An XML mapping cannot be exported

How to you resolve this,
An XML mapping cannot be exported if the mapped element’s relationship with
other elements cannot be preserved. This relationship may not be preserved
for the following reasons:

The schema definition of a mapped element is contained within a sequence
with the following attributes:
The maxoccurs attribute is not equal to 1.
The sequence has more than one direct child element defined, or has another
compositor as a direct child.
Non-repeating sibling elements with the same repeating parent element are
mapped to different XML lists.
Multiple repeating elements are mapped to the same XML list, and the
repetition not defined by an ancestor element.
Child elements from different parents are mapped to the same XML list.
Additionally, the XML mapping cannot be exported if it contains one of the
following XML schema constructs:

List of lists  One list of items contains a second list of items.
Denormalized data  An XML list contains an element that has been defined in
the schema to occur once (the maxoccurs attribute is set to 1). When you add
such an element to an XML list, Excel fills the list column with multiple
instances of the element.
Choice  A mapped element is part of a <choice> schema construct.

I am using Excel 2003
0
Sol (12)

Hello,
Sorry, no XML but will HTML help?

WebCreator_Simple.xls 3 December 2005 Excel XP
Create your own web pages for Excel Worksheets. This is not XML! I have only
used basic HTML. Cell data is put into a Table (options for borders
available). Objects such as Clipart, WordArt, Charts, onSheet Form Controls
etc are saved in GIF Format into the activeworkbook Path. Any objects that
have a space in their names will have that space replaced with an underscore.
You can Name the web sheet, add Meta Keywords, Put in a Title. Objects are
optional and you can decide from the list of current objects which to include
into the web sheet or none...

Should work with Excel2003
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

 - -Mark

"Sol" wrote:

> How to you resolve this,
> An XML mapping cannot be exported if the mapped element’s relationship with
> other elements cannot be preserved. This relationship may not be preserved
> for the following reasons:
>
> The schema definition of a mapped element is contained within a sequence
> with the following attributes:
> The maxoccurs attribute is not equal to 1.
> The sequence has more than one direct child element defined, or has another
> compositor as a direct child.
> Non-repeating sibling elements with the same repeating parent element are
> mapped to different XML lists.
> Multiple repeating elements are mapped to the same XML list, and the
> repetition not defined by an ancestor element.
> Child elements from different parents are mapped to the same XML list.
> Additionally, the XML mapping cannot be exported if it contains one of the
> following XML schema constructs:
>
> List of lists  One list of items contains a second list of items.
> Denormalized data  An XML list contains an element that has been defined in
> the schema to occur once (the maxoccurs attribute is set to 1). When you add
> such an element to an XML list, Excel fills the list column with multiple
> instances of the element.
> Choice  A mapped element is part of a <choice> schema construct.
>

> I am using Excel 2003

Serializing Array with array "name" in the XML

xml config file...
hello, I ve a Windowsapplication with a configuration file app.config... (it's in xml) code app.config: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name = "MyNameValueSection" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler" /> </configSections> <MyNameValueSection> <add key="MyKey" value="MyValue" /> </MyNameValueSection> <appSettings> <add key="test" value="MeinInhalt" /> </appSettings> </configurati...

Mapping Datasets in an XmlDataDocument
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C42BA1.8B34AA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a multiple table dataset that I am attempting access thru = XmlDataDocument, and I have read a bit about this (like Rocky Lhotka's = article), but I am attempting something outside of the samples I have = seen. I can take some Xml like this <DataSet> <DriveOption Available=3D"48" DriveOptions=3D"Right Hand Lead = Screw with Standard Pitch" /> <D...

Using map on web design
Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Save the map as a GIF file optimized for the web, open a picture frame on your document, insert your map picture, should do the trick. DavidF "Map on web design" <Map on web design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29908809-F532-4849-8302-F14F7C1C8501@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how to go about inserting map on website? Can I copy any map from the internet? Or a special site to go to to get one to be used? Thanks for the reply :-) "DavidF" wrote: > Save the map as a ...

Render XML data island to HTML?
I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, as the contents of, say, a div? I know I can do it if I display only the XML in IE, but I don't know if I can do it as a fragment of an existing HTML page. TIA > I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link > (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page > to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, a...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

Writing XML from Dataset to Response Object as Binary File
I have looked fot his solution, but Im not sure what to search for. I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download an XML file of the results so they can use the data in Excel, etc. I do NOT want to write the file to the server first. I just want to be able to write the contents of the Dataset into a binary file and send it back out to the user as a download, but all in memory. Can you give me a boost in the right direction or an article that demonstrates this? Dan Hanover wrote: > I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download &g...

XML #4
How does one generate a XML code? If you have data in a dataset, you can have the dataset do it automatically: Dim x as string = DataSet.GetXML "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC61AFF2-84EE-425E-8F05-1B02D2A9F317@microsoft.com... > How does one generate a XML code? ...

Export Rules Assistant
Does anyone know how to find out what public folders have rules assistants applied to them? I have tried pfinfo.exe and exmerge, but I can;t get the information. ...

Exporting Reports
I am trying to export or publish a report into word. The report has about 80 stores within it. Each store starts at a new page. Some stores have many pages to them. I want to export the report out to word, but I want each store to have it's onw location. For example: Laurel will go to a new document and Annapolis will go to it's own word document. Right now I publish the report and all of the stores are in one document and I have to copy and paste them into there own document. Is this possible? Lisa S. It is possible to choose the data that goes into a particular report, and to...

XML deserialization from string
Hi, I have an XSD and created a VB.NET class file from it. When I have an XML file (conforming to the schema), it is straight forward to deserialize using the class file. I am looking for ways to deserialize when I have the XML as a string and not in a file. Writing the string to a file and deserializing from the file might have an adverse effect on the performance. Anyone know of a good method to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Sampath. Use a StringReader to read the file and wrap that in an XmlTextReader. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

DataSet from XML
There are several options on my WinForms app where the user can change/add or delete options - these settings are saved in an XML file. When the main form opens, the XML file (and schema) is read into a dataset and the options are displayed in the various controls. Pretty basic... but I am still rather green... My questions is this - when the user makes a change to one of the settings, how to I modify the dataset and display the new data in the controls? Do I create a new dataset in each method? That would seem inefficient as the user could makes dozens of changes - each time creating a n...

restrict excel export to some users
hello, we would like to allow the excel export only to some of our reporting service users. i know that we can switch off excel export in the ssrs instance, but then nobody can export report data to excel. we would like to allow one usergroup can export to excel, other groups not. how can i realize this? any howto´s, ideas or workarrounds? thanks andreas -- mfg andreas I am not aware of any way to do this unless you write your own front end instead of using Report Manager. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "AnRa" <...

Import/Export XML in protected worksheet
I developped an excel tool on which most of the cells are protected (and I need to keep them protected). I mapped an XML schema on all the worksheet entries. I would like to be able to import and export all these entries but Excel does not let me do that when the worksheet is protected. Can anybody help? ...

XML with no schemaLocation
I have some XML instance documents that specify schemas via the xmlns attribute. I need to load these documents (with XmlDocument) and have them verified against the XSD's that are mentioned. However, the documents are intended to be shared between machines but the location of where the XSD's are stored can vary from machine to machine so I don't think it is possible for me to specify the xsi:schemaLocation in the instance documents. To load these documents and have them verified I can only think that I should: 1. Load them once without validation 2. Parse the document and buil...

Trouble deserializing XML data from UPS.com
I am trying to use the UPS.com online tools to develop a class libary that uses serialization to communicate with their XML APIs. When I use the class libary to generate a TimeInTransitRequest object, the XML looks like this (I substituted the user credentials): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <AccessRequest xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xml:lang="en-US"> <AccessLicenseNumber>LIC_NUM</AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId>UserName</User...

Access & XML
Anyone know of a decent Training Site for using XML w/ Access? A Client is willing (pay the cost) to send me to XML Training. I would be using SQL Server & Cognos (perhaps Oracle) XML Tables into Access. Then automating Reports to Excel. TIA - Bob ...

Re: How to remove xmlns attribute from XML document (.net)
Here is an updated link: Prevent Namespace Prefixes from Being Copied to the Output http://www.braintrove.com/Xslt/Articles/8/Prevent-Namespace-Prefixes-from= -Being-Copied-to-the-Output --=20 Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] Visit Brain Trove ( http://www.BrainTrove.com ) ...

MAPS "stuff"
Don't know of a usergroups for this, but I know many of you subscribe to MAPS. Aside from the install disks for all of the programs, how far back - if any- do you keep any of that promotional materal? Are the Beta disk wort keeping for any reason once the final product is released (I can't imagine why they would be, butI've been wrong before) "Joe#2" <Joe2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8129CA2-0CE7-47A6-9E4E-AF6848764719@microsoft.com... > Don't know of a usergroups for this, but I know many of you subscribe to > MAPS. As...

Export Publisher logo & text to .jpg file for thumbnail image
Need to download my Publisher logo & text to .jpg file with a physical size of 320 x 120 pixels, which I can then download into a thumbnail image on a busines website. OR is there another way to download my logo & text from Publisher into a .jpg of 320x120 pixels so I can download it into the website? You could open your saved .jpg in a digital image editing program and resize it. The freeware IrfanView may be useful to you... Download IrfanView 3.97 http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html (get the plug-ins too) Open the image in Irfanview and go to... Image / Resize-Resample...

Exporting Customization Forms and Reports
When we exporrting the customized forms and reports, we wish if can exporting them by Module/Related Name for e.g. we can export the customized HR forms and screen to one package but when its come to POP, SOP, Payroll for example they categorized under Great Plains so its diffecult to saperate them. We need that becouse when we do importing any customization to our customer we need to import only related to module that regitser for the customer not every thing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vo...

Bug in Xml.XmlElement?
Hi gents, can you please confirm this behavior? [xml]$X = "<sms_package><tag/></sms_package>" $X.sms_package.name Having a look at Get-Member, XmlElement DOESN'T contain property called name. However '.name' returns 'sms_package' string. Having a look at XmlElement.psbase, it contains property Name, I am however curious why it returns it even when psbase is not used :( This just broke my code suddenly, any help is highly appreciated. Martin Did this not behave the same way in v1? You've done your homework Wha...

XML to CSV and having problems
I'm new to XSLT, but everything I've read says this is the best approach to solving the XML->CSV problem. Based on some web reading, I came across the following XSLT code which appears valid, even if it doesn't work quite as expected. XSLT: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="text"/> <xsl:template match="BlockTrade"> ID=<xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(Block_Trade_Id)&q...

Export Error Table created After Exportin A Table From Access To Excel?
I received a Database with a number of tables that each contain 24272 rows of data. When I export any of the tables to Excel a table is created in Access with the name of the Exported file and the word Error which contains 2 fields -- One field states: "Rows dropped due to worksheet" and the other field states the number of rows dropped "16384." Is there a limitation either in Access or Excel as to how many rows can be exported to Excel or imported into Excel? -- Barbara A lot depends on the versions involved and the way it is exported. If you use code and DoCmd.Tr...

Xml Serialize override problem
The code is below.. I want to be able to override two classes to the same element name... I've commented out the code which I cant get to work... the base of the code is an extention of one of the .Net examples... using System.Xml; using System.Xml.Serialization; using System.Collections; using System.IO; using System.Runtime.Serialization; using System; namespace ConsoleApplication1 { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute("library")] [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute (IsNullable=false)] public class library { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementA...