Can I automatically replace data when importing a text file?

I am importing data that has hundreds of numbers like 60003838, 60010813,
60003928, 60003895. I would like to know if there is a way to format the data
to change those numbers automaticaly to another value (names) every time I
import the data, or is there a way for me to replace all those values
automatically?

0
Jake (94)

If you have a list that has names behind these numbers you can use a vertical
lookup function ( VLOOKUP ).

 Use Insert - Function, and search for VLOOKUP function and follow the
instructions.

Hope this helps.

"Jake" wrote:

> I am importing data that has hundreds of numbers like 60003838, 60010813,
> 60003928, 60003895. I would like to know if there is a way to format the data
> to change those numbers automaticaly to another value (names) every time I
> import the data, or is there a way for me to replace all those values
> automatically?

0
hansbalnl (9)

File size #11

find action on log file

Maximum file sizes

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Linking files 2 ways

Pulling data from separate tabs

data sort

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

predict future data

Formula for cross tab data filling