automatic date

Is there anyway that a specific date shall be entered automatically for
example the computer shall search in the excel table if there is already a
date as the 10 of the current month if not it shall input the date in a date
field a cell each 10 th of the month after it past or on it
0
DK (144)

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

automatically run a macro everyday
Dear all, I am going for vacation in two days. I need to run my VBA code automatically. Everyday, I get one excel workbook by using another macro. This workbook contains some values. I have written a vba code in Excel_Macro.xls which does the work for me. This vba code generates Pivot table in sheets in to Excel_Macro.xls. Script In Excel_Macro.xls Sheets("Pivot_Table").Select With Worksheets("Pivot_Table") Range("A:K").Select With Selection Cells.Clear End With Dim PT_9_Cache ...

COUNTIF with DATE Logic
I have an array with hourly data for an entire year. Normally I use CountIf on this array to ascertain how many occurences occur ove certain data ranges over the entire year. So assuming the data is i B1:B8760. I would Count the number of occurences for the whole yea where data is greater than 1: Entire Year =COUNTIF($B$1:$B$8760,>1) However I now want to use this COUNTIF to assess how may occurence occur over certain data ranges in certain months. The easy way to d this is to build 12 separate COUNTIFs and change the array: January =COUNTIF($B$1:$B$744,>1) February =COUNTIF($B$74...

Automatic backup copy
Is there an automatic backup copy functionality in excel? I know there is an automatic recovery feature, but I can't find an auto backup. I'm looking for a function, like in word, that automatically creates a backup copy of your file. Craig File>Save as...>Tools (At top of save as dialog)>general options...Always create back-up -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "craigq" <craigq@seanet.com> wrote in message news:1105727341.080920.26720@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there an a...

Sure this is simple (date type prob)
Hi all, I have a cell with a date in it representing hours worked. eg 34:58 34 hours and 58 minutes. I need to multiply it by an hourly wage, e 4.52 and get the amount earned. Unfortuantely I do not know how to d this. Can anyone help? -- Cheers -- SO ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com where i5 is 34:58 and j4 is 4.50 = $157.35 =I5*24*$J$4 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "SOL-ion" <SOL-ion.x9rbb@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Can you automatically date stamp emails that you send out? #2
My emails need a date stamp on them as I send them. It does not appear that you can do this..does someone have an idea to do this? Thanks ...

Date range for report
Hi, I tried to set up controls in a form in order to prompt for date criteria in a report. I added textboxes to the report, with references to the forms controls, in the controlsources for those boxes. When I try to run the report it doesn't prompt for the dates, it just puts #Name? where those controls are. If I open the form and enter the dates directly into the form and click ok it brings up the report with the proper filters though. Is there a way to make the report open the form to prompt for the dates, rather than having to open the form itself? ...

Summing numbers between a date range
I need to sum values in a row of data where the date in the column of the row falls within a certain date range. Here is an example of the data. The data to be summed is in sheet one and the dates used for the criteria are in sheet 2. Sheet_1: col a col b col c col d Nov 15/92 Feb 15/93 Sep 15/93 Feb 15/94 15.00 20.00 30.00 10.00 Sheet_2: col a col b Jan 1/93 Dec 31/93 Jan 2/94 Dec 31/94 I basically want to sum the data in Sheet_1 that is between a date range based on Sheet_2. For example, sum values in sheet_...

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Automaticly chekking for e-mail from ISP
How can i configure outlook 97 to auto check my e-mail by dialing my ISP on a pc running windows2000 ...

Document Date vs. Batch Date
Can someone explain to me the difference between document date and batch date. The way I understand it, the document date refers to the date the item will hit the subledger and the batch date (if batch date is the posting option) refers to the date the transaction will hit the general ledger. Is this correct? Does this mean that if I have all my periods open for a year and I enter a cash receipt transaction with a document date of 05/01/04 in a batch with a batch date of 06/01/04 that my subledger will not balance to my general ledger for that month? Elizabeth, You've got it ...

Automatically restart HQ Server
As mentioned in an earlier post by a colleague, we're having problems where HQ server constantly craps out with a Run-time Error: 3002. We reindexed the main DB and the remote store DBs as well to no avail. Is there a way to restart the app everytime it fails? Like it checks every minute to see if it's up and running or not? Is there a downside to making the app run as a service? Thanks The downside to running as a service: 1) The HQ Server program no longer checks the Dongle to renew the license activation - that is done by HQ Manager. If manager is not opened on the s...

microsoft excel does not calculate
In large workbooks (> 10MB) I found that often Excel does not calculate. I have to enter the cursor in the cell (or the formula bar) and press enter, so that the formula is recalculated. However, my calculation is set on automatic (Tools/Options/Calculate etc.). Does somebody know why this happens and has an answer? Try the last option on this page and see if it is likely to be your issue:- http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 --------------------...

DATE #10
Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 Format? "����" <cola@hz.cn> wrote in message news:OOQhTbRaKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > See your other post "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Feb 28,2008 ---> 2008-2-28 > Feb 1,2008 ---> 2008-2-1 > > > . > Hi, Highlight the cell, right click in the mouse, cell format, custom format and enter yyyy-mm-dd "ÎÞÃû" wrote: > Fe...

SUMMARIZING DATA BASED ON DATES GROUPED IN WEEKS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6ED3C.00C7C2B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! 1) The RAW DATA SHEET is where I maintain a cash receipt register in a = list form on a daily basis. Any date may have multiple entries due to = different customer payment. 2) The SUMMARY SHEET shows how I want to summarize the data contained in = RAW DATA SHEET. Basically the summary sheet is summing based on the date = grouped in weeks. =20 RAW DATA SHEET DATE DAY CUSTOMER AMOUNT=20 ...

Date Serial Problem
I have a querry in which I am using the Date Serial in the querry criteria as follows Between DateSerial([Enter Year:],[Enter Month:],1) And DateSerial([Enter Year:],[Enter Month:]+1,0) the result i get is for a a perticular month in a year. What I want is: 1. if i want to get the results between june to november 2009. how can i do it? 2. If i want to get the restult of 2008 only e.g. from 01 Jan 2008 (or any year) upto 31 December 2008. This should give result only for 1 year only. not by months like from june 2008 to june 2009 Please help me fix this querry ...

date in database compare with the current date
Is that possible to create an alert function, that gives an alert message when a date in Access database is going to expired soon So I need this function to compare the date in database with current date when the dates are the same, it gives an warning msg on the web browser and is that possible to achieve that using Microsoft script editor? Hi, Sure, but you need to write code. The basic idea would be to check when the next event should occur, and run Schedule Tasks, or other tool, appropriately. Sure, you have to check that when the db is loaded, when a record is appended, modified, o...

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

Sales order to manufacturing due dates
We have our sales orders set to make manufacturing orders manual upon entering a line that is to be made. In the manufacturing series sales item detail window where you can generate a manufacturing order there are 3 date fields (In-house due date, requested ship date, and customer promise date). I noticed that the default for manufacturing orders made from SOP is to schedule it by the backward infinite method. We are wondering is there a way for it to schedule by forward infinite so that on the detail screen it can take the routing and let the salesman know about how long it will tak...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Automatically updating fields
Hi, Sorry to repost this but I just want to check whether there are any new options for what I want to do: I have several thousand records in MS CRM (leads and accounts), which contain fields like annual turnover, number of employees etc. In 12 months time the information in such fields will be out of date and I need to be able to up date these fields from an external source so that we can continually target our marketing activity based on fields like turnover, number of employees etc. Responses to my original post gave the following options: 1. Scribe Insight 2. Write SDK Calls 3. Update t...

Automatic overflow to next pages after earlier insertions
I am producing a long document in MS Publisher V2000 SP3 and I wish to return to earlier pages to make insertions, some extensive, without having manually to adjust all subsequent pages. How do I cause overflow to function automatically from one page to the next? I have tried employing text frames and also not using text frames, but the overflow does not occur without manual intervention. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, especially since I am trying to meet a deadline! Regards to everyone. Terry Joyes Do your extensive changes in a separate text box, copy, paste into th...

Automatic filename generation template
Hi Is it possible to make a template that will create a workbook with the current date as filename if it doesn't exists, or just opens the file if it does? Astrodude shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > Hi > Is it possible to make a template that will create a workbook with > the current date as filename if it doesn't exists, or just opens the > file if it does? This is how I do it weekly: (and I'm too lazy to edit the code for readability) -----CODE STARTS HERE----- Option Explicit Private Const mstrInitialen As String = "AVG" Private C...

Discounts for specific dates
Can I set up discounts to be applied for a range of dates. ie Candy Bars 2x3.00 from 04-01-05 to 04-30-05 We have a promotional sale every month and I was able to set up the sale for items except for those with these feature (discount) Fabricio, Use the Inventory Wizard and change the sale price. You can set dates for a sale price. Good luck, Matt "Fabricio" <Fabricio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B1388C1-6FAD-430B-9691-0ED5BE6D2F8C@microsoft.com... > Can I set up discounts to be applied for a range of dates. > ie Candy Bars 2x3.00 from 04-01-0...