Averaging Values between Two Dates/Times

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet that contains 4 columns. Column A = start date, Column
B = Start Time, Column C = Stop Date, Column D = Stop Time.

I have another spreadsheet which contains meteorological data for a given
time period. The data in this spreadsheet lists the Date in column A1
through A(n) (eg.
Jan 1, 2005 to March 1, 2005). Columns C through AB list the time (0:00 to
23:00) corresponding to the date from column A. So the data looks like a
large matrix with dates listed in the rows of column A and 24 hour times
listed in columns C to AB.

Basically, I am looking for a function in Excel or a program in VBA to read
the start date and time and the stop date and time from the first
spreadsheet and then average the meteorological values that correspond to
that day/time interval on the second spreadsheet. Is this possible or not???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very lost.

Thanks

Chris

You have a response in public.excel

--

HTH

RP

"ChrisM" <Christopher.Meaney@ec.gc.ca> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a spreadsheet that contains 4 columns. Column A = start date,
Column
> B = Start Time, Column C = Stop Date, Column D = Stop Time.
>
> I have another spreadsheet which contains meteorological data for a given
> time period. The data in this spreadsheet lists the Date in column A1
> through A(n) (eg.
> Jan 1, 2005 to March 1, 2005). Columns C through AB list the time (0:00 to
> 23:00) corresponding to the date from column A. So the data looks like a
> large matrix with dates listed in the rows of column A and 24 hour times
> listed in columns C to AB.
>
> Basically, I am looking for a function in Excel or a program in VBA to
read
> the start date and time and the stop date and time from the first
> spreadsheet and then average the meteorological values that correspond to
> that day/time interval on the second spreadsheet. Is this possible or
not???

> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very lost.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/14/2005 4:42:10 PM
As well as multiple posts in New Users, a few in programming.....

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> You have a response in public.excel
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "ChrisM" <Christopher.Meaney@ec.gc.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet that contains 4 columns. Column A = start date,
> Column
> > B = Start Time, Column C = Stop Date, Column D = Stop Time.
> >
> > I have another spreadsheet which contains meteorological data for a given
> > time period. The data in this spreadsheet lists the Date in column A1
> > through A(n) (eg.
> > Jan 1, 2005 to March 1, 2005). Columns C through AB list the time (0:00 to
> > 23:00) corresponding to the date from column A. So the data looks like a
> > large matrix with dates listed in the rows of column A and 24 hour times
> > listed in columns C to AB.
> >
> > Basically, I am looking for a function in Excel or a program in VBA to
> read
> > the start date and time and the stop date and time from the first
> > spreadsheet and then average the meteorological values that correspond to
> > that day/time interval on the second spreadsheet. Is this possible or
> not???
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very lost.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Chris

0
jmb (270)

visual basic

open two different Access reports

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Dates #9

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Qrp Date functions

date tracking

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Short time vs short date

Date Calculation

date modified

Date function quit working

Value is BLANK

Date format 04-11-06

How to Identify Records with Overlapping Dates
I need to be able to systematically identify any instance where there are overlapping date ranges in a data set. I need to pull records like those listed below out of a larger data set. I previously posted a question similar to this and was advised to pull the same table in a query, match on Member Number, and qualify that the product code from TableA did not match product code in TableA_1 where the Begin Date TableA was < Term date TableA_1 and TableA_1 Begin Date < TableA End Date. Which worked great for me finding overlapping records where the product was different, bu...