--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com...
> give me complete formula

0
bob.NGs (282)

word 2007 how to display the objects in all files
Word is not displaying any object such as pictures or text created as tables etc. The problem is with all files on a particular computer. The files open fine on any other computer so it must be some setting or other I have mistakenly made. skyhome, Not sure if this will cover your problem but have you tried Office-button - options for Word - advanced - under show document content - should be an option like show pictures or texboxes, check it, and see if it helps. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "skyhome" <skyhome@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in b...

Can I put merge fields in Word Art?
Is it possible to place a merge field so it displays as word art? Or, is there an alternate way to get text to autofit an entire space? When you do a merge you can change the text to any size or color you want. What version Publisher do you have? In step 5 of the Mail and Catalog wizard you can change your merge to a Publication and adjust. You can create a WordArt and use it as part of your merge document. If you have Publisher 2003 read the help about catalog merge... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Judico&...

series of conditional formulas #2
hello, i would like to create a formula which says: if the value in column A is -1, and the value in column B is 2, and th value is column C is 0, then return the value -1 AND if the value in column A is 2, and the value in column B is 1, and th value is column C is -1, then return the value 0 AND etc.etc. There is a finite list of possible permutations for the values i columns A, B, and C, and I would like to define a result for eac possible permutation. I know that I could accomplish this by dedicatin a separate column and IF() formula to each possible outcome, the summing the results, but...

fix cell contents before deleting column from which formula's are based
I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the calculated results and deleting the column from which the formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell contents) before but can't remember how and am obviously not wording my query correctly for the help function. Thanks. Erica Copy, paste special, values? then delete the column? >-----Original Message----- >I want to e-mail a spreadsheet to someone showing only the >calculated results and deleting the column from which the >formula's are based. I have done this (fixing the cell >cont...

OL 2003 Looses Word Email Recepient Ability
After having installed Outlook 2003, Word 2000 no longer summons an email envelope when I attempt a Send To email recipient. I can summon the attachment method but the option to send to recipient has been deactivated. It worked successfully prior to OL2003 upgrade. I have run Office Repair and I have also re-installed Office Pro with no resulting change. Where do I go from here? Back to Outlook 2000. You can't mix versions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Howard Kelley" <hkelley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ehnW6GNpDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > After havin...

IF Formula
I have 5 different Classrooms. Kool Kidz is the only what that has a criteria. All classes, I need one year added to [Date], Kool Kidz criteria is If [Date] is >=9/2/07 then expiration is 9/1/08, if [Date] is<9/2/07 then add one year to [Date]. I know it must be close, but it still is not working, Can anyone give me some suggestions. Thank you in Advance. =IIF(and([ClassroomID]="Kool Kidz",[Date]>=9/2/07), DateSerial(Year([Date])-(CLng(Format([Date],"mmdd"))>901), 9,1),DateAdd("yyyy",1,[Date]) On Sep 30, 1:19 pm, "debb...@ywcaofjamestown.com&...

Unable to delete the last blank page in MS word
We generate a word document using VB script. Dynamically populate values from DB using bookmarks. We also attach a pre defined document at the end, but a blank page comes after the attachement. How to avoid programatically? There is no empty spaces below the attachement section or the attachment. Pleae advice. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Vishnu" <Vishnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9DCEAA6-DBAF-4BD0-9E6C-8B33...

converting formula values into just numbers?
I need to manipulate with a macro, as absolute numbers, the numerical values returned from a formula. Instead of say.....1,3,5,8, etc. the macro sees the corresponding formula when referred to these cells and can't work with it. How can I return just straight numbers from the formula calculations? Thanks One way: Dim myValue As Double myValue = Range("A1").Value In article <OPPdt4k0DHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "DNunley" <dnunley@earthlink.net> wrote: > I need to manipulate with a macro, as absolute numbers, the numerical values > re...

copying charts into MS Word
I have created a chart in Excel (using F11 to create a separate chart tab) when I try and copy & paste it into MS Word it loses all colours and appears in greyscale when I would like to keep the chart colours- any suggestions?? Cheers, Check your printer settting to see if you have a black And White Printer or grey Scale Selected on a color Printer. "kippers" wrote: > I have created a chart in Excel (using F11 to create a separate chart tab) > when I try and copy & paste it into MS Word it loses all colours and appears > in greyscale when I would like to kee...

using word for e-mail
I have 4 computers in my house. 3 with windows 7 and one with XP. I had no idea when buying microsoft office word 2007 that i would have limited use with word and E-mail. How do i upgade the computers that this won't work with? Word is not an e-mail application. What is it that you are trying to achieve? You can attach Word documents to e-mail (though as you have Word 2007, it would make sense to attach them as PDF files and thus ensure that the user sees what you intend). messages, in just about any e-mail application I can think of. If you want a Word-like e-mail editor,...

help with formula #2
Here is the answer of my question sent to Google on 2003- 07-15 00:41:33 PST : """ Tim wrote in message: > > I've got a workbook with many worksheets on it(about 60). On 2 columns > on a sheet in this workbook i have data and i need to export this data > to particular cells in other worksheets. For example on columns A1:A20 > and B1:B20 on a worksheet is my data and I want to export the contents > of cells A1B1 to cells A1B1 in worksheet1 then data from A2B2 to cells > A2B2 in worksheet2 and so on. > What is the easiest way to do this job? > ...

After IF formulae
HI, I have applied a IF statement to Colun H with results in Column I, (thanks to this group on showing me how) BUt now I would like to condense the results in Column I to a seperate sheet all together without all the spaces that are in the I after the IF statement was applied. Thanks for the extra help. Mike Checkout: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/noblanks.htm -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200841 "MikeR-Oz" wrote: > HI, > > I have applied a IF statement to Colun H with results in Column I, (thanks > to this group on showing me how) BUt now I would like...

I can't figure out this formula
I inherited a spreadsheet. One of the cells has this formula: {=TABLE(,B1)}. There's a value in the cell...like it's calculating something but I can't figure out what it's referring to. Can someone explain this to me? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51A37BC-9230-4F8D-9230-B144E6FACB12@microsoft.com... > I inherited a spreadsheet. One of the cells has this formula: > {=TABLE(,B1)}. There's a value in the cell...like it's calculating something > but I can't figure out what it's referring to. Can ...

Can I Rotate with a Condition -or- Can I Display Graphics with a Formula
I am trying to write a function that will display less than and greater than signs, but do so in two directions; I'd like them to go left to right or up and down. So my questions is, since I can't find a char() for a reverse caret, is it possible to either rotate the caret with a conditional, or is there a way to display graphic characters (which I'll draw) using an Excel formula? Thanks Here's a goopd example of how you can use Excel to rotate an object, but I'm not sure how to use this concept to reverse a caret... http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm ...

Importing Large Amounts of Data
I pull in sales data sometimes and it's much larger than a standard Excel work sheet of 65,536 lines. I'm using Excel 2003 and was wondering if I could somehow import my data and when it gets to the end of a work sheet that it would start importing into another work sheet. Is this possible? Thanks....Mark Here's what Dave Peterson suggested in response to a similar question: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=40ECA5E9.BCA62AB3%40msn.com '==================== I'd use my favorite text editor to split it up into many pieces (and import each piece separatel...

Can't get simple chart to look right
I have some data which I can't show in a simple Excel chart no matter how I try! Can someone please help. I'm using Excel 2003. I just can't get the data in the right place and I can't get an evenly-spaced date/time x-axis. ------------ The data is essentially the date/time when 3 people make phone calls. At the bottom of this message is a sample of the data. FOR THE X-AXIS I would like to show the date/time for the period involved in a normal evenly-spaced way. FOR THE Y-AXIS I would like three data series each going left to right along the direction of the x-axis...

SUMPRODUCT to substiute array formula
I have this formula =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A100),0,A1:A100)) entered as an array formula, to sum a column even if some of the cells contains error values. Now I wonder if it could be done using SUMPRODUCT or any other functions, to avoid the array formula? Jan Try this (normally entered): =3DSUMPRODUCT(--(NOT(ISERROR(A1:A100))),A1:A100) Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 26, 8:42=A0am, "Jan Kronsell" <kronsell(nomorespam)@adslhome.dk> wrote: > I have this formula > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =3DSUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A100),0,A1:A100)) > > ente...

SumProduct not right
This formula is summing ALL the incidences in the N column of what's in E2. I want it to sum ONLY those that are in E2 but also also matching what's in A3. =SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$E$3:$E$5000=$A$3)--(Data!$R$3:$R$5000=E2),Data!$N$3:$N$5000) I can't figure out why it's not working, because a similiar formula works for other situations. Thanks, Steve On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:49:01 -0800, Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This formula is summing ALL the incidences in the N column of what's in E2. I >want it to sum ONLY those that are...

"insufficient rights" when logon Outlook XP to EXCH 2000
When I try to open my Exchange account I get the Message "Outlook cannot start. You do not have sufficient rights to log on" (hope translated well). Outlook is SP3, Excahgen is Version 6.0 SP3. It is NOT a domain logon problem, cause I can logon to the domain normally and browse through the network shares of the server. And : I can logon with the same username an password from any other workstation in the networks. Whats wrong with my Outlook ? Does it help to reinstall Office ? Thanks for an idea ! Gerhard Check your mail profile whether it is configured for the correct ...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

mailmerg current record from a Access form to Word
Hi, I'am having a problem with merging just one record with a Word doc. In Access i have a multipage (3 tabs) displaying just one record. On the first page (tab) i have a combobox which is used to select a record from the database. All the fields(75) are then displayed on the pages(tabs) of the multipage. I have a button called "merge" with which i would like to be able to; 1. Open word and open a certain letter (c:\data\DBM\testletter.doc) in which i have put mergefields (I connected the letter to the database of the form) 2. Then merge only the current record (...

Writing a macro to delete specific lines from a large Word document
Hi I have a large Word document, several hundred pages long. I would like to do the following Find each and delete every line that starts "Comments:", "Author:", "MyRating:". These are typically the first 3 lines of every page, but it can vary. I am doing this manually, but am curious to know if it's possible do it using a macro. My guess is this is too complex to do using a macro. Thanks Dim sText() As String Dim oRng As Range Dim i As Long sText = Split("Comments:,Author:,MyRating:", ",") For i = 0 To UBound(sTe...

Budget
Hi, I have about 6 Mths of Income / Exp in Money 2003. When I do my budget it automatically extimates my expenses & fills in the $ amount. When I finish the budget & look at the "Review your current budget status - Current Month" report it shows that I have Expenses over budget. Example Bills:Telephone has actual of $71 & budgeted $0 When I Right Mouse Click & choose Edit. I get an option to cahnge a bill in this category or add an additional expense in this category. When I choose another category ie Automobile:Gasoline it opens up a budget window, where I...

Check for # of Words in Function
Apologies in advance, I am NOT a coder, I am trying to fix VBA someone wrote for me by 'slogging' through it on my own. Making some decent headway on easier stuff but I am at an impasse. He has a function that creates an Acronym out of a Value. However I want to modify it so it ONLY does it if the # of words in that value > 1. Can anyone give me a heads up on how to add that here please? It would be most appreciated: Private Function GenerateAcronym(ByVal val As String) As String 'Tested OK Dim str As String, prom As String, ch As String, res As String ...

word 2002 to work with vista
I can't get word 2002 to work on my vista its says have have to change the association preferences. Can anyone help me with that? I am not very computer savvy so i will need step by step instructions. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee i really need this to work ...