Between using Sumproduct

Is there a way to enter a date value that is between 2 dates in sumproduct
or another function that will look at the same column and return the sum of
a different column? If the value is greater than May 1,2007 but less than
August 31, 2007 in column A it will return the sum of the matching rows in
column B.
I have tried this with either greater than OR less than and it works but,
when I try them in the same sumproduct() it fails.
Thanks for reading and any information to the right direction.

--
Lee Coleman

0
lee3783 (44)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500>=DATE(2007,5,1)),--(A2:A500<=DATE(2007,8,31)),B2:B500)

note that I included May 1st and August 31st since that is what I believe
you wanted, if not change the

<=
>=

<

You can also use

=SUMIF(A2:A500,">="&DATE(2007,5,1),B2:B500)-SUMIF(A2:A500,">"&DATE(2007,8,31),B2:B500)

which is probably a bit more efficient if you have a lot of cells to sum

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Lee" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to enter a date value that is between 2 dates in sumproduct
> or another function that will look at the same column and return the sum
> of a different column? If the value is greater than May 1,2007 but less
> than August 31, 2007 in column A it will return the sum of the matching
> rows in column B.
> I have tried this with either greater than OR less than and it works but,
> when I try them in the same sumproduct() it fails.
> Thanks for reading and any information to the right direction.
>
> --
> Lee Coleman

0
terre081 (3244)
11/6/2007 6:15:25 PM
I am confused about the Date because the accounting program exports the
invoice date in MMDDYYYY. Will this work with the YYYYMD format that you
have here or do I need to change one of the formats? And it is alot of rows
and I am grateful for Excel 2007 that can handle the 95,000+ rows on one
worksheet.
Thank you for the feedback.
Lee

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500>=DATE(2007,5,1)),--(A2:A500<=DATE(2007,8,31)),B2:B500)
>

> note that I included May 1st and August 31st since that is what I believe
> you wanted, if not change the
>
> <=
>>=

> <
>>

> You can also use
>
> =SUMIF(A2:A500,">="&DATE(2007,5,1),B2:B500)-SUMIF(A2:A500,">"&DATE(2007,8,31),B2:B500)
>
> which is probably a bit more efficient if you have a lot of cells to sum
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Lee" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to enter a date value that is between 2 dates in
>> sumproduct or another function that will look at the same column and
>> return the sum of a different column? If the value is greater than May
>> 1,2007 but less than August 31, 2007 in column A it will return the sum
>> of the matching rows in column B.
>> I have tried this with either greater than OR less than and it works but,
>> when I try them in the same sumproduct() it fails.
>> Thanks for reading and any information to the right direction.
>>
>> --
>> Lee Coleman

0
lee3783 (44)
11/6/2007 6:40:39 PM
That's a stupid accounting program. MMDDYYYY is not dates as far as Excel
can tell
You can convert it but not through formatting which just change the display

Best way is probably to select A, then do data>text to columns, click next
twice and in step 3 under column data format select date and MDY from the
dropdown

Also if A2:A500 (replace by your actual range) do NOT have any empty cells
you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(--TEXT(A2:A500,"00\/00\/0000")>=DATE(2007,5,1)),--(--TEXT(A2:A500,"00\/00\/0000")<=DATE(2007,8,31)),B2:B500)

If there are empty cells you can use

=SUM(IF(A2:A500<>"",IF(--TEXT(A2:A500,"00\/00\/0000")>=DATE(2007,5,1),IF(--TEXT(A2:A500,"00\/00\/0000")<=DATE(2007,8,31),B2:B500))))

enter with ctrl + shift & enter

--

>I am confused about the Date because the accounting program exports the
>invoice date in MMDDYYYY. Will this work with the YYYYMD format that you
>have here or do I need to change one of the formats? And it is alot of rows
>and I am grateful for Excel 2007 that can handle the 95,000+ rows on one
>worksheet.
> Thank you for the feedback.
> Lee
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500>=DATE(2007,5,1)),--(A2:A500<=DATE(2007,8,31)),B2:B500)
>>

>> note that I included May 1st and August 31st since that is what I believe
>> you wanted, if not change the
>>
>> <=
>>>=

>> <
>>>

>> You can also use
>>
>> =SUMIF(A2:A500,">="&DATE(2007,5,1),B2:B500)-SUMIF(A2:A500,">"&DATE(2007,8,31),B2:B500)
>>
>> which is probably a bit more efficient if you have a lot of cells to sum
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "Lee" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to enter a date value that is between 2 dates in
>>> sumproduct or another function that will look at the same column and
>>> return the sum of a different column? If the value is greater than May
>>> 1,2007 but less than August 31, 2007 in column A it will return the sum
>>> of the matching rows in column B.
>>> I have tried this with either greater than OR less than and it works
>>> but, when I try them in the same sumproduct() it fails.
>>> Thanks for reading and any information to the right direction.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lee Coleman

0
terre081 (3244)

Using iterations to calculate circular references.
I am working with data that requires using circular references in some calculations. I checked the "iterations" box to allow for these calculations to work, and Ecxel seems to be calculating everything correctly. The problem is that after I close the workbook, when I later reopen it to continue working, all the cells that are a part of the circular reference display the #VALUE! error. I can fix this by deleting one cell that is part of the loop and then undoing that command, or by copying the formula from a cell, deleting it, and pasting it back into the same cell. I have to d...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Using crm:5555 rather than a custom hostheader
All I would just like to know what's the recommended solution for a CRM (v3) deployment:- use the standard crm:5555 or a custom hostheader e.g. crm.mycompany.net. Will the custom hostheader cause me any problems? Will external users be able to logon remotely using this host header? Many thanks, Nick. ...

Between using Sumproduct
Is there a way to enter a date value that is between 2 dates in sumproduct or another function that will look at the same column and return the sum of a different column? If the value is greater than May 1,2007 but less than August 31, 2007 in column A it will return the sum of the matching rows in column B. I have tried this with either greater than OR less than and it works but, when I try them in the same sumproduct() it fails. Thanks for reading and any information to the right direction. -- Lee Coleman =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A500>=DATE(2007,5,1)),--(A2:A500<=DATE(2007,8,31)),B2...

Creating a template using Publisher

Is anybody using Symantec Enterprise Vault?
Hi, A vendor has recommended this solution to us, I have looked at the datasheet for the product and it speaks the right language but I was wondering if anybody on here uses it in a live environment and what their opinion of it is. Cheers Sean ...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

Server being used to send out viruses
Problem: When I select "Clients can only submit if homed on this server" in the CONNECTIONS tab in the IMC, my remote POP3 users cannot send email through the server. The email just sits in their Outbox. These POP3 clients do have mailboxes (email accounts) on the server so this should work. When I set my server to ACCEPT CONNECTIONS FROM ANY HOST, my server becomes a target for others (as known as evil people) to use my email server to send out viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, everyone who contributes to this forum. This is great! David Hi, If you are using Exchange, w...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

SUMPRODUCT 01-21-10
The following formula works fine: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$BL1:$BL$6000")={"A"}),--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$O$1:$O$6000")="XN01"),(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$CI$1:$CI$6000"))) However, I cant seem to get the following to work: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$BL1:$BL$6000")={"A","B"}),--(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$O$1:$O$6000")="XN01","XR01"),(INDIRECT($AW$3&"!$CI$1:$CI$6000"))) I need to be able to summarise (using a headcount indicator (1) in Column CI) ...

question about using the correct schema namespace
I have a Access/VBA client that exports xml to the local drive, then posts it over http to an aspx page. The aspx page consumes it, then builds itself based on the xml data. This works find only if I first mannually change the root entry's namespace url as shown below. Does anyone know how I can get the two (cleint xml export and aspx xml consume) to work together with the appropriate namespace? Here is the top three lines of my xml export (prior to mannually changing it): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/200...

How do I tell if Frontpage was used to design a website?
The developers of my website are long gone and I know nothing about what they did. I think it was deisgned in Frontpage, bit am not sure. Once I know that I would like to "convert" it to something that would allow me make changes to the site easily...maybe a visual website designer..is there such a thing? To see if your website is designed in FrontPage a Link to your website will help us. CoffeeCup.com Say:: Visual Site Designer is a WYSIWYG Website creator and editor that helps you make WebPages with no experience or HTML knowledge. Just drag and drop images or ...

How to send a HTML email using MAPI or CDO
I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO. Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that? Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi (MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library. Thank you is advance, V. -- Desktop Solutions for Small Companies http://www.micromango.com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200706/1 you should be using Access Data Projects and server-side email.. xp_sendmail ...

can't use video/audio setup
I uninstalled WLM9.0 and re-installed WLM 8.5 (version 8.5.1302.1018). Now I can't use the video/audio setup. It returned "we are unable to run video/audio setup for the time being". My machine runs on Windows XP SP2 Please help The WLM could not run the audio chat after reinstallation. Anyone can help? "Walter_C" wrote: > I uninstalled WLM9.0 and re-installed WLM 8.5 (version 8.5.1302.1018). Now I > can't use the video/audio setup. It returned "we are unable to run > video/audio setup for the time being". > > ...

using backslash ( \ ) inside Parameter
Hi I am trying to use backslash as a part of a parameter at stored procedure. And I am getting syntax error. For instance, to execute like this.. EXEC spSetupPermissions CORP\ABC, Sale with parameter I have set up like this.. CREATE PROC [dbo].[spSetupPermissions] @USERNAME varchar(50), @DEPARTMENT varchar(12) AS IF @DEPARTMENT = 'Sale' BEGIN EXEC Sale.dbo.sp_addlogin @loginame= @USERNAME EXEC Sale.dbo.sp_addrolemember 'db_owner', @USERNAME END ......etc... I should I go about doing this? I would appreciate if anyone would give...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

Using backup as import
Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? No but you should be able to restore it. "perple" <perple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0832C8E2-B5EB-4197-954E-03E64F66E32E@microsoft.com... > Can I import a Money 2002 backup file into Money 2007? ...

Stop use of Distribution List
Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution list? Since you have so much detail of how you are setup and if there are specific people or groups you want to restrict from using it, I will answer your question with the same amount of detail....YES. Add more detail and we can give you a better answer. "brendanrtw" <brendanrtw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CB3EB2F-F428-46AD-A41E-A1495B8CF4CD@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway that you can stop, or restrict the use of a distribution > list? On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:00:...

using dates Part 2

Installing Outlook 2003 using Custom Wizard
I am installing Outlook 2003 using the custom installation wizard. This was working fine for some time. Now, someone in my group must have modified the settings because when I install Office using this MST file the local Outlook Contacts are not showing in the GAL. When I go to the properties and try to add it the check box for "Show this folder as an email address book" is greyed out. I have to go in and manually add the Outlook Address book. Can anyone tell me what setting I can change in my Outlook custom install settings for the MST to make this available by default? ...

Bug: MM05 online banking
MM05 uses a single login for each bank - unfortunately my brokerage (Bank of America Investment Services) uses a unique login for each account. So, I'm unable to use online banking in MS Money to sync with my brokerage and IRA accounts. If there was some way for me to duplicate the "Bank of America Investment Services" so I have two instances of the bank, I could make it work - any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Crimbo wrote: >MM05 uses a single login for each bank - unfortunately my brokerage (Bank of >America Investment Services) uses a unique login f...

Formulas in Excel using [R-1] not A10 references
I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or columns. An example: =SUM (R[-4]C:R[-1]C). I would like to see these formulas in the regular format referencing Row and Column number i.e. =Sum A1:V52 Tools >Options, the General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style "Drregion" wrote: > I converted a Word document into Excel 2003 and when creating formulas,they > are formatted as the cell the formula is in plus or minus a number of rows or > columns. An example...

trouble using signature picker
The signature picker is ghosted out does anyone know how to correct this ? Signature picker was working earlier. Thanks ...