Autofiltering not working in certain columns

I have a spreadsheet with 15 columns and 130 rows. The autofilter drop list
arrows work fine in some columns and in other columns they refuse to
function. In the latter columns when youclick on a drop list arrow it just
blinks, no list falls down.

I have been unable to find any common reason why the autofilter list won' t
appear in these columns.  I am using Excel 2001 for Macintosh.

Thank you for any help someone can provide.
0
BobW (21)

Why this formulo not working
Hello all, I made a simle formula =A1+C1+E1+G1 and no answer in I1, But the answer you can find in the fx button next to the formula bar. May be has to do with merging B1 D1 F1 H1 with the next line? -- Naftoli <But the answer you can find in the fx button next to the formula bar> I don't understand. What do you do and what happens? And what do you see in I1? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Naftoli" <Naftoli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E75D219-B426-45BE-B1E4-15CA9F600C86@microsoft.com... > Hel...

windows mail not working
I can neither receive nor send messages with Windows Mail.It was working for 2 years and then it stopped about the time a new microsoft email update came in March 2010. It quit mysteriously. Att&T doesn't know what to do, Best Buy can't explain, so I have relunctantly had to open a gmail account. The error code is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'j', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Your question may be better answered in a...

PO Commitment feature should work with AA Budgets also
The PO Commitment feature is wonderful but it doesn’t work with AA Budgets. We really need this for Grant Management clients and other AA customers who use AA budgets. See support response below: Microsoft Dynamics Support Incident Number 8833035 : PO Commitments and AA -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3/13/2007 8:09:00 PM PDT -- Robert We would like to use PO Commitments but it appears that you can only setup budget by GL account. We use AA dimension codes to track spending on projects. Can PO Commitments work with AA? Can it use AA budget...

Can I make certain text NOT print in publisher?
I'm looking to leave directions for the user - when using the template I am creating in Publisher - but some of the users are not as savvy as others and I'm afraid they will forget to remove the directions when printing the final copy. Is there a way I can insert a text box that does not print? Try putting it in the scratch area? maybe that will work for ya. "rivertown" <rivertown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACE3F0F5-8A34-454D-9047-9815200B1DB0@microsoft.com... | I'm looking to leave directions for the user - when using the template I am...

next column
How do I select the 1st row in the next column after 16 that does not have any text in row 1? oldjay Like this maybe... Cells(1, 16).Resize(1, Columns.Count - 15).Find("", LookAt:=xlWhole).Select If there is any chance all the cells to the end of Row 1 are filled in, then you will need to include some error trapping since the Find method will error out there is nothing for it to find. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "oldjay" <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DBF9AA0-FCDE-4A84-9BBB-1AB286DBFC5D@microsoft.com... > How do ...

Online Quotes updating not working
Hi- Almost every time I try to update my portfolio investment quotes online it doesn't update them. It says it updated them fine when I look at the report but the prices and everything stay the same as before. I have to do it like 3 or 4 times before it works and it takes forever to update so this is really a pain. I tried checking and unchecking the box that says don't download investments that are not in my portfolio anymore but this doesn't seem to help. Any help would be REALLY appreciated as this is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer! -Dan ...

Accessing user mailboxes
Can someone please explain how I can access user's mailboxes? I went into Active Directory Users and Computers and assigned myself full access to the user's mailbox permissions (under Exchange Advanced, Mailbox Rights) but it's still not letting me. Is there something I need to configure within System Manager? On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 06:25:41 -0700, Eric32 <Eric32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone please explain how I can access user's mailboxes? I went into >Active Directory Users and Computers and assigned myself full access to the >user'...

Assigning ownership of notes via Data Migration Manager not working
I'm using CRM 4.0 and the Data Migration Manager on a Virtual PC image acquired from Microsoft. Although I can import notes okay, all my notes are being assigned to the administrator and not to my intended owner. Is there an issue with asigning notes to users via the Data Migration Manager? The CSV data I am using is: USER.CSV "English_Name","DomainLoginName" "Paul West","LITWAREINC\PaulW" NOTE.CSV "subject","note_text","regarding","assigned_to" "This is Note Attempt 1","this is using Paul We...

ProcessSchemaLocation Validation schemaLocation "Not Working"
After two days I am at wits end, but I am too OCD'ed to give up. Please tell me what I have got wrong because no Validation Error is being thrown. The element: "<datestamp>I should fail</datestamp>" does not conform to schema. Adding the schema to the XmlReaderSettings->Schemas field at runtime does result in error being thrown. As I read it, this step should not be neccessary as the ProcessSchemaLocation flag should automatically pick up the referenced schemas in the XML file. Note: the XML file is actually a node that will be inserted to an existing XML file...

CTRL+PAGE UP/DOWN isn't working. Any advice?
Any advice? CTRL+PAGE UP and CTRL+PAGE DOWN don�t move me from on worksheet to another on my computer. I�ve searched the ExcelTip.co forums for solutions already given for this problem and haven�t found solution that works on my machine yet. I�ve tried using: -Tools, Options, Transition(tab), turn off Transition shortcut keys: M transition shortcut keys are turned off. -Scroll Lock is off. I�m using: -Excel 2002 for Office XP -WindowsXP Professional platform -Dell Inspiron 8100 (which is about 2.5 years old) I welcome all suggestions. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Excel 2007
First, I must say that Excel 2007 charting is much worse to use than 97, 2000 or 2003! It is not intuitive as it was with previous versions! I created a very simple line chart. The problem I am experiencing is that is start my initial value at 0%, which is fine and then promptly goes upto 100% and stays there for all the other points. What I love even more is that when I place my cursor over each point it actually give the proper values (73%, 61%,...) but always displays the line at 100%??? Anyone ever seen this problem before? Thank you for your assistance, QB Doubl...

Toggle button to show/hide column in subfrom
I am having trouble with the correct syntax to refer to a control on a subform. I created a toggle button on my main form (frmChrgBackLog) to show or hide a column in my subform (subfrmChrgBackLog). The subform object name in the main form is the same as the subform name. I tried multiple versions of code to do this but neither of them have worked. The code will be in the main form. Is this possible and if so what is wrong with my syntax? Thanks, 'Version 1 Me.subfrmChrgBackLog.Form!jobnumlong.Visible = _ Not Me.subfrmChrgBackLog.Form!jobnumlong.Visible '...

Problem with Stacking Column Chart
I want to do a stacking column chart which compares two values on the same column. Let's say Jan 03 in red and Jan 02 in blue. 03 value is 500, and 02 value is 800. I want it to show red column up to 500, and then blue column up to 800 (so it is just showing blue for 300 worth). The only thing I can get a stacked column to do is add them together. In other words, it puts the red up to 500, and then blue up to 1300. That's not what I want. I have messed around with 3D columns as well, and can get it to show it okay, but then if I have another column where the numbers may be re...

Create a 3D chart from a stacked bar and a column
I would like to create a 3 dimensional chart, based on a stacked bar chart. Specifically, I would like to give the individual elements of each stack different heights, in a 3rd dimension. Forinstance: Category A Element 1, Width 75, Height 10; Category A Element 2, Width 25, Height 15; Category B Element 1, Width 35, Height 5; Category B Element 2, Width 65, Height 25; For each category, elements 1 and 2 would be stacked to create a 100% bar (using the width); adding height is the challenge. Any ideas would be most appreciated. I don't understand what role width plays in the c...

Look up value range in column and then count
I have a column of numbers ranging from 0 to -100 I need to count the number of cells with in the ranges 0 to -6 -7 to -14 -15 to -28 -85 to -100 Can you tell me the best way to get these figures, I would imagine I have to put this formula into 4 different cells. Thanks AJ Using Excel 2007 Supposing your values are in column A rows 1 to 17 try this: Four seperate cells: =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=0",$A$1:$A$17,">=-6") =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=-7",$A$1:$A$17,">=-14") =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=-15",$A$1:$A$17,">...

Copying a formulae down a column that includes an INDIRECT
For example, in C1 I have a long formulae that includes multiple INDIRECT references to B1 which is where I input a data figure - column B has data that is dragged and dropped between cells up and down that column (hence the reason for including the indirect) column C provides the answer. After setting up a formulae in C1 how can I copy this down column C and make the indirect move with it - currently the indirect always stays refering to cell B1 ???? =indirect("B"&row()) if that's the formula in C1. A.Webb wrote: > > For example, in C1 I have a long formulae ...

Changing default column view...
Hello! I would like to change the default for the columns displayed when clicking on a (new) folder. Out of the box it displays things like online status, conversation, status, etc.. And I don't want that. I find a button under View-Columns that says reset to default. How do I set what the default is? -b On 11/24/09 11:43 AM, in article C731775D.6FB%brian@visionpro.com, "Brian D. McGrew" <brian@visionpro.com> wrote: > Hello! > > I would like to change the default for the columns displayed when clicking > on a (new) folder. Out of the box...

Separating text into new columns
Hi, I am having a problem splitting my delimited text file into ne columns. What I have to do is take several survey results (all in long string of text) and give each survey its own column so I ca analyize it. So what I need to do is, at the end of the first survey have some sort of a column break or something to that effect so th next set of data places itself in a new column. Here is a smal sample of what the data looks like: 9.)|Infrastructure|ACCEPTED|Type your comments here.| 10.)|Infrastructure|ACCEPTED|Type your comments here.| Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:16:32 -0500 (EST) In th...

How can I transpose rows to columns in a large worksheet?
I have a worksheet with 1268 rows and 31 columns. Ideally I need all the rows to be converted to one column, although I believe this is impossible without some additional manual steps. Every time I attempt to copy/transpose my rows to columns, I receive the message that the paste area does not match the size of the copy area. I have tried transposing a few rows at a time. I have tried transposing ONE row at a time. Each time I try, I either receive an error message, or get the #VALUE! error message in the cell. I've tried TRANSPOSE and MINVERSE. I would prefer NOT to do this m...

Can't hide far right columns:"Shift objects off sheet"??
I've got some constants and such in the far right-most columns, where my average user wouldn't have any need of going. Just to add an extra measure of safety, though, I wanted to either hide the columns or set the column width to something like 0.1. Excel won't let me do either - the error message is "Can't shift objects off the sheet." But there are no "objects" - just values in cells. What am I looking at? Is there another way to accomplish this? Ed Which version? Should be no problem in XL2003. BTW: Far right is not a good solution since it inflat...

Work menu
Having used and seen the advantages of the Work Menu in MS Word, I'm surprised that this is not available in Excel 2000 or 2003 (unless someone knows better) I've managed to create something similar using macros in an Add-in but, as yet, have not been able to find a way of selecting one of the new menu options and deleting it when it's no longer required. Has anyone out there ever tried anything like this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Checking/unchecking all checkboxes in the one column of the gridview
Hi, I have gridview that contains many columns with checkboxes. I added one more row below header that contains link buttons and I would like to be able to check and uncheck all checkboxes in one column by clicking on link button. I saw some javascript solutions that do that but in case there is one column with checkboxes. I am strugling with making that work for just one column. Does anyone has solution or link on how to make it work. Thank you Arek *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** <schapopa> wrote in message news:OS7b2fk9KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP...

suppress printing a repeating value in a column
In an Excel worksheet, how do you suppress printing a repeating value. For example, one hundred rows have the same date and I want the date value to print on a break only. Excel really isn't made to easily work with page breaks. Page breaks depend on the printer (which depends on what the user chooses). It can get pretty messy pretty fast. If you're willing to just show the first value and hide the duplicates (no matter where they occur, you could use conditional formatting--like Debra Dalgleish shows at: http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Duplicate I've seen users ...

Outlook 2007 Search Not Work
The "Search Inbox" feature of Outlook 2007 is not working. When I attempt to search for something, all I receive is the message: "Search results may be incomplete because items are still being indexed. Click here for more details." "No matches found for ???" Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? -- Bob Mixon Microsoft SharePoint (MOSS) MVP http://www.BobMixon.com XP or Vista? Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105 Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://...

Backcolor Property Not Working
Hi, I created a form based on the Blueprint template. I want the entire background of the form to be specific color. I goto into the Heading Property and set the backcolor - nothing happens... Same with detail and footer... Any ideas ? Rob Rob_Evelyn@msn.com On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 18:08:01 -0800, Rob wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form based on the Blueprint template. I want the entire > background of the form to be specific color. > > I goto into the Heading Property and set the backcolor - nothing happens... > Same with detail and footer... > > Any ideas ...