can you add a day counter for a colum and row

trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in stock.
It would need to be able to use 1 coloum and each row in that colum.
0
poohgld (1)

Hi

Depends how you have your data set up, but assuming date into stock is
column A
=IF(A1="","",TODAY()-A1)
Format>Cell>Number>General
Copy down as required

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"poohgld" <poohgld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in
> stock.
> It would need to be able to use 1 coloum and each row in that colum.

0
Roger

How can I stop data labels reverting to a default position
I change the alignment of my data labels and save my chart. When I reopen the workbbok my data labels revert to their origional position.How do I stop this from happening. ...

Help: copy old ss data to new ss, with row mis-alignment
Help, Daily I create a spreadsheet from a database, In column "A" are "Item Numbers" in random order. I insert a 'new' column in front of column 'A', where I type text comments as I receive verbal updates during the day. The next day, I generate a new spreadsheet from the database whose "Item Numbers" may OR, may not have been on yesterdays spreadsheet. Currently, my routine is to copy-n-paste yesterdays comments into this new version which is a pain and time consuming. QUESTION; Can someone provide the formula, that if there is a match ...

Add BCC to emails
Hi, I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 and need to add the BCC option to my mails. I had assumed that this would have been done via the View option, but I can't find it - anyone any suggestions as to how I do it? It will need to be permanent i.e. the option to be able to send bcc to be on every email I write -- Cheers Peter (Reply to address is a spam trap - pse reply to the group) Does this help? How to reveal the Bcc box in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299804 Petert wrote: > Hi, I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 and need to add the BCC option to my &...

PDF Add-in colors changed to black using Publisher 2007
I have Publisher 2007 which shows it to be Beta2 though it came pre-installed on a recently purchased PC. Help shows that it is SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000) I installed theMicrosoft Office PDF/XML add-in which works well apart from where text is coloured. Where is is the case, it is converted to black in the resulting PDF. I have tried High Quality and OCmmercial printing setting and checked advanced options but can't see any setting which may be causing this. Design Checker flags the coloured text as being RGB so I converted it to CMYK but is still gets changed to Black when Publish ...

text to rows
I there a way to put text to rows instead of columns? What I am trying to do is take a cell with reference designators separated by commas and copy them to individual row. ex.. C1, C2, C3, C4 to C1 C2 C3 C4 You want to "transpose" the data. Highlight the data in the row, then click <copy>. Move cursor to where you want the columnar data to start then Edit | Paste Special | Transpose (check) then OK and <Esc>. Hope this helps. Pete Just re-read your posting - didn't realise you had the data all in one cell. Probably easier to use Data | Text-to-col...

How do I add the word "Draft" to first page?
I am trying to figure out how to add "Draft" or "Confidential" to the first page of a document. Hey DLB - it's easier to add from your printer. Select the effect tab and use the watermark feature. Otherwise, you'll have to add a background to the specific sheet. -- tenaj "DLB" wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to add "Draft" or "Confidential" to the first > page of a document. DLB, Check your printer, especially if the driver has been upgraded since the printer was installed. Many/most printers provide that...

How does one copy subtotal rows?
How does one copy subtotal rows? -- Since my access to NNTP is limited, a copy of your reply to ALEXANDEReBARNEs@Yahoo.Com is especially appreciated. Alexander One usually selects the rows he wishes to copy, Then hits <F5>, Then, in the "GoTo" window clicks on "Special", Then, in the "GoToSpecial" window clicks on "VisibleCellsOnly", then <OK>. Now, right click in that selection and choose "Copy", Then navigate and paste to "wherever". -- HTH, RD ------------------------------------------------------------------...

can't send email from outlook 2000
I cannot send or receive email from my outlook 2000 internet only. The following error message appears: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server. (Account: ‘pop.charter.net’, SMTP server: ‘smtp.charter.net’, Error Number: 0x800ccc13). Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance. Orlando coalcorona <coalcorona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot send or receive email from my outlook 2000 internet only. > The following error message appears: > A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server. > (Account: ‘pop.charter....

Can I use Excel to calculate VAT?
I'm a very new user of Office and have very little clue of whether or not such things are possible. Any help would be much appreciated. Exactly how you do it depends on your tax laws but these formulae should get you going. In each case I have assumed the starting data is in A1 and the VAT percentage is in B1 Calculate VAT to be added to a base price =ROUND(A1*B1/100,2) Calculate selling price from base price =ROUND(A1*(100+B1)/100,2) Calculate Base price from retail price =ROUND(A1*100/(100+B1),2) Depending on accounting rules you may need to use Roundup or Rounddown to get the ri...

I can't get pictures to appear when I insert tem in a frame.
when I insert a picture file into a document, it does't appear on the sceen but seems to be there nevertheless. Do you have View, Pictures, Detailed display enabled? If not maybe your video card needs upgrading. Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kilno" <Kilno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC42D33A-C0EB-4F1C-9D1E-2ECC56936509@microsoft.com... > when I insert a picture file into a document, it does't appear on the sceen > but seems to be there nevertheless. ...

Can I stop CEdit Beeping?
I am doing this with a CEdit control: ... m_ceShadow->SetSel(nBegin, nEnd); m_ceShadow->ReplaceSel(_T(" ")); I am sure nBegin and nEnd are legitimate values. This creates a Beep but seems to be working fine.. Is the beep an error notification or a normal CEdit response which I can turn off? Thanks eng "Jona Vark" <noemail@all.com> wrote in message news:StWXe.613$Ur.30@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > I am doing this with a CEdit control: > > .. > m_ceShadow->SetSel(nBegin, nEnd); > m_ceShadow->ReplaceSel(_T(" ")); > &g...

Can't See Original Post
I have a post in live.mail.desktop that I posted 1/27. I have since formatted my HD and reinstalled WLM. I see my original post in Windows Mail but not in Windows Live Mail. I have downloaded all headers. Anyone have any ideas how I can see my original post? James Your Jan 27 post shows up here <qp> Vista Basic x32 sp2 I'm trying to fix problems with WLM soi I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. when I select 'Windows Live Essentials' in 'Programs and Features' and select 'Uninstall' nothing happens. If I click 'uninstall&#...

this will not compile or maybe I can't do this in an addin
I can add a named shape "copywrite" to any slide and with these two modules.. any time i mouse over the afore mentioned shape I get the desired message. Super! Question 1: can i simply compile this as an addin to save me writing these modules in each presentation? Question 2: If so why won't it compile? Im just aiming to have this addin and anytime i have any presentation running with shape "copywrite" i get the message. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. Sub OnSlideShowPageChange(ByVal Wn As SlideShowWindow) Dim CurSlideInd As Long Wit...

Opportunity add to two contacts
Hi, I want to add a opportunity to two contacts. One wil be the customer and one will be the related person. When i display opportunity under the contacts i want to see the opportunity . Please advise Maarten kievit Hi Maarten, You have not mentioned if its CRM 3.0 or 4.0. In 4.0 you can add additional relationships with the Contact entity to get the lookup to associate another contact. In 3.0 it is not allowed to add another relationship. This can be achieved through unsupported scripting though. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions fo...

Office X Education
Hi! As a student, I purchased Office X for the Education price, and the installation CD is labelled "Academic". Now that Office 2004 is out, can I simply purchase the upgrade? I seem to remember being told this was ok when I bought Office X, but can't find it mentioned anywhere now. All the best, William. -- J.William Kay Bergen, Norway. In article <2c8d2021c020e4f85f5ad2be8944274b@news.teranews.com>, "J.William Kay" <jwkay@netcom.no> wrote: > As a student, I purchased Office X for the Education price, and the > installation CD is labelled &quo...

Where can I find an inventory template for excell?
I work in a warehouse and I'm looking for some type of inventory template. Maybe one of these templates at Microsoft will help: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT061995491033.aspx. HTH "Conan" wrote: > I work in a warehouse and I'm looking for some type of inventory template. ...

Can I use MSComm in C++ console App?? How???
I am tring to write a console app that interfaces with the serial port. I would like to use MSComm if possible. I pretty much know how to do it using an MFC or a dialog app but can't see how to do it for the console. MSCOMM is so much more difficult to use than raw serial port interfacing that it is not clear what value it adds. joe On 19 Oct 2005 16:28:10 -0700, "salsipius" <salsipius@salsipius.com> wrote: >I am tring to write a console app that interfaces with the serial port. >I would like to use MSComm if possible. I pretty much know how to do it >using...

how can I print on a 8.5 x 5.5 sized postcard?
We have pre-printed 8.5 x 5.5 sized postcards and I want to print something on the back through the printer and can't seem to be able to set it up to do one on a half sheet. Any ideas? Karen You need to set up the paper size in Publisher and in the printer driver. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Karen Kounter" <Karen Kounter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E1ADFA-8D3C-486C-9E57-BBB500326989@microsoft.com... > We have pre-printed 8.5 x 5.5 sized postcards and I want to print > something > on the back through the printer an...

How can move 3000 users .PST files to a read only NAS ?
Arghh.. Please MVP's I need your help Last year we upgraded to Exchange 2003. 2 companies merged to form a new one. (not a take over) So we had no upgrade option other than creating as it happened a new domain name, servers etc. In order for people to access their old emails we exported them from each of the 2 old exchange servers. This has left us with 3000 pst files. Unknown to me until recently the server where the pst's reside had it permissions so that people could add/delete from their PST files. This was not what was agreed and I now have to change this. But I since discover...

How can I set my Outlook 2007 to save email addresses when sent?
I would like for Outlook to remember email addresses that I send/reply to and give a predicted email addy of the recipient. Is this possible? See if any of this info helps you http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.asp TX Realtor wrote: >I would like for Outlook to remember email addresses that I send/reply to >and give a predicted email addy of the recipient. Is this possible? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Customer Rewards Add On
Is anyone aware of an RMS add on that would generate customer rewards? What I would like it to do is for every $250 a customer spends, our system would automatically print a receipt/voucher for $25 off their next purchase. -- Kris Retail realm has one that does just that. "Kris" <kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75693054-E12F-4F90-8CD3-ACE3CF939172@microsoft.com... > Is anyone aware of an RMS add on that would generate customer rewards? > What > I would like it to do is for every $250 a customer spends, our system > would > automatic...

When I add data to my chart it changes my chart type-Help!!!
I cannot get my chart to stay the same chart type when I add data for March. My co-worker can do it on her computer. I am wondering if one of my settings is different from hers. Can you help? Thanks, Jessica Jessica - No, I cannot help. And I doubt that anyone else can help. Unless you describe the worksheet data, the original chart type, the new data you are adding to the chart, and the new chart type. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com "Jbear" <Jbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D52C352C-B5DE-4E0D-AB6F-58848A3A3D59@microsoft.com... >I cannot get my...

How to add coding button on tooolbar
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C566AB.4C9FA9A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I am using Outlook 2003 English Edition(plus Windows XP English). I = always receive email in different Language. If the email is not in = English, every time I have to open this email and go View and Coding, = then try different Coding, until the email displays in right language. = so how to add coding button on toolbar then I can make my email reading = easily. Thanks=20 Jeff ------=_N...

Macro code mod
Hi, The macro below allows users to group/ungroup rows in a protected sheet. Question: how to modify the VB code so I can incorporate additional tab names or better yet, have the macro apply to the entire workbook? Thanks in advance for your help, Charlie Sub workbook_open() With Worksheets("Sheet1") .Protect Password:="xlhelp", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Sub workbook_open() For Each sh In Activeworkbook.Worksheets With sh .Protect Password:="xlhelp&q...

Depreciation issue with Fixed Assets
I am hearing that there is an issue with fixed asset module in GP from customers. Is this issue being solved by Microsoft? who at MS would have info? Issue below>>> The issue is the way GP handles depreciation expense in non-standard fiscal years – I’ll use a 7 month fiscal year for example. If a company changes from a 12-month fiscal period to a shorter period (say to align themselves to a 09/30/xx FY date) and the resulting ‘short-year’ is 7 months long, the Fixed Assets system will recalculate depreciation for all their assets for that short fiscal year. It will compress a...