Ballmer says Microsoft can survive crisis #2

While the technology industry is not immune to the troubles facing the
U.S economy, it is positioned to weather a

downturn, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in a talk last week in
Santa Clara.

"As I travel and talk to people in the industry, I would say given the
current circumstances, people still see a certain

buoyancy in the market," he said.

Ballmer said the industry is global, shielding it in part from the
crisis in the United States. In addition, he said, the

consumer side of the market has been less hard hit than the business
side.

Ballmer spoke at the Churchill Club's annual dinner, moderated by
venture capitalist Ann Winblad.

http://www.microsoftblog.info/
0
knlatha23 (7)

Working with Excel #2
Dear friends! I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? Many thanks! Hi Igor2005, > I have the following problem - I am needing to represent in Excel a number > with 20 (or more) digits. How can I do this? > That is only possible with either: - an addin (search google, there should be something for this, I recall seeing it but misplaced the link). - or by formatting the cell as text (but you won't be able to do math with the number easily then) Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ad...

Getting the mouse position #2
Hi, I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the location they clicked. How do I capture the mouse position? Norming RButtonUp() has a CPoint argument, but OnRclick() does not. What to do? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159532198.011892.81980@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > > I'm using a derived class, CMyListCtrl, derived from CListCtrl. > > When the user right-clicks an item, I want to open a messagebox at the > location they clicked...

Windows Vista Service pack 2
I get automatic updates from Microsoft. Everytime my computer tries to install Windosw Vista Service pack 2, it always fails. All other updates are marked as successful however this Windows Vista Service pack 2 has failed about twenty times. What can I do? I assume this is an important update but my computer just will not allow for this update. -- kdi Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista SP2 issues until 26 February 2010. Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues may requi...

combinations #2
Hi all, I would like to generate all possible combinations (not permutations, so one combination of 6 out of the set abcdefg will also be aaaaab etc) of p out of n characters, n say from 3 to 8 and p from 3 to n. The character set could contain (in principle) any character that can be obtained by alt plus 0 plus 3 numbers of the numerical keyboard (alt 0233 = � etc.). The elements of each combination not to be separated by anything, so not (in this example 6 out of 6) a,b,b,c,a,f but abbcaf. Also not to be enclosed in parenthesis, single or double quotation marks etc. Just plain abbcaf et...

How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.
In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with the mouse. This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003. (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help, Carolina I think that this went away in xl2002. You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back. Carol...

Stacked Bar Graph #2
I have data from last year that I want to compare with data from this year. The data is broken into components, so I'd like to use a stacked bar graph to compare the data by month. Is there a way to put two columns of data next to each other in a stacked bar graph? X-Axis would have months (Jan - Dec) Each month would have two columns - one for 2007, one for 2008 Thanks. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/19/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/10/13/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Cus...

why i can not run excel2000 in windows XP?
i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing displayed. please tell me why i met that mistake and how to resolve it. thank you for your help The following MSKB article may help: OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503 bugbug wrote: > i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i > can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing > displayed. > please tell me why i met that mistake ...

HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C
One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window. She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch. The power went out, and she started up the computer when the power come back. She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that Customer. She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for that Customer but in the Unposted Sales. I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has been posted. So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series Post window. She still can not view t...

Many to 1 Relationships in CRM 4.0 #2
Hi I just wondering if there is a suggested way to create multiple many to 1 relationships in CRM 4.0. We have created a custom entity and we need to associate more than 1 type of contact with the custom entity. We have a nominated and a registered contact. We have created two many to 1 relationships with contacts and the custom entity. The problem is that the name of the custom entity now appears twice in the navigation pane for contacts. We can select the 'Do not display option' however the custom entity will not appear in the navigation pane for the 'nominated contacts&...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

Copy a word doc to excel and hyperlink data between the 2.
I have a chart on an excel document and a long word document explaining the data in the chart. I would like to place the word document under the chart in excel. Then I would like to hyperlink the data from the chart to specific places in the word document. Help.....I have been trying to figure it out for days. Thank you. ...

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

Database Model Diagram #2
I have Visio 2003. When I try to load a new Database Model Diagram Visio locks up every time. Every other type of template loads just fine. I have Windows XP Professional x64. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any information. ------=_NextPart_0001_4353DD39 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This can occur with Visio 2003 on 64-bit Windows systems, and is related to the way that Windows provides the Printer supported paper sizes which Visio needs. Here is a work around that will help you avoid the problem: 1) new blank drawing 2) File | Print 3...

Merging 2 Spreadsheets w/ referencing
I have two tab delimited spreadsheet files of a product database. My MAIN concern here is that I need to import the prices from one spreadsheet, to a specific column in my original spreadsheet, and I need those prices to correspond with the respective product IDs. Is this possible ??? thanks in advance guys! My main spreadsheet (tab delimited file) I have it setup as follows: A B C D ProductID49483 Brief Description Image.jpg 3.00 ProductID93094 Brief Description Image.jpg 5.00 ProductID30...

How can comunicate annoucement more agile?
is it any form to replicate the winpoup utility with annoucemen of Micrososft cRM v3.0? ...

Db template that can handle making book indices?
Does anyone know if there is a template that can be used to create printed book indices? The indices are those pages usually found at the back of books that allow you to find information in any book quickly and easily. The difficulty is that some books, as an example even cookbooks, don't have a comprehensive enough index so it would be nice to create one's own esp. for books we use quite frequently where we'd like to create a booklet we tuck into the book so that when we go to do research, we can find anything. As an example, I'd like to use a cookbook because it...

Unread messages don't exist
My Outlook 2003 Unread Messages folder states that I have 11 unread messages in my inbox. I select the Inbox folder from the Unread Messages folder and right click and choose Mark Messages as Read. I'm then presented withe the following info: Cannot mark the items read or unread. The most likely reasons are: You don't have permissions to modify the items etc etc If I hi-light one of the messages and choose delete, I get the following: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied. I cannot read the message either. I have run scanpst on...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

can not forward or reply to messages
I was able to send, forward and reply to messages up til today. For some reason I can not forward or reply to messages today. They are greyed out. I am using Microsoft outlook 2007. Any idea how to fix this? And you cannot create new messages either? Probably the same applies to creating new documents in any of the other Office applications too. In that case it means that you haven't activated your copy of Office yet. You can do so in Outlook via Help-> Activate Product... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Autofilter problem #2
I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom filter doesn't help too much. Thanks. Hi see http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dustystorm wrote: > I have this quite annoying problem with autofilter because I work > with large lists very offten. I read somewhere that autofilter is > limited to 1000 rows. Is there a solution for this? Using custom > filter doesn'...

2 instead of 1
Is there a way to get the receipt printer to print out two copies at a time? Also is there a way to make it so the receipt only prints out the total amount due? -- Thank You,; Vince In your printer properties, change the number of copies printed out to 2. What I did was create a serperate "Receipt Printer" for my receipts other then the original driver and point my RMS system to print to my "Receipt Printer". This way if I print out a word document or something I don't automatically get 2 copies of it. "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Where can I find Exchange EventID Descriptions #2
Hello. I need to create software which analyse MSExchange event log on the fact of occurence critical Exchange Server events. But can't find more or less full description of MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000 events. I've tried to find it in MSDN, Exchange SDK - nothing. Where can I find full description of MS Exchange Server events ID's (eventlog). Thanks. have a look at www.eventid.net they have a great event id resource and event monitors Simon "Igor" <igor_bo@pochta.ru> wrote in message news:266001c3e0dd$4e1948e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > I need to cr...

Memories of Lotus 1-2-3
Way back in the deep dark recesses of my memory I seem to recall some way of extracting all unique values of a certain field from a database in Lotus 1-2-3 to a different portion of the spreadsheet. I have a need to do the same thing now, but like most of the world, I am using Excel now. I can't seem to figure out how to get this done in Excel...in Lotus...I think it was with a data - extract command. Thanks for the help !! Put a label cell on top of the column containing the data Click on the label cell and then pulldown: Data > Filter > Advanced Filter... Check Copy to a...

Access is Denied in CRM 3.0 after upgrading from 1.2
After an upgrade of Microsoft CRM 1.2 to 3.0 without any errors, I can not log into the Microsoft CRM web page. I get the following error "you do not have enough privileges to access the microsoft crm object or perform the requested operation" I have searched everywhere for a solution for this but i am now at a loss. During the install i recieved two warnings 1. verify domain user account spn for the microsoft crm asp .net application pool account 2. setup was unable to verify that the "trust for delegation" property is enabled for the computer object. If I create a new...

Can desktop be switched in InitInstance()?
Hi, I'd like my app to run in a non-default desktop. I thought I could create a new desktop and switch to it in InitInstance() and then restore the old desktop in ExitInstance(). The code in InitInstance() is as follows: CMyApp::InitInstance() { m_hDeskThreadSav = ::GetThreadDesktop(GetCurrentThreadId()); m_hDeskInputSav = ::OpenInputDesktop(0, FALSE, DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP); m_hDesktop = ::CreateDesktop(L"MyDesktop", NULL, NULL, 0, GENERIC_ALL, NULL); ::SetThreadDesktop(m_hDesktop); ::SwitchDesktop(m_hDesktop); [...] } When app runs I get a new desktop but the a...