Can't send an attachment in Excel 2007

Hi,

I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007.  I've had no
problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007.

I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
button
and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices: Internet Fax and
"Send a copy of the document to other people." But every time I
click, "Send a copy of the document to other people," nothing happens.  Does
anyone know if this is truly an option or just a header for your only choice
of sending a document by fax? I also thought that maybe it is a bug and the
header should be in Word unless worksheets are now called "documents" in
Excel 2007.

Maybe I am missing something and Mr. Gates, in his wisdom, believes that
people with computers now send only faxes and not emails.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Take care,

Stephen

0
stephen (112)

Check out
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087D7C97-9C45-4E0E-B5A9-08C57C2B2BB4@microsoft.com...

> Hi,
>
> I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007.  I've had no
> problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007.
>
> I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
> button
> and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices: Internet Fax and
> "Send a copy of the document to other people." But every time I
> click, "Send a copy of the document to other people," nothing happens.  Does
> anyone know if this is truly an option or just a header for your only choice
> of sending a document by fax? I also thought that maybe it is a bug and the
> header should be in Word unless worksheets are now called "documents" in
> Excel 2007.
>
> Maybe I am missing something and Mr. Gates, in his wisdom, believes that
> people with computers now send only faxes and not emails.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
>
> Take care,
>
> Stephen

0
rondebruin (3790)
11/4/2007 12:25:31 PM
"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007.  I've had
> no
> problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007.
>
> I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
> button

Add the Email button to the Quick Access Toolbar....

0
gbplinux (1141)
11/4/2007 1:34:23 PM
Hi,

Thank you for trying to help.  For the record, I did add an email button to
the Quick Access toolbar but it did nothing.  I also ran diagnostics to see
if there was some helpful update but to no avail.

Virusta and Office 2007 have been such a letdown mostly because XP was so
awesome and Office 2003 at least let you get some work done.

I did hopefully install the SendMail 2007 addon for Virusta.  At least it is
in the Add-ons folder.  But when I try to send something, I get the pop up
that says "RDB:SendMail for Excel 2007: 1.0."  Below it is the dropdown box
"Send Workbook" and a Go button.  But when I press Go, it doesn't give me an
email address to send it to.

Can you please tell me where I am sending it and how can I send it as an
attachment to an email recipient?

Thanks so much for your help.

Stephen

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Check out
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>
> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087D7C97-9C45-4E0E-B5A9-08C57C2B2BB4@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007.  I've had no
> > problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007.
> >
> > I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
> > button
> > and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices: Internet Fax and
> > "Send a copy of the document to other people." But every time I
> > click, "Send a copy of the document to other people," nothing happens.  Does
> > anyone know if this is truly an option or just a header for your only choice
> > of sending a document by fax? I also thought that maybe it is a bug and the
> > header should be in Word unless worksheets are now called "documents" in
> > Excel 2007.
> >
> > Maybe I am missing something and Mr. Gates, in his wisdom, believes that
> > people with computers now send only faxes and not emails.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Stephen

0
stephen (112)
11/4/2007 5:08:01 PM
Have you check your default mail program

Start>Settings>Control Panel....Internet options (Program Tab)
In Vista : Start>Default programs

--

"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E06752D-A3BB-4A52-BCCD-1CDCEFCEA73F@microsoft.com...

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for trying to help.  For the record, I did add an email button to
> the Quick Access toolbar but it did nothing.  I also ran diagnostics to see
> if there was some helpful update but to no avail.
>
> Virusta and Office 2007 have been such a letdown mostly because XP was so
> awesome and Office 2003 at least let you get some work done.
>
> I did hopefully install the SendMail 2007 addon for Virusta.  At least it is
> in the Add-ons folder.  But when I try to send something, I get the pop up
> that says "RDB:SendMail for Excel 2007: 1.0."  Below it is the dropdown box
> "Send Workbook" and a Go button.  But when I press Go, it doesn't give me an
> email address to send it to.
>
> Can you please tell me where I am sending it and how can I send it as an
> attachment to an email recipient?
>
> Thanks so much for your help.
>
> Stephen
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Check out
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087D7C97-9C45-4E0E-B5A9-08C57C2B2BB4@microsoft.com...
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007.  I've had no
>> > problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007.
>> >
>> > I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
>> > button
>> > and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices: Internet Fax and
>> > "Send a copy of the document to other people." But every time I
>> > click, "Send a copy of the document to other people," nothing happens.  Does
>> > anyone know if this is truly an option or just a header for your only choice
>> > of sending a document by fax? I also thought that maybe it is a bug and the
>> > header should be in Word unless worksheets are now called "documents" in
>> > Excel 2007.
>> >
>> > Maybe I am missing something and Mr. Gates, in his wisdom, believes that
>> > people with computers now send only faxes and not emails.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
>> >
>> > Take care,
>> >
>> > Stephen

0
rondebruin (3790)
11/4/2007 5:38:21 PM
I don't have the "Send a copy of the document to other people" option at
all. On my Send menu item off the Office, I have "Email", "Email As PDF
Attachment", "Email As XPS Attachment" and "Internet Fax".

What is your default email program? Are you linked to an Exchange server?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007.  I've had
> no
> problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007.
>
> I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
> button
> and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices: Internet Fax and
> "Send a copy of the document to other people." But every time I
> click, "Send a copy of the document to other people," nothing happens.
> Does
> anyone know if this is truly an option or just a header for your only
> choice
> of sending a document by fax? I also thought that maybe it is a bug and
> the
> header should be in Word unless worksheets are now called "documents" in
> Excel 2007.
>
> Maybe I am missing something and Mr. Gates, in his wisdom, believes that
> people with computers now send only faxes and not emails.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
>
> Take care,
>
> Stephen

0
chip1 (1821)
11/4/2007 10:44:09 PM
Hi,

Hi,
Again, thanks for trying to help me.

All my default programs are clicked all default because I don't know what I
would change if I customized them.

My default email program is Windows Live Beta.  I don't know what "linked to
an Exchange server" means so I'd suspect that I'm not.  I work on a laptop
that isn';t linked to anyone and run businesses primarily by email.

I truly wish that I did have choices like "Email As PDF
> Attachment", "Email As XPS Attachment" and "Internet Fax" but all I have is:  "Send a copy of the document to other people" and "Internet Fax."

For the record, because it is a new computer, I have Virusta and Awful 2007
instead of awesome XP and quite workable Office 2003.

Thanks again for trying to help me.

Take care,

Stephen

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

> I don't have the "Send a copy of the document to other people" option at
> all. On my Send menu item off the Office, I have "Email", "Email As PDF
> Attachment", "Email As XPS Attachment" and "Internet Fax".
>
> What is your default email program? Are you linked to an Exchange server?
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP  - Excel, 10 Years
> Pearson Software Consulting
> www.cpearson.com
> (email on the web site)
>

> "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007.  I've had
> > no
> > problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007.
> >
> > I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
> > button
> > and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices: Internet Fax and
> > "Send a copy of the document to other people." But every time I
> > click, "Send a copy of the document to other people," nothing happens.
> > Does
> > anyone know if this is truly an option or just a header for your only
> > choice
> > of sending a document by fax? I also thought that maybe it is a bug and
> > the
> > header should be in Word unless worksheets are now called "documents" in
> > Excel 2007.
> >
> > Maybe I am missing something and Mr. Gates, in his wisdom, believes that
> > people with computers now send only faxes and not emails.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Stephen

0
stephen (112)
11/5/2007 10:19:40 AM

> I truly wish that I did have choices like "Email As PDF
>> Attachment", "Email As XPS Attachment" and "Internet Fax" but all I have
>> is:  "Send a copy of the document to other people" and "Internet Fax."

You need this add-in:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

0
gbplinux (1141)
11/5/2007 11:50:20 AM
Hi,

Again, thanks for trying.

Is this the file I was supposed to download:  SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe?

I downloaded and installed it but nothing changed.  But maybe it is because
I also installed the other gentleman's add-on.  Would that affect this file?

I'm happy to download anything that might allow me to send a file as an
attachment but hopefully there isn't a conflict between the two.  At the
moment, I can't really tell if there is a conflict because neither seems to
be working nor giving any error messages.

Thanks for trying.

Stephen

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I truly wish that I did have choices like "Email As PDF
> >> Attachment", "Email As XPS Attachment" and "Internet Fax" but all I have
> >> is:  "Send a copy of the document to other people" and "Internet Fax."
>
> You need this add-in:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

0
stephen (112)
11/6/2007 1:38:01 AM
Hi Stephen

If you have installed the PDF or PDF/XPS add -in there is a option in
Office Button>SaveAs to save as PDF or XPS

And in the Send menu you can send as PDF

BTW: If you can't do a manual Send as attachment my mail add-in will not work

--

"Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E1E94C-A435-4D27-920C-9083E0DAC7DA@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Again, thanks for trying.
>
> Is this the file I was supposed to download:  SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe?
>
> I downloaded and installed it but nothing changed.  But maybe it is because
> I also installed the other gentleman's add-on.  Would that affect this file?
>
> I'm happy to download anything that might allow me to send a file as an
> attachment but hopefully there isn't a conflict between the two.  At the
> moment, I can't really tell if there is a conflict because neither seems to
> be working nor giving any error messages.
>
> Thanks for trying.
>
> Stephen
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > I truly wish that I did have choices like "Email As PDF
>>
>> You need this add-in:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

0
rondebruin (3790)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Attaching Contacts to new email

owa cant open ppt attachments

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

learning Excel #3

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail