canceling auto date update

I use excel to create invoices.  When I open up old invoices, th
original date changes to today's date.  How do I stop this auto updat
function?

Thanks

--
unexcelle
unexceller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3521

Hi
The cell where the date appears probably has the formula =TODAY() or
=NOW() which automatically recalculate when the sheet is opened.
Delete the formula and replace it with the date you require, then save.
When creating new invoices, typing Ctrl +; (Control plus the semicolon
key) will enter today's date into a cell for you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"unexceller" <unexceller.292dwm_1149738002.0075@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> I use excel to create invoices.  When I open up old invoices, the
> original date changes to today's date.  How do I stop this auto update
> function?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> unexceller
> unexceller's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35215
> View this thread:

roger5293 (1125)

Canadian Payroll Tax Update #3
Does any know if the Year end tax update is out yet? If it is out do you where I can find it? I can't locate it in Customer Source. Thanks Fliehigh Its not just you...no one can find the tax updates... I cant even access the download page I do believe this happened last year also T "Fliehigh" wrote: > Does any know if the Year end tax update is out yet? If it is out do you > where I can find it? I can't locate it in Customer Source. > > Thanks > > Fliehigh Hi Tami My partner just sent it ot me: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/...

Store.exe memory leak and can not update ESM to latest build
I have win2k sp4 with exchange sp3 build 6249.4. I am trying to install the August rollup update but the build version never changes and my memory leak is still present. What is going on? First of all, it maybe not leak at all. Secondly, tell us how you are installing roll-up. rphometnng wrote: > I have win2k sp4 with exchange sp3 build 6249.4. I am trying to install the > August rollup update but the build version never changes and my memory leak > is still present. > What is going on? Are you expecting to see Exchange 2000 SP4 listed in Exchange System Manager after a...

X Y Scatter Chart
Hi, Attempting to create an X Y scatter chart with dates on the X axis, however, when the chart is displayed the dates start at 1/1/1900 instead of 01/15/08. I understand that Excel stores dates and times as a number representing the number of days since 1900-Jan-0, plus a fractional portion of a 24 hour day. However, is there a work around to this issue? Regards, Moms The problem is that Excel doesn't know what dates you want, so it is using 1, 2, 3, etc as its X values. This is caused by two things: 1. There is no X data range defined for the chart 2. The X data range contains te...

Unable to update public free/busy data
With Exchange 5.5, we are getting this error periodically in Microsoft Outlook. I believe this was caused because we used to have another exchange server which is no longer. I think the free/busy folder was stored on this other server. I wasn't here when this server existed so I'm somewhat unaware of information regarding that server. I found KB article 184151 which gave some instructions on how to resolve this, but I get stuck at step 5 where it asks me to double-click on the Schedule+ Free Busy Information. "The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable. Eit...

Is there an auto fill ability on the calendar
We use the calendar for scheduling reaccuring patients, having auto fill ability would save us tons of time by not having to retype a clients entire name over and over. Thanks No, best you'll get is auto resolution - type part of the name and it picks the name from the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEW...

CRM3.0 - Quick Campaign will not auto send email
Emails in quick campaign remain in draft status and are NOT automatically sent. I have installed rollup 2 and changed per KB911520. I CANNOT auto send emails from a quick campaign with the web client - just remains as draft. Sending each draft email then works fine. Checked and double checked and re-installed rollup 2 to no avail. Any ideas would be welcome, please. Regards, Simon Doh fixed it myself - error in registry entry - put CampaignSendMail and it should have been CampaignSendEmail!!!! "Simon De''''Ath" wrote: > Emails in quick campaign rem...

Last Date Included in Campaign #2
hi May i please seek some clarification on the purpose of this field and when it is updated and not updated, I would appreciate some advice. Regards Snow White This field is automatically set to Today's date whenever a Campaign Activity is distributed to the Contact/Account/Lead in question. So when a Phone Call Campaign Activity is Distributed to a group of 5 Contacts - each of the 5 Contacts 'Date Last Included in a Campaign' is at that point set to Today's date. -- Kind Regards, Paul McQuillan. CRM Consultant "Snow White" wrote: > hi > > May...

Error when updateing users info
Hi On installation upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0, I logged as CRM administrator and what to update my e-mail or any other user information and received this error. "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Error code 0x80040204 I checked that all users including me are in UserGroup in AD. Any suggestions ? TIA Shai ...

How to get userform Cancel button to invoke Exit Sub in calling macro?
I have a userform that is called from inside a sub in a module of a workbook. In order to keep most of the code inside the module, the userform only sets variables in the sub. Here is the code in the sub: 'create and initialize variables Dim Bkp,XSub as Boolean Dim BkpSfx as String Bkp = True XSub = False 'call options box BackupOptionsBox.Show 'Set main subroutine variables Bkp = BackupOptionsBox.YesOption BkpSfx = "_" & BackupOptionsBox.SfxBox.Value ...

Quotes won't update
Ever since I installed Money Deluxe 2004 on a new PC I bought in April individual stock quotes stopped updating. All my quote updates were working in Money 2003 Deluxe prior to the 2004 update and the new computer and they are still working on my old computer. ALL OTHER INFORMATION ( PROVIDERS, MONEY UPDATES, ETC.) ARE WORKING AND NEVER CEASED WORKING. Individual quotes and the portfolio totals are not being updated, even though the date stamp in the lower left hand corner shows the correct date and time of the update and the message says the updates were successful. Microsoft phone...

.NET security update... won't install !
Have Windows XP SP3 (with IE7), .NET framework until version 2 installed. However, one (and only one) security update from Windows update will not install - ever, believe me I've tried multiple times for months. It's been downloaded somewhere to my local store, but the update itself fails, and the WU site keeps offering the update in question, viz. ..NET framework 1.1 SP1 Security update (KB 953297). What other .NET remated updates I have, all correctly installed according to my WU history : ..NET Fw 2.0 SP1 security (953300), ..NET Fw 2.0 SP1 (110806) Security u...

Highlighting Updated Records
Hi I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please with a problem I have with a db I'm working on. I have a subform with approx 15 fields on it where on any given day can have their data amended, added or deleted. What I would like to do is to capture which records have been amended in a report within a given month. I know how to show which records have been updated by adding another field to the table which has a date stamp but my problem is as follows: I would like to actually show the individual fields which have been updated, rather than the whole record. Now I ha...

date formulas #5
Please help! I have given an example of part of the spreadsheet i am creating to outline my queery: Report in / Reply due / 1 Sept 2005 / 1 Sept 05 4 Sept 2005 / 18 Sept 05 / 14 Jan 00 / etc, / etc, I have entered the following formula in the 'reply due' column: B1 = A1 + 14 which calculates the date two weeks after the date in the 'report in' column. When i drag the formula down so it applies the entire 'reply due' column the cells aut...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

reading csv data that looks like a date but isn't
Hi Can anyone please help me? I have a .csv file. One of the fields is entered as "01-04" (with the quotes). How do I get Excel to read this as a string and not interpret it as a date (which it displays as 01-Apr)? Changing the format doesn't help - the damage is done on reading the csv data. Thanks -Howard ________________________________________________________ Howard Lethbridge lethcons@ntlworld.com Hi again I should have said that I want to do this when I double-click on the file. I know I can do this if I open Excel and do Data/Get External Data/Import Text File... ...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

Date Last Sold
Date last sold should be tracked in the item quantities file and the item master. This is a common query request (show me all items we haven't sold in the past two years). Having to go to the sales line item history makes for a slow, complicated solution. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

Where do I find updates or downloads for Publisher 2001
I am trying to find updates and or downloads for Microsoft picture it publishing 2001 but continually get no information found, as a comeback but I know it existsbecause I have a copy can anyone help please? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rogjoolstwo <rogjoolstwo@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am trying to find updates and or downloads for Microsoft picture it > publishing 2001 but continually get no information found, as a > comeback but I know it existsbecause I have a copy can anyone help > please? Microsoft PictureIt ...

Update Chart Source Data
I used the "Record Macro" function to get the code shown below. When I recorded the macro, the value of A1 was 392. But when I actually ran the macro, the value of A1 was 393. As you can see, the "Record Macro" function "hard coded" the value of 392. How can I make this work such that the SeriesCollection is updated with the CURRENT value of A1? Sheets("Chart2").Select Range("A1").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Chart1").Select ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Act...

Auto-fill
Add auto-fill as a standard feature when selecting vendors, account numbers/names, checkbook names, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a4a433af-e0c1-47f4-...

Auto Create Accounts to imported Contacts
I must import about 4500 contacts and I don't want to manually create all the accounts. Is there a way to auto create the accounts and associate it to the contacts? I can manually generate a Excel file with the name of the Account, and the address, but which is the best way to import it to CRM and then, associate the contacts to this accounts (without matching one by one) Thanks in advance -- Carlos Well, you can use the Data Migration Framework which can create both or you can write your own SDK-based code to do this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------------------------...

Last Save Date
I would like to have a cell which displays the date of the last date the file was saved. Is this possible? right click the excel icon just to the left of file>view code>left window workbook>right window>before close range("a1")=date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kurchian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B38296-902A-4F6D-9A9C-A4FDFFE505A0@microsoft.com... > I would like to have a cell which displays the date of the last date the file was saved. > > Is this possible? Oops. Before SAVE not clo...

Cost Update Method
I'm using POS 2.0. The manual and the help information indicate you should be able to update costs throught the Store Settings > Options > Inventory screen. I do not have the 'Cost update method" options listed on that screen. How can I have my costs updated using the weighted average method? Go to File>Configuration>Inventory, in Store Operations Manager. You should be able to select Weighted Average as your Cost Update Method. "BikeShop" wrote: > I'm using POS 2.0. The manual and the help information indicate you should > be able to up...

Updating Standard Costs
I'm looking for an easy way to update all of our standard costs so that they can be used for quotational purposes. Unfortunately, the only way that it seems I'll be able to accomplish this is if I can create some sort of SQL script. Depending on what the difference is (percentage) between the current cost, and the current standard cost they want the new standard cost to be the current cost * x% (where x is going to vary). We're using the Horizons Manufacturing Suite, and I don't believe it has this capability. Anyone else been in this situation before? How did you a...

error updating accounts in Money 2005
I didn't use Money for a couple weeks, andwent to update my accounts, and now they fail with the error saying "update not complete" with a red exclamation sign next to it. Updating has always worked in the past and my internet connection is good. I can't find any more info on why it is failing (log files?). Can anyone tell me where i need to start looking? Regards, If you click on the "Learn More" link it will take you to a screen where t lists all the activities you attempted and their status. I have the same problem and am on the line with my bank, they...