Calculating time worked using 100ths of an hour, from 1 day into n

Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92).  How
do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the
start time as I do for same day start and stop times?

How about

=if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime)
--
Gary's Student

"maintchief" wrote:

> Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92).  How
> do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the
> start time as I do for same day start and stop times?
0
GarysStudent (1572)
10/24/2005 1:14:01 AM
That pluse a minor modification to make sure the time had an entry did the
trick.
Thank you

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> How about
>
> =if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime)
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "maintchief" wrote:
>
> > Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92).  How
> > do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the
> > start time as I do for same day start and stop times?
You are welcome.  If you get the chance, post your minor mode, it may be of
help to others.
--
Gary''s Student

"maintchief" wrote:

> That pluse a minor modification to make sure the time had an entry did the
> trick.
> Thank you
>
> "Gary''s Student" wrote:
>
> > How about
> >
> > =if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime)
> > --
> > Gary's Student
> >

> > "maintchief" wrote:
> >
> > > Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92).  How
> > > do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the
> > > start time as I do for same day start and stop times?
0
GarysStudent (1572)
10/24/2005 9:01:06 AM
In the minor modification I had to check for '0' time because of days not
worked.  If I didn't I would get 24 hours worked.
=IF(endtime>startime,endtime-startime,IF(startime>0,(startime+24)-endtime,0))

"maintchief" wrote:

> That pluse a minor modification to make sure the time had an entry did the
> trick.
> Thank you
>
> "Gary''s Student" wrote:
>
> > How about
> >
> > =if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime)
> > --
> > Gary's Student
> >

> > "maintchief" wrote:
> >
> > > Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92).  How
> > > do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the
> > > start time as I do for same day start and stop times?

Validation Rule: Nearest Quarter-Hour
My "hours fished" field is numeric, fixed, 2 decimal places. Can I create a validation rule in a form (or table) for a time field, where I want the data to be recorded as the nearest 0.25? If so, how? -- Thanks, tbl Shouldn't that be "nn", not "mm", Steve? ?Now() 2007-09-18 16:53:20 ?Format(Now(), "mm") 09 ?Format(Now(), "nn") 53 As well, since Format returns a string and you're trying to do arithmetic, it would probably be better to use DatePart("n", Now()) Mod 15 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/Doug...

multiple users using single email address
Hi, I am new to Exchange, so forgive the possible silly question, but I cannot find the answer to my requirement. What I want to do is have a single email address which is picked up by several people, but these people can also reply and send to received emails. I am unsure of the best way to configure exchange and then the Outlook 2003 client, to allow this to take place without having to resort to 'Sending on behalf of', which is OK but not perfect. Am using SBS 2003 with Exchange and Outlook 2003. Many thanks in advance for any help. Mark Mark, You can sent up a Distri...

Excel to works
I need to open a excel spread sheet with works spreads sheet program. How do I get this done ...

Send/Receive function stops working...?
Howdy, I run OL2000 with Win2K Pro. Often (perhaps twice a day) the send/receive button stops working. Specifically, on clicking the button, its look changes as if properly functioning, but then nothing further happens. The same is true if I attempt to launch a send/receive cycle from the menu. I cannot just send either. Re-booting solves the problem every time. What might this be about, and is there a solution? Sincere thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

calculate time
Hello, i've got a little problem with time. A2 = 22:00 ( start time ) b2 = 7:00 ( finish time ) c2 = 1:30 ( breaks ) d2 = 7:30 ( hours worked less breaks ) e2 = hours worked between 6pm and midnight ( formula required please ) f2 = hours worked between midnight and 6am ( formula required please ) g2 = hours worked between 6am and 6pm ( formula required please ) i've looked on the forums and found out how to workout how to calculate d2 but need formulas for e2,f2,g2 i'm sure this will be easy to someone but i'm clueless. thanks for any help given Hi, Try this in E...

How to use Like and Or in Form.Filter VB Statement
This Works: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True This Doesn't: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True what is the correct syntax How many times are you going to ask the same question? I've already answered you: did that not work for you? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) <himmelrich@gmail.com...

Query Tied to Form doesn't work
I have a button on a form that populates a text box on the same form with text. I have a query where a field's criteria is a reference to the text box on the form so the text in the text box becomes the criteria for the query. After I click the button to populate the text box on the form and then run the query, it comes up blank (should be records). If I click the button on the form and copy the text from the text box to the query (in stead of a reference to the text box on the form) the query works fine. Any ideas why the query won't work with the reference to the text box on...

Embed Date/Time on existing Video File
I am creating a number of video files that have come from IP Cameras. I need to be able to embed the Date/Time into the file, so that when it plays, you see the current date/time appearing on the screen. I know the start time of the file. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do this, either directly in VB, or if there is an ActiveX component around to do this. This has to be an automated process, rather than by hand. Thanks -Jerry Not sure if still current but I saw few years (?!) ago DirectShow Editing Services which was part of DirectX and is now at : http...

How can an assembly work without the SequrityPermission that give it execute permission
Hi! I have the following three declarative permissions. [assembly:RegistryPermission(SecurityAction.RequestMinimum, Read=@"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software")] [assembly: UIPermission(SecurityAction.RequestMinimum, Unrestricted=true)] [assembly:RegistryPermission(SecurityAction.RequestOptional, Read=@"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software")] Now to my question the assembly only have the following permission 1. RegistryPermission 2. UIPermission The other has been given away so to speak because of how the RequestedOptional work. So according to me this assembly doesn&...

Money 98 from the Works installation CD
I have upgraded to Windows 7, I backed up my Money 98 to my external HD. I now cannot reload my Money 98 program from the Works CD as it states their is a compatibility issue. Anyone have a solution for this other than getting a newer version of Money? RobertV" <RobertV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9B0B30C-BDDC-4EBA-A974-CD80EBCD4B7A@microsoft.com... > I have upgraded to Windows 7, I backed up my Money 98 to my external HD. I > now cannot reload my Money 98 program from the Works CD as it states their > is > a compatibility issue. Anyo...

Money 2005
I have 3 checking accounts enabled for online banking at my bank. Suddenly for 2 of the accounts when I click on "make a one-time payment or transfer" it no longer shows the options "make an electronic payment" and "show online transactions". I have successfully paid bills from these accounts previously. The bank says all 3 are setup properly. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Mike ...

Calculation Order problem. #2
Bump... sry about the bump, but i'm desperate for a solution to this. -- ICE9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ICE9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265139 ...

CRM outlook views arent working
Im betaing the CRM 1.2 software. All has installed fully ok up until now, I have installed a laptop which doesnt appear to be running the Outlook client right. Everything so far has been very straightforward but Im having a problem with a laptop setup to get the Outlook Sales Client installed. It has installed (after manually installing dotnetfx latest download). I have ran the English client beta on the laptop which isntalled ok - its a 256Mb ram laptop, P550 with Windows XP SP1, Office 2003 freshly installed on NTFS newly formatted partition. Im getting a screen layout which is all screwe...

Date formatting won't work
I would like to enter dates in a field using dd/mm/yy, however I want it to display the DAY also ie: ddd dd/mm/yy. I have tried to format the cell in custom formatting however it displays exactly what I have typed, even though the formatting indicates it should read the way I want it to. I have just purchased this copy of Office 2003. Any ideas would be appreciated. It is probably because you are entering a date like 31/12/2005 and excel is trying to read it as mm/dd/yyyy and since there is no month = 31 it converts the whole thing into text string. Always enter as say 31 dec 2004, and w...

Set default working directory in Publisher 2007
How do you set the default working directory in publisher 2007? The "2003" way does exist anymore... File, save as, browse to your working directory, right-click the save-in column, insert the working directory. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "evaughen" <evaughen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36FB3C7E-14AD-4923-923C-82E644CC65D0@microsoft.com... > How do you set the default working directory in publisher 2007? > > The "2003" way does exist anymore... ...

how can I get matching to work? (M06)
All of my accounts sync online After it syncs, how do I match up the payments from my checking account which are credit card payments with the transactions in the various credit card accounts that are those payments? I have read through the help and just keep going in circles. If I change the category for a credit card payment to the credit card account, it just creates a new transaction in the credit card account. It seems to me that there should be a way to get these payments to match up automatically, and if not automatically there definitely should be a way for me to match them up ...

How to make a Formula containing times.
How can I make a formula calculate how many occurances of a specific time frame happened in Sheet 1, column A, and put it in Sheet 2, column A, B, C? Example of the colums I'm speaking of: Sheet 1: contains start time of projects during 3 different shifts A START TIME (Header) 07/01/07 03:00 07/01/07 05:50 07/01/07 07:00 07/01/07 11:00 07/01/07 15:10 07/01/07 18:37 07/01/07 23:01 Sheet 2: A B C 7a-3p Shift (Header) 3p-11p Shift (Header) 11p-7a Shift (Hea...

OWA page not found only for 1 user??????
Hello everyone. We are in an Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003. I am stumped with this one. I have one user, whom for some reason I cannot figure out, gets an error when she tries to get to email through OWA. She gets a page not found error. "HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)" She can get to her email through Outlook just fine. And she is the only one having this problem out of a user population of about 1000 folks. I have tried using http://hostname/exchange, but get the same error. I have looked at her...

X and Y axis
How do I create a graph that uses X, Y and Z axes? Hi, Excel does not, as standard, do 3 value dimension charts. Have a read of Tushar's page on 3d surface charts. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/index.html You can fake a 3d plot using formula. Check out Fernando Cinquegrani's example. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html Or my own version. http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm Cheers Andy SS wrote: > How do I create a graph that uses X, Y and Z axes? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Use extract into a condition
I have a sumproduct formula with different conditions. One of them is picking up only the first 17 caracters of a cell. So LEFT(H10,17) =SUMPRODUCT(--(Details!$C$4:$C$151=Summary!G10),--(Details!$D$4:$D$151= LEFT(H10,17) ),--(Details!$E$4:$E$151=I10),Details!$F$4:$F$151) How do I put it on the formula? Thanks in advance Mosqui > =SUMPRODUCT(--(Details!$C$4:$C$151=Summary!G10),--(Details!$D$4:$D$151= > LEFT(H10,17) ),--(Details!$E$4:$E$151=I10),Details!$F$4:$F$151) Not sure what you're asking. Your formula is syntactically correct if yo...

calculated column in pivot table
Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other columns. I have tried creating formulas but that does not seem to do the trick. The answer is yes. For anything less general, we'll need specifics on what you tried, and what happened. "does not seem to do the trick" does not give us much to go on. Regards, Fred "freeriderxlt" <st.jdaich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97a60a38-262d-4a91-9474-7c26d8c44be3@a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other > columns. I have trie...

what formula do i use to figure payroll in my spredsheet
=Hours * Rate Or post some details in the large white space as I have done. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:29:48 -0700, excel 101 <excel 101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Clearing recently used list?
Hi, I created a test money file just so I can play around with it. I deleted the file now but it still shows up in the recently used list under the File menu. How do I go about removing it? TIA. In microsoft.public.money, KcN wrote: > >I created a test money file just so I can play around with it. I deleted >the file now but it still shows up in the recently used list under the File >menu. How do I go about removing it? You would have to search it out in the registry. What am I looking for? I searched for "test" since that's what I named my file... also ...

CRM Desktop Shortcuts dont work with IE 7
I have noticed that after upgrading to IE 7, my CRM desktop shortcuts dont work. Actually none of my internet shortcuts are working. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance Kuven Kuven, You may want to take a look at the executable that your shortcuts point to as well as the path. They may have changed when you installed IE7. I don't have anyone using IE7 yet if the are using CRM. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 03:22:01 -0800, Kuvenp <Kuvenp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have noticed that after upgrading to IE 7, my CRM desktop shortcuts ...

How will this work: Changing bill payer from MSN Bill Pay to my bank
My one year of MSN Bill Pay premium service, included in M03 dlx is close to expiring. So I am planning to use the service from my bank, (their bill payment service is fully integrated with Money ... they say). I'd like to know how all the payees I've setup in M03 will function if I switch Bill Pay providers?, or if anyone has any experience switching like this? For example, several payee's I've setup in M03 cannot be deleted, nor can their name be edited. I'm sure there's a reason for this, although I don't know exactly what it is, (my guess is there'...