, is there a way I could add the ListBox by hand to the Quick Access Toolbar so it is always there when I open Word? JeffG wrote: > I have a macro that created a ListBox. Since I can't seem to add the > ListBox programmatically to the Quick Access Toolbar, is there a way > I could add the ListBox by hand to the Quick Access Toolbar so it is > always there when I open Word? No, you can't. How about creating a UserForm (http://gregmaxe...

WPF using Usercontrol in Listbox
I sent a previous post about binding to a usercontrol in a listbox / listview. I had assumed that I could use a usercontrol in the itemtemplate of a listbox but NO No NO (apologies to Amy Winehouse). When I attempt to use the usercontrol I get a compile error: Error 10 The tag 'RFolder' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Media_Player;assembly=MediaPlayer'. Line '1' Position '143'. C:\Visual Studio Projects\Media Player\Media Player\Windows\ArtistBrowswer.xaml 42 17 Media Player Now intellisence guides to add the control and if I...

Fast query but slow listbox
Hi everybody. I have a query that works on linked tables from two distinct backends (SQL Server and MySQL) and is very fast to fetch data, about 2" to be executed. In a form this query act as rowsource for a listbox. The problem is that when I try to open the form, it takes about 20" to populate the listbox. There are 7 columns. I've made several test and I'm quite sure the problem is in the GUI that manages the listbox. Watching with task manager and a network traffic monitor the form opening process, in the first 2" since the double click on the form the network tra...

A macro listbox in the quick launch area
I have a macro that I wrote way back in word 2003 that added a listbox of mine to a menu and the user could click on the listbox and make their choice. In word 2007 since I can’t seem to add the listbox to the Quick Launch Ribbon, I have added “Add-In Toolbar Commands” to the Quick Launch, but that adds a level of indirection to get to the listbox (click on the Toolbar Commands” and then click on the listbox). Is there a way I can add the listbox to the Quick Launch by hand (in Normal.dotm) such that the user can click on it and get directly to the list? Thanks for any help. ...

listbox
[Excel 2003] I use listboxes to display tables of data. Is there a way to adjust individual column widths such that one can make the columns fit - some of my columns need to be narrow and some wide. Thus far I have only been able to make the first column width adjusted (ColumnWidth Property) to what i want, but the others seem to be set to a predefined default width. Surely one can use code to adjust all the widths?? Roger To manually adjust the columns of a listbox in the properties window, if you have three columns: ColumnWidth | 20, 40, 25 Would set column 1 to...

Blank spaces in a listbox
Hi all, I've got a userform with a listbox. In the properties, I've selected the row source & it works as expected. My problem is when I delete an item out of the middle of that list, the listbow shows a blank space instead of skipping it. I've looked at all of the properties & there doesn't seem to be one that works on this, so I tried assigning the row source range in VBE, but I kept getting a message that the object was already in another module. Does anyone have an efficient way to fix this? Thanks -- Soundman ------------------------------------------------...

updating a listbox 05-24-07
I'm having trouble with a pair of multilist boxes. The first (NameListBox) provides parameters for a query that updates on click. The second multilist box (List136) is populated by the results of the query. My problem is that the second list box does not refresh when I requery with additional parameters. I have been able to accomplish this by giving the second list box a GotFocus Refresh command, but I would rather have it automatically refresh each time the query is run - it's just too clunky without an automatic refresh. I'm including the two sub routines. I'm s...

Filter Parent Form by Subform's Listbox Selection
Hi, I'm at my wits end with this. Could someone please help out? I have a MainForm which contains a SubForm. The SubForm contains a Listbox (single select, not multiselect). I can return the value selected in the SubForm Event OnClick. The MainForm is bound to a table as it's RecordSource. I would like to take the value selected in the listbox on the SubForm and use it to filter the results on the MainForm. My Current SubForm Event OnClick Code: Private Sub StuffList_Click() Forms![FM_TB_MainForm]!TestStuff = Me.StuffList 'Returns selected item to TextBox on Main...

unbound listbox... how do i make the current record selected
I have a listbox that displays the name of all the records, as I use the navigation buttons to go through different records my listbox does not update what it has selected. My listbox is unbound and here are some things you might want to know: Row Source: SELECT InspectionsDI.ID, InspectionsDI.[Manhole Number] FROM [InspectionsDI Query]; Private Sub lstDI_AfterUpdate() DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "DropInletForm", acGoTo, lstDI.ListIndex + 1 End Sub Thanks for help "dannie" <dannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F12F5D5C-85...

Problem with click and copy from one listbox to another
Hello, I have two list boxes, List27 and List29. List 27 is a multiselect. The following code is associated with List27 and runs whenever an item is clicked in List27. I had hoped the following code would do the following. When an item is clicked in List27, it is added to List 29 If the item is clicked again in List27 it is removed from List 29 What is actually happening is that items are added to List29, sometimes two at a time, and nothing is removed. What do you suggest? Thank you, Keith code follows: Private Sub List27_Click() Dim ctlSource As Control Dim a...

Listbox Select/DeSelect
I have a Listbox. When you click on it, it fills a textbox with the contents of column(0). What I would like to do is if you select a new record in the listbox it fills in the textbox, however if you select the record that is currently highlighted it deselects that record and inputs a 0 value into the textbox. This is what I have and it is woefully not working. Private Sub ListTerminal_Click() Dim i As Integer i = Me.ListTerminal.Column(0) If i <> Me.TxtStation Then Me.ListTerminal.Selected(i) = True Me.TxtStation = Me.ListTerminal.Column(0) ...

Cascade of tables/forms
HI, Needs some guidance to suitably create tables. I need to input students attendance information for every week. The fields required are WeekNo, StuID, TotalClasses, ClassAttended. There are other tables which contain batch information. Table StudentsBatch , with fields StuID, BatchNo, JoinDate. Table BatchInfo with BatchNo, Subject, Timing, Tutor. Now i am trying to create a form where i can enter the Week No, select Tutor from a list, which will list the students of the batches handled by that tutor in a subform, where i can enter the Total classes and ClassesAttended for the ...

Storing values from a listbox
Can someone explain to me the concept of storing values from a listbox if I'm allowing users to select multiple items? I understand the single select process and how it stores it but do I need to set up a different table to store the multiple values? And how do you store multiple values into one field? Or do you? Don't use a multi-select list box to try to jam multiple values into a field. Instead, create a related table, so one of your main records can have many related records in the new table. Then use a subform, so the user can enter multiple records (one per row.) -- Al...

Report Menu
I have a report and I want to set up a menu so users can filter using a multi select list box. I have seen some sites that show examples of how to do this, but I have never really learned much about list boxes and how to use them. This is my current set up: I have a report called rptByStatusLocation. It has all of the main record summary information for this application. This has a query called qryRecordByLocationReport. I set a form to this as well and created a list box on the form called LstRecordStatus. The rowsource for this is the same field in the query that is in the...

Filling LIstBox with Access users names
Hi Does anyone know how to fill a listbox withthe login names of Database users when Access security has been implemented, i want to be able to delete a user from the system using the listbox to select the user to delete. Many thanks Stuart -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can cycle on the Users collection: For Each x In DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Users ... Next x It would be a matter to append the user name to a list of values. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Stuart Jack via AccessMonster.com" <u31758@uw...

Listbox won't display contents until I click on it
I have a form with a list box. Everything works fine except the contents of the listbox don't display until I click on the listbox. Thoughts? Does the list have it's own rowsource? How do you set the rowsource? When the listbox is bound to a rowsource it should display it's data as soon as you open the form. Any other settings that might prevent it from being filled... -- Maurice Ausum "SteveL5231" wrote: > I have a form with a list box. Everything works fine except the contents of > the listbox don't display until I click on the listb...

combobox code 12-18-09
=D:\[B.xlsx]!sht!A1:c46 i have tried the above code and several variations of it but i can't get the data from book b Try in the below format...Rename the sheet name to suit. ='d:\[B.xlsx]Sheet1'!$A$1:$C$46 -- Jacob "swain.s@blueyonder.co uk" wrote: > =D:\[B.xlsx]!sht!A1:c46 > > i have tried the above code and several variations of it but i can't get the > data from book b i trie the code that you bue it only worked once after i closed and saved the file when i reopened it id didn't work again "Jacob Skaria&qu...

ComboBox Values to TextBox
Hi, On my form "frmDetails", I have a ComboBox "cboProblem" and a field [RATE] The ComboBox looks up the values from the table tblProblem with 3 fields [ID] [TASK] [RATE] The 3 fields are formatted as AutoNumber, Text and Currency The ComboBox RowSource is SELECT [tblProblem].[ID], [tblProblem].[Task], [tblProblem].[Rate] FROM tblProblem; I need to select a Problem from the ComboBox and the [Rate] field automatically populate. I am using Access 2007. I have tried a few variants of the following but cannot get get the field to populate. "Me!Rate = Me!Problem.Colu...

listbox inconsistencies
I am a relatively new VBA user and this is my first post to this forum. I am using Excel 2002 sp3 with VBA (help shows VB 6.03 version 1024) on an XP sp3 machine. I have a project with one workbook that has one form - frmRecordJob. This form has a calendar control, a combo box, 2 listboxes, some labels, and 2 text boxes. The 2 list boxes (lstCode1 and lstCode2) are in a frame. lstCode2 was created by copy/paste from lstCode1. Checking their properties shows them to be identical except for the tab indices and top properties. The value and text properties are both empty, with no...

Passing values of listbox to other form's combobox
I have a form(frm2), in which i use a listbox(list1). The listbox is blank and it takes values from ather text boxes and comboboxes through vba code. All i want, is when i push a button, to move the listbox values to a blank table tbl1. In another form (frm2), i am going to use a combobox, which must have as rowsource the tbl1 content. So, i want when the user fills in the listbox (through comboboxes and textboxes), the values of the listbox to pass as a rowsource to another form's combobox. How could i do this? Thanks in advance -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...