Calculating time #3

I know this question has been asked before, but the answers that I have found
do not seem to work for me for some reason.  I am probably doing something
wrong.  What I need to do is calculate hours worked for the day.  I have set
up a spreadsheet to include the following:
C3 is the time in
D3 is the time out
E3 is .5 hours (this is lunch)
F3 is the total number hours worked for the day.  The formula I have put in
this cell is:  =HOUR(D3-C3)-E3  [this is exactly how the formula is typed in]

Now, if someone put their time in as 7:30 a.m. and their time out at 4:00
p.m. and they take the .5 hour lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8 hour day.  If
they put their time in as 7:00 a.m. and time out as 4:00 p.m. with a .5 hour
lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8.5 hour day, and so on.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!

Teri.
0
Teri (33)

Hi Teri,

Easier with European time, but essentially the same:

C3: 7:30
D3: 16:00
E3: 0:30

=D3-C3-E3

Gives you 8:00

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB499B97-9584-401C-A20C-D31C5214AEEA@microsoft.com...
|I know this question has been asked before, but the answers that I have found
| do not seem to work for me for some reason.  I am probably doing something
| wrong.  What I need to do is calculate hours worked for the day.  I have set
| up a spreadsheet to include the following:
| C3 is the time in
| D3 is the time out
| E3 is .5 hours (this is lunch)
| F3 is the total number hours worked for the day.  The formula I have put in
| this cell is:  =HOUR(D3-C3)-E3  [this is exactly how the formula is typed in]
|
| Now, if someone put their time in as 7:30 a.m. and their time out at 4:00
| p.m. and they take the .5 hour lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8 hour day.  If
| they put their time in as 7:00 a.m. and time out as 4:00 p.m. with a .5 hour
| lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8.5 hour day, and so on.
|
| Am I doing something wrong?
|
| Thanks!!
|
| Teri.

0
nicolaus (2022)
5/15/2006 4:30:19 PM
Enter 0:30 in E3, instead of .5

HTH
--
AP

"Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
AB499B97-9584-401C-A20C-D31C5214AEEA@microsoft.com...
>I know this question has been asked before, but the answers that I have
>found
> do not seem to work for me for some reason.  I am probably doing something
> wrong.  What I need to do is calculate hours worked for the day.  I have
> set
> up a spreadsheet to include the following:
> C3 is the time in
> D3 is the time out
> E3 is .5 hours (this is lunch)
> F3 is the total number hours worked for the day.  The formula I have put
> in
> this cell is:  =HOUR(D3-C3)-E3  [this is exactly how the formula is typed
> in]
>
> Now, if someone put their time in as 7:30 a.m. and their time out at 4:00
> p.m. and they take the .5 hour lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8 hour day.
> If
> they put their time in as 7:00 a.m. and time out as 4:00 p.m. with a .5
> hour
> lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8.5 hour day, and so on.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Teri.

0
ardus.petus (319)
5/15/2006 4:35:06 PM
Niek,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly!  I have changed my
formula to what you suggested and F3 returns #VALUE!.  I have all the cells
EXCEPT F3 formatted as time in the 24-hour clock format (I believe that is
what you meant be "European time").  I figured this was going to be a very
simple spreadsheet, but has turned into a headache!

Thank you again!

Teri.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> Hi Teri,
>
> Easier with European time, but essentially the same:
>
> C3: 7:30
> D3: 16:00
> E3: 0:30
>
> =D3-C3-E3
>
> Gives you 8:00
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> "Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB499B97-9584-401C-A20C-D31C5214AEEA@microsoft.com...
> |I know this question has been asked before, but the answers that I have found
> | do not seem to work for me for some reason.  I am probably doing something
> | wrong.  What I need to do is calculate hours worked for the day.  I have set
> | up a spreadsheet to include the following:
> | C3 is the time in
> | D3 is the time out
> | E3 is .5 hours (this is lunch)
> | F3 is the total number hours worked for the day.  The formula I have put in
> | this cell is:  =HOUR(D3-C3)-E3  [this is exactly how the formula is typed in]
> |
> | Now, if someone put their time in as 7:30 a.m. and their time out at 4:00
> | p.m. and they take the .5 hour lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8 hour day.  If
> | they put their time in as 7:00 a.m. and time out as 4:00 p.m. with a .5 hour
> | lunch, I need F3 to reflect an 8.5 hour day, and so on.
> |
> | Am I doing something wrong?
> |
> | Thanks!!
> |
> | Teri.

0
Teri (33)

Report error Run Time error 2427
I have combo box where I have list of months and years. When I choose January 2009. It gives me a 2427 run time error. When I debug it takes me to: Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integr, FormatCount As Integer) If Me.somefield>0 Then Me.Detail.BackColor = 14408667 Else Me.Detail.BackColor = 16777215 If me.[anotherfield] = "Followup" Then Me.Label22.Visible = False End Sub However, when I choose any other month I get my report in view form. Can someone please explain and help me out?? Thank you. I would try: Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integr, F...

Bedat No. 3 Steel Black Ladies Watch 334.011.301, Best Wristwatch World
Bedat No. 3 Steel Black Ladies Watch 334.011.301, Best Wristwatch World Click Here To Website : http://www.watchess.net/Bedat_No_3_Steel_Black_Ladies_Watch_334.011.301.html Wristwatch World: http://www.watchess.net/ Bedat No. 3 Steel Black Ladies Watch 334.011.301 Information : Brand : Bedat & CO Watches ( http://www.watchess.net/Bedat_CO_Watches.html ) Gender : Ladies Code : Bedat-334.011.301 Also Called : Case Material : Case Thickness : Dial Color : Bezel : Movement : Crystal : Clasp : Water Resistant : Availability: In Stock ...

Word as E-mail Editor #3
I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every time I click new email I get a message that says "Another program is trying to access E-mail..." and it give me a choice to cick Yes to allow or No. go to www.officeupdate.com that issue was fixed a while back (in Office 2000 i know for sure) "Emiliano Pedroza" <EPedroza@colliersparrish.com> wrote in message news:1d99d01c423d2$6d5b70b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have MS Word set to edit my email messages and every > time I click new email I get a message that says "Another > program is trying to...

scan all drives ( c: d: e: ......) in one time ?
excuse me but I'm french y scan one drive to search files with FindFirstFile, but and want to scan all drive (I suppose that i don't know how many drive) use GetDriveType, GetLogicalDrives APIs to retreive info about drives. "gege" <popo@free.fr> wrote in message news:4033afa3$0$22381$626a14ce@news.free.fr... > excuse me but I'm french > > y scan one drive to search files with FindFirstFile, but and want to scan > all drive (I suppose that i don't know how many drive) > > ...

Default email account #3
How can I set my default email account to be my external POP3 account rather than my microsoft exchange? I go through email accounts and select the pop3 account then chose set as default and it keeps those settings until I reboot. Once I reboot the computer Microsoft exchange account becomes the default email account once again. Thanks for anyones help! Kim If the Exchange server is running on Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, users with non-Exchange accounts in the same profile as the Exchange account may see the default mail account always revert to the Exchange account, regard...

Pay Balance Each Period still calculates interest-why?
Why does Money continue to estimate a Pay Balance Each Period that includes Interest? I would not be charged Interest if I paid the balance each period. I can get around this by setting a 0% Introductory Rate but I should not have to tweak the software like this. Am I missing something? How about providing us some more context so we can maybe help better. What version/edition are you using? Are you using Essential or Advanced Register/Bills? Are you talking about the "Pay Balance Each Period" setting in Account Details? (I'm not sure this is used much of anywhere so ...

Internet Orders #3
Is there still a way to download internet orders in RMS. I saw the functionality when I first installed the product, but am unable to find it now. Where do you put the server info at for the POS to download the internet orders? I have a web firm that is making a web store for me, and I have a copy of a XML Yahoo receipt. I jsut cannot figure out where to tell RMS to download the orders from. Thanks for the help, Nick http://www.newestech.com They have an add-in called Web Integrator that will download web sales in the Yahoo Stores DTD format and load them into the RMS Database cor...

Time Sheet #2
I am trying to make a time sheet that automatically calculates regular time and overtime. B C D E F Time Worked Total Reg O/T Start End Hours Hours Hours In column E, I would like it to add up the total amount of regular hours worked (up to 8 hours) on a given day. In column F I would like a total of any hours over 8 hours in a given day. Can someone help me with the formula for this. Thanks I assume that you will enter the start time and Worked End in Excel time format, i.e. something like 8:00 and 17:00 resp...

excel 2007 does not automatically calculate
I am new here, and I need help please. I have an excel worksheet that I use to update my daily fiancials. Just recently for some reason when I enter a number, excel does not sum up directly. Considering that I have been using this same worksheet for a year now and never had this problem before. I have to click on the formula and press enter for it to update. Not sure if I disabled something in excel 2007. THanks In EXCEL 2007 try this:- Office Button (top left hand corner) Excel Options Formulas (on left hand side) In here make sure that:- Workbook Calculation ...

1.3 and 2 Instantces
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C667AC.F5846C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running two instantces of HQ on my server - are there any known = problems with this? ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C667AC.F5846C10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =...

CRM 3.0 (rtf)M
Does anybody have some good hyperlinks to sites where's explained what the best steps are to implement CRM 3.0 (Professional, with a Terminal Server w2k3r2)? It's a bit more complicated than i expected... Thanks in advance! 'Kay, for who's interested, search for: MSCRM3.0-IG-3.0.5-ENU --> there's a lot of info in it. ...

outbox #3
I have an email that refuses to besent or deleted (10mb). Each time I try to get rid of it it tells me it is being sent, if I try to move it to another folder it tells me it is being sent, if I go into find and try to delete it it tells me it has already been deleted. I have auto arcived, reboted, defragmented HELP! It is stopping me form sending out any other eamils HELP! >-----Original Message----- >I have an email that refuses to besent or deleted >(10mb). Each time I try to get rid of it it tells me it >is being sent, if I try to move it to another folder it >t...

Renamed invalid sheet name #3
Hello, I am exporting a report from crystal reports into Excel 2003 and I keep getting an error message that Excel has "Renamed invalid sheet name". It is pulling up a Microsoft office Excel File Repair Log. How can I make it stop doing this? is there a setting in excel that needs to be changed? How about changing CR so that it stops creating a worksheet with an invalid name? Angela wrote: > > Hello, > I am exporting a report from crystal reports into Excel 2003 and I keep > getting an error message that Excel has "Renamed invalid sheet name". It is &g...

Cube Root #3
Can Excel 2000 find the Cube Root? If so, how? Hi see your other post "bigfoot" wrote: > Can Excel 2000 find the Cube Root? If so, how? ...

Random numbers, Canadian Zip Code style #3
Cool, I'll give it a try. Thank you very much. Le -- Shocke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shocked's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26523 ...

Function to calculate a team's form over previous 3 games only
Hi, I keep a spreadsheet of a local football (soccer) league, I'd like to find a function that calculates how many of a home team's last 3 home games were won, drawn or lost (as well as goals scored & conceded). I keep the matches and results in date order in cells B4:G309 and a table of current form in AB4:AZ21 I currently use an array formula which has to be manually updated as the season progresses to take account of that ie at the beginning of the season the formula would look like this to calculate the total games won at home {=SUM((C4:C309="Team name")*(G4:G309=1...

You can't carry out this action at the present time
I am working on a database that is used at a number of similar organisations. I recently added an audit trail to this using a slightly adapted version of an example I found on this newsgroup. This consists of calling a module BeforeUpdate which assigns any changes into an invisible field and running the following code AfterUpdate to assign the change into an Audit Trail table: Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() On Error GoTo Err_AfterUpdate_Click Dim strName As String, StrSql As String Dim FormID As String Dim Changes As String strName = CurrentUser() FormID =...

Help #3
a get/change first operation ontable 'SY_batch_activity_MSTR' has caused an unknown error(2) ...

macros for calculating data after inserting row
hi~~ I am working on a spreadsheet where I search through row by row, and if the data in the Column B of that particular row is equivalent to the data in the Column B of another row is the same, I add the data in the Column W of the rows together. Then, I divide the number by the count of how many rows are the same. I found a way to do something similar to this by using =SUM(w3:w9)/rows(w3:w9), but that only works when I insert rows within the row ranges, assuming that the data in Column B of rows 3 through 9 are the same. If I insert a row after row 9 that has the same value as the others...

Amnesty for illegal immigrants will not happen this time.....................

Adding Times Past 24 Hours in an Access Report
I've created a pilot's logbook in Microsoft Access, but cannot figure out how to add times once the sum is greater than 24 hours (it goes to 00:01 AM on the next day). Can anybody help me? The field I'm trying to sum is called [PIC]. Instead of 00:01AM, I want it to display 24:01. Thanks in advance for your time. I've been stuck with this problem for quite a while. Brian Use DateDiff() to get the time in minutes. You can then format it as hours and minutes on the report. Details in: Calculating elapsed time at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-13.html -- Allen Brown...

Removing 1st e2k #3
We are ready to remove the 1st e2k from our exchange organization following ms article 307917. We have rehomed all the necessary folders according to this article. We are at step 7, designate another server to be the routing group master. I am a little weary about this step. We are moving all the roles to a member e2k3 . Currently the e2k has a connector hosted on it. The e2k has an outbound smtp connector and is the local bridge header which allow mail to be sent to externally email accounts. Currently the E2K3 and a smtp server use this connector to send mail. On our public DNS...

Item Combiner #3
In the Professional Services Tools Library - using Item Combiner, can you combine two items with different Price Groups and/or Price Methods? We use Extended Pricing. ...

help with matching if #3
As you can see I am totally a noob to excel. And I have another noo problem needed to be solve. can someone please help me once more. Quetion #2: per say, I have a table of data, and I would like to exce to return the matching values from the table to a2. for example: [ ]|Y1 |Y2| Y3| X1|.54|.65|.67| X2|.56|.67|.89| cell A1=Y1 cell A2=X1 A4 will return the matching values from y1,x1=.54 Thx for the help everyone. Highly Appreciated -- augustu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- augustus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Word should allow multiple copy and paste saves at one time
Hello My name is Jason Staniforth and I have an idea for Microsoft word use improvement. I find that when copy and pasting text or information, sometimes I want text sections and pictures that are spread over the page and I don’t want to copy the boarder or the adverts in between. To overcome this, I feel that allowing a method to copy and save small sections quickly and easily would greatly benefit people that are doing research or copying addresses names and numbers. Something similar to highlighting the selected section, holding Ctrl and C and then pressing 1. Then ...