Auto transfer of row

I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with
order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe
sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i
entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help

--
alanle
alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094

this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function.
if you want a perfect solution then you should attach a sample file fo
imlementation of this function.

alanled Wrote:
> I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with
> order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe
> sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i
> entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help

--
stargu
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3243
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297

this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function.
if you want a perfect solution then you should attach a sample file fo
implementation of this function.

alanled Wrote:
> I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with
> order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe
> sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i
> entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help

--
stargu
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3243
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297

Can I use "find / replace" to automatically "Insert Rows" in a do.
Have a long column of numbers Every time I see the number 5, I need to insert two rows. Doing this by hand is tedious. Can you help me find a shortcut? The IF function does not do this, right? Not 25, 35, 5351, just plain old 5? Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim iRow As Long With Worksheets("sheet1") FirstRow = 1 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1 If .Cells(iRow, "C").Value = 5 Then ...

Blank cells, hide row
Hide i have a piece of code thanks to some newsgroup people that i have changed a little to suit my purpose. Basically i want it to look at ColumnB between rows 32 and 79 inclusive and if it fines blank cells in columnB hide the entire row. This is what i have and it gives me a compile error Loop without Do. I don't know if the rest will run because i can't get past the error. Your help is appreciated Murray Sub ActivateNextBlankDown() ApplicationScreenUpdating = False ActiveCell.Offset(32, 2).Select Do While IsEmpty(ActiveCell) If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then Se...

Apply alternate grey/red shading to selected rows in a table
Dear Experts: With any number of rows SELECTED in a table I would like to apply alternate (grey/red) shading. Grey: RGB (242, 242, 242) Red: RGB (239, 211, 210) How can this be achieved using VBA? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas You are not trying now ;) This is almost the same as the question you asked earlier in the week Dim i As Long Dim oRow As Row i = 1 For Each oRow In Selection.Range.Rows If i Mod 2 = 0 Then oRow.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = RGB(242, 242, 242) Else oRow.Shading.Back...

formula range doesn't update for new rows
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Some sheets contain imported data and some contain sumproduct formulas referencing the data. When the data is refreshed, the formulas all return #N/A values. The range in the formula is not being updated to reflect the new rows that have been added when the data sheets are refreshed. This does not happen consistently, but it is frustrating. It is easy enough to find and replace the incorrect numbers, but it repeats the same pattern again when the data is refreshed. =(SUMPRODUCT((Expense!$B$2:$B$5874=$C$2)*(Expense!$C$2:$C$5874=$C$3)...

Getting a useful Auto Scale
I have a chart showing number of calls per employee as a column graph and duration of calls as a line graph together. The scale is automatic. The scale for the number of calls works great. The scale for the duration works, but it doesn't use nice numbers. For example, if my employee with the longest duration is currently at 01:55:43 (hh:mm:ss), the top of the scale shows 02:09:36. I want to keep it on automatic, but I want it to use nicer numbers, like 02:00:00 or 02:15:00 instead of 02:09:36. Is there any easy way to do this? If not, is there any way to do this? Thanks, sb1920alk...

Hide row and column labels
How can I hide the row and column headings in a spreadsheet. (the a, b, c, etc. across and the 1, 2, 3, etc. down) Thanks! Hi Pam! Use: Tools > Options > View Remove check from "Row and Column Headers" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au How about programmatically? On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:20:20 +1000, "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi Pam! > >Use: > >Tools > Options > View >Remove check from "Row and Column Headers" >OK Record a macro while you...

group & summarize diff rows of data that have something in common
I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different ways. 1) Group all identical parts into one row and 2) Group all identical locations into one row. I dont know how to do this. I am dealing with over 3,000 rows. Any suggestions? Depending on your workbook layout, you may be able to use a pivot table to summarize the data. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm pkunAAC wrote: > I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different &g...

Integration Manager destination for Bank Transfers
Currently there is not a way to bring in a mass entry for bank transfers. My company has atleast 50 every month. WE manually key these in. It would make sense to have a destination with in integration manager so this could be done with a click on a button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &q...

Link columns to rows
There must be an easy way to do this....I just don't know what it is. I have data in columns on one sheet that I want to paste as a link to another sheet, but this data has to be laid out in rows on the second sheet. I thought selecting the entire paste area would work, but it doesn't. I could paste the link for each cell individually, but this would take forever. Hi, You want to transpose, select the column range of data copy it go t the destination sheet and then select from the EDIT/SPECIAL PASTE TRANSPOSE. If not try the formula =TRANSPOSE(array). Hope this helps -- Fabl...

how do I import a csv files to execl and be extrad on clume auto

Is there a convienent way I can exchange a table's rows and columns?
I'm new to excel. Now I have several tables I wan't to change their rows to columns and vice versa, how can I do these? Copy the data you want to transpose. Than click a cell where you would like to past it yoo and right click, select paste special then transpose. Hope it helps >-----Original Message----- >I'm new to excel. Now I have several tables I wan't to change their rows to >columns and vice versa, how can I do these? > > >. > Thank you very much! "Jay" <defibril8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:060401c3cdaf$374fbf90$a0012...

Auto Formatting the date field from mmddyyyy to mm/dd/yyyy
Hello, I have the current script in place to format date fields from mmddyyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. I am trying to reduce every possible keystroke and this will eliminate 2. My issue is that CRM fires it's validity check on the date field before the onchange event. Thus, it finds an error in the date because it hasn't had a chance to format. Any suggestions on circumventing the CRM validity check or any other work arounds? Thanks, Brandon // Get the field that fired the event. var oField = event.srcElement; // Validate the field information. if (typeof(oField) != "undefined&...

Contract Transfer
Hello - A client wants to transfer contract line items from a contract quote (created by salesman (in Sales Transaction Entrt / Contract Sales) to an existing contract. Currently this transfers to a new contract, but the client wants to maintain a single Hardware contract and update line items when clients purchase more items. This is being updated manually at present and client wants to automate information flow from sales to contract administration. Could someone suggest how I could achieve this? Thanks in advance. Rob -- Rob Purnell Technical Consultant ...

Transfer from Checking to Loan
I am looking for assistance with an existing loan in Money. I recently changed the way I pay the loan and noticed the loan account shows no payments since I started this new payment. I used to pay the loan directly from my checking account. Now, I consolidated several loan and credit card payments into one monthly payment. The service I use sends the money to the loan company for me. When creating the monthly payment to the service, and breaking it up into categories, there doesn't appear to be a way to designate a payment to the loan. Any suggestions? A Loan Payment is a spl...

Mnthly auto ,shift schedule for multi employee
I am incharge of multi employee and need to schedule monthly shift duty as: Weekday (Monday to friday)-1730-2300 weekend ( saturday-sunday and public holiday) two shift 0830-1530 1st shift 1530-2300 2nd shift.This schedule I need to plan every month and must be equal to every employee. Please advise so that it feed auto to spreadsheet and equal to every employee. ...

Excel VBA
I have been able to get a button that inserts rows but also need th formula in the new row to copy from the row moved. Below is my code for inserting rows. What would I add to have th formulas across the row to copy to the new row?? Sub Macro4() Range("TotalRev").Select ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert Range("COGS").Select ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert End Sub Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com David McRitchie has some code you can steal at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm &...

How do I setup auto reply in MS Outlook Professional?
That is my entire quesiton. Thanks in advance. "sheana" in <news:6D77A8E0-BD83-43A5-8B98-B5965BF7C774@microsoft.com> wrote: > That is my entire quesiton. Thanks in advance. No, it is not your entire question. You left out the details, like why you want to leave your computer always powered on, Windows always loaded, Outlook always loaded, and rely on a not as reliable client-side rule rather than use an auto-responder up on your mail host or at your e-mail service. They body of a post is to provide details but you chose not to provide any, like WHICH version of Outlook ...

From Rows to column
Hello, need some help here. I need to change data from: Cell Cell1 Cell2 Cell3 Cell4 Cell5 Cell6 Cell7 A A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 B B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 B7 C C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 D D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 E E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E6 E7 And turn them into CELL A A1 A A2 A A3 A A4 A A5 A A6 A A7 B B1 B B2 B B3 B B4 B B5 B B6 B B7 etc... Thanks You could copy your cells, then paste special and select transpose, then select each column and drag underneath the first column. How many rows are in your spreadsheet? If there are many, you may need a macro. Aidey. for the 35 data points you have here I assume...

Deleting Rows 04-20-10
Hi Folks, I want to delete two rows - one row has the words "Employee Name" in the first column, and the row before it. This for-next loop removes the row with "Employee Name": For Lrow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1 If .Cells(Lrow, "A").Value = "Employee Name" Then _ .Rows(Lrow).Delete Next Lrow Any suggestions how to delete the row with "Employee Name" and the one before it? Thanks! Scott Here is one way, without a lot of re-write. For Lrow = LastRow To FirstRow S...

Delete cells in Excel 2007 give a pop up: delete entire sheet row?
I just want to delete the cells and shift to the left but it doesn't give me that option. Why? On Jan 15, 1:51=A0pm, frogman7 <frogm...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I just want to delete the cells and shift to the left but it doesn't > give me that option. =A0Why? I found out some interesting info. The cells in question did not have any filters on them but the sheet did have a few cells that had filtering on them that is why I got the delete entire sheet row? pop up. I took the filter off of the few cells on the sheet and tried again and it worked. ...

how do you hide letter/numbers column/row?
Hi all Basically as it says in the subject. How do you hide the numbers and letters in grey - your column/row identifiers. Cheers Paul tools>options>view> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "paul thomas" <paul.thomas5@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:RKhBc.190$8V4.187@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net... > Hi all > > Basically as it says in the subject. > > How do you hide the numbers and letters in grey - your column/row > identifiers. > > Cheers > > Paul > > Paul Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "row...

Auto Fill Options #6
Until today, the default of my auto fill options was copy cells; in addition, I never saw the auto fill box, ever. I've disabled the show paste and show insert options so the box doesn't appear but it defaults to fill series and adds a day to each date I drag and drop. Holding down the control key overrides the fill series default but I'd like to go back to copy cells as the default. Can it be done? I think it depends on what you have selected. If I put 1 in A1, select just A1 and drag that fill handle down, excel copies it. If I put 1 in A1 and 2 in A2, select A1:A2 a...

Turn off auto-reply?
My son recently activated a "vacation message" feature on Outlook Express that automatically replied to all emails with a message notifying the sender that we were on vacation. However, now he doesn't remember how he turned it on. There is no "out of office assistant" option under tools, and there aren't any message rules set up or activated. Please help, everyone who emails me is still receiving this message, which is very embarrassing for work. Hi Mike, I don't know if this is what your son did. But in Outlook Express as far as my limited knowledge...

auto reply mail system
I have MSoffice 2003 with a normal e-mail account. I want to set auto reply mail system when I am absent, but the system says that I have to be connected to teh exchange system. How do I do that keeping my actual mail accounts? Anyone who could help? Check with your ISP. They may offer this option for you. Be advised that if you were to setup an auto-reply routine on your home computer, it would have to be running 24/7 while you were gone and there's a good likelihood that it would be validating your address to any spammers that got through to your system in your absence. ...

Subtotal and Auto Filter
I have a worksheet that lists total sales for the month for 8 locations. I have subtotaled the sheet so I can autofilter by location, vendor, class of product, sales rep, etc. I send each location only their section monthly, they can filter by any column except of course location. I haven't been able to figure out how to separate out each location into a separate file, maintaining all the other filters. Time runs short, so I end of saving the file 8 times, then delete the rows that don't belong to that location. It's cumbersome, and I know it's not the best way. What should ...