arrange columns alphabetically in Excel

Hie need help a bit stuck on this pleaaaaaaaaaaase!
Im a bit of a dodo, so plese help this dodo out.

Select the columns you want to "SORT".
Data -> Sort
Options -> Sort left to right.  Click OK
Select the row that you want to sort on.

"tellytubbie" wrote:

> Hie need help a bit stuck on this pleaaaaaaaaaaase!
> Im a bit of a dodo, so plese help this dodo out.
0
BarbR (262)

created new list, disabled default columns, can't modify
Hi, I created a new list using the tasks template. I've created my own columns and disabled the default ones. Just found out that doing this, I cannot modify anything. Normally, when going into a list, you can click on the default column (title I think) to modify or to get into the information that's there for modifications but because I am only using customized columns, I can't modify anything even though I have full control so it's not a permission issue. Normally what I do is to rename the default "title" list to something else I use and people are...

Import external data-text files but placed in the next column rather than next empty row
I want to import text files in to one worksheet. The text files are sent daily and all the same format. However the text file names change buy an incremental number. Is it possible to create a macro that imports these text files, ignoring their exact filename but from the same source directory into one worksheet. Can you use wild cards for the name e.g. "********.txt"? At the moment I can manually do this, by selecting the cell below the last record then using the process "Get external Data" and following the wizard which works fine. As soon as I try to create a m...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

Exporting to excel
Hi, I have a little problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 and exporting to excel any data. While i'm trying to do that from machine with WinXP everything works great(IE doesnt close) but when i try to proceed that from Windows Server 2003 it fails. When i try to just open exported data, IE closes and excel appears but with no data because it cant find the file. When i try to save data to excel, IE closes as well but data is exported. Furthermore when i have additional IE window opened i can export data(IE still closes). Thanks in advance Regards ...

Problems saving Excel & MS Office 2000 files.
We are seeing issues when saving files to user directory on a windows 2000 server. The users are all using Windows 2000 pro systems & Office 2000 Pro. The original files will disappear & a new file with a random 8 character name will appear in their directory. The file will have no security permissions associated with it. It is not happening all of the time, just random. The servers are all Dell 1500sc or 1600sc w/1.2 gig of ram and 60 gig of hd space on the shared directory. The servers are also acting as a print server as well as running Norton Anti-Virus Corp Edition...

Using Excel with Access
Is it possible to have excel update automaticlly if I'm entering data into an offline Access Report. I'd like to be able to enter data into access and have it update my excel report at the same time. Is this Possible? If so How? Thanks -- petevang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25034 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400501 ...

Excel 97 Validation
I have cell formatted for percent and would like to validate the same cell to enter a whole number between 1 and 100. I want an input to be in whole numbers with the operand and displayed as 85%. The problem is entering a value of 85 yields 8500% due to the format of the operand. I am also using this cell in a formula in another cell. I then changed the validation to decimal between .01 and 1. This works fine except now the input has to be .85 for 85% (Although I discovered it works fine if you do not go out the range at first. You can repeatedly enter whole numbers until a number is ent...

In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees
I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11). Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet? you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns being the rows and vice versa? highlight the original table and as you have the last cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left the Row x Column numbers. Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original size). When you have selected this new range, type =TRANSPOSE(hig...

Excel Solver
I have a very simple model I've created with with Excel Solver. Easy data with which I can easily come up with solutions seems to baffle Solver. Is there anybody out there that would receive this spreadsheet to and give me some input? "Mark Reuber" <aaronprinting@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there anybody out there that would receive this > spreadsheet to and give me some input? I struggle with Solver myself sometimes. It is not always able to find solutions, especially with the default options. But I would be willing to take a look-see. Send your workb...

Can EXCEL list amounts that, when added, total to a specific value? How?
My task is to generate a list of all "6 value combinations" that total a collection of specific sums. Simple Example: All "2 value combinations" that, when added, =13 List: D701:D709, filled with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Solutions: 4&9, 5&8, 6&7 ( 9&4, 8&5, 7&6 would be considered duplicates for my task but I can deal with this manually if they can't be "programmed out" ). This would take care of one specific sum. Summary: If I have 10 specific sums for which to perform this, and must ...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

How to Change Media Player in Excel
While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperlinks it was opening in the player which I dont know...So, I wanna change my video player to WMP or VLC. is it possible? how cld? This has to do with the file associations on your computer, not Excel. Do a search for "change file associations" in your favorite search engine and follow the instructions for your OS. --JP On Feb 2, 11:59=A0pm, Change Media Player in Excel Hyperlink <Change Media Player in Excel Hyperl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While I am playing the Videos in Excel through Hyperl...

Manipulating totals and columns in Pivot Tables
Hi, I'm constructing a pivot table that has investors as columns, investments as rows, and the general data is values. Trouble is there is a column which I want to only display half of each value. I know that I can make a formula that divides a column "column A/2", and then hide the unwanted columns. But I would also like the hidden columns to not be included in the grand totals. How do I make this happen? Thanks! Hi, So let me understand what you want, something like this in the Pivot Table: A B C Name Jp ...

Concatenate 2 columns date & time
Hi, I am working with Excel 2003 and have a ws that I need to combine column B which is a date, with column C which contains the time. No matter how I have formatted column D, I cannot get the date to display correctly. What I have is: B C 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I need column D to show as: 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I have tried several different formulas/formatting in Column D but always end u...

how to use vba in excel
I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel Have you tried using the macro recorder. If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barkeroo" <Barkeroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D59A36AF-B67C-4E24-8F1D-91917956CA79@microsoft.com... >I would like to work with an example sample to enter vba int excel ...

Excel 97 generating email automatically starts Lotus 6. DefaultOK
Hi, An Excel 97 macro generates an email succesfully, with Outlook 2000. Since installing Lotus Notes V6.02 - a minimum requirement - LN kicks off, producing error messages and ultimately fails to send a message. This occurs whether this is an upgrade of Notes or a new install and both with and without a live Notes Account. System default email is Outlook, in IE and in the registry X Still no idea how to compat these two programs and I would greatly appreciate any productive advice, but an alternative... Upgrade to Excel 2000 and use Notes V6.5 - worked fine with me - possibly even 6.02,...

Excel #45
How do I change the column heading from number(1234...) back to leters(ABCD...) Hi Kelly goto Tools - Options - General. and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kelly wrote: > How do I change the column heading from number(1234...) back to > leters(ABCD...) Hi Kelly, Go to Tools-->Options and on the General tab uncheck the R1C1 Reference Style check box. HTH, Katherine "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C56C1F0-4FA8-4ECE-A8D4-589AF5D4A9FF@microsoft.com... > How do I change the column head...

converting text to columns
I have a column of dates that have been imported from a CSV file. The format is month year (209, 1112, 1211, etc.). I need to separate the month and year into separate columns using "converting text to columns." However, because some of the numbers are only 3 digits, I can't separate using fix width and it is not delimited. In excel, the column is right justified, but when using the separating tool, it looks left justified. Help. After importing (in Col A) use this in B1 to get the month =MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-2) and this in C1 to get the year =Right(A1,2) "Linda (Irwi...

How to creat Organization from Excel file with alone picture file?
Dear All, We plan to create Organization Chart, and we hope all employees pictures are alone picture file, and they are saved in hard disk individually, and the file name is employee ID. The Excel file is like below. 0001 AAA D:\0001.jpg 0002 BBB D:\0002.jpg 0003 CCC D:\0003.jpg how can we create organization chart from this Excel file and show all pictures? Thanks in advance. ...

Excel startup option
if i double-click an excel template e.g. test.xlt then the spreadsheet opens as test1.xls. if i right-click-open the same template then the spreadsheet opens as test.xlt (then same happens if i use file-open). i am trying to open a template from another program using the command line "run test.xlt" but this opens the spreadsheet as test.xlt and i need it to open as test1.xls (ie like double-clicking). does anyone know how to do this - i assumed it would have been a startup switch option but cannot find one to do this - what does double-clicking do that right-click-open does no...

Getting Excel's charting capabilities from Access
Hi, i currently export from Access to Excel in order to leverage Excel's advanced charting features. Is there a way to generate those Excel charts directly from Access? thx vince In Access, you could use the TransferSpreadsheet method to send the data to Excel. Then, in your Excel workbook, you could use Workbook_Open code to create the chart as the file is opened. vince wrote: > Hi, > i currently export from Access to Excel in order to leverage Excel's > advanced charting features. > > Is there a way to generate those Excel charts directly from Access? > &...

translate dll/tlb (for Excel as client) from VB.net to C#
I created a library control in VB.Net some time ago for implementing some .Net functionality for Excel as the client -- and made it com visible. I want to redo this in C#. Additionally, I want to be able to pass data to this control from Excel VBA. And lastly, I need to display some results in a gui thing like a label or - ideally - just the user control form The following is the Interface part of my dll/tlb (I left out the guts of the procedures). What is the C# syntax of this? Only need enough to get me started Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices Imports System.Data....

Opening a Specific Excel Sheet from Access
Well as the name states I'm tyring to open a specific excel sheet from access 2000 for editing another poster helped me get this far Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Const QUOTE = """" Public Sub testExcel() Dim sDocName As String Dim sPathName As String Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelWorkbook As Excel.Workbook 'Fire up excel Set ExcelApp = New Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelWorkbook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open(sDocName) sPathName = "C:\Hartman\BrokerLicenses" sDocName = QUOTE & sPat...

Split one coloumn into 2 in Excel
Hi,I have an excel spreadsheet where I have a lot of values in coloumn A.I want to split this into A and B. ( like a snake )Coloumn A have: 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003 etcI want to have A: 1000, B: 1001, A: 1002, B: 1003 etcIs there an easy way to do this? This newsgroup is intended for questions about Access, the databsae product that's part of Office Professional.I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup that's related to Excel.-- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele(no e-mails, please!)<ingve@reslab.no> wrote in message news:1175164779.253238.214190@...