Break Even Point

Hello,

Is there a formula to calculate a break even point?  Scenario:  Rate ranges
are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc.  Eg: Shipper has
load that weighs 990 lbs.  What is the break even point to move the load
forward into the next cheaper range.

Hope that makes sense.

Any help appreciated.
0
Connie (70)

"Break even" generally implies two opposing trends. Where they meet is the
'break even' point. You have supplied only one 'trend'. Can you expand on
the problem?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is there a formula to calculate a break even point?  Scenario:  Rate
> ranges
> are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc.  Eg: Shipper has
> load that weighs 990 lbs.  What is the break even point to move the load
> forward into the next cheaper range.
>
> Hope that makes sense.
>
> Any help appreciated.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/22/2009 5:16:07 PM
Unfortunately, the only info I will ever have for this is the actual weight,
the ranges and the amount to charge for each range.  Any suggestions?

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> "Break even" generally implies two opposing trends. Where they meet is the
> 'break even' point. You have supplied only one 'trend'. Can you expand on
> the problem?
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a formula to calculate a break even point?  Scenario:  Rate
> > ranges
> > are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc.  Eg: Shipper has
> > load that weighs 990 lbs.  What is the break even point to move the load
> > forward into the next cheaper range.
> >
> > Hope that makes sense.
> >
> > Any help appreciated.

0
Connie (70)
1/22/2009 5:31:01 PM
Then the problem has no solution!
--

> Unfortunately, the only info I will ever have for this is the actual
> weight,
> the ranges and the amount to charge for each range.  Any suggestions?
>
> "Bernard Liengme" wrote:
>
>> "Break even" generally implies two opposing trends. Where they meet is
>> the
>> 'break even' point. You have supplied only one 'trend'. Can you expand on
>> the problem?
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> Microsoft Excel MVP
>> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Is there a formula to calculate a break even point?  Scenario:  Rate
>> > ranges
>> > are 500 lbs at $10, 1000 lbs @ $5, 2000 lbs @ $2.5, etc.  Eg: Shipper
>> > has
>> > load that weighs 990 lbs.  What is the break even point to move the
>> > load
>> > forward into the next cheaper range.
>> >
>> > Hope that makes sense.
>> >
>> > Any help appreciated.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

line break in word wrap
Is it possible to have a line break when entering text in a cell when word wrap is checked? gonzi, Try Alt + Enter John "gonzi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:133501c3c453$4a60bf90$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have a line break when entering text in > a cell when word wrap is checked? ...

How do I have unique data labels for points in a XY Scatter plot?
If you select the entire data label column as the data label... it puts each one up for each data point. I need an individual data label for each point. Right now what I do is make an individual data series for each point.. which is very painful. Any suggestions?? Use Bovey chart labeller - ignore the fact that it is call XY Chart Labeller http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "heyhowzitgoin" <heyhowzitgoin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:404CDFC8-1096-4380...

move the point horizontally if it lie on top of the other point
I am trying to plot a line chart with a primary axis as category X axis (there are 4 categories) and a value Y axis. I don't want any line to connect the points. I just have symbols to show the values. The chart works fine. The problem is in each category there are some same values and they show as a single point on the graph, because one lie on top of the other. How do move the points horizontally if there is more than one point at the same place. I want to show that there are more than one points. Thanks Sheela You can simulate the effect with a XY Scatter chart. Here's how...

point of sales in excel
Has anyone writen point of sales program in excel???? I want to write one but sure could use some help to get started. Greetings Hans As the name below implies, that's one of the things that I do. What is it for and what do you need? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "hans" <hans_jeucken@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23WDxoc%23yDHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Has anyone writen point of sales program in excel???? > I want to write one but sure could use some help to get started. > > Greetings Hans > > ...

issue with decimal points
Hi, I have a question that i need your help with Access database. Is there a way of limiting the decimal point to 2 when a user enters digits for number? I believe we can use the decimal type with scale of 2. The problem with this is it doesn't notify user of the fact that it only accepts up to 2 decimal points. What it does is if i enter something like 234.567, it only accepts 234.56 without telling me that it's going to chop off anything beyond 2 decimal points. I wonder if we could let them know that this only accepts 2 decimal points. So when they enter 234.567 - they wil...

Returning Only Odd or Even Address Ranges
I am new to Access Monster. I have been searching for days to find the answer to my query question. I have an Access database of street address ranges for the entire city used for planning meter reading routes used by my company. (There are fields for the beginning and ending numbers in the range.) I've built a simple search form with text fields for Address#, Street Name and Street type. This works fine using the Between operator. I receive the correct steet address range and route number in my subform after entering a single address in the main form. I occasionally re...

about share point potal server
sir how to add new column in share point portal server 2003 Go here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sheik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ebda01c46b45$f203b060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > sir > how to add new column in share point portal server 2003 ...

move points in a plot
In older versions of Excel, you could click on a point in the plot (scatter plot) to select it, and click and drag to move that point, automatically updating the value in the corresponding cell. What happened to that in Excel 2007? Hi, The feature has been removed in xl2007. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BC73EE2-A2DF-4B7C-8FB0-6F1CA6E10604@microsoft.com... > In older versions of Excel, you could click on a point in the plot > (scatter > plot) to sel...

how to use stacked line with markers plot to draw point estimation and confidence interval
Dear All, I am trying to use following data and code to create a figure for point estimation and confidence interval. But there are two problems: 1. The figure doesn't show the right value. For instance, the maximum value in table is around 10, but in figure there are 2 points over 15. 2. How to delete the lines link all low values, all mid values, and all high values. Thanks John ' data in first 4 rows and 3 columns 'g1 g2 g3 '1.751413641 1.928132172 -3.610606359 '5.701064 6.117369 0.339044 '9.650714359 10.30660583 4.288694359 Option Explicit Option Ba...

Table import
Hi, I would like to know how to import the order point quantities through table import. Does anybody know what are the required fields etc? Thanks in advance -- Elaine The Order Point Quantity field is stored by site for each item in the Item Quantitiy Master Table (IV00102). Using Table Import, you cannot 'update' a record, you can only add new records. A better bet would be to use a SQL update statement on that field - ORDRPNTQTY - being certain to specify the correct item number, record type and site ID. Unless you are VERY comfortable with the database structure and tra...

VBA To Insert Page Breaks
Hello, I have a spreadsheet in which some of the cells in column a are merged. Column A represents an employee name and the columns beside it represent different data. What I would like to do is insert a horizontal page break after each employee name all the way to the end of the data. Does anyone know how to do this? Because the cells in Column A are merged, can I just create a loop and make a break after each "row"? Thanks in advance, John hi, John ! > I have a spreadsheet in which some of the cells in column a are merged. > Column A represents an employee name and t...

Removing Points from Chart.
Hi, is it possible to click and remove data points from the chart manually. I would like to remove some points that are not close to my trendline or best fit line i have created on the chart, and at the same time i want them to get removed from the cells (where I have the data table). Is this possible? How? Please Help. Thanks in advance. I'm afraid that is not possible In pre-2007 versions you can drag a point on an XY chart to a new position BTW: do be aware that it you remove data points, the trendline will also shift best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http:/...

Trendline partial data start point
I was able to create a linear trendline for only portion of the data in my pareto (by adding new series), but the line always starts at the beginning of the chart - ie, the first bar in the pareto - no matter where I define the start of the data for it. Is there a way to have it start at the stack that the first datapoint actually represents? Thanks Hi, You can calculate the trendline in the spreadsheet and then plot whatever portion of that you want. Depending on the type of trendline you can use LINEST, LOGEST, SLOPE and INTERCEPT. Or you can get the formula from the charts trendl...

Points per purchase
I would like to use the points per item system used in the limit purchase table (limit total points) to create my own Reward Points Systems without an add-in... My questions are: 1) in which table of the database are this points stored so I don´t have to input the product price one by one? 2) once you put the total points limit and have the table full with all the products and its points (one dollar = one point), where are the total customer points stored? I want to read it and display it in the top part of the HTML status bar... 3) is there a way to substract the customer points ...

How To Modify One Point In A Graph...
Hi all, I have a problem I cannot solve.. I think it is an EXCEL BUG !! Could somebody have a quick lok at my spreadsheet.. it should take onl few minutes... otherwise, here is the details of my concern.... I have 2 series (Credit and Volatility) on the same graph. Date Credit Volatility B/S Flag 25/03/04 30 42 B 25/04/04 35 45 S 25/05/04 34 43 25/06/04 38 42 S I want to change the shape of specific points : put a big green squar when there is a "B" flag, or put a Big red sq...

Bar Chart To Line Chart for last 3 points only
Hi There, hopefully someone knows the answer, i have a simple chart going from january to December. The chart info is actuals for January through to September which are shown as a bar graph, what i want to do is create a line graph showing the forecast for October through to December. Rather than creating a new row of forecast data. Is it possible for me to insert the forecast numbers in the actuals series and change the bar chart to a line for these three months only. i.e January to September Bar Graph and October to December line graph. thanks Big H I'm afraid not. I belie...

Labeling each data point in scatter chart
Is there some way to create a scatter chart automatically with each of the points labelled from the following data? I have over 100 data points each with a unique label and doing each series x value, y value and name individually takes a lot of time. I could transpose the data if it helps. label x y aaa 150 0.001 bbb 200 0.0005 ccc 35 0.03 ddd 15 0.1 Thanks Use one of these free utilities. They integrate very smoothly into Excel. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files...

break a link
Hiya, Is there an easy way to unlink a chart from its source data? I have 6 charts generated from a large spreadsheet in excel 97. I send these charts on by email to others and I want to be able to send the charts without the links to keep the file size reasonable. I tried copy, paste special, paste as picture but the paste special box is greyed out. I can copy into word using paste special but not within excel which seems a little bit strange. It also leaves me with formatting problems I'd like to avoid. Thanks for your help. Hi see: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Char...

Outlook breaks e-mail body text into multiple attachments
Our company uses GoldMine for e-mail for internal users, but our external users use Outlook (MS Office 2003). Both our GoldMine and Outlook users are complaining that when they receive e-mail (typically mail that was received, replied-to, received again, etc.) originated by Outlook, Outlook breaks the e-mail body into multiple attachments, This is seen as multiple icons by the e-mail recipient whether the recipient's mail client is Outlook or Goldmine. Note that this does not happen when mail is originated via GoldMine. I've reviewed this newsgroup and have seen others refer...

repeat music in Power Point presentation
I prepare a Pouwer Point Presentation; Put Musc from my file in ( Track 4) The sound file is not long enough to last through all slides. In the play Sound box I clicked on the Timing tap , and set the Repeat option to 9999 . the music does not repeat. Please can you help me? On Mon, 28 May 2007 02:44:02 -0700, gisella <gisella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I prepare a Pouwer Point Presentation; Put Musc from my file in ( Track 4) >The sound file is not long enough to last through all slides. In the play >Sound box I clicked on the Timing tap , and set the Repeat opti...

Delete to a "find" point
Is it possible to delete text up to a Find command? I'd like to write a macro that says "Delete all text until you Find xxxx". For instance if I have the word FINDME multiple times in text I would like to turn on delete until the Find command reaches FINDME, then deletes all the characters between where the Find command started and found the word. I could then arrow down to the next line and start a loop command to keep the macro running to the end of the document. I know this is complicated but I would really appreciate knowing if I can do it. A macro containing ...

plotting certain x points from a large data group
Is there a function or method to plot say every 8th point in the x data (time stamp) column with many other columns of data that is to be plotted to the y axis per the x (time stamp) data points.. You can extract every 8th cell into a different (contiguous) range, and use that secondary range as the data source for your graph. If your data is in column A starting with A2 (allowing for headers), and you want to get A2, A10, A18 etc in sucessive cells in column D, then put this in D2: =3DINDEX(A:A,(ROW(A1)-1)*8+2) then copy down as required. You can have a similar formula in colu...

how do I chang the start point for my next row?
I am trying to graph out numbers in a chronological order, when one number ends the next one begins. Like how old I was when my daughter was born, her time line will begin at the age I was when she was born. Are you doing this with a bar chart of some kind? "IvanT" <IvanT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CE7BA09-79BA-4F0A-8F3F-74FFA00D9170@microsoft.com... > I am trying to graph out numbers in a chronological order, when one number > ends the next one begins. Like how old I was when my daughter was born, her > time line will begin at the age I was ...

O.2002 sending / receiving every 30 seconds even with option to do so disabled
Here's the problem: I have outlook 2002 set to check for new mail every 30 minutes. However, it checks every 30 seconds w/o fail no matter what I do to keep that from happening. I have checked and rechecked the settings and it still is set to check every 30 minutes. What could be the problem? virus, maybe? --charliepelletier ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Space for recovery point (DPM 2007), file related
OK, I have found the different worksheet and different tools, web site, and KB to calculate the sizing of DPM volumes, but I am hitting a "head scratching" confusing something. Let me give a scenario and please correct me when needed ;) I have an SQL server, that I use SQL Maintenance to create BAK file, once a day, and keeping 7 days of backup. The backup folder with all the DB are 60gig (Yes I can use DPM to backup the DB directly, but I still want to have the SQL BAK done). So to me, this is a simply "FILE backup", with a Replica volume of always 60gb, a...